Air Travel Rant - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-19-2007, 10:15 AM Thread Starter
Illegitimi non Carborundu

Sportbike: That Bike
Years Riding: That Long
How you found us: Google Search for "sexy."

Send a message via AIM to Paul Send a message via MSN to Paul Send a message via Yahoo to Paul Send a message via Skype™ to Paul
Air Travel Rant

So, I had to take a couple of trips this week. As the King Air is gone and sold, I was taking commercial for all of the trips. It saved a ton of money for me but the trouble I endured was not worth it in my opinion.

Delays, long screening lines, the fact that commercial travel is more like mass transit these days... The list goes on-an-on. I was to come home from Atlanta yesterday at 5:00pm and was planning on heading out for a night of fun right from the airport. The delay ended up getting me at the gate at 9:30pm! Then, as would be expected, my luggage was lost. And you know the drill, it takes an hour to get the trace on it since half the plane also had their luggage lost. Out of the three trips I had this week, I was "randomly" screened twice. One of the times I was running late as is and barely made it before the gate closed.

The ONLY good that came out of the trips was a friend of my sister, who is a flight attendant for American, flirted with me the whole trip to Miami! I got a number and everything. She said "It was meant to be.." Huh? Anyways, I'll give her a call in a week-or-so and see how that goes. She lives in Dallas, though.

The sooner I get my new rating and a way to transport myself, I am done with this commercial stuff. I'd forgotten how frustrating it is these days.

2012 Goldwing Owner
2013 Ninja 1000 Owner
2013 Harley Davidson Night Rod Special Owner
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-19-2007, 12:56 PM

going from a private plane to commercial is definately gonna be hell. I was on a private plane once, had about 12 people in it. I was on the same size plane for commercial use going from New York to Chicago, 50 something people. Private's the way to go
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-19-2007, 01:04 PM
U-P-G-R-A-Y-E-D-D

Sportbike: 04 GSXR6
Years Riding: 2
How you found us: I thought it was a line for muffins

Send a message via AIM to FiReBReTHa
whoopie doo about your sis friend

this thread will have no interest from me till you say that you are in the mile high club

www.firespeedtactical.com
Trial By Fire.
Like our page!
http://www.facebook.com/firespeedtactical

Quote:
"I'm spooning a barrett 50 cal. I could kill a building."
-Archer

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode