Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

Why I love this site

2K views 90 replies 32 participants last post by  EndlessRR 
#1 ·
New guy enters as asshat.

New guy asks stupid questions.

New guy gets made fun of. Photoshops, name calling, everything.

New guy appears on group rides and social gatherings and turns out to be a good person.

New guy is accepted by the few he has met.

New guy crashes and everyone sends their condolences and wishes him well.

:cheers: :bow

#48 ·
haha my mom still gives shit everytime i leave the house. last thing she wants to see is a bigger/faster bike. shes a nurse in the ICU. so she sees bikers come in all the time and get amputated n shit.

#50 ·
yeah, my mom is a recently retired icu nurse as well and when i finally told her i ride she literally almost fainted. i actually ran across the room to catch her cuz she looked like she was really gonna collapse. fortunately she doesn't know wtf a CC is. :laughing:

#54 ·
Why I truly love this site

Last year, this month, my wife(now ex) moved out on me. I helped her buy a townhouse so my kids would be safe and healthy. I helped her move so my kids would be happy. It was "amicable" divorce, basically, I knocked her up when we were young and we decided to keep the baby. We tried out the family thing and it didn't work. I was with her for 6 years, not the best relationship, but we tried it out for the sake of the kids.

So, When she decided to moved out, I got a bike and found CLSB. I literally had no friends, I was too caught up with work and family to ever really meet anyone other than other kids' parents when we moved out here. So, Hunny and Biggy took me out for my first CLSB ride, not my first bike, duh, but it was cool, we did a mini demon run that reminded me of how I rode back East. They took me to Strats and introduced me to everyone.

With that said, I feel as though CLSB is my home. Don't forget that. The people.

"you can take the people out of CLSB, but you can't take CLSB out of the people"

It's a mind-set. Yeah, the sponsorship bullshit, ya, the publicity bullshit, but in the end, I didn't know one single Admin or sponsor when I joined and started hanging out, I had no clue what the fuck was going on, I just wanted to ride, to meet some people, and before I knew it, I was a post whore.

So you new comers, lurkers, and long time assholes, just remember where the mayhem started. It was here.

How's that for a fucking sob story? Pretty corny huh? but it's the truth! And met one of the best girlfriends I've ever had here too.

:bow To CLSB.

#56 ·
Last year, this month, my wife(now ex) moved out on me. I helped her buy a townhouse so my kids would be safe and healthy. I helped her move so my kids would be happy. It was "amicable" divorce, basically, I knocked her up when we were young and we decided to keep the baby. We tried out the family thing and it didn't work. I was with her for 6 years, not the best relationship, but we tried it out for the sake of the kids.

So, When she decided to moved out, I got a bike and found CLSB. I literally had no friends, I was too caught up with work and family to ever really meet anyone other than other kids' parents when we moved out here. So, Hunny and Biggy took me out for my first CLSB ride, not my first bike, duh, but it was cool, we did a mini demon run that reminded me of how I rode back East. They took me to Strats and introduced me to everyone.

With that said, I feel as though CLSB is my home. Don't forget that. The people.

"you can take the people out of CLSB, but you can't take CLSB out of the people"

It's a mind-set. Yeah, the sponsorship bullshit, ya, the publicity bullshit, but in the end, I didn't know one single Admin or sponsor when I joined and started hanging out, I had no clue what the fuck was going on, I just wanted to ride, to meet some people, and before I knew it, I was a post whore.

So you new comers, lurkers, and long time assholes, just remember where the mayhem started. It was here.

How's that for a fucking sob story? Pretty corny huh? but it's the truth! And met one of the best girlfriends I've ever had here too.

:bow To CLSB.
I lub you too Bobby. If I were gay i'd kiss you. :laughing:

#86 ·
Bobby, thanks for coming up to me and introducing your crazy self at my first time at SoW to bike night. I wuuuuuub youuuuuuu! (sabertooth beaver style)

And yeah, Vern's a cool dude. He can also beat the maniac DT crew to Port's by at least 5 mins taking a secret ninja bike route. :laughing:

#91 ·
I remember when The Mort and i first met. It was very, serendipitous.:laughing:

OT: Since there are so many Rob's, Bob's, Bobby's, Bobbo's, Bobbert's, The Bob's, Boob's, Robbie's, Robo's, and Robert's on this site, i am going to create a special hand shake just for us. It will be introduced at the next bike night. Look for the guy with the pimp ass, pirate getup.:lmao:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.