wisc. people, need your HELP/INPUT!!!! - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-28-2008, 10:00 AM Thread Starter
Thee original azzhole!

Sportbike: 97 900rr-rip 09/09, 69 chevelle SS, & ???
Years Riding: it doesnt matter
How you found us: i see all

Send a message via AIM to Thunderstruck
wisc. people, need your HELP/INPUT!!!!

ok...really long story short...my sisters house is in south beloit il. , but they get thier power from a CO-OP which means its NOT com-ed...they had a MAJOR SURGE go through the house at the full 240 instead of of 120...turns out the electric company CLAIMS that they are not responsable for it cause the tree in her backyard was rubbing against the powerlines....and it turns out was wet and caused the power to bounce and whatnot between lines and cause the surge...

is this true?...

i know com-ed would cover this out for us, but this co-op company basically stated to my sister that she is fucked and needs to go through her insurance...they got 5 kids at the house, no heat...and everything is destroyed...furnace ,tv's, computers, EVERYTHING got fried...luckily nothing caught fire, and the co-op states they will NOT help her...

is it the homeowners responsibility to trim the tree's by power lines?...its well over 30 ft tall to the top...they have no access to anything that high...

is there anything they can do to try to get Financial help from the power company?

...plus my gf was with me saying "omg slow down, slow down" and I was thinking "Lose annoying squalk box in passenger seat, afford more mods and have less weight in the car and on the back of the bike"...so i dumped her and I'm single again as usual...HERE KITTY KITTY!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch View Post
pussy is the root of all evil...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunny View Post
mmmm pussy
You dont like me....i dont give a fuck...cause i'll still put ya in the hospital...me tollerating you is all that matters...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-28-2008, 10:07 AM
Teach me to Ride Please

Sportbike: 2012 HD street glide, 2011 BMW S1000RR, 2006 CBR F4I, 2003 Honda XR50
Years Riding: Not long enough
How you found us: The voices in my head

Send a message via AIM to Guess Who? Send a message via MSN to Guess Who?
I would have them call their insurance company to get things fixed and let them go after the electric company. It will be the fastest way to get things fixed for them.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-28-2008, 10:09 AM Thread Starter
Thee original azzhole!

insurance company has already been contacted...basically the house is unlivable right now cause of no power and this cold air we are getting right now...

...plus my gf was with me saying "omg slow down, slow down" and I was thinking "Lose annoying squalk box in passenger seat, afford more mods and have less weight in the car and on the back of the bike"...so i dumped her and I'm single again as usual...HERE KITTY KITTY!!!
Quote:
Quote:
mmmm pussy
You dont like me....i dont give a fuck...cause i'll still put ya in the hospital...me tollerating you is all that matters...
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-28-2008, 10:49 AM
Mile Muncher

Sportbike: 2005 LE, Hayabusa
Years Riding: Two Weeks! :)
How you found us: Did a search on Crazy!!

I’m not certain with this co-op electrical company who is initially responsible. I would think the local community (Township, Village, City etc.) & Co-Op Company would be responsible for trimming the trees, if they are not on your sister’s property. You’d think either the Township & Co-Op Company someone would take ownership since the power-lines are above ground.

I recently called Bartlett Community and had them come out to my house and trim the trees that were in front and side of the house. I live on a corner lot so the trees are Bartlett’s responsibility for trimming; anything on my property would be mine.

I would start with the Insurance Company and find out the total cost of damage. They might also give your sister some guidance on how to proceed. I’d also look into the Village/community resident services that are offered. This will probably give you an idea of who is responsible for trimming the trees. Also the documentation or website of the Co-Op electrical company should outline their services and policies.

Sorry, that’s all I got. Good luck to you and your sister I hope everything works out.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-28-2008, 11:04 AM
Infectious Human Waste

Sportbike: <600cc's
Years Riding: 9
How you found us: .

Send a message via AIM to Milenko Send a message via Yahoo to Milenko
By my exp selling power, too long of a story. Com-ed is still responsible for the up keep of the power lines in the area. You can buy the power from somewhere else but you still pay a fee for com-ed to do basic up keep. It just gets tied into your bill from the other company. This company should be responsible and they should hold com-ed responsible. as above stated, go through insurance and have them go after these companies.

Even heroes know when to be scared.
..As I shifted into 6th, I forgot every f'in thing she said..
Im a fuel injected suicide machine!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Criminalgrrl View Post
I'd let him pee in my butt
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-28-2008, 03:00 PM
Cuddlie as a koala

Sportbike: Which bike?
Years Riding: Too long.
How you found us: Ken offered me money to join.

Was that surge around 7pm friday night? If so power shut down at my worrk in S. Beloit at the same time. Never seen so many sad faces after the lights came back on and all the cnc operators had to reprogramme all teh machines again.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-01-2008, 09:41 PM
Wild slide rule roots

Sportbike: 2002 Suzuki TL1000R, yel/blk (Street) & '04 GSXR750 (Track)
Years Riding: 8
How you found us: Got the link through NESBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milenko View Post
By my exp selling power, too long of a story. Com-ed is still responsible for the up keep of the power lines in the area. You can buy the power from somewhere else but you still pay a fee for com-ed to do basic up keep. It just gets tied into your bill from the other company. This company should be responsible and they should hold com-ed responsible. as above stated, go through insurance and have them go after these companies.
Right, but this is a co-op. It's not ComEd lines, so ComEd isn't even going to consider the claim, especially if it's a Wisconsin address.

T-Struck, I think the co-op's explanation is, to use a technical term, full of it. It's very difficult to get 240 on the 120 leg of an incoming service without a couple of things going wrong. Tree contact alone shouldn't do it, I think.

That said, you may be hosed as far as getting anything from the co-op for damages. I'm not sure about Wisconsin's utility rules, but chances are that the co-op has a company rule on file that you need to trim trees around your service wire and that they aren't responsible for damages.

If you want to pursue this, ask them to cite the rule they claim says they don't have to pay the claim. If they can, go look it up and confirm that it says what they think. If it doesn't, or they can't tell you where the rule is, talk to the Wisconsin PSC for help.

Morrand
NESBA #561 (I)
Jabber/Google Talk: [email protected]
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-02-2008, 07:50 AM Thread Starter
Thee original azzhole!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrand View Post
Right, but this is a co-op. It's not ComEd lines, so ComEd isn't even going to consider the claim, especially if it's a Wisconsin address.

T-Struck, I think the co-op's explanation is, to use a technical term, full of it. It's very difficult to get 240 on the 120 leg of an incoming service without a couple of things going wrong. Tree contact alone shouldn't do it, I think.

That said, you may be hosed as far as getting anything from the co-op for damages. I'm not sure about Wisconsin's utility rules, but chances are that the co-op has a company rule on file that you need to trim trees around your service wire and that they aren't responsible for damages.

If you want to pursue this, ask them to cite the rule they claim says they don't have to pay the claim. If they can, go look it up and confirm that it says what they think. If it doesn't, or they can't tell you where the rule is, talk to the Wisconsin PSC for help.
cool...thanks man...i'll pass the info along to my sister and see what she can find out...

Quote:
Quote:
mmmm pussy

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode