Yet another WTF are people thinking thread - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-25-2008, 04:34 PM Thread Starter
C2M
ǝɹoɯʎuɐ ʞɔnɟ ɐ sǝʌıƃ oɥʍ

Sportbike: 636/ zzr600/ r6
Years Riding: Since 07
How you found us: bathroom stall

Yet another WTF are people thinking thread

This shit amazes me day in and day out.
Just nasty and I feel capital punishment is inline here

GALVESTON, Texas A young father was convicted Tuesday of badly injuring his infant daughter by putting her in a microwave, with jurors rejecting his claim that he was insane at the time.

Jurors deliberated about four hours before finding 20-year-old Joshua Mauldin guilty of felony injury to a child.

After the verdict, jurors began hearing testimony in the punishment phase of the trial. Mauldin faces anything from probation to life in prison.

Mauldin pleaded not guilty by reason of insanity, saying he was having a psychotic episode when he put his then 2-month-old daughter, Ana, in a hotel microwave for 10 to 20 seconds last May while her mother and grandmother were away.

Prosecutors and Mauldin's defense attorney, Sam Cammack III, had no immediate comment after the verdict.

Mauldin sat emotionless as his daughter's foster mother detailed in penalty phase testimony how Ana's wounds still need to be cleaned every day and how she screams during the painful process.

The witness, Heather Croxton, said she hopes to adopt Ana, who is now 1 year old. Another trial scheduled for next month will seek to terminate the parental rights of Joshua and Eva Mauldin, who lives in Arkansas. Croxton's husband is a step-cousin of Eva Mauldin.

Croxton said Ana will need more operations to remove scar tissue and reconstruct her left ear, but she said she is more worried about the day Ana finds out what happened to her.

"I can only imagine how (she) would feel, knowing that the man that was supposed to take care of her did this to her," Croxton said as she cried. "As far as telling her the truth ... I don't see how we cannot tell her. She's going to want to know how she got those scars."

Cammack told jurors during closing arguments Monday that mental illness was probably the only explanation for his client's actions.

"Joshua Mauldin has been somebody with mental illness from the time he was 10 years old until the time this offense was committed," he said.

But prosecutors countered that Mauldin was driven by anger that he was in a loveless marriage and was stuck in a new town with a baby he didn't want to care for.

"All (Mauldin) has done is try to wrap himself in some psychiatric flag and say, 'I did it and I was crazy,'" Galveston County prosecutor Xochitl Vandiver told jurors. "That's what he's trying to pull on you all. Don't fall for it, because it is a lie."

Officials say Ana suffered second- and third-degree burns to her left ear, cheek, hand and shoulder and needed skin grafts. Before putting her in the microwave, Mauldin had punched the baby and put her in the hotel room safe and refrigerator.

At the time, Mauldin had just moved to Galveston, about 50 miles southeast of Houston, from Warren, Ark., to become a preacher.

"He knowingly hurt that baby because he was angry with her," Vandiver said.

Cammack said Mauldin was a loving father who tried to run into traffic and kill himself after realizing what had happened.

But Vandiver said that Mauldin has a history of lying, including about being mentally ill, to get out of trouble. He initially claimed his daughter was severely sunburned.

The state defines not guilty by reason of insanity as having a severe mental illness that prevents someone who is committing a crime from knowing that it is wrong.

go time traveler style and go back in time, fuck his grandma, then shoot forward in time and then fuck his mom. Then return back to present state and call him a the product of two incest whores and hes your son and show video of you plowing the both members of his family. .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-25-2008, 05:29 PM
Liz

Sportbike: 07 R6, 07 TTR-125LE, Chevy Colorado
Years Riding: 5 yrs
How you found us: Asschaps

wow!!!!!!!! i cant believe they even have probation as an option!!!! That is just horrible!!!
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-25-2008, 05:31 PM
Pathological Thrill Seekr

Sportbike: Trek Marlin
Years Riding: Noob
How you found us: Followed the fast guys

Send a message via AIM to Deuces
Some people are definately f'd up

Ride smart... stupid hurts.

Everyone crashes. Some get back on. Some don't. Some can't...

Godspeed 788!!! We miss you!
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-25-2008, 05:36 PM
bwa
Boom

Sportbike: None :(
Years Riding: not long enough
How you found us: Crazeinc

Sick motherfucker...
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-25-2008, 06:21 PM
The Corn Contingency

Sportbike: 954
Years Riding: long enough to know better!
How you found us: Ernie

I've got three options for him!!!

It all goes back together the way it came apart...unless it came apart at redline!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-25-2008, 06:42 PM
Former Chicagoian

Sportbike: 950 Super Enduro / FZ6 / 640 ADV
Years Riding: Never enough!
How you found us: SBN

What a scumb bag...that's horrible.

A superior rider uses superior judgment to avoid situations that require superior skill.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-25-2008, 07:16 PM
PPF Installer

Sportbike: 01 GSXR 600
Years Riding: 5
How you found us: post on gixxer.com

since this is a WTF are people thinking thread I thought I would add this. Could not believe it when I read this one this morning in the Daily Hearld.

Quote:
An arrest Sunday resulting in drunken driving charges could land a 53-year-old Hanover Park man up to 30 years in prison.

That's because Steve Frost -- whose driver's license has been revoked since 1978, according to authorities -- has six prior DUI convictions.

Frost, of 6754 Pinetree St., was charged with aggravated DUI and aggravated driving with a revoked license. Both are felonies.

Monday, a judge ordered Frost held on $250,000 at a bond hearing. He must post 10 percent to be released.

Authorities said Frost was traveling 10 mph below the 40-mph speed limit when his vehicle was seen drifting into oncoming traffic about 1 p.m. Sunday near Barrington Road and Maple Avenue in Hanover Park.

Prosecutors said police detected a strong odor of alcohol after pulling over Frost, who admitted to having a beer. He subsequently failed field sobriety tests and was determined to have a blood alcohol level of .155, nearly twice the legal limit, authorities said.

Frost's driver's license expired in 1980, two years after it was first revoked, said Beth Kaufman, spokeswoman for secretary of state's office.

A hearing on whether to reinstate his license had been scheduled for April 25, Kaufman said.

Frost will not be eligible for probation if he is convicted, meaning he would face prison time, prosecutors said. He would face six to 30 years in prison if convicted.

Court records show Frost spent 50 days in jail and was sentenced to 24 months' probation after he pleaded guilty of aggravated DUI in 1995. Where and when his prior DUI arrests were was not immediately clear.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-25-2008, 07:50 PM

Sportbike: 03 honda f4i,03 z1000
Years Riding: 9 years
How you found us: cerkmx

i say hang him.... and hope it doesn't break his neck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimm View Post
Nothing compared to the Toyota Tundra, huh??

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode