Matrix: Reloaded - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-15-2003, 04:30 AM Thread Starter

Matrix: Reloaded

Thank god for the internet. Although my tickets arn't til tomorrow night's show, I was able to see the "Reloaded" tonight (which also allowed me to drink massive amounts of beer) at home. I dont want to ruin this movie for anybody, so all I will say is that even with the very low quality of the version I watched, I can't wait to see it again tomorrow. Just about every question you ever had about the first one is answered, and you are still left waiting for "Revolutions" to come out in November. This movie kicked some major ass. Just four quick things, Goddamn can Trinity ride a bike, the "twins" kick major ass, I think GM paid some major cash for product placement, which leads to the fourth item, for some reason I want to test drive a Cadillac CTS tomorrow.

Go see ASAP, you'll enjoy. The specail effects and fight seens leave you speechless, because you just lost your breath as well.

Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-15-2003, 09:01 AM

Saw it last night. Has alot of slow spots. Cool effects but overall I like the first one much better.
post #3 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-15-2003, 09:57 AM

Sportbike: CURRENTLY LOOKING
Years Riding: since I was 8
How you found us: The NET is MINE

Saw it last night... exit this thread if you don't want your movie going experience runied.

The movie is slow on some parts, but only because you would have a heart attack if it was non stop action. Some of the stuff that is talked about would seem redundant to computer savvy people but you have to concider the masses which is ultimatly the filmakers audience. The special effects are incredible and the CGI is really good unless you are really, really picky... if you picked appart spiderman or blade II, you might be able to do that with some of the CGI here. I think it was worth my money though, and I will see it a couple of more times in the theater. Try not to overhype it in your head and you will have a better overall experience. The first one is excellent because we were all virgins to the universe, but having a second encounter only leaves me wanting more. Once more people see it, I will talk more about it.

Logtar - John

My Blog - @Logtar - Google+
post #4 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-15-2003, 10:07 AM
Wannabe racer

Sportbike: KTM, GasGas, Sherco
Years Riding: Lost too many brain cells to remember
How you found us: Duh!

The other thing to remember is that this one had to have a lot more story to it, because it is piecing the two movies together.

I liked it!
post #5 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-15-2003, 10:12 AM

***** DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVENT SEEN THE NEW MATRIX YET. I DONT RUIN ANYTHING SPECIFIC BUT I MAKE SOME VERY VAGUE GENERALIZATIONS.***************

I saw it last night also. I thought it was supa duppa... I loved it. I agree that there are some slow spots and I would have changed a couple scenes if I were directing. One scene at the top of my list to get changed is Morpheus in the Cave and what followed his part. I thought that was a bit lame The fight scenes were awsome. Wish I could do some of that shit. My review is that is was a must see and a must DVD....
post #6 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-15-2003, 10:41 AM

Sportbike: Suzuki Bandit 400, Suzuki Intruder Volusia
Years Riding: 5
How you found us: A search engine long, long ago

Send a message via AIM to Volkl42
This movie sucked. Too many times did I have to ask myself "why is this happening?" or "what the hell is going on?" Example: at the 'religious ceremony,' what was up with that dancing montage? Too much of this movie seemed like filler. I was getting very angry towards the end. Neo has the force? He certainly used it. So, if he can fly around, and he has powers that let him pull things off walls, why does he have problems fighting again? Oh, and if Agent Smith can dodge bullets, why can't he dodge Trinity's fist? The effects were not that good, more cartoonish than anything, all recycled camera shots from the first one. I think that the people that say this movie were fantastic were the people that had no idea what was going on and since it confused them, it must have been good. or wandered into the Xmen by mistake. Never have I been more upset to spend $7.00 than I have now.

Hi, my name is Matt, and I have a speeding problem
post #7 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-15-2003, 10:57 AM

Volk, I mean this with all due respect. I was going to let your post be, but I did not like

Quote:
I think that the people that say this movie were fantastic were the people that had no idea what was going on and since it confused them, it must have been good.
1. I thought the movie was oversimplified and was way too easy to understand... if there is a complain that would be it. That is why to me it seemed slow, but I still think that the movie was more than fanstastic.

2. It is all good that you did not like it, but you do not have to lash out at people that did not like it.

Now that those are done,

Here is how I interpreted what you did not understand.

Religios Ceremony was really the only time where you really got to see how big the Zion population really is. The point of the dance was explaned by Morpheous. Was a little too long, maybe, but also remember what was also going on. I am sure you saw the first matrix but did you find all the hidden stuff that the W brothers put there... references to books, other movies and tons of religions references. I think this movie paid a couple of tributes to starwars in my opinion.

Agent Smith did not fight with Trinity the movie, she fought other agents. Just line in any martial arts movie, it would be quicker to pull a gun and kill people, but people dodge bullets on this one so at least there is a reason why hand to hand combat is necessary. Now if you remember, the Agent beat the crap out of her, so he basically did not dodged the puches he just used them against her.

Biker boyz sucked, and it sucked in the level that we know how unaccurate that was, but I still did not hate it and was entertained... that is what I go to the movies... and the Matrix entertained me.

Logtar - John

post #8 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-15-2003, 11:23 AM

1. I thought the movie was oversimplified and was way too easy to understand... if there is a complain that would be it. That is why to me it seemed slow, but I still think that the movie was more than fanstastic.

If it was oversimplified, please explain what the archietect said, and why did he hate the human race? And what was he? Human? Program? Machine?

2. It is all good that you did not like it, but you do not have to lash out at people that did not like it.

I did no mean to lash out at the people that did like it, just the movie. I am still upset I paid money to see it.
Now that those are done,

Religios Ceremony was really the only time where you really got to see how big the Zion population really is. The point of the dance was explaned by Morpheous. Was a little too long, maybe, but also remember what was also going on. I am sure you saw the first matrix but did you find all the hidden stuff that the W brothers put there... references to books, other movies and tons of religions references. I think this movie paid a couple of tributes to starwars in my opinion.

The size was shown when Morpheous was talking. A 10 minute dance so we can see Keanu's ass crack was not necessary.

Agent Smith did not fight with Trinity the movie, she fought other agents. Just line in any martial arts movie, it would be quicker to pull a gun and kill people, but people dodge bullets on this one so at least there is a reason why hand to hand combat is necessary. Now if you remember, the Agent beat the crap out of her, so he basically did not dodged the puches he just used them against her.

Did you not see the movie? That was Agent Smith

If you enjoyed it, more power to you. I just would like to warn people that this may not be the cinematic orgasm that some some people make it out to be [not you, but the reviewers that say this movie was is the greatest movie made. Visit imdb.org, you will see what I mean]

post #9 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-15-2003, 11:45 AM

The Architect never said that he hated the human race... he even admited it he needed them but that they machines were prepared to live without them if necessary. He is a program just like the oracle... he admited that he and the oracle are kind of like the parents of the matrix... think of it as he was the first creation of the artificial intelligence or the artificial intelligence itself. He also said that he keeps on screwing up the matrix because of his lack of human spirit.

The Dance scene cathered(Sp?) to women, not to us. I would have done it completely different, but we still have to see if the gals really enjoyed it or not.

Agent Smith did not fight Trinity... an Agent did but not Smith... Smith only fought Neo, and Morpheous for a little bit... I will confirm that when I watch the movie again.

Logtar - John

post #10 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-15-2003, 12:25 PM

I would like to agree with Logtar, Trinity did not fight Agent Smith at all in this movie.

(This was added after I posted this reply) Logtar is also correct on everything he said about the Architect. Father of the matrix, doesnt hate the human race and so on. I am starting to wonder who was really lost in this movie??? Definitely wasnt me or Logtar..... No offense meant to anyone just adding to the discussion.

Last edited by Hawkeye; 05-15-2003 at 12:28 PM.
post #11 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-15-2003, 12:51 PM

Upon further discussion, I agree that it wasn't Agent Smith, rather an Agent still "connected to the Matrix." Regardless, that still doesn't take away the frustration that the agent could dodge bullets, but not fists. Never did I say I wasn't confused. I admit, there were points of the movie that were confusing. If you weren't confused, please explain what the architect said. The architect never said he was a program, but one could make that assumption. He said he was the father, and one could say that the oracle was the mother.

I walked away feeling that it was no more than a 2 hour trailer for Matrix 3

post #12 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-15-2003, 01:47 PM

Then you got the movie. The main purpose of Reloaded is to tie the two movies together while providing some explanation to the stuff that was left to people's imagination or reserach. The Oracle admited that she was a program and pointed out how there are other programs that just run around trying not to be deleted... Agent Smith is not an example of that, and he is showing computer virus like behavior which I thought was pretty cool. I'm not sure what you did not understand about the Architect... there was some stuff that was supposed to be left open on that conversation and some things were made just to confuse NEO IMO.

I think that the Father is a programmer like program... you need to watch the animatrix stuff and it might give you a better idea... basically AI got too smart and took over... think of the Matrix as their acchievement and the AI creates a programmer(Program) that will build the Matrix. This program has to learn about humans and like it was sais the first matrix failed because perfection just does not exist, there is always some deviation, kind of like proving that 1 = 2.

So the Architect is basically telling Neo that he knows what is going to happen ala Oracle style and that the decision he is making is futile, but Neo achieves his goal, so what does that show... plus Neo is now showing precognotive habilities. And then on top of that there is the whole thing about Choices... that is all supposed to stay open ended to be filled in the next movie or just by your own imagination.

I thought the movie explained too much, I do not like to be spoon fed when I watch a movie, so I really liked that Architect scene because there is a lot left for you to figure out. If you ask specific questions I would be more than happy to give you my interpretation, because that is all it is... my whole take on it.

Logtar - John

Last edited by logtar; 05-15-2003 at 01:49 PM.
post #13 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-15-2003, 02:17 PM Thread Starter

Theory on dodging bullets and fist, and the architech

The agents are able to dodge bullets because they are simple, uncontrolled objects, without a mind. The reason that hand to hand combat is effective is becuase intelligence is brought into the equation. The fist is controlled by a mind, and the mind is hard to predict compared to where a bullet it going. The ability to dodge a bullet lies in the abiltity to move fast, the ability to dodge a punch/kick lies in the ability to predict what is going to happen, one thing that the humans (besides Neo) and the Agents are not able to do.

As for the architech, he is a program within the Matrix that created the Matrix. He is the one that made the rules and constraints for the Matrix, for the reality that the Human mind rests. But because he is not human, he cannot take into account all variables. The human mind is way to complex for that. "The One" as it is called is actually a self diagnostic for the Matrix itself, trying to figure out one variable at a time in which the architech can then program a control for. This one, being the sixth "One", the variable was Love. In the screens in the background during the scene, you can see the reactions of the other "Ones". Different emotions are shown, such as hate, anger and such.

As for the dance scene, with an epich of any type, there has to be a community in which we hope survives. What better way to show life than to show religion and dance? Plus it gives us something else to watch besides Neo and Trinity f*cking.

I do not think that this movie was spoon fed, I think enough people where confused with the first one, that the brothers took time in this one to explain what the Matrix is even more. What good is a movie if nobody understands it? This one answered all the questions from the first one, and if you were left with no questions after the first one, then you really didn't understand it either. Reloaded also opened the door to what is going to happen in the Revolutions. Neo might have the "Force" in real life now, remember what he did to the centinals? I'm curios as to how that happened.

My 2 cents,

Mike
post #14 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-15-2003, 02:27 PM

I still have tons of questions on the first one, I think that mike hit it right on the head. I also want to know what was that "force" act... I think there is a lot more to NEO that what we had imagined before... which is just awesome.

Logtar - John

post #15 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-16-2003, 03:10 AM
freaking newbies, man there slow, ha ha ha

Sportbike: Big Wheel
Years Riding: Since 3
How you found us: This is required?

I just saw it tonight...I was slightly disappointed. When it gets to the point where the main character is capable of anything, how is the ending anything but predictable? Maybe it'll make more sense in the 3rd movie but I felt the plot got a little lame, very creative, though.
post #16 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-16-2003, 11:53 AM
Woo Woo

Sportbike: None for now
Years Riding: 6
How you found us: friend

Send a message via AIM to ZoomByU
I saw it last night and thought it was awesome. The only thing i didnt like was those lil metals things were back on their bodies, i thought they took all those out except the one in the head in the beginning? None the less everyone should go see it right meow!!
post #17 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-16-2003, 12:33 PM

For those who have seen the new Matrix. I am a bit confused about the 2 albino brothers that can turn into ghost like shapes. What are they?? Are they part of the matrix like agents or are they bad guys like thugs gangsters? Also, what are your thoughts on whether they died or not. I dont think they did.
post #18 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-16-2003, 12:47 PM

Remember the ghosts, vampires and ufo's are just badly written programs?
post #19 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-16-2003, 12:49 PM

If you're reading so far, you've either seen the movie or already ruined it for yourself...

By the way, I'm thinking it's all going to end up taking place in an overall matrix. The reason Neo could have the extrasensory powers outside of the matrix was because they are STILL in the system. My $.02
post #20 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-16-2003, 01:05 PM

Quote:
By the way, I'm thinking it's all going to end up taking place in an overall matrix. The reason Neo could have the extrasensory powers outside of the matrix was because they are STILL in the system. My $.02

I agree and said that same theory to my friends right after the movie. I was shot down by them since that is apparently from the movie the 13th floor.

You didnt answer the question about whether they are dead or not. Just wondering what your thoughts were.
post #21 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-16-2003, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by aptyp
That makes sense, never thought of that. I started getting a little skeptical about the movie when he turned into superman outside of the matrix as well.
post #22 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-16-2003, 01:30 PM
Wannabe racer

Sportbike: KTM, GasGas, Sherco
Years Riding: Lost too many brain cells to remember
How you found us: Duh!

When did he turn into superman outside the matix? Neve once did he fly when he wasn't inside. Not that I can recall. Someone please explain this.

As for the two twins, those guys were AWESOME love the scene where he gets kicked out of the car, turns into a ghost, then reforms into the seat of the Cadi.
post #23 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-16-2003, 01:55 PM
Human lawn dart

Sportbike: 03 ninja 6r 05 ttr-230 04 klx300r
Years Riding: 12
How you found us: I know all

Send a message via AIM to rdrash
Why do I do things like this. I'm seeing it tonight but I just needed to read this thread to find out what happens.

I'm not short. I'm aerodynamically efficient.

Anti Helmet Laws Pro Darwinism
MotoGP 200 mph no roll cage
NESBA # 599
post #24 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-16-2003, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Why do I do things like this. I'm seeing it tonight but I just needed to read this thread to find out what happens
Smooth move rdrash....

Just remember, Neo is vulnerable to kryptonite. Wonder woman is fucking Robin behind Batman's back and Mickey Mouse is the one who created the Matrix in the first place. Now you are set and the whole plot is ruined. Ha ha
post #25 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-16-2003, 02:09 PM

Dude think about what Hawkeye you just said, and it actually makes sense and could be related to the movie... can he be a Oracle?

Logtar - John

post #26 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-16-2003, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by aptyp
The reason Neo could have the extrasensory powers outside of the matrix was because they are STILL in the system. My $.02
I have a friend who's theory is Neo is somehow connected to Mr. Smith - and that's why he has powers outside the Matrix.
post #27 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-16-2003, 02:43 PM
Grand Master Crash

Sportbike: none for now
Years Riding: ...classified...
How you found us: My psychic advisor told me about it

Quote:
Originally posted by lovebothkats
When did he turn into superman outside the matix? Neve once did he fly when he wasn't inside. Not that I can recall. Someone please explain this.
He never flew. But he noticed he could "feel" the Sentinels... and he was able to stop them.

As for right now, I'm buying into the "Matrix-within-a-Matrix" theory. I refuse to believe that a movie so well built on a "ya never know, it could be true" method, would stoop down to the 2nd-grade level of most all other alien and sci-fi movies, where all of a sudden, Neo has "superpowers". That's crap and that's why I can't stand sci-fi 99% of the time. Makes me think of all the geeks who stand around playing D&D. Plus, giving Neo "superpowers" is too easy. I would hope that the writers would have more respect for the viewers intelligence than that. I'm betting that there is a logical explanation for it.

Quote:
Originally posted by Hawkeye
agree and said that same theory to my friends right after the movie. I was shot down by them since that is apparently from the movie the 13th floor.
This was also done in eXistenZ. Doesn't mean it can't be done again. Shit there were some points where I swore they copied the plot out of Beverly Hills Cop. The original holder of the Keymaker reminded me of Victor Maitlin - and the Maitre'd was Serge....

The scene with the Architect lost me. He laughed when Neo suggested that the Oracle was the mother of the Matrix, so I don't think that's the case. As far as the monitors showing replays of the past 5 Neo's - I don't think that's the case either. I think the monitors represented each potential choice that Neo could make. If you'll notice, there were several moments where the camera zoomed in on one screen, and then that screen became the scene. I think that just demonstrated that it was a choice he made.

I think there's a lot to think about in this. Those that discount it right away I think are taking it too literally, and maybe missed the point. It's definitely not a movie for the "fighting and blow up stuff" crowd.

Jim Ptak
-bikeless-
post #28 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-16-2003, 02:57 PM

post #29 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-16-2003, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by OmniGLH
He never flew. But he noticed he could "feel" the Sentinels... and he was able to stop them.

As for right now, I'm buying into the "Matrix-within-a-Matrix" theory. I refuse to believe that a movie so well built on a "ya never know, it could be true" method, would stoop down to the 2nd-grade level of most all other alien and sci-fi movies, where all of a sudden, Neo has "superpowers". That's crap and that's why I can't stand sci-fi 99% of the time. Makes me think of all the geeks who stand around playing D&D. Plus, giving Neo "superpowers" is too easy. I would hope that the writers would have more respect for the viewers intelligence than that. I'm betting that there is a logical explanation for it.
That's exactly what I was trying to say, you did it a lot better Like I said, hopefully the 3rd movie will explain everything.
post #30 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-16-2003, 03:16 PM
IDK WTF TO PUT HERE NOW!

Sportbike: The GF!
Years Riding: 3,201,394
How you found us: champ91

Send a message via AIM to Lupi Send a message via MSN to Lupi Send a message via Yahoo to Lupi
Personaly theory with out even seeing it. They are in a matrix within the matrix. Else, and maybe this is answered, why would Morphius NOT know that this is the sixth incarnation of the matrix, and that Neo is not THE one, but that he is the SIXTH one.

Basically, I think that the "Human World" that is shown is basically a subroutine within the matrix, to test and evaluate the human spirit and emotions to understand us better. Make people believe that they have their freedom to fight for, throw different quirks at them, and see how they react.

Think about it, the human body also produces more energy when it is stressed, pushed and forced to work harder. In an "ideal" world, there is a lot less to push us. But create a subroutine that causes people to put themselves in a state of motion and energy, and maybe it creates more juice for the machines?

Ok was that deep enough for you all? I'll put down the crack pipe now and go back to work.

Dang another rambling thought. Neo *MIGHT* be able to have powers outside of the matrix because he is not actually out of it. Personally, I believe the prophecy of "The ONE" is correct, and that Neo is the one. But that in actuallity, Neo's destiny is NOT to break them out of the Matrix as it is known, but to break them out of the subroutines and subprograms in the intricate web of the matrix and FREE THE FIRST LIVE PERSON from the Matrix. That everyone that you see in the movie is actually jacked in, and that it is because of Neo that the Human Race regains it's independence adn Freedom from the machines, thus being able to actually FIGHT the story as it was depectid in the first film.

Thoughts?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode