Some random thought on life... - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-21-2003, 03:13 PM Thread Starter

Some random thought on life...

I think we value kids in our society a lot, not because they're OUR kids...but because they represent the better part of us. As a kid you don't think about manipulating the truth to back stab someone. And generally if you catch a child in the act of something they will at least admit to it. Now of course there's exceptions, but overall it seems to hold true. Let's think for a moment: If you're at school and there's someone you don't like, then you simply don't talk to them. In the working world you sometimes have no choice but to associate with someone who you would never care about outside the workplace. I think that kids have imaginations and adults have illusions. Now I'm not pissed off at anyone here at work or anything, but sometimes I pause and just observe people. Those akward looks when passing each other in the aisles and not knowing if you should say "hey" to the person you're walking past or if the one from that morning still holds its value. I heard that she heard what you said what I know...gossip... People are always telling me that I'm like a kid, sometimes without a care in the world. For a while that bothered me because I'd see changes in friends and acquiantences...becoming more serious and career oriented. Now I look at some of them and they are so caught up in their work, social status, or lies, that if the truth came out their life would tear apart like a house of cards being held together by a fine line of glue.

Right now it's all entertainment for me, but I have learned some things. I've learned that life is better as a kid, so while I have to work and do some grown up stuff, the rest of the time is better spent playing. And not thinking about work while playing. While I smile at some of the things that I hear and see in the office, I wonder if I will ever be pulled into that level of twisted complexity. Hope not, but who does?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-21-2003, 03:58 PM
Administrator

Sportbike: A couple of pasta rockets
Years Riding: Since 1989
How you found us: In the beginning there was CLSB and Tony saw that it was good.

Send a message via AIM to HDTony
I wish my work did nt involve 24 hours a day of my life. I actually feel guilty when I'm playing becasue I'm always on call and am supposed to be ready to go at a moments notice.

HDTony.... Damn glad to meet you!

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.

- Ronald Reagan

AirTek Heating & Air inc.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-21-2003, 04:12 PM

Hey Tony,
Don't feel bad about that; yeah, we all know that it sucks to be on call, but thats what it takes these days. Companies aren't looking for the one who does the least amount of work, they are looking for the ones who want to put in the most. It's funny because that is what it takes to get ahead and be successful in todays society. I was having this conversation with my grandfather yesterday over dinner....he was complaining about how people these days have it too easy, and how it was so much harder back then. This from a man who was basically an accountant without so much as a college degree. Now, you need a minimum of an undergraduate degree in order to be "successful", and a Masters/Doctorite/Law degree above and beyond that to make it to the next level. If you don't have one of those, then you need to be prepared to bust your ass for a while trying to get to the top. An undergraduate degree is now the status quo, equivalent to the high school education of 40 years ago when it was uncommon to find someone with an undergraduate degree. So I say, enjoy your play time...the managers that I work for dedicate their lives to this place, eat/breathe/sleep this place, and have crappy family lives because they are here 14 hours a day. So I say we deserve a little free time away from work.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-21-2003, 04:35 PM
habitual line stepper

Sportbike: F4,Brutale,Warrior,DRZ
Years Riding: X
How you found us: .

Send a message via AIM to Jack
Someone must have gotten the air turned on.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-21-2003, 05:11 PM

Sportbike: 91 Electra Glide
Years Riding: I forgot
How you found us: So long I dont remember

Send a message via AIM to robo74
got here at 8:30am.... System updates take place at 9pm tonight and should end around 2-3am, then go home sleep... get up to be here by 8:30 again because we are not allowed to miss the morning. So when that play time comes... damn, im gonna play.. but I do feel guilty some times.

Rob
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-21-2003, 08:32 PM
freaking newbies, man there slow, ha ha ha

Sportbike: Big Wheel
Years Riding: Since 3
How you found us: This is required?

I'm with you Biggy.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-22-2003, 01:14 AM Thread Starter

Yes, but we are a small breed.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode