199 Lives Hits the Big Screen - Travis Pastrana Documentary - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-16-2008, 01:50 PM Thread Starter
You got the talkin' done

Sportbike: 2016 Honda Africa Twin & 1979 Honda CB750F
Years Riding: long enough to have fallen off a few times - glad I wear a helmet!
How you found us: Loose Lips Sink Ships, Loose Wires Cause Fires

199 Lives Hits the Big Screen - Travis Pastrana Documentary

For theatres in IL, see the bottom of the post.

Press Release

National CineMedia's Fathom and Wasserman Media Group Present Adrenaline-Filled Special Event on April 16th & 17th in More than 400 Select Movie Theatres Nationwide

Click here for a list of theatres.

http://www.fathomevents.com/news/default.aspx?newsid=96

Infamous for his double back flip on his motorcycle in X-Games 12 and often referred to as this generation's "Evel Knievel," Travis Pastrana takes fans inside his world of Motocross and Rally car racing - with dozens of crashes and an unprecedented jump off the Grand Canyon along the way - in the premiere of "199 Lives," an in-theatre special event also featuring an exclusive look at Pastrana's "Top 10 Moments," for two nights only, April 16th and 17th at 7:00 p.m. local time in more than 400 movie theatres and participating locations nationwide. Tickets for this limited engagement are available at presenting theatre box offices and online at www.FathomEvents.com. For a complete list of theatre locations and prices, please visit the website (theatres are subject to change).

Presented by National CineMedia's (NCM) Fathom and Wasserman Media Group , in association with Godfrey Entertainment, Subaru Rally Team USA, Racer X and Motocross.com, "199 Lives" is a theatre experience that takes sports enthusiasts and thrillseekers of all ages inside the life of Pastrana - and his talent for cheating death. Directed by Gregg Godfrey and produced by Jeremy Rawle and Wasserman Media Group, "199 Lives" follows Pastrana from the driveway on Christmas Day in 1987 when he received his first motorcycle, to the Rally America championship where now, at the age of 24, the legendary thrillseeker defies gravity on four wheels.

Pastrana will also debut his list of "Top 10 Moments" exclusively during this special NCM FATHOM in-theatre event chosen from thousands of record breaking and bone-shattering clips. Audience members will witness some of Pastrana's most amazing feats, including his X Games double backflip and jumping out of a plane without a parachute - all from the safety of their seats.

"I'm excited about teaming up with WMG and NCM Fathom for the opportunity to share my story, along with my life's highs and lows, with fans across the country," said Pastrana, ESPN X Games superstar, AMA National Motocross and Rally car champion. "I hope this event inspires people to enjoy life and to never give up, as well as increase awareness for Motocross and Rally racing."

"199 Lives" appears on the big screen in high-definition with Cinema Surround Sound in select locations throughout the U.S., including AMC, Cinemark USA Inc., Georgia Theatre Company, Goodrich Quality Theaters, Kerasotes ShowPlace Theatres, Loeks Movie Theatres & Cinema, National Amusements and Regal Entertainment Group movie theatres, as well as the Penn Cinema (Lititz, PA) through NCM's exclusive Digital Broadcast Network.

"NCM Fathom is excited to partner with WMG to bring this adrenaline-filled theatre event to the big screen for Motocross fans and adrenaline junkies, as well as anyone who can simply appreciate the talent and courage it takes to live life as a daredevil," said Dan Diamond, vice president of NCM Fathom. "Travis Pastrana is a phenomenal extreme sports athlete who defies gravity time and again in this thrilling look into his life."

"Travis is a real world champion and through our partnership with NCM Fathom we can bring his compelling story to a wider audience of sports and human interest fans," said David Brooks, senior vice president of business development, WMG/Sportnet "We look forward to leveraging the marketing strength of Sportnet's online communities, motorcross.com and travispastrana.com to rally fans nationwide into their local theatres for this special, limited engagement."

For more information and a behind-the-scenes look at the making of "199 Lives," please visit www.motocross.com/199lives.

This will shown at the following theaters in IL:

AMC South Barrington 30 Barrington IL 60010
Randall 15 IMAX Batavia IL 60510
Century @ Stratford Square Bloomindale IL 60108
Movies 10 Bourbonnais IL 60914
Carbondale Showplace Carbondale IL 62901
City North 14 Chicago IL 60647
AMC River East 21 Chicago IL 60611
Showplace 16 Crystal Lake IL 60014
Century 16 Deer Park Deer Park IL 60010
Edwardsville Showplace Edwardsville IL 62025
Evanston 18 Evanston IL 60201
Lincolnshire 20 plus IMAX Lincolnshire IL 60069
Naperville Showplace 16 Naperville IL 60564
Niles Showplace Niles IL 60714
Kendall 10 Oswego IL 60543
Willow Knolls 14 Peoria IL 61615
Rockford Showplace 16 Rockford IL 61108
Round Lake Beach 18 Round Lake Beach IL 60073
Savoy 16 Savoy IL 61874
Springfield West Showplace Springfield IL 62711
Cinemark Woodridge 17 with IMAX Woodridge IL 60517

If you ain't with us, then it's just bad news.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-16-2008, 02:05 PM
Super Moderator

Sportbike: bikeless
Years Riding: 10
How you found us: Shit, you know I'm a clsb OG!

Send a message via AIM to Vcook
it will be playing in my basement 10 minutes after it comes out on DVD.

Chris
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-17-2008, 01:25 PM
Wheelie Rider

Sportbike: A couple
Years Riding: 12
How you found us: Internet search

I went to see this last night. It was worth the $11 for the ticket. It is about an hour and 45 minutes long.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-17-2008, 08:13 PM
Wannabe racer

Sportbike: KTM, GasGas, Sherco
Years Riding: Lost too many brain cells to remember
How you found us: Duh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schiernbeck View Post
I went to see this last night. It was worth the $11 for the ticket. It is about an hour and 45 minutes long.
+1 Except it was woth the $33 dollars since my wife, son, and I all went plus an online fee.

Definitely good though, and that guy has an incredible amount of adrenaline/no fear/stupidity/luck, and who knows what else.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode