ABT sux! :( - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes
 
Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-26-2007, 02:45 PM Thread Starter
Mmmmmm....
 
Pinkrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 6,402
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Sportbike: RIP Rsux
Years Riding: .
How you found us: .
           
Send a message via AIM to Pinkrider
ABT sux! :(

So I bought a new fridge at ABT Electronics two weeks ago and it was delivered today and the stupid salesman sold me a freaking midget's fridge (I'm not a midget, I'm 5'10") so I had to send it back.

I went in about 2 weeks ago and the salesman was very rude to me and seemed kinda annoyed that I didn't know exactly what I wanted when I walked in and even told me that they were really busy so I only had him for a few minutes. I brought in the measurements of the available space and also the measurements of my old fridge since I couldn't figure out how many cubic feet the old one was. I told the guy that I wanted a new fridge to be at least the same size as my old one, but preferably bigger. I decided on a GE stainless steel top freezer one and he said that the floor model I was looking at was slightly bigger than the actual one I would be buying but it would still be bigger than my current one. I started asking the guy about dishwashers and ranges since I wanted to buy all three and he said I'd have to wait for another salesman to be free and it would probably be awhile so I said forget and just bought the fridge. I should have just walked out without buying anything since he was so rude but my dumb ass didn't. Maybe it had something to do with the yummy smell of their freshly baked cookies.

Well when they came to deliver it today the delivery guys (who were extremely hot btw ) asked if it was going in the garage and I told them no and they gave me a funny look. They showed me the fridge on the truck and it came up to my chest. They looked at my old fridge and said it is about 21 cubic feet and the one I bought is 17 cubic feet. Uh yeah... I don't know anything about fridge's but I believe 17 is smaller than 21.

So now I have to pick another fridge from their website today and wait til Thursday to have it delivered. At least now I know what size I need.

Other than the super hot delivery guys my whole experience with ABT sucked. If I wasn't in such a hurry to get a new fridge delivered I would just get my money back and go somewhere else. Definitely not going to buy my other appliances from them tho. They can take their freshly baked cookies and shove em!!
Pinkrider is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-26-2007, 02:48 PM
Super Moderator

 
Vcook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Winfield
Posts: 43,229
Location: Winfield
Sportbike: bikeless
Years Riding: 10
How you found us: Shit, you know I'm a clsb OG!
           
Send a message via AIM to Vcook
abt rules.

Chris
Vcook is offline  
post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-26-2007, 02:49 PM
Registered User
 
MM Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Hoffman Est., IL
Posts: 4,527
Location: Hoffman Est., IL
Sportbike: Squat
Years Riding: More then one hands worth.
How you found us: Your Mother
           
Send a message via AIM to MM Racing
I had a great experience. Nice person, knowledgeable and I was even able to talk them out of tax. Delivered no problems and the delivery guys even hooked up the water to the fridge when I had told the sales guy I didn't want to pay for it and would do it my self.

Ian
MM Racing is offline  
post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-26-2007, 02:50 PM
B.O.B
 
EndlessRR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Ill.
Posts: 17,550
Location: Ill.
Sportbike: 'nana.
Years Riding: Look at my join date, ruh-tard.
How you found us: SBN?
           
Send a message via AIM to EndlessRR
I, on the other hand, love ABT. They came in 1 day after calling in a burnt bulb for the plasma. Even took his shoes off before entering the house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G2G
No one says you have to get drunk everytime you drink.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoodles
Isn't that like having sex and not finishing though?
EndlessRR is offline  
post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-26-2007, 02:52 PM
Super Moderator

 
Vcook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Winfield
Posts: 43,229
Location: Winfield
Sportbike: bikeless
Years Riding: 10
How you found us: Shit, you know I'm a clsb OG!
           
Send a message via AIM to Vcook
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndlessRR View Post
I, on the other hand, love ABT. They came in 1 day after calling in a burnt bulb for the plasma. Even took his shoes off before entering the house.
burnt plasma bulb? Did they replace the blinker fluid in your tail lights too?

Chris
Vcook is offline  
post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-26-2007, 02:54 PM
YO MAMA
 
Odysseys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: balls deep in someones mom
Posts: 60,261
Location: balls deep in someones mom
Sportbike: 2010 Electra Glide Police Edition 103cu
Years Riding: a long time!
           
that sucks, call the manager and tell them wtf is going on. 2 times, they need to get it straight.



Odysseys is offline  
post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-26-2007, 02:55 PM
B.O.B
 
EndlessRR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Ill.
Posts: 17,550
Location: Ill.
Sportbike: 'nana.
Years Riding: Look at my join date, ruh-tard.
How you found us: SBN?
           
Send a message via AIM to EndlessRR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vcook View Post
burnt plasma bulb? Did they replace the blinker fluid in your tail lights too?
HAHAHAHA i just got that. Whatever, i don't even use the damn thing. Either way, they fixed it under warranty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G2G
No one says you have to get drunk everytime you drink.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoodles
Isn't that like having sex and not finishing though?
EndlessRR is offline  
post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-26-2007, 02:57 PM
Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
 
SmartDrug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Bartlett
Posts: 11,409
Location: Bartlett
Sportbike: 955i Speed Triple, 100AE Road King, AP1 Honda S2000
Years Riding: 1/3rd of my life.
How you found us: Cave Johnson
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkrider View Post
Other than the super hot delivery guys my whole experience with ABT sucked. If I wasn't in such a hurry to get a new fridge delivered I would just get my money back and go somewhere else. Definitely not going to buy my other appliances from them tho. They can take their freshly baked cookies and shove em!!
Did you get their names, my buddies Greg and Chris both deliver for them.

Brian
NESBA #22
الكافرة مع بندقية سوداء
Si vis pacem parabellum

Quote:
Yeah, I quit doing blow, not being rad!
SmartDrug is offline  
post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-26-2007, 03:04 PM
Orgynizer
 
Evil Twin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Chicago
Posts: 14,367
Location: Chicago
Sportbike: 07 600RR
Years Riding: 8 years
How you found us: ......................
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkrider View Post
Well when they came to deliver it today the delivery guys (who were extremely hot btw ) asked if it was going in the garage and I told them no and they gave me a funny look.
I can so see you making them move it around your house.....just to look at them a bit longer

No, move it that way....just a bit to the left...now to the right....

Shelly
STT Northern Promotions Coordinator
Evil Twin is offline  
post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-26-2007, 03:05 PM Thread Starter
Mmmmmm....
 
Pinkrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 6,402
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Sportbike: RIP Rsux
Years Riding: .
How you found us: .
           
Send a message via AIM to Pinkrider
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartDrug View Post
Did you get their names, my buddies Greg and Chris both deliver for them.
No, I wish I had. I'm hoping they re-deliver for me on Thursday. I'm gonna make sure I brush my hair and get out of my pj's before they come on Thursday though just in case!!



I've always heard great things about ABT, that's why I went. My dad buys everything from them and was actually buying about 5 grand worth of surround sound stuff when I was buying the fridge. I blamed everything on him though since he wasn't helping me like he was supposed to.
Pinkrider is offline  
post #11 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-26-2007, 03:07 PM
[Online]
 
Fracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 3,695
Location: Chicago
Sportbike: Multistrada 1100S; CBR600RR
Years Riding: Since 2004
How you found us: CRR
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odysseys View Post
that sucks, call the manager and tell them wtf is going on. 2 times, they need to get it straight.
+1

ABT is a great store, I bet you simply had a bad luck with that particular sales guy. I've bought a whole bunch of stuff from them on many occasions and I every time the experience was top notch.

Call them up and complain, demand another sales person to work with you and straighten it out.

- Stas

Thou shalt not disfigure the soul.
Fracker is offline  
post #12 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-26-2007, 03:13 PM Thread Starter
Mmmmmm....
 
Pinkrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 6,402
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Sportbike: RIP Rsux
Years Riding: .
How you found us: .
           
Send a message via AIM to Pinkrider
Quote:
Originally Posted by evltwinn999 View Post
I can so see you making them move it around your house.....just to look at them a bit longer

No, move it that way....just a bit to the left...now to the right....

Hells yeah gurl!!! WOOT!! They were actually here for a while... They were joking with me and stuff and gave me advice on which one to exchange it for.
Pinkrider is offline  
post #13 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-26-2007, 03:16 PM
PPF Installer
 
wingnutsgsxr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Hanover Park, IL
Posts: 1,286
Location: Hanover Park, IL
Sportbike: 01 GSXR 600
Years Riding: 5
How you found us: post on gixxer.com
           
the salemans name should be on your receipt and I bet if you went back in there you could point him out. That needs to be reported because everything I've heard from that place has always been good.

Was good for me when I got my dishwasher and washer and dryer from them. Got the saleman to match the internet price because it wasn't the same then I got him to inlcude all the installation and haulaway for free plus reduce the total ammount so that way tax wasn't a factor plus I got a $400 rebate with everything. and the installation at my house was a beast for the washer and dryer, the poor installation guys never want to come back.
wingnutsgsxr is offline  
post #14 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-26-2007, 03:17 PM
Bop your way home...
 
Dr. D's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: on the move in Texas
Posts: 5,622
Location: on the move in Texas
Sportbike: Hypermotard
Years Riding: since 99'
How you found us: Googled "bullshit artists"
           
ABT worked out well for me, got a couple in wall AC units. They were exactly what I neeeded (I didn't know what i needed walking in) and have worked perfectly for the two years I've had them. Salesman was direct, no BS, kind of guy. I like that.

-Alan-
Balancing the Paradox
of Art and Profit
Dr. D is offline  
post #15 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-26-2007, 03:20 PM
TOOS Racing
 
dennywags's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: mount prospect
Posts: 2,260
Location: mount prospect
Sportbike: gsxr 1000 gsxr 750
Years Riding: enough to know better
How you found us: googled "pussies on bikes"
           
i have always had good luck at Abt. if you have more problems ask for George Mavraganis. he works in appliances. super nice guy.
dennywags is offline  
post #16 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-26-2007, 03:24 PM
Registered User
 
Kruz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: West of 59, North of 88
Posts: 18,885
Location: West of 59, North of 88
Sportbike: 05 CRF50
Years Riding: "Since 1992"
How you found us: You found me
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vcook View Post
abt rules.
+1 Women have no place at ABT!
Kruz is offline  
post #17 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-26-2007, 03:26 PM
Super Moderator

 
Vcook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Winfield
Posts: 43,229
Location: Winfield
Sportbike: bikeless
Years Riding: 10
How you found us: Shit, you know I'm a clsb OG!
           
Send a message via AIM to Vcook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruz View Post
+1 Women have no place at ABT!
Are you sure? I think I saw an isle of stoves and ranges there.

Chris
Vcook is offline  
post #18 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-26-2007, 03:30 PM Thread Starter
Mmmmmm....
 
Pinkrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 6,402
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Sportbike: RIP Rsux
Years Riding: .
How you found us: .
           
Send a message via AIM to Pinkrider
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruz View Post
+1 Women have no place at ABT!
Pinkrider is offline  
post #19 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-26-2007, 03:33 PM
Orgynizer
 
Evil Twin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Chicago
Posts: 14,367
Location: Chicago
Sportbike: 07 600RR
Years Riding: 8 years
How you found us: ......................
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkrider View Post
Hells yeah gurl!!! WOOT!! They were actually here for a while... They were joking with me and stuff and gave me advice on which one to exchange it for.
Well then I'm coming to your house on Thursday.....

Shelly
STT Northern Promotions Coordinator
Evil Twin is offline  
post #20 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-26-2007, 03:34 PM
stuck in 6th gear
 
Ernie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Palatine
Posts: 7,632
Location: Palatine
Sportbike: '99 SV650, GSX-R1K2, CRF230F5, '08 HM-S
Years Riding: not enough lately *(&%# work...
How you found us: LBK back in the day
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkrider View Post

I've always heard great things about ABT, that's why I went. My dad buys everything from them and was actually buying about 5 grand worth of surround sound stuff when I was buying the fridge. I blamed everything on him though since he wasn't helping me like he was supposed to.
another positive vote for ABT. they've been great with all of my purchases for various apartment and current house needs.

for your dad for abandoning you at the store


you for not paying attention in middle school math class

cubic feet of your fridge is simply the volume (base x height x length) measured in feet.

so if you have a tape measure, write down the dimensions (probably in inches so convert the length to feet by dividing each dimension by 12)

the salesman at ABT (or any appliance store) should then be able to show you the models that fit your size requirements
Ernie is offline  
post #21 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-26-2007, 03:35 PM
The Benchwarmer
 
Village Idiot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 14,580
Location: Chicago
Sportbike: Ninja
Years Riding: Long
How you found us: Dong
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vcook View Post
Are you sure? I think I saw an isle of stoves and ranges there.
i saw a few in the toilet brush and rubber glove aisle too

Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest - Denis Diderot
Village Idiot is offline  
post #22 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-26-2007, 03:38 PM
Midnight Rider
 
PatFitz9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: North side
Posts: 3,885
Location: North side
Sportbike: R6 and a Z1000
Years Riding: for a bit
How you found us: random PM on sportbikes.net
           
dont order it online, i'm sure a manager would make it worth your while if you make a drive over there. customer service is number one at that place, and it sounds like your salesman was a jackass.

and just wondering, did you just take the guys word for it and pay? not that it's your fault, but that would further prove that this guy sucks if he didn't even show you the model you're getting.

Fat Pat #728

If you don't like my fire, then don't come around...
PatFitz9 is offline  
post #23 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-26-2007, 03:38 PM
CRF50 Squid
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 9,588
Location: Chicago
Sportbike: K6 GSX-R 750, 1971 CL350
Years Riding: Veteran Poser
How you found us: Google
           
Send a message via AIM to Blah Blah Blah
Sounds like a case of unprepared consumer. No way a salesman will try and sell you a smaller (cheaper) fridge. They want you to buy the bigger and more expensive unit.

"The man who makes me your enemy, it is he who be the guilty one....Here I abandoned peace and desecrated law; fortune it is you I follow. Farewell to treaties. From now on war is our judge!"
Blah Blah Blah is offline  
post #24 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-26-2007, 03:46 PM
TOOS Racing
 
dennywags's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: mount prospect
Posts: 2,260
Location: mount prospect
Sportbike: gsxr 1000 gsxr 750
Years Riding: enough to know better
How you found us: googled "pussies on bikes"
           
why dose everyone call it A-B-T? Abt is their last name. no one ever spells out sears or best buy.
dennywags is offline  
post #25 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-26-2007, 03:57 PM
Registered User
 
Kruz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: West of 59, North of 88
Posts: 18,885
Location: West of 59, North of 88
Sportbike: 05 CRF50
Years Riding: "Since 1992"
How you found us: You found me
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vcook View Post
Are you sure? I think I saw an isle of stoves and ranges there.
Yeh. you're right...way in the back next to the vacuums. Maybe have a ladies night where only that section is open to them.
Kruz is offline  
post #26 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-26-2007, 03:58 PM Thread Starter
Mmmmmm....
 
Pinkrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 6,402
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Sportbike: RIP Rsux
Years Riding: .
How you found us: .
           
Send a message via AIM to Pinkrider
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatFitz9 View Post
dont order it online, i'm sure a manager would make it worth your while if you make a drive over there. customer service is number one at that place, and it sounds like your salesman was a jackass.

and just wondering, did you just take the guys word for it and pay? not that it's your fault, but that would further prove that this guy sucks if he didn't even show you the model you're getting.
Well he showed me the same model but in a larger size since they can't keep each model in every size on the showroom floor. I thought that seemed legit.

The manager told me to just pick one out online. He didn't mention anything about me coming in.



Quote:
Originally Posted by maoisn View Post
Sounds like a case of unprepared consumer. No way a salesman will try and sell you a smaller (cheaper) fridge. They want you to buy the bigger and more expensive unit.
I'll admit I wasn't prepared and didn't know anything about fridge's but yes way he sold me a smaller and cheaper fridge. He didn't even ask me what I wanted to spend or even try once to show me something more expensive. My budget was actually three times what I ended up spending. I would have been fine with this one had it come in the larger size I thought I was getting but I also wasn't opposed to a nicer model. Honestly I thought he was gonna try and rip me off and sell me one of the ones with the tv on it.
Pinkrider is offline  
post #27 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-26-2007, 04:17 PM
Thread killer
 
ABSOLUTnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,559
Location: Chicago
Sportbike: Honda SVT
Years Riding: 2003
How you found us: word of mouth
           
ABT uses their own generators to power everything.

-Maciek
ABSOLUTnie is offline  
post #28 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-26-2007, 05:18 PM
Armed law abiding citizen
 
Dave13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Middleburg, Florida
Posts: 19,055
Location: Middleburg, Florida
Sportbike: '74 Yamaha RD350
Years Riding: idk
How you found us: Google
           
If you want the delivery guys to stick around longer, do not wear pjs. Just show up to the door wearing a smile and nothing else.
Dave13 is offline  
post #29 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-26-2007, 05:20 PM
Old Squid on a Blade
 
Blade Runner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Carpentersville
Posts: 9,389
Location: Carpentersville
Sportbike: 2000 929
Years Riding: Longer than most of you have been alive. And I'm still slow.
How you found us: The voices in my head told me to come here
           
Seriously, talk to one of the Abt brothers or managers. The boys are nice guys and take customer service very seriously. They make a crapload of $ off of repeat sales.

There is nothing firm, nothing balanced, nothing durable in all the universe. Nothing remains in its original state, each day, each hour, each moment, there is change. Change is the essence of life. Embrace change as you do life. To fight change is to live in the past.
Blade Runner is offline  
post #30 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-26-2007, 05:21 PM
Move along
 
Eugene's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Cardboard box
Posts: 1,606
Location: Cardboard box
Sportbike: 08 GSXR 600
Years Riding: Day after yesterday
How you found us: referred
           
Send a message via AIM to Eugene
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkrider View Post
So I bought a new fridge at ABT Electronics two weeks ago and it was delivered today and the stupid salesman sold me a freaking midget's fridge (I'm not a midget, I'm 5'10") so I had to send it back.

I went in about 2 weeks ago and the salesman was very rude to me and seemed kinda annoyed that I didn't know exactly what I wanted when I walked in and even told me that they were really busy so I only had him for a few minutes. I brought in the measurements of the available space and also the measurements of my old fridge since I couldn't figure out how many cubic feet the old one was. I told the guy that I wanted a new fridge to be at least the same size as my old one, but preferably bigger. I decided on a GE stainless steel top freezer one and he said that the floor model I was looking at was slightly bigger than the actual one I would be buying but it would still be bigger than my current one. I started asking the guy about dishwashers and ranges since I wanted to buy all three and he said I'd have to wait for another salesman to be free and it would probably be awhile so I said forget and just bought the fridge. I should have just walked out without buying anything since he was so rude but my dumb ass didn't. Maybe it had something to do with the yummy smell of their freshly baked cookies.

Well when they came to deliver it today the delivery guys (who were extremely hot btw ) asked if it was going in the garage and I told them no and they gave me a funny look. They showed me the fridge on the truck and it came up to my chest. They looked at my old fridge and said it is about 21 cubic feet and the one I bought is 17 cubic feet. Uh yeah... I don't know anything about fridge's but I believe 17 is smaller than 21.

So now I have to pick another fridge from their website today and wait til Thursday to have it delivered. At least now I know what size I need.

Other than the super hot delivery guys my whole experience with ABT sucked. If I wasn't in such a hurry to get a new fridge delivered I would just get my money back and go somewhere else. Definitely not going to buy my other appliances from them tho. They can take their freshly baked cookies and shove em!!

ABT is great, then again I only deal with my guy there that hooks me up. I've sent him numerous other friends as well and they were all happy with the service given to them. If you haven't bought it yet let me know I can get you a discount. I'll actually be going there this Friday to get a remote starter installed. I only trust them with any installs and go there first for purchases.

Xbox Live: BrBGot2Pee

Last edited by Eugene; 11-26-2007 at 05:23 PM.
Eugene is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome