flat tires dont you hate it? - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-03-2008, 02:19 PM Thread Starter
K.I.S.S

Sportbike: CBR600RR & H-D Softail Custom
Years Riding: almost as long as it took to fill this out
How you found us: through a miracle

Send a message via AIM to MikeD
flat tires dont you hate it?

so my wife pulls out of the garage this morning and someone was waiting in there car behind her apparently they wanted to park in my driveway all day. they apparently dont know the neighbor hood very well, so i took the bike out for a spin and when i came back he was on 3 flat tires. thats a shame for a lexas suv, i was in the process of calling the police to come ticket the guy but i saw him outside looking at his car and told him not to park there and to move it.

i know city parking is at a premium but my drive way is not public parking.

Willard: When I was home after my first tour, it was worse. I'd wake up and there'd be nothing. I hardly said a word to my wife, until I said "yes" to a divorce. When I was here, I wanted to be there; when I was there, all I could think of was getting back into the jungle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-03-2008, 02:22 PM

Sportbike: 01 Giggy 7fidday
Years Riding: been riding your mom for years
How you found us: The hobo on lower wacker sold me the link.

the air was just leaked out correct? no damamge was done?

Dgrsuspension.com

~ High Performance Coilovers

Silentedition.com
Quote:
Watching the Cubs lose is the opposite of appreciating a fine wine ó itís like watching a car accident in progress. Itís horrifying, yet gruesomely riveting, and you canít help but watch and sympathize with the poor souls inside.
Quote:
Originally Posted by burntash View Post
coming to CLSB for relationship advice is like asking fat people in mcdonalds about nutrition.
post #3 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-03-2008, 03:26 PM
C2M
ǝɹoɯʎuɐ ʞɔnɟ ɐ sǝʌıƃ oɥʍ

Sportbike: 636/ zzr600/ r6
Years Riding: Since 07
How you found us: bathroom stall

LOL I have the stem puller for future use if you need it. cost them alittle more to fix then 50 cents

go time traveler style and go back in time, fuck his grandma, then shoot forward in time and then fuck his mom. Then return back to present state and call him a the product of two incest whores and hes your son and show video of you plowing the both members of his family. .
post #4 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-03-2008, 03:31 PM

Sportbike: 05 CBR600RR
Years Riding: 1 year
How you found us: CBR Forum

Send a message via AIM to AgentofDarkness
Quote:
Originally Posted by code2medic View Post
LOL I have the stem puller for future use if you need it. cost them alittle more to fix then 50 cents
I have one of those too, ~$3.00 at AutoZone. You don't really do any actual damage, but that person is screwed since you have get new cores and then fill all the tires. You could even put the cores in a baggie and tape it to the windshield with a note. That would be pretty funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch View Post
In motorcycle terms, that's like taking your Ducati to a dealer for service, and they hand you back a 1979 backfiring Honda 400 Hawk.. because after all, a bike is a bike.
post #5 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-03-2008, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentofDarkness View Post
You could even put the cores in a baggie and tape it to the windshield with a note. That would be pretty funny.

That would be classic and would require a picture for personal use.
post #6 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-03-2008, 03:38 PM
Si Vis Pacem Parabellum

Sportbike: 955i Speed Triple, 100AE Road King, AP1 Honda S2000
Years Riding: 1/3rd of my life.
How you found us: Cave Johnson

The guy already had 3 flat tires and you needed him to move out of your driveway that instant because it was private property? Seems like a dick move on your part, maybe I missed something though. Wasn't the guy probably waiting for a tow or something?

Brian
NESBA #22
الكافرة مع بندقية سوداء
Si vis pacem parabellum

Quote:
Yeah, I quit doing blow, not being rad!
post #7 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-03-2008, 03:41 PM
B.O.B

Sportbike: 'nana.
Years Riding: Look at my join date, ruh-tard.
How you found us: SBN?

Send a message via AIM to EndlessRR
Quote:
Originally Posted by GPz1100 View Post
Wait, so someone's waiting to park in YOUR private driveway? You don't know this person(s), and they don't know you, yet they feel they have the right to park on your private property? That's some nerve!
I get this all the time. I live right across from a sinogogue (sp) and when the parking lot is full, some people park on the street, while others feel it's ok to park in my driveway. I do the next best thing and park my car in front of the driveway, blocking them. I have no choice, though, since the streeet is usually filled during these times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G2G
No one says you have to get drunk everytime you drink.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoodles
Isn't that like having sex and not finishing though?
post #8 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-03-2008, 03:58 PM

Sportbike: 01 Giggy 7fidday
Years Riding: been riding your mom for years
How you found us: The hobo on lower wacker sold me the link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartDrug View Post
The guy already had 3 flat tires and you needed him to move out of your driveway that instant because it was private property? Seems like a dick move on your part, maybe I missed something though. Wasn't the guy probably waiting for a tow or something?
he never mentioned a tow truck. The flat tires was just a...hint of how the homeowner made the person aware that parking on their personal property is not right. Im sorry but if somebody blocked my driveway and I couldnt leave becasue you want to park there you better beleive I will let him know.

Dgrsuspension.com

~ High Performance Coilovers

Silentedition.com
Quote:
Watching the Cubs lose is the opposite of appreciating a fine wine ó itís like watching a car accident in progress. Itís horrifying, yet gruesomely riveting, and you canít help but watch and sympathize with the poor souls inside.
Quote:
Originally Posted by burntash View Post
coming to CLSB for relationship advice is like asking fat people in mcdonalds about nutrition.
post #9 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-03-2008, 04:00 PM
C2M
ǝɹoɯʎuɐ ʞɔnɟ ɐ sǝʌıƃ oɥʍ

Oh man i would love to have a driveway that someone parks in.

I would park behind them blocking them in and then parking the doogie right in front of the driver side door to gaurd it forcing them to call the police on themselves

go time traveler style and go back in time, fuck his grandma, then shoot forward in time and then fuck his mom. Then return back to present state and call him a the product of two incest whores and hes your son and show video of you plowing the both members of his family. .
post #10 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-03-2008, 04:08 PM
Si Vis Pacem Parabellum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silentalero View Post
he never mentioned a tow truck. The flat tires was just a...hint of how the homeowner made the person aware that parking on their personal property is not right. Im sorry but if somebody blocked my driveway and I couldnt leave becasue you want to park there you better beleive I will let him know.
I get the gist of what you all are saying and I'd be pissed too, I'm just saying that he might have pulled into the drive to get off the public roadway while he waited for a tow (assuming the flat tires were a preexisting condition). I also find it strange that "someone" would have slashed his tires for parking in a driveway that didn't belong to that "someone".

Now it's the time of the day where someone calls me a yuppie suburbanite and that I don't know the plight of the cityfolk.

Brian
NESBA #22
الكافرة مع بندقية سوداء
Si vis pacem parabellum

Quote:
post #11 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-03-2008, 04:12 PM
C2M
ǝɹoɯʎuɐ ʞɔnɟ ɐ sǝʌıƃ oɥʍ

Smart i think you missed what he is indirecting admitting to doing when he took the bike out for a spin. Second of all you have three flats you dont park in a driveway to wait for a tow. put your hood up and hazards on and wait on the street

post #12 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-03-2008, 04:12 PM
B.O.B

Sportbike: 'nana.
Years Riding: Look at my join date, ruh-tard.
How you found us: SBN?

Send a message via AIM to EndlessRR
Quote:
Hmm... we're a corner house, along with a 2 car drive way. We rarely if ever have anyone park on the street (at least on one side), and usually only 1 car in the driveway.

I still can't get over the fact that people think its ok to park in someone else's driveway if no one's there. I guess thats about as bad as the <racial expletive> <racial expletive> <racial expletive> <racial expletive> <racial expletive> <racial expletive> that pulls a uturn right in front of me (even with the bike's high beams on).

Stupid stupid people.
Corner house here also, and it's a dead end street, sorta. If/when i block my driveway, the only choice the cock muncher has is to drive over the curb and exit via the alley. What's funny is that my driveway blocks the sidewalk, i myself have been ticketed for parking there, but when it's 'church' time, the cops don't give a shit.

I think the Skokie PD hates Asians.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G2G
No one says you have to get drunk everytime you drink.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoodles
Isn't that like having sex and not finishing though?
post #13 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-03-2008, 04:16 PM

Sportbike: '04 CBR 600RR
Years Riding: days
How you found us: youngkow's monkey ass

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndlessRR View Post
I think the Skokie PD hates Asians.
You can blame that on the damn RSG's, Akrhos and AD's.
post #14 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-03-2008, 04:18 PM
C2M
ǝɹoɯʎuɐ ʞɔnɟ ɐ sǝʌıƃ oɥʍ

I love neighbor hood justice. Especially when I have to shovel my spot out and my dick head neighbor thinks i did it for him. I just love the look of a frozen car in winter after i spent 3 hours shovelling.

post #15 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-03-2008, 06:47 PM
bwa
Boom

Sportbike: None :(
Years Riding: not long enough
How you found us: Crazeinc

Quote:
Smart i think you missed what he is indirecting admitting to doing when he took the bike out for a spin. Second of all you have three flats you dont park in a driveway to wait for a tow. put your hood up and hazards on and wait on the street
Exactly.

Btw, I would've called the good ol' towing company and have his ass towed. After I let the air out of all the tires.
post #16 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-03-2008, 07:30 PM
CRF50 Squid

Sportbike: K6 GSX-R 750, 1971 CL350
Years Riding: Veteran Poser
How you found us: Google

Send a message via AIM to Blah Blah Blah
One of my neighbors hit himself with a brick in the back of his head multiples times because he felt so badly about blocking my garage.

"The man who makes me your enemy, it is he who be the guilty one....Here I abandoned peace and desecrated law; fortune it is you I follow. Farewell to treaties. From now on war is our judge!"
post #17 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-03-2008, 07:42 PM
See ya Illinois

Sportbike: 2005 GSXR 600 Black & Silver
Years Riding: Long time
How you found us: iwon search

If i ever catch someone in my driveway, it's motoroil and mud on the windshield.
post #18 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-03-2008, 07:51 PM
Serious inquiries only

Sportbike: Specialized Allez Comp; Gkotlin's SV650
Years Riding: Always learning

Send a message via AIM to Mort82
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartDrug View Post
I get the gist of what you all are saying and I'd be pissed too, I'm just saying that he might have pulled into the drive to get off the public roadway while he waited for a tow (assuming the flat tires were a preexisting condition). I also find it strange that "someone" would have slashed his tires for parking in a driveway that didn't belong to that "someone".

Now it's the time of the day where someone calls me a yuppie suburbanite and that I don't know the plight of the cityfolk.
I punch cabbies in the face. That's how us suburban yuppies roll!
post #19 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-03-2008, 07:54 PM

Sportbike: '04 CBR 600RR
Years Riding: days
How you found us: youngkow's monkey ass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mort82 View Post
oh shit!
post #20 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-03-2008, 08:02 PM
See ya Illinois

Sportbike: 2005 GSXR 600 Black & Silver
Years Riding: Long time
How you found us: iwon search

Quote:
Don't forget about the positive effects of brake fluid and paint. They make a great combination.
That's for the high end cars.
post #21 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-03-2008, 08:43 PM Thread Starter
K.I.S.S

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwa View Post
Exactly.

Btw, I would've called the good ol' towing company and have his ass towed. After I let the air out of all the tires.
i called the CPD to find out what course of action i can take and they said to call 911 and have a black & white sent out then i can sign the ticket and the car owner will get a ticket.

apparently CPD can not write a vehical ticket w/o the home owners signature aproveing it if its on private property.

i also called a tow company the CPD suggested but you need a contract to have a vehical towed off of your property unless you want to pay the tow.

Willard: When I was home after my first tour, it was worse. I'd wake up and there'd be nothing. I hardly said a word to my wife, until I said "yes" to a divorce. When I was here, I wanted to be there; when I was there, all I could think of was getting back into the jungle.
post #22 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-03-2008, 08:48 PM Thread Starter
K.I.S.S

im not into damageing other people property. thus i dont slash tires i dont ruin paint or other things. its not that major of an offense. i was just really upset that they litterly watched my wife pull out (i know this because she told me about it) then decided to park in my driveway which is in an alleyway in the middle of the alley.

dick move on my part? no. i would expect the same or worse if it were me.

do unto others as you would have others do unto you.

anyways needless to say there is a gas station less then a block away and i saw the owner when i was comming back and they told me a tow truck was on the way and there vehical would be gone in an hour. mabey i should put up a meter and make some $$ while im at it. lol i mean heck he was there from 8am-4pm

post #23 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-03-2008, 08:52 PM Thread Starter
K.I.S.S

Quote:
i didnt say a word about me doing anything i just came back and reported what i saw.

post #24 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-03-2008, 09:40 PM
Armed law abiding citizen

Sportbike: '74 Yamaha RD350
Years Riding: idk

I use aircraft grade paint stripper and a squirt gun. Much more discreet than Grasshoppers cresent wrench.
post #25 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-03-2008, 09:49 PM

Sportbike: 05 CBR600RR
Years Riding: 1 year
How you found us: CBR Forum

Send a message via AIM to AgentofDarkness
He was blocking your driveway from 8AM to 4PM? I would have told that stupid shit to push his car into a spot. He had 8 hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch View Post
In motorcycle terms, that's like taking your Ducati to a dealer for service, and they hand you back a 1979 backfiring Honda 400 Hawk.. because after all, a bike is a bike.
post #26 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-03-2008, 11:01 PM
Si Vis Pacem Parabellum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mort82 View Post
Damn right, you can threaten my wellbeing, just don't be surprised by the results of your actions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus_P View Post
dick move on my part? no. i would expect the same or worse if it were me.

do unto others as you would have others do unto you.
I didn't really get a sense for what you were talking about. He potentially wasted your time by blocking you in, you potentially wasted his by letting the air out of his tires or having him towed, do onto others. You won't get an argument from me on this subject, not a dick move, a fair and equal response.

Brian
NESBA #22
الكافرة مع بندقية سوداء
Si vis pacem parabellum

Quote:
post #27 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-04-2008, 12:37 AM
Cuddlie as a koala

Sportbike: Which bike?
Years Riding: Too long.
How you found us: Ken offered me money to join.

Park in mine and you get towed. No ands if or buts. One of my old neighbours friends used to park in MY driveway all teh time. Even the neighbours told him not to. (there was a foot of grass between their drive and my drive) Came home one day and this asshole was in my driveway right against my garage door. So I parked the charger (old 73 TANK) right up to his rear bumper, went insde and called the cops. Cops came over, guy was ranting and raving, tow truck showed up 5 min later. Cops REFUSED to let him get in his car until the tow truck towed it out. Then they issued him a ticket for tresspassing and then he had to pay the tow fee to boot. Even my neighbour told the cops he warned him many times not to park in our drive. Cop told him the next time he will have to retrieve his car out of the impound instead of the street. Never had him park in mine again.

Its MY property. I pay for it. I maintain it. Its NOT public. I dont care if its for a couple minutes. Stay the fuck out.
post #28 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-04-2008, 01:05 AM

a lil off topic but i thought i'd add it in...

my aunt told me this story;

one time after a hugh snow storm in the city, this man spent hours shoveling a spot on the street for him to park his car. he finally finished and he went to go park his car in the spot when another woman drove into the spot and parked her car there. the man explained to the woman that he spent all that time to shovel the spot and she didn't care and left her car there. the man went inside his house and hooked up his garden hose to his sink and poured water all over her car for hours. he bulit up a huge layer of ice surrounding the entire car that you could not get into it. she called the police and they just laughed, she had to tow the car away and find somewhere heated to put it so it would melt.

thought this fit the part......
post #29 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-04-2008, 01:15 AM
Riding in the free world!

Sportbike: sportbikes
Years Riding: Since I was 9 years old
How you found us: Member

I used to live in the city too and our house is right next to a corner apartment bldg. Guest, visitors, delivery, service vehicles park in front of my garage almosr everyday and I cannot get in or out of my garage. I got in a physical fight 2x, took some sidemirrors off (ones close to the garage door) and sometimes rattlecan the headlights.
post #30 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-04-2008, 01:21 AM

Sportbike: 2003 Aprilia Mille R Colin Edwards / 01-02 Ninj ZX6r Tracktoy / 2003 SV650
Years Riding: 12
How you found us: some guy at the IBM credit union told me about it

I lived on the south side for a while (canaryville - 42nd and union) so I have had personal experience with lawn chairs and or a couch in a parking space... Something you do NOT mess with.. They take that really seriously down south... I guess it's a culture thing. I have seen some peoples cars get really screwed up for moving peoples "furniture" and parking in a spot someone cleared...

Generally they were people from the suburbs or perhaps up north, as nobody down south would be dumb enough to break the rules and leave their car there unattended..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode