Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

Help with buying boots

513 views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  suh-c 
#1 ·
I need help on deciding what boots I should get, or if i should get any at all.... the few times i've been out i've been wearing my dc shoes..... I like the cute looking bombshells and i tried a pair when i got my paperwork at chicago cycle and they were very comfortable, didn't think they were... but i don't think that would be a good pair of boots for a beginner... so need help...

#2 ·
I bought the icon bombshell boots. They were fine for walking around in but for riding...horrible in my opinion. The heel and sole was so thick that I had a hard time feeling the brake and shifting was harder for me. I always felt like I was losing my footing. I ended up selling them on ebay after a couple weeks.

I am still on the search for a something to wear while riding that is as comfortable as wearing gym shoes...havent found anything yet.

#4 ·
Try newenough.com. Newenough. Tell em Greg sent ya.

Newenough's #1 pimp!

I think they have Oxtar closeouts.

If your looking for a good safe track style boot, check the Nesba site. They are clearing out old Alpinestars boots and may have some Oxtar as well.

#5 ·
Don't buy the bomshell boots! I wore them last year for a couple months. One night, I stopped on a red light, lost my footing because the soles have no traction, dropped the bike on my foot (a Ninja 250) and broke two bones in my foot, because the boots have no toe protection. Yes, they are hot looking, but definitely not enough protection for a sportbike rider.

I bought Sidi Jasmine, and even though they are not the most attractive, they are comfortable to ride in and to walk in.

Listen to everyone on this board that says that gear is supposed to protect, not necessarily look great! I'm still learning that...

#9 ·
I need to buy my wife a pair of boots as well..
I know the needs of women are a bit different than men (ie.. I would imagine some boots that may be great for men, not so for women.. right?)
I was thinking about Sidi or maybe some of those Oxtar closeout boots.. bang for the buck the oxtar closeouts cant be beat (i think I got my pair (which i havent even ridden yet) for like 125$ -- off 300+ retail)

#12 ·
you actually went hiking in your riding boots Rick??? Wow. I have a pair of the oxtars that were/are on closeout. I'd like to warn you now that track style boots are extremely stiff until you break em in. I am still trying to break mine in after hours of walking around in them as well as a few rides. I have missed many a shift as well. Don't get me wrong I love them because they are really supportive but I'm thinking bout getting a more streetable pair soon for comfort sake.

#13 ·
It was not that bad....the boots are a couple of seasons old...had to be really careful coming down, loose gravel and dark :laughing: Then the ride back to Moab was interesting too....middle of nowhere, tight, winding road marked 25, I'm doing 60...then Jammin passes me, then Gasguzzler:eek And I like a fool, keep up:laughing: Pitch black, no moon, unfamiliar road, doing 3 times the limit:rolleyes

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.