So angry... - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-24-2003, 07:11 PM Thread Starter

So angry...

This just makes me so absolutely disappointed... I bought a bunch of things from the Shaumburg Honda/Suzuki store. One of the gloves started to come apart right away. Literally had them a little bit over a month and the velcro on the wrists is mostly ripped off (quality is not the point). After blowing several hundred bucks at the store, I figure they seem like good guys and will take care of me, I'll just ride in.

So I get there and show the gloves to the service guy and I ask him for help. I tell him that I don't know where to find the receipt and he's says something like "I know you bought them here a short while ago but I can't help without the receipt." Holy crap! How friggin hard is it to give me a new pair and send this one to the manufacturer for repairs? They will send back new pair in two weeks!!

All stores are clones of each other (stock wise) the only thing that sets them apart is the staff. I judge service now by how the staff acts when I'm buying, but when I have trouble with what I bought. Buying from the local guy is an investment for times when I have trouble, I could find a better price on the internet for ANYTHING. If they can't help me after I put good money into their establishment, forgetaboutit!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-24-2003, 09:38 PM

Sportbike: yz250f
Years Riding: 25 years
How you found us: dont recall

Re: So angry...

Quote:
Originally posted by aptyp

All stores are clones of each other (stock wise) the only thing that sets them apart is the staff.
Good point

deal with the people that support this site

Mike

When the tailgate drops..the bullshit stops
Hunt ethically - Hunt with a trained Retriever !
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-24-2003, 09:38 PM
bwa
Boom

Sportbike: None :(
Years Riding: not long enough
How you found us: Crazeinc

That sucks bro. I am the same way about judging the service. Well, look at it this way. When you're gonna be making a bigger purchase, you'll know not to go there.
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-25-2003, 12:27 PM Thread Starter

Absofriggin lutely! spdracer007 has been telling me about shaumburg yamaha and I have met Dan before, very nice guy, but I figure, I've got me a suzuki, I'll go to suzuki...
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-25-2003, 09:22 PM

Nothing but good experiences with Woodfield Yamaha/Kawasaki, as for a good Suzuki dealer---good luck--let me know if you find one.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-27-2003, 01:31 PM

Sorry that it happened....... but I never had any trouble there. I had my bike in for service, always on time when they said if not sooner. I bought my "toys" there, not complaining either.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-27-2003, 02:03 PM Thread Starter

I never had trouble with service either. But then again buying things/service is the easy part.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-27-2003, 02:44 PM
K.I.S.S

Sportbike: CBR600RR & H-D Softail Custom
Years Riding: almost as long as it took to fill this out
How you found us: through a miracle

Send a message via AIM to MikeD
speaking of gloves.

i had a new pair of gloves i got from DGY 2 years ago. about a week later (from the time i bought them) the fingers started to split. so i took them back adn they would not exchange them, they said they had to go back to the manufacture to get repaird and they would send the gloves back (or a new pair). but i could not have another pair off the shelf unless i wanted to pay for them.

Willard: When I was home after my first tour, it was worse. I'd wake up and there'd be nothing. I hardly said a word to my wife, until I said "yes" to a divorce. When I was here, I wanted to be there; when I was there, all I could think of was getting back into the jungle.

Last edited by MikeD; 05-27-2003 at 03:51 PM.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-27-2003, 03:13 PM

Sportbike: 2000 Hayabusa Blue & Silver! Mods-> Oh yeah!
Years Riding: Oh just a couple or so....
How you found us: Old SBN days.......

i fieldsheer mesh jacket from Dan at woodfield and a year later the velcro side strap comes apart from the jacket at the threads! I took it back knowing its a year already calender wise and they gave me a new jacket right on the spot!

Great customer service is easy to say but very difficult to find and i can honestly say i found it! Thanks Guys!

<--Kelly

2000 Hayabusa
2006 Honda CRF50

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode