Four!! - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-28-2003, 09:35 PM Thread Starter

Four!!

A funny thing happened yesterday as I was heading north on Rt. 59 on my way out to Galena.

Just north of Rt. 64 on the east side of the street there is a golf course. As I was heading northbound @45-55 mph's in fairly heavy traffic, I was surprised to see a golf ball bouncing southbound .....in my lane! Very surrreal, I watch out for a myriad of things while riding, I will have to add golf balls to my list. ( when passing golf courses anyway) Anywho, as luck would have it it ended up bouncing right over me as I passed it. I put my arm out to try to catch it, but was unable to add another waterball to my bag.

Thought I would share.

While I am at it, what are some of the oddest things you encountered while riding?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-28-2003, 09:59 PM
Old Squid on a Blade

Sportbike: 2000 929
Years Riding: Longer than most of you have been alive. And I'm still slow.
How you found us: The voices in my head told me to come here

Ken

There is nothing firm, nothing balanced, nothing durable in all the universe. Nothing remains in its original state, each day, each hour, each moment, there is change. Change is the essence of life. Embrace change as you do life. To fight change is to live in the past.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-28-2003, 10:04 PM

Sportbike: 05 CRF50
Years Riding: "Since 1992"
How you found us: You found me

Ken with his shirt off
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-28-2003, 10:09 PM
Old Squid on a Blade

Sportbike: 2000 929
Years Riding: Longer than most of you have been alive. And I'm still slow.
How you found us: The voices in my head told me to come here

He said odd not scary. And you know he will get even with us if we keep it up...

There is nothing firm, nothing balanced, nothing durable in all the universe. Nothing remains in its original state, each day, each hour, each moment, there is change. Change is the essence of life. Embrace change as you do life. To fight change is to live in the past.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-28-2003, 10:23 PM

Just so ya know, I knew that was you, that's why I hit a water ball off the tee. Just kidding Had the same thing happen to me on 83rd St. in Naperville going eastbound from Rte. 59 to Book road. The idiots at that course over there have the driving range parallel to the road and of course they line up the ones taking lessons closest to the road so the only other golfers are to their back. No net either. DUH!!! Have been hit by cigarettes being flung out car windows before too. I guess it's not ok to litter on the road unless it's a cigarette butt. Sorry, rant off.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-28-2003, 11:33 PM

I actually had a plastic grocery bag fly up an get stuck on my helmet. Not good.... can't see and it
s not easy to get off with gloves. Now I always dug under the screen when I see one flying around.

It happened northbound on Rt83 on my way to Strats just before St. Charles.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-29-2003, 11:48 AM

Re: Four!!

I'm surprised this never happened to you before bri
of course this never happened on my bike but many times in my cage.

all I know is that when I had my old mx6 someone acutally hit my car out of Medina and they said that its not their reponsibility, it is the person who hit the shot that's responsible.

Is that f***n B.S or what??
no way to track down that rich MF.

I think we should have some kind of posts about road hazards too or areas to avoid such as the huge f***n pothole on the 290 to 294 entrance ramp. BE Careful.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-29-2003, 12:02 PM
BEER!

Sportbike: '01 SV650S (Pokey!) '02 Honda CR125 (Blockhead)
Years Riding: 5
How you found us: SBN

Send a message via AIM to Grover
Never really encountered goofy stuff. Except for dodging a turtle while at blackhawk farms on my first real track day. Since I was WAY slow then (as opposed to mearly 'slow' now), that was pretty simple.

Others have more interesting stories than that.

And bad roads (construction, whatnot)? Every major east -west road in Lake county except Rollins has construction on it if you drive on it for more than 2 miles straight.

Chris

NESBA/CCS #142
AIM: GroverSV650S
Dirtbikes are not submarines
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-29-2003, 12:06 PM

Sportbike: 98' CBR600F3
Years Riding: 10 yrs
How you found us: back in the old days of SBN

I've had a golf ball once hit the roof of my car. Wasn't expecting that. Never my bike, well so far.

I've had problems with plastic bags like Cherry too.

I've had to swerve to avoid shoes in the road though.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-29-2003, 12:14 PM

I havent been hit by any golf balls before, but I have had a similar situation. I sliced a tee shot pretty bad. Saw a red eclipse cruzing down the road heading in my direction. Now, I have had my shots head towards the road numerous times but I never had the zing to actually reach the road. Well I actually put it in the back seat of a convertable after 1 warning bounce infront of the car. Close enough of a bounce to warn him a ball was in the road. Landed directly in the back seat.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-29-2003, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Hawkeye
I havent been hit by any golf balls before, but I have had a similar situation. I sliced a tee shot pretty bad. Saw a red eclipse cruzing down the road heading in my direction. Now, I have had my shots head towards the road numerous times but I never had the zing to actually reach the road. Well I actually put it in the back seat of a convertable after 1 warning bounce infront of the car. Close enough of a bounce to warn him a ball was in the road. Landed directly in the back seat.
HA HA Hole in One!! Just the wrong hole!
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-29-2003, 12:17 PM

Sportbike: 2000 Hayabusa Blue & Silver! Mods-> Oh yeah!
Years Riding: Oh just a couple or so....
How you found us: Old SBN days.......

I don't know if i would say odd but i had a wake up call one night going down 355 around North ave exit when i am going some guy in a truck tossed out a cigar and it hit the road in front of me and scared the living SH*T out of me when all these sparks exploded on the ground out of nowhere!

Yeah that was a heart stopper for a minute or so.

<--Kelly

2000 Hayabusa
2006 Honda CRF50

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode