Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

vacuum cleaner?

1K views 30 replies 22 participants last post by  scout67 
#1 ·
Anybody have a good one that lasts? Where to buy, best prices etc? Want something with the spray cleaner since those work wonders.

#2 ·
Define the floors/surfaces and whether or not you have a pet that sheds :)

Also, why or for what purpose do you need a spray cleaner? I have a "little green clean machine" and a hoover rug cleaner..each have their plus and minuses. Also, I have chewed through Hoover, Eureka and Phantom vacs (thank you 3 females with long hair and 2 shedding dogs)... not that they are bad, but some are easier to deal with and clean/replace parts than others.

#4 ·
wont work for me

its majority carpet and i have 2 dogs with dark hair that shed. And on light colored carpet its a nightmare.

#24 ·
+1

I bought my in laws a Dyson for Christmas and turned it on to vacuum a 2' x 2' area just to show them how to use it and it picked up an inch of crap in the cannister from that small area. They said they had vacuumed that morning too :laughing:

#13 ·
I am going to buy the Bissell Pet Hair Eraser vacuum. I have read tons of great reviews on it. It is also a lot less money than the overhyped Dyson, and many of the reviews says they returned the purple Dyson for this one.

#31 ·
We just purchased one from Sears on Saturday. We like it so far. On sale $142.??, why not try it.

Also did the vacuum the room with the old, go back over with the new, test. We were very pleased with the results.

Only thing, is the weird handle shape.

#15 ·
Oreck's outstanding warranty's
I just have a cheapo Eureka bag less. I really do not see the point of bag less ones anymore. The old bag ones needed a 2 dollar bag changed every month or two. These shitty bag less ones have no bag but typically need tons of user attention. Either a fancy screen/filter that needs to be cleaned every 3 times you use it or a filter that needs to be bought for 15 bucks every month.
We have been had by the marketing people. We are mesmerized by seeing dirt spin around in a clear cylinder. I rather have the cheap low maintenance bag back but nobody seems to make them in a upright with the attached hoses for those hard to get to spots.

Under200

#17 ·
Dyson if want to spend the cash. I have one of those Hoover bagless uprights. Kicks ass for sucking up doggie fur. Works on carpets and bare floors.

#18 ·
I have a Hoover WindTunnel and it sucks. Ever since I bought it it has been a piece of shit. The belts keep coming off, even after replacing them. That is why it is getting replaced. I contacted Hoover and they never responded, so they will never get my business again. Their customer service sucks.

#21 ·
I have this one:
http://www.amazon.com/Hoover-U5507-...3?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1199285660&sr=1-3

I've had it for two year now, and I am very satisfied. Used everyday and still on the same belt with awesome suction. Works well the carpet and the hardwood. (don't try that infomercial stuff, if you rice, use the hose. sometimes it spit's a few out the back) the hose isn't real long either. Not many tools, but the ones it has are good, the upholstery attached is a monster. The only other negative is the cannister. When you empty it, you have to be careful not to spill any of the contents. So I make sure that it's well into the garbage can before I open it. It's now $79.

#22 ·
hmm, well the longest pet hair is maybe 1"

#23 · (Edited)
We have a Rainbow and thewife thinks its the best vacuum she has ever used! Its a bit pricey but the performance is absolutly incredible!!!! It has the shampooer that works great and all the attachments to do everything you need. We have had it for atleast 6 years and its as strong as when we bought it. There are newer models out there but we/ SHE just loves the damned thing!:laughing:

This is a pretty good link and should help with some of your questions....

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.discountvacuums.com/RainbowPicture2-NNEW.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.discountvacuums.com/rebuilt.htm&h=200&w=232&sz=17&hl=en&start=21&tbnid=Pb8dOFJWPCdP9M:&tbnh=94&tbnw=109&prev=/images%3Fq%3Drainbow%2Bvacuum%26start%3D18%26gbv%3D2%26ndsp%3D18%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN

#25 ·
So far its sounding like dysons are the best. Now where to shop to get one is the next question? Is it cheaper to get online or a store?

#27 ·
Another + for Dyson. I have a referb Dyson too. If I remember correctly it was around $300 delivered. It does a great job and is very easy to use. One feature I really like is how easy it is to remove and clean the rug beater rollers. Grace sheds (no jokes :flip ) long thick hair that has clogged every vacuum cleaner we have had. I can have the rollers out for cleaning in under 60 seconds.

#28 ·
The Dyson also uses washable filters so you can take out the filter and clean it and put it back in. Filters are pretty easy to remove, there is a button and you just pop it out.

#30 ·
If you really want to invest in a good one go with Oreck or with Miele.

If you want to save some $ go to Best Buy and buy an $80 Hoover with the $20 add-on Best Buy protection plan. They will replace it for you at the slightest sign of poor performance.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.