Verizon Voyager Reviews? - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-26-2007, 01:53 PM Thread Starter

Sportbike: FJR1300
Years Riding: greater than a decade.
How you found us: google

Send a message via AIM to NickIF
Verizon Voyager Reviews?

Who here has it? I'm thinking about getting rid of my razr for one. How is the navigation? Is there a few every time you use it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-26-2007, 02:22 PM
The Sausage king

Sportbike: Ducati
Years Riding: Since my mid-life crisis
How you found us: Hankered for a hunka cheese

I have one.
I like it but I don't have the VZ navigator package. I believe if you do use it, and you don't have the package, its like a $3 charge for the day. I do have the mobile TV and its more like a "look what my phone can do" thing because I rarely sit there and watch TV on it. I did watch a Bulls game recently while on my way home from work. The channels are limited too; there is ESPN, Comedy Central, Fox, NBC, Nick, MTV, MSNBC. Right now the Daily Show is on Comedy Central. Its not what is actually live on TV, but new shows.

Speaker is pretty loud. The touch screen is easy to use, I rarely type in the wrong key, but you can always flip it open and use the full QWERTY keyboard.
The scroll (scrolling through a big list of your contacts) using the touch screen takes a little getting used to but I'm fine with it now. The camera takes decent pictures, but I wish it had a flash.
The internet works well, but in some places works faster than others.

Loading wallpapers and ringtones not purchased through verizon was a problem at first, but you can use a program called BitPim to put your own on the phone.

I'm probably missing a thing or two, anything specific you are looking at?

Da Bears!
Ducati
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-26-2007, 02:55 PM Thread Starter

not really interested in the TV feature, I like the touch screen and navigation though. I played with one in the store and it seemed to work pretty well. I also like the full keyboard. I guess I'm interested in glitches/durability. How long have you had yours?
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-26-2007, 04:39 PM
The Sausage king

I've had it about 4 weeks. No glitches or problems so far; the phone has worked well and that includes after dropping it. I did put on the screen protector they sell at the Verizon store and its a good quality, thick protector that stays on well. Its only for the screen but no scratches or scrapes at all and I don't use a pouch just throw it in my pocket.

It has an antenna that you pull out the side for the mobile TV and I keep thinking that I'm going to break it off, but that so far has been ok too.

The phone uses the mini-headphone jack, so you can't use your mp3 player headphones on it.

The battery is disappointing as it typically only last me day sometimes longer. If you browse the web, the battery drains quickly as I've gone a couple days without charging when I haven't used the web on it. It also gets a little warm in the hand if browsing the web for too long, but so did the iPhone I tried out at the store.

My previous phone was a Samsung D807 on AT&T so I can't comment on reception compared to another phone, but Verizon does have good coverage and reception everywhere I've been.

Overall, its still as solid as the day I bought it, no loose fitting parts, and the hinge to expose the keybd is still tight. I'm under the 30 day trial so I could turn this back in but I think I'm going to keep it. The other phone I was considering was the iPhone but I'm disappointed in the fact its not offered using the 3G network.

Da Bears!
Ducati
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-26-2007, 04:55 PM
To Punish and Enslave

Sportbike: A 10 speed :(
Years Riding: 25
How you found us: I know the dude that runs the website

Send a message via AIM to Jimbo Send a message via Yahoo to Jimbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe_Froman View Post
I have one.
I like it but I don't have the VZ navigator package. I believe if you do use it, and you don't have the package, its like a $3 charge for the day.
I had it on my V and it was 9.99 a month or 2.99 a day. It was really good and never had a problem with it.

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy"- Benjamin Franklin

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vcook View Post
hahahaha, nice try. Everyone knows men age like wine and women age like milk. It's a scientific fact!!
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-26-2007, 05:09 PM
Pathological Thrill Seekr

Sportbike: Trek Marlin
Years Riding: Noob
How you found us: Followed the fast guys

Send a message via AIM to Deuces
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
I had it on my V and it was 9.99 a month or 2.99 a day. It was really good and never had a problem with it.
Now, if you get the "Premium Plan", V-Cast and the Navigator comes included in the plan. No extra charge for the Download (Still says there is) or use.

Ride smart... stupid hurts.

Everyone crashes. Some get back on. Some don't. Some can't...

Godspeed 788!!! We miss you!
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-26-2007, 05:17 PM
Pathological Thrill Seekr

Sportbike: Trek Marlin
Years Riding: Noob
How you found us: Followed the fast guys

Send a message via AIM to Deuces
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe_Froman View Post
I've had it about 4 weeks. No glitches or problems so far; the phone has worked well and that includes after dropping it. I did put on the screen protector they sell at the Verizon store and its a good quality, thick protector that stays on well. Its only for the screen but no scratches or scrapes at all and I don't use a pouch just throw it in my pocket.

It has an antenna that you pull out the side for the mobile TV and I keep thinking that I'm going to break it off, but that so far has been ok too.

The phone uses the mini-headphone jack, so you can't use your mp3 player headphones on it.

The battery is disappointing as it typically only last me day sometimes longer. If you browse the web, the battery drains quickly as I've gone a couple days without charging when I haven't used the web on it. It also gets a little warm in the hand if browsing the web for too long, but so did the iPhone I tried out at the store.

My previous phone was a Samsung D807 on AT&T so I can't comment on reception compared to another phone, but Verizon does have good coverage and reception everywhere I've been.

Overall, its still as solid as the day I bought it, no loose fitting parts, and the hinge to expose the keybd is still tight. I'm under the 30 day trial so I could turn this back in but I think I'm going to keep it. The other phone I was considering was the iPhone but I'm disappointed in the fact its not offered using the 3G network.
Good info! I am looking at this for my next phone. I tried the iPhone and didn't like it. Plus I like the Verizon coverage and the upgrade discounts every 2 years.

Ride smart... stupid hurts.

Everyone crashes. Some get back on. Some don't. Some can't...

Godspeed 788!!! We miss you!
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-26-2007, 08:00 PM Thread Starter

saweeeeeeeeet! I'm going in to the store now. I just found out I get an 18% discount off the monthly bill and 25% off accessories
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-26-2007, 08:06 PM
To Punish and Enslave

Sportbike: A 10 speed :(
Years Riding: 25
How you found us: I know the dude that runs the website

Send a message via AIM to Jimbo Send a message via Yahoo to Jimbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickIF View Post
saweeeeeeeeet! I'm going in to the store now. I just found out I get an 18% discount off the monthly bill and 25% off accessories
I get 19%

Let me know how you like it. The store in downers grove on Butterfield in the same mall as Best Buy, the manager named Stacy is cool and helps me out a lot.

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy"- Benjamin Franklin

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vcook View Post
hahahaha, nice try. Everyone knows men age like wine and women age like milk. It's a scientific fact!!
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-26-2007, 08:12 PM

Quote:
not really interested in the TV feature, I like the touch screen and navigation though. I played with one in the store and it seemed to work pretty well. I also like the full keyboard. I guess I'm interested in glitches/durability. How long have you had yours?

My clumsy 12 year old brother has had his for about a month and has yet to break it. Thing must be built pretty well, although he hasn't put it in the washer yet...
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-26-2007, 09:00 PM

Sportbike: GSXR-1000_many pieces now, GSXR-600_large twisted metal paper wait, fiddy love and only thing left!
Years Riding: just long enough to take a digger...
How you found us: Bozo the Clown

i got one for my gf and one for me. we both like it, no problems as of yet. had it since a couple days after it came out.

the ringer is kinda quiet if you have song ringtones.
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-26-2007, 09:54 PM Thread Starter

sweet thanks for the replies. I ordered mine today.. hopefully it'll be here friday. How long did it take for yours to be delivered?
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-26-2007, 10:33 PM

Sportbike: GSXR-1000_many pieces now, GSXR-600_large twisted metal paper wait, fiddy love and only thing left!
Years Riding: just long enough to take a digger...
How you found us: Bozo the Clown

i pre-ordered them so i had to wait like 3 or 4 weeks
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-27-2007, 05:34 PM
The Sausage king

I got mine in store so no waiting and I get the 18% discount on phones and plan too. Nothing on the iphone or plan so that's another reason I got the Voyager.

Da Bears!
Ducati
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-28-2007, 10:30 AM Thread Starter

What store did you get it from? I talked to two different stores and verizon customer service and there are no stores in the chicagoland area that carry them. They all have to be ordered. Mine will hopefully be here today.
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-28-2007, 10:47 AM
The Sausage king

Quote:
What store did you get it from? I talked to two different stores and verizon customer service and there are no stores in the chicagoland area that carry them. They all have to be ordered. Mine will hopefully be here today.
I got one for my wife and myself at the Verizon store in Countryside/Hodgkins. The zip for the area is 60525. This was about 4 weeks ago and that day they had 4 left after I got my two.

Da Bears!
Ducati

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode