Messed up Story - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-16-2003, 09:30 AM Thread Starter

Sportbike: looking to get dirty!
Years Riding: long time
How you found us: SBN

Messed up Story

Last night I found out an old friend of mine was killed in a car accident a couple of weeks ago. I found out from my friend who just installed a new furnace and a/c at my parents house. Appearantly my mom told him. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm....thats funny cause she didn't tell me. I used to ride with this guy and he kind of just disappeared over the last couple of years. Is this confusing yet????

Anyway, turns out my ex-girlfriend, the one who constantly calls and bugs my mother, called my mom and told her that her boyfriend was killed in a car accident and that I knew this person. From what I hear he got drunk, went drag racing, and lost control of the car.

How weird is that??? I know why he disappeared not. Not that I would of cared. It sucks he died I wouldn't wish that on anyone, infact I wouldn't wish my ex-girlfriend on anyone either.

Well, that's it.....don't know what else to say....messed up huh???

Brian (F.K.A. Crazy)

Gamertag: CRAZY403

“You can’t escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today.”

-Abraham Lincoln

“Blessed are the young, for they shall inherit the national debt.”

-Herbert Hoover
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-16-2003, 09:41 AM

Sportbike: 2000 Hayabusa Blue & Silver! Mods-> Oh yeah!
Years Riding: Oh just a couple or so....
How you found us: Old SBN days.......

Wow that is pretty weird.

I know i'm prying but did you ask your mom why she did not tell you and does she tell you your ex calls her alot? Maybe she is covering her bases in fear of hurting you?

Mom's are a funny breed that way. I know i have one and married to one!

<--Kelly

2000 Hayabusa
2006 Honda CRF50
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-16-2003, 09:47 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Labdog
Wow that is pretty weird.

I know i'm prying but did you ask your mom why she did not tell you and does she tell you your ex calls her alot? Maybe she is covering her bases in fear of hurting you?

Mom's are a funny breed that way. I know i have one and married to one!

I'm pretty sure my mom is trying to protect my relationship with my wife and be a nice person at the same time. I know my ex calls her alot. My wife knows it too and HATES it. My mom is too nice to tell my ex to get lost. I see where my mom is coming from and am not mad at her. It's not like the guy was my best friend or even that we hung out anymore. Though he was a good friend back in the day. I'm positive mom thought it wouldn't be a big loss if I didn't know and that it would avoid conflict. To be honest....if I knew I probably would have gone to the wake and who knows what my psycho ex would have tried to pull.

Brian (F.K.A. Crazy)

-Abraham Lincoln

-Herbert Hoover
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-16-2003, 09:59 AM

Sportbike: 2000 Hayabusa Blue & Silver! Mods-> Oh yeah!
Years Riding: Oh just a couple or so....
How you found us: Old SBN days.......

If ya ever need the EX "trunked" let me know!

Always willing to help a friend!

<--Kelly

2000 Hayabusa
2006 Honda CRF50
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-16-2003, 10:07 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Labdog
If ya ever need the EX "trunked" let me know!

Always willing to help a friend!

naaaaaaaah she hasn't posed a threat yet and I can handle it if she does. Anne and I have a strong enough relationship that it would be extremely difficult for this girl to do anything that would hurt us.

On a side note. I've been searching all morning for a news clip or something on what happened to my friend. If anybody finds something or knows something please let me know. His name was Micael P. Marino and was 30 years old. He lived in Mokena a couple of years ago and Oak Forest before that. He frequently played money games at local pool hauls usually at Pro-Time in Orland and before that Rack-em-up in Crestwood. When we rode he had a red white and blue CBR f2. He died in a car accident. I found the obituary dated April 2nd so had to happen shortly before that.

thanks

Brian (F.K.A. Crazy)

-Abraham Lincoln

-Herbert Hoover

Last edited by Meulen; 04-16-2003 at 10:09 AM.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-16-2003, 03:09 PM Thread Starter

This is driving me nuts. I've been searching news stories all day to try and find something about what happened. All I can find is the obit.

Brian (F.K.A. Crazy)

-Abraham Lincoln

-Herbert Hoover
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-16-2003, 03:10 PM

Sportbike: k7 gsxr 600 track bike project
Years Riding: couple years...
How you found us: google

It's a small freakin world man!
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-16-2003, 03:12 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Jcaloncagon
It's a small freakin world man!

why?????do you know something about Mike????

Brian (F.K.A. Crazy)

-Abraham Lincoln

-Herbert Hoover
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-17-2003, 09:53 AM

Sportbike: 08 YZ250F, 03 Tuono
Years Riding: Eh?
How you found us: .

Brian~

Mikee was working at Chicago Cycle with me at the time. I had known him for a month or so. Really nice guy. Great salesman, and was really part of the family over there. Normally I would have just PM'd you the info (I'll send you the personal details about it later if you want), but given the nature of the accident, I think it might serve as a sobering experience for others - I know it did for me.

Anyway, here goes. That Monday was payday, and as is often the case, some of the guys would go to Mullens (the sports bar across the street from the dealership) for a few beers, pool, darts whatever to blow off steam. Mikee was there that night, and was over-served. The accounts from the people that were with him vary, but all said that they'd seen him alot worse in the past, and that they didn't worry too much when he left with another guy to drive home.

He and the other guy were driving their cars south on Western Ave. The term "drag racing" might be a little extreme (he drove a stock Prelude), but they were certainly exceeding the speed limit, and most likely messing around a bit. Mikee lost control of his car at the corner of Western and Peterson. He swerved off the road and hit a tree head on. He tore his car in half lengthwise. He died instantly.

The guy he was with lost it, and called one of the owners of the shop who drove to the scene immediately, and was there when the police arrived to file the reports etc. When we all showed up for work the next day, the news filtered in. We nearly didn't open the shop that day as everyone was just in a daze. Most had known Mikee for a long time. My counterpart (do you know Kevin Stewart?) was one of his best friends, and ended up handling all the services, and breaking the news to his family etc.

It was a really messed up thing man. Mikee's death really hit alot of people over here hard. Last I heard, the dealership is continuing to persue legal action against the bar for violation of dram shop laws. The wake was last Friday, and the funeral was Saturday. He's buried in a cemetary close to where he grew up (Orland Park maybe? - I can find out for sure and let you know). The only person from CCC that has been to Mullens since was the owner that was at the scene. He showed up the next morning with Mikee's blood stained jacket, threw it on the bar and told the bartender he hoped his tips that night were worth it.

....Mullens did not stay open for business that day.

Again, if you want more details about him, PM me and I'll fill you in with what little I knew, and the stories everyone else has told me since the accident.

I hope this helps someone on this board think twice about getting behind the wheel after a few drinks. I know I used to do it more than I should have, and I know that I'll NEVER do it again.

Sermon over. Hope this helps your seach Bri.

<---- Patrick

Property of Evil Monkey Racing

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-17-2003, 10:10 AM Thread Starter

Wow,

I don't know what to say. Thank you for telling me. I knew Mike for along time. I heard he had been working at Chicago Cycle but wasn't sure. I know he had been in sales at both Speed Limit Cycle and Willy World in recent years. I didn't know Mike to be much of a drinker so the news somewhat surprised me. Mike was there for us one night when one of our friends wife was thrown off the back of his bike in Palos. I used to play pool with him, Mike was literally one of the best players around, and ride with him. I've helped him out a few times with his bike and he set me up numerous times with parts for mine. Last time I saw him was a year ago this easter. Him his girlfriend and his kid were at an Easter service in Evergreen Park. Appearantly he had been seeing my ex-girlfriend recently. Mike was definitely a fun guy and I'm sure he'll be missed.

Thanks Underdog,

RIP Mike

Brian (F.K.A. Crazy)

-Abraham Lincoln

-Herbert Hoover

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode