does anyone shave with a straight razor? - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes
 
Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-23-2008, 08:33 PM Thread Starter
YO MAMA
 
Odysseys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: balls deep in someones mom
Posts: 60,261
Location: balls deep in someones mom
Sportbike: 2010 Electra Glide Police Edition 103cu
Years Riding: a long time!
           
does anyone shave with a straight razor?

since the age of 15 i have always had a thick beard and my facial hair currently is thicker then chuck norris.

last night i ALMOST ordered some crappy knife set off shop at home and it got me thinking about this last night. i went searching for sites and info.

6 hours later i saw it was 7am

i have found alot of info, only need to research 2 blade options of steel content. but i found tons of videos and instruction from use,care,honing with a strop and wet stoning when needed. lather, etc, etc, etc.


i am ready to do it.


the only 1 REAL question i have for someone that has done it a few times or for years is DO YOU REALLY get a better shave then EVEN WITH a saftey razor which what i have been using for years since any disposable or even mach3's i can wear it out in 1 shave!


please let me know.



Odysseys is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-23-2008, 08:47 PM
Ride Red, DO WORK SON!!
 
SmokinJohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Illinois (Joliet)
Posts: 4,666
Location: Illinois (Joliet)
Sportbike: Rockets & Harleys
Years Riding: Me love you long time
How you found us: CLSB DECAL
           
You my friend should for one not have to worry about this. Dont you just stop by the Salon and get the VIP hook up..

Pedicure, manicure, spa bath, massage, hot shave with hot towel treatment and all the trim, oops I mean trimmings and a tan to boot...

WTF.......Pimp..

***Ashwin RIP Brotha you will be missed***




www.dcdecals.net www.firespeed.com


Life's Journey Is Not To Arrive At The Grave Safely In A Well Preserved Body, But Rather To Skid In Sideways, Totally Worn Out, Shouting "HOLY SHIT... What A Ride!"

All you have to do is follow three simple rules. One, never under estimate your opponent (mentality). Expect the unexpected (could work out in your favor). Two, take it outside(or to a table). Never start anything inside the Bar unless it's absolutely necessary. And three, be nice.



Turning Shit into Sugar!!
SmokinJohn is offline  
post #3 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-23-2008, 08:56 PM
Highspeed ditch inspector
 
sqrly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Dixon, IL
Posts: 3,717
Location: Dixon, IL
Sportbike: CB-360, RST Futura, 96/97/98/99 compilation of gixxers into one trackbike.
Years Riding: Since 2000
How you found us: Member
           
Strait razors are good as long as they are sharp. Dull razor=lots of pain

Also very easy to nic your self. I have niced myself every time I have used one. 30+ times.

!!!!!!!(.)(.)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!). (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!( y )!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Garage
sqrly is offline  
post #4 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-23-2008, 09:03 PM
Teach me to Ride Please
 
Guess Who?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Missouri City, Tx
Posts: 1,855
Location: Missouri City, Tx
Sportbike: 2012 HD street glide, 2011 BMW S1000RR, 2006 CBR F4I, 2003 Honda XR50
Years Riding: Not long enough
How you found us: The voices in my head
           
Send a message via AIM to Guess Who? Send a message via MSN to Guess Who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odyssey View Post
since the age of 15 i have always had a thick beard and my facial hair currently is thicker then chuck norris.

last night i ALMOST ordered some crappy knife set off shop at home and it got me thinking about this last night. i went searching for sites and info.

6 hours later i saw it was 7am

i have found alot of info, only need to research 2 blade options of steel content. but i found tons of videos and instruction from use,care,honing with a strop and wet stoning when needed. lather, etc, etc, etc.


i am ready to do it.




the only 1 REAL question i have for someone that has done it a few times or for years is DO YOU REALLY get a better shave then EVEN WITH a saftey razor which what i have been using for years since any disposable or even mach3's i can wear it out in 1 shave!


please let me know.
Just get a little Nair. Let that sit on your face for awhile and wipe off. It will leave your face as smooth as a babies ass.
Guess Who? is offline  
post #5 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-23-2008, 09:03 PM
Ninja Kick!
 
Insomniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Schaumburg
Posts: 1,648
Location: Schaumburg
Sportbike: 09 R6 09, RS125
Years Riding: Not enough
How you found us: Spongebob
           
I was using one for a couple of months, and there is a reason they are called cut-throat razors... The shave is definitely better, but takes far more time to do. The first time I tried I made the silly mistake of trying to shave my head with it before my chin - trust someone else do your head.

Overall I like using cut-throats, but for the time it takes to shave with it, it isn't worth it.
Insomniac is offline  
post #6 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-23-2008, 09:21 PM Thread Starter
YO MAMA
 
Odysseys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: balls deep in someones mom
Posts: 60,261
Location: balls deep in someones mom
Sportbike: 2010 Electra Glide Police Edition 103cu
Years Riding: a long time!
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinJohn View Post
You my friend should for one not have to worry about this. Dont you just stop by the Salon and get the VIP hook up..

Pedicure, manicure, spa bath, massage, hot shave with hot towel treatment and all the trim, oops I mean trimmings and a tan to boot...

WTF.......Pimp..

its a salon not a barber shop, TRUST ME i wish my wife or the girls can get into that but believe it or not, you must be a licensed (barber) in order to do that.

Also i trust no man to hold any knife to my face let alone my throat, NOR any women including my wife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insomniac View Post
I was using one for a couple of months, and there is a reason they are called cut-throat razors... The shave is definitely better, but takes far more time to do. The first time I tried I made the silly mistake of trying to shave my head with it before my chin - trust someone else do your head.

Overall I like using cut-throats, but for the time it takes to shave with it, it isn't worth it.
thanks for the advise so far guys



Odysseys is offline  
post #7 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-23-2008, 09:27 PM
Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
 
SmartDrug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Bartlett
Posts: 11,409
Location: Bartlett
Sportbike: 955i Speed Triple, 100AE Road King, AP1 Honda S2000
Years Riding: 1/3rd of my life.
How you found us: Cave Johnson
           
Nothing to contribute but bump for something I've been curious about as well.

Brian
NESBA #22
الكافرة مع بندقية سوداء
Si vis pacem parabellum

Quote:
Yeah, I quit doing blow, not being rad!
SmartDrug is offline  
post #8 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-23-2008, 09:36 PM
Highspeed ditch inspector
 
sqrly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Dixon, IL
Posts: 3,717
Location: Dixon, IL
Sportbike: CB-360, RST Futura, 96/97/98/99 compilation of gixxers into one trackbike.
Years Riding: Since 2000
How you found us: Member
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odyssey View Post
its a salon not a barber shop, TRUST ME i wish my wife or the girls can get into that but believe it or not, you must be a licensed (barber) in order to do that.

Also i trust no man to hold any knife to my face let alone my throat, NOR any women including my wife



thanks for the advise so far guys
I have gone to numerous old time barbors and none of them would give me a shave. Insurance issues have stoped them from offering that service.

!!!!!!!(.)(.)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!). (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!( y )!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Garage
sqrly is offline  
post #9 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-23-2008, 09:40 PM
Armed law abiding citizen
 
Dave13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Middleburg, Florida
Posts: 19,055
Location: Middleburg, Florida
Sportbike: '74 Yamaha RD350
Years Riding: idk
How you found us: Google
           
My local barber shop charges $35 for a shave because of insurance.
Dave13 is offline  
post #10 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-23-2008, 09:42 PM
Highspeed ditch inspector
 
sqrly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Dixon, IL
Posts: 3,717
Location: Dixon, IL
Sportbike: CB-360, RST Futura, 96/97/98/99 compilation of gixxers into one trackbike.
Years Riding: Since 2000
How you found us: Member
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave13 View Post
My local barber shop charges $35 for a shave because of insurance.
Where is your barber? I can't find one anywhere that still does it.

!!!!!!!(.)(.)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!). (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!( y )!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Garage
sqrly is offline  
post #11 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-23-2008, 09:43 PM
Armed law abiding citizen
 
Dave13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Middleburg, Florida
Posts: 19,055
Location: Middleburg, Florida
Sportbike: '74 Yamaha RD350
Years Riding: idk
How you found us: Google
           
PM sent.
Dave13 is offline  
post #12 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-23-2008, 09:46 PM
U-P-G-R-A-Y-E-D-D
 
FiReBReTHa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Aurora, IL
Posts: 11,172
Location: Aurora, IL
Sportbike: 04 GSXR6
Years Riding: 2
How you found us: I thought it was a line for muffins
           
Send a message via AIM to FiReBReTHa
pimp factor is high. especially if you carry it in your boot.



But I now use Gilette fusion


Im hooked on it for the closest shave because it has those safeties on top and bottom to make it even as possible across your face.

www.firespeedtactical.com
Trial By Fire.
Like our page!
http://www.facebook.com/firespeedtactical

Quote:
"I'm spooning a barrett 50 cal. I could kill a building."
-Archer
FiReBReTHa is offline  
post #13 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-23-2008, 09:49 PM
bwa
Boom
 
bwa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Kalispell, MT
Posts: 13,320
Location: Kalispell, MT
Sportbike: None :(
Years Riding: not long enough
How you found us: Crazeinc
           
I got a haircut and a shave with a straight razor at an old school corner barber in Naperville on Washington Street, block north of the YMCA about a year and a half ago for like $30. Greatest freaking experience ever. Hot towel, the works.
bwa is offline  
post #14 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-23-2008, 09:54 PM Thread Starter
YO MAMA
 
Odysseys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: balls deep in someones mom
Posts: 60,261
Location: balls deep in someones mom
Sportbike: 2010 Electra Glide Police Edition 103cu
Years Riding: a long time!
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwa View Post
I got a haircut and a shave with a straight razor at an old school corner barber in Naperville on Washington Street, block north of the YMCA about a year and a half ago for like $30. Greatest freaking experience ever. Hot towel, the works.
ahh hot towel. you know i HATE shaving, and dont get me wrong we all know how to shave to some degree. but i learned some new stuff last night that i never knew and now i am gonna go buy some stuff tomorrow for the next time i shave with my old safety razor that will help since i have sensitive facial skin.

i am almost excited to shave now and hope what i found out will help make me do it more often and enjoy it.

i would need to shave almost every 12 hours to keep
shadow stubs from coming back.

nothing worse in life then having your women cant even stand your face on there skin even 12 hours after a shave cause it irritates the hell out of there skin



Odysseys is offline  
post #15 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-23-2008, 10:00 PM
im the greek guy
 
Pete The Greek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Earth
Posts: 2,408
Location: Earth
Sportbike: Currently taking a break
Years Riding: not long enough
How you found us: the monkey made me do it
           
Send a message via AIM to Pete The Greek
fusion FTW!!!

sometimes you need to run before you can walk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drama View Post
CLSB, where you find the truth about fat girls and blow jobs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
When I got mine it died quickly from playing with it all day, after a while I can make it last the whole day.
Pete The Greek is offline  
post #16 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-23-2008, 10:03 PM
Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
 
SmartDrug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Bartlett
Posts: 11,409
Location: Bartlett
Sportbike: 955i Speed Triple, 100AE Road King, AP1 Honda S2000
Years Riding: 1/3rd of my life.
How you found us: Cave Johnson
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odyssey View Post
i would need to shave almost every 12 hours to keep
shadow stubs from coming back.

nothing worse in life then having your women cant even stand your face on there skin even 12 hours after a shave cause it irritates the hell out of there skin


The hair on my upper lip is the same way, it's a real bitch and it makes me look like a guy in a mariachi band when I wake up in the morning.

Post up links to these helpful tips you've found if you can, I'd be interested to read them.

Brian
NESBA #22
الكافرة مع بندقية سوداء
Si vis pacem parabellum

Quote:
Yeah, I quit doing blow, not being rad!
SmartDrug is offline  
post #17 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-23-2008, 10:30 PM
G2G
Registered User
 
G2G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 14,287
Location: Chicago
Sportbike: It changes everyday
Years Riding: since 1991
How you found us: Ur mom
           
It is not worth it and it will take alot of time to get it mastered. You will know when somewone has mastered staight razor shaving when they use a vackhand shave stroke. If I where you I would just play it safe and continue using your bic razors.
G2G is offline  
post #18 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-23-2008, 10:32 PM Thread Starter
YO MAMA
 
Odysseys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: balls deep in someones mom
Posts: 60,261
Location: balls deep in someones mom
Sportbike: 2010 Electra Glide Police Edition 103cu
Years Riding: a long time!
           
when i get some time ill go through some of the you tube videos and post the videos for you guys to watch, which to me while some goofy there is tips and technics to be learned most of all watch.

ill sift through them at some point and post up the most informational ones, so it doesn't take you hours of sifting through stuff.


but some of the stuff i learned i think will help anyone get a better shave are these things i learned. some are known but i thought i would just list them all in the order i found it needs to be done in.

we are shaving ourself in a wham bam thank you mam lets get it over with. be it a normal razor to most of all a straight razor. take your time.

open up your pores with hot water and softening the hair. like after a shower, hot water wash repeatedly scrubbing up and down with hot water on your face.

a shaving oil to aid the glide of the razor which helps minimize irritation and also gives a better shave.

then add

a watery shaving lather and keep it wet, apply as needed around all, re apply to areas that got dry. just cause you have lather doesn't mean you'll have a nice guide.

shaving pressure doesn't need to be hard, let the weight of a good razor do the work instead if pushing down hard like most of us do.

unlike a straight razor, keep washing out with HOT water any hair in your razor from your short strokes you have been making.

1st complete shave should follow the downward following the growth of your hair pattern like most of us have cowlick's on our throats. follow it best you can.


repeat lather to whole face for the 2nd and more closer shave. this time go against the the growth pattern or even cross ways from it.

when done cold rinse to close the pores, and use a after shave lotion or wash that does kill any bacterial you took off from dead skin, cleans any rash or nicks and most of all soothes the skin far better then if you just did a cold rinse.

maintaining a SHARP razor in any form is the best result for a smooth, easy and less irritating shave.





now to be honest i have never done all that crap, and i sure as shit haven't used after shave in over 15 years cause it fucken burns! (which is why they have alcohol in most after shaves which is to disinfect)

well thats what i found out best to suggest to others. don't know if your doing it all that way, but i know i wasn't since i am one of those WAM BAM shaver kinda guys cause i hate it.




Last edited by Odysseys; 03-23-2008 at 10:35 PM.
Odysseys is offline  
post #19 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-23-2008, 10:35 PM
G2G
Registered User
 
G2G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 14,287
Location: Chicago
Sportbike: It changes everyday
Years Riding: since 1991
How you found us: Ur mom
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odyssey View Post
Also i trust no man to hold any knife to my face let alone my throat, NOR any women including my wife


How about an x wife LOL My X is a babrber and straight razors me every 2 weeks
G2G is offline  
post #20 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-23-2008, 10:36 PM
Failed rehab
 
Rob, Esq.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Indy
Posts: 14,908
Location: Indy
Sportbike: Striple
Years Riding: Dunno, awhile?
How you found us: DML
           
Send a message via AIM to Rob, Esq. Send a message via MSN to Rob, Esq.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odyssey View Post
when i get some time ill go through some of the you tube videos and post the videos for you guys to watch, which to me while some goofy there is tips and technics to be learned most of all watch.

ill sift through them at some point and post up the most informational ones, so it doesn't take you hours of sifting through stuff.


but some of the stuff i learned i think will help anyone get a better shave are these things i learned. some are known but i thought i would just list them all in the order i found it needs to be done in.

we are shaving ourself in a wham bam thank you mam lets get it over with. be it a normal razor to most of all a straight razor. take your time.

open up your pores with hot water and softening the hair. like after a shower, hot water wash repeatedly scrubbing up and down with hot water on your face.

a shaving oil to aid the glide of the razor which helps minimize irritation and also gives a better shave.

then add

a watery shaving lather and keep it wet, apply as needed around all, re apply to areas that got dry. just cause you have lather doesn't mean you'll have a nice guide.

shaving pressure doesn't need to be hard, let the weight of a good razor do the work instead if pushing down hard like most of us do.

unlike a straight razor, keep washing out with HOT water any hair in your razor from your short strokes you have been making.

1st complete shave should follow the downward following the growth of your hair pattern like most of us have cowlick's on our throats. follow it best you can.


repeat lather to whole face for the 2nd and more closer shave. this time go against the the growth pattern.

when done cold rinse to close the pores, and use a after shave lotion or wash that does kill any bacterial you took off from dead skin, cleans any rash or nicks and most of all soothes the skin far better then if you just did a cold rinse.

maintaining a SHARP razor in any form is the best result for a smooth, easy and less irritating shave.





now to be honest i have never done all that crap, and i sure as shit haven't used after shave in over 15 years cause it fucken burns! (which is why they have alcohol in most after shaves which is to disinfect)

well thats what i found out best to suggest to others. don't know if your doing it all that way, but i know i wasn't since i am one of those WAM BAM shaver kinda guys cause i hate it.
Another tip I picked up is to keep your safety razor in rubbing alcohol between shaves. First, it keeps the blade disinfected. second, it prevents oxidization/corrosion that dulls the blade.

Attorney-at-Law: Doing my part to contribute to the downfall of western society.
Rob, Esq. is offline  
post #21 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-23-2008, 10:37 PM Thread Starter
YO MAMA
 
Odysseys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: balls deep in someones mom
Posts: 60,261
Location: balls deep in someones mom
Sportbike: 2010 Electra Glide Police Edition 103cu
Years Riding: a long time!
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by G2G View Post
How about an x wife LOL My X is a babrber and straight razors me every 2 weeks
fuck no, but then again i know you like punishment



Odysseys is offline  
post #22 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-23-2008, 10:41 PM Thread Starter
YO MAMA
 
Odysseys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: balls deep in someones mom
Posts: 60,261
Location: balls deep in someones mom
Sportbike: 2010 Electra Glide Police Edition 103cu
Years Riding: a long time!
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
Another tip I picked up is to keep your safety razor in rubbing alcohol between shaves. First, it keeps the blade disinfected. second, it prevents oxidization/corrosion that dulls the blade.
i feel like a fucken pig ill be honest through the years of using my gold plated safety razor needless to say it has tons of soap build up even after finish rinsing and dry off.

i like your idea, i am gonna have my wife get me one of those barber jars and some barbercide to keep it in when not use or ill ask her since he has been using that stuff for years for use or cleaning it after.



Odysseys is offline  
post #23 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-23-2008, 10:58 PM
Administrator
 
HDTony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Plainfield IL
Posts: 45,956
Location: Plainfield IL
Sportbike: A couple of pasta rockets
Years Riding: Since 1989
How you found us: In the beginning there was CLSB and Tony saw that it was good.
           
Send a message via AIM to HDTony
Gillete mach 3 turbo FTW. the vibrating feature makes the shave feel much better. I buy value packs of blades at costco.



Plus the straight razor is hard on my balls.




HDTony.... Damn glad to meet you!

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.

- Ronald Reagan

AirTek Heating & Air inc.
HDTony is offline  
post #24 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-23-2008, 11:21 PM
G2G
Registered User
 
G2G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 14,287
Location: Chicago
Sportbike: It changes everyday
Years Riding: since 1991
How you found us: Ur mom
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiReBReTHa View Post
pimp factor is high. especially if you carry it in your boot.



But I now use Gilette fusion


Im hooked on it for the closest shave because it has those safeties on top and bottom to make it even as possible across your face.

I just bought this 5 min ago since I went to the store for groceries. It better be good or else i am kicking your ass. LOL I bought the battery version though
G2G is offline  
post #25 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-23-2008, 11:35 PM
yo quiero su taco
 
whiteSeatEnvy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Woodridge
Posts: 12,745
Location: Woodridge
Sportbike: Honda CBR 954 blk/slvr
Years Riding: 10 years
How you found us: They found me. Follow the white rabbit.
           
Well, I guess it depends on which hair needs a trimmin.

Straight edge - good for the face, bad for the jock.

As far as your legs are concerned Ken, I'd stick with that Gillette Venus Embrace for Women shaver you're currently using.

"includes 10 used-car dealers or auto repair shops, 11 liquor stores and bars--two of which advertise lingerie fashion shows and a third billed as a "gentlemen's club"--three cut-rate motels and one trailer park. The squat, brick municipal building is next to a currency exchange and a few steps from an adult video store. The bars open at 10 a.m. and close at 6:30 a.m."

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
Something must be fishy...I am going to go poke around in the back end..
whiteSeatEnvy is offline  
post #26 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-23-2008, 11:38 PM
Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
 
SmartDrug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Bartlett
Posts: 11,409
Location: Bartlett
Sportbike: 955i Speed Triple, 100AE Road King, AP1 Honda S2000
Years Riding: 1/3rd of my life.
How you found us: Cave Johnson
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by G2G View Post
I just bought this 5 min ago since I went to the store for groceries. It better be good or else i am kicking your ass. LOL I bought the battery version though
It's what I use(not the vibrating one though), I love it.

Brian
NESBA #22
الكافرة مع بندقية سوداء
Si vis pacem parabellum

Quote:
Yeah, I quit doing blow, not being rad!
SmartDrug is offline  
post #27 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-23-2008, 11:42 PM
yo quiero su taco
 
whiteSeatEnvy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Woodridge
Posts: 12,745
Location: Woodridge
Sportbike: Honda CBR 954 blk/slvr
Years Riding: 10 years
How you found us: They found me. Follow the white rabbit.
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDTony View Post
Plus the straight razor is hard on my balls.
beat me to it

"includes 10 used-car dealers or auto repair shops, 11 liquor stores and bars--two of which advertise lingerie fashion shows and a third billed as a "gentlemen's club"--three cut-rate motels and one trailer park. The squat, brick municipal building is next to a currency exchange and a few steps from an adult video store. The bars open at 10 a.m. and close at 6:30 a.m."

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
Something must be fishy...I am going to go poke around in the back end..
whiteSeatEnvy is offline  
post #28 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-24-2008, 12:00 AM
Every motor needs a turbo
 
LsilverR1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Palos Heights, IL
Posts: 3,278
Location: Palos Heights, IL
Sportbike: Had a Liquid Silver R1
Years Riding: longer than paved roads were common
How you found us: fellow rider
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odyssey View Post
does anyone shave with a straight razor?
my dad



i wish i could shave smooth have with any type of razor. i cant use an electric razor to shave close either. my facial skin is way too sensative. i havent close shaved in over a year.

LsilverR1 is offline  
post #29 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-24-2008, 12:13 AM
Irony helps us play!
 
Arch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: N'ville
Posts: 29,508
Location: N'ville
Sportbike: 2000 F4
Years Riding: Long enough to know better
How you found us: some hot MILF whispered it in my ear
           
Dude, you are over-thinking a commodity based chore.

Everyone Exaggerates

We're being taken for a ride... agaaaaaaain.....


Best Auto/Moto Insurance | Motorcycle Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Arch is offline  
post #30 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-24-2008, 12:20 AM Thread Starter
YO MAMA
 
Odysseys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: balls deep in someones mom
Posts: 60,261
Location: balls deep in someones mom
Sportbike: 2010 Electra Glide Police Edition 103cu
Years Riding: a long time!
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch View Post
Dude, you are over-thinking a commodity based chore.
i am looking for a luxury shave that will also change my habits and fill my needs regaurdless of what type of razor it is.



Odysseys is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome