Buying a used GSX600 good deal yes/no? - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-14-2003, 11:34 PM Thread Starter

Buying a used GSX600 good deal yes/no?

ok so i a good friend of mine is looking into selling his GSX 600 to me... its in great condition - laid down twice low speed - everything was fixed and still has a clean title - custom paint job (electric green or something) and a yoshimura slip on - 2k miles on it 2002 id grade it a B+ or A- on condition... does $5k sound good for the bike? im a newbie by the way please be nice
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-14-2003, 11:40 PM
Old bikes RULE! RIDE ONE!

Sportbike: Aspencade - sold, GSX-R 1000, GSX 600 F - sold, CB 250, DT 100 A, JR 50
Years Riding: since dirt was new and Jesus was a baby
How you found us: Doc, CherryPicker, BFree - The Paddock at Grattan Raceway

Go to www.cycletrader.com there are Blue Book numbers there I'm pretty sure. You can also comparison shop the price. Ultimately if you know your friend took good care of the bike and you feel like it's worth your peace of mind to have a bike that was well cared for, it's worth the money.

Taborn

"For John came neither eating nor drinking, and they say, 'He has a demon.' The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and they say, 'Here is a glutton and a drunkard..."

The first turn is the worst turn, between the left ear and the right one.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-14-2003, 11:45 PM

Check ebay...or cycletrader.com

Great deals if you keep your eyes open. (check everyday)
Sometimes if you travel a bit you can save over $1000 bux just cost you time and gas, but the ride home is GREAT....trust me!

Rob
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-15-2003, 12:08 AM

If its a GSX-R600 Seems alright, MSRP is $7999, but it really depends on the condition. If its a katana I'd say its a little on the high side.

Just a thought but if you are a real newbie I would not recommend spending 5k on your first bike. If you drop it you'd be better dropping a cheap beater then a nice semi-new bike. Theres plenty of mid to late 90's sport bikes out there for under $2500. later
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-15-2003, 12:29 AM
Old bikes RULE! RIDE ONE!

Sportbike: Aspencade - sold, GSX-R 1000, GSX 600 F - sold, CB 250, DT 100 A, JR 50
Years Riding: since dirt was new and Jesus was a baby
How you found us: Doc, CherryPicker, BFree - The Paddock at Grattan Raceway

That's a really good point.

Taborn

"For John came neither eating nor drinking, and they say, 'He has a demon.' The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and they say, 'Here is a glutton and a drunkard..."

The first turn is the worst turn, between the left ear and the right one.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-15-2003, 02:12 AM
Give 'em hell guys!!

Sportbike: R6
Years Riding: 17
How you found us: JimGoFast

Quote:
Originally posted by Boxuin

Just a thought but if you are a real newbie I would not recommend spending 5k on your first bike. If you drop it you'd be better dropping a cheap beater then a nice semi-new bike. Theres plenty of mid to late 90's sport bikes out there for under $2500. later
Very good advice, the only thing I would add to that is: do not get a 600, get something smaller, without fairings that will get damged WHEN you drop it. it will be eaiser to learn throttle control and how to make the bike turn better if you have a smaller lighter bike, it will help you learn skills that will make you a safer and better rider on the bigger bikes. It is tempting to get the latest and greatest so you can have the same stuff as your friends, but you will be so much better off in the llong run, and reduce your chances of getting hurt, going with a smaller bike. That is not a flame, just a reality of learning to ride. Good luck on whatever you decide.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-15-2003, 02:52 AM
CHeYeNNe

Yes it seems like a good price aslong as you know what damage was done to it and how your friend took care of it.

I'm not gonna preach the smaller verses getting a 600. Do what makes you happy...Just RESPECT the bike and it will RESPECT you!!

Cheyenne

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode