Searching for Website About Alcoholic's Wisdom - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-29-2008, 11:10 PM Thread Starter
yo quiero su taco

Sportbike: Honda CBR 954 blk/slvr
Years Riding: 10 years
How you found us: They found me. Follow the white rabbit.

Searching for Website About Alcoholic's Wisdom

I came across this one website years ago. It was a website dedicated to alcoholic wisdom or bartender wisdom, something like that. Anyway, it had great little literary quotes and stories about drinking. I searched and I can't find it using the search engines. Anyone know the site I am talking about?

"includes 10 used-car dealers or auto repair shops, 11 liquor stores and bars--two of which advertise lingerie fashion shows and a third billed as a "gentlemen's club"--three cut-rate motels and one trailer park. The squat, brick municipal building is next to a currency exchange and a few steps from an adult video store. The bars open at 10 a.m. and close at 6:30 a.m."

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
Something must be fishy...I am going to go poke around in the back end..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-29-2008, 11:15 PM
Hot-Wire Her With A Pin

Sportbike: Blue Mini Cooper
Years Riding: Done for now
How you found us: Bad weather bikers

Send a message via Yahoo to Paladin
It's called everything Brendan Behan ever wrote.
Ah, bless you, Sister, may all your sons be bishops.
Brendan Behan

All publicity is good, except an obituary notice.
Brendan Behan

Critics are like eunuchs in a harem; they know how it's done, they've seen it done every day, but they're unable to do it themselves.
Brendan Behan

Critics are like eunuchs in a harem. They're there every night, they see it done every night, they see how it should be done every night, but they can't do it themselves.
Brendan Behan

I am a daylight atheist.
Brendan Behan

I am a drinker with writing problems.
Brendan Behan

I have a total irreverence for anything connected with society except that which makes the roads safer, the beer stronger, the food cheaper and the old men and old women warmer in the winter and happier in the summer.
Brendan Behan

I have never seen a situation so dismal that a policeman couldn't make it worse.
Brendan Behan

I say myself no depressed words just depressed minds.
Brendan Behan

I was court-martialled in my absence, and sentenced to death in my absence, so I said they could shoot me in my absence.
Brendan Behan

I wish I'd been a mixed infant.
Brendan Behan

If it was raining soup, the Irish would go out with forks.
Brendan Behan

It is a good deed to forget a poor joke.
Brendan Behan

It's not that the Irish are cynical. It's rather that they have a wonderful lack of respect for everything and everybody.
Brendan Behan

New York is my Lourdes, where I go for spiritual refreshment... a place where you're least likely to be bitten by a wild goat.
Brendan Behan

One drink is too many for me and a thousand not enough.
Brendan Behan

Other people have a nationality. The Irish and the Jews have a psychosis.
Brendan Behan

Shakespeare said pretty well everything and what he left out, James Joyce, with a judge from meself, put in.
Brendan Behan

The Bible was a consolation to a fellow alone in the old cell. The lovely thin paper with a bit of matress stuffing in it, if you could get a match, was as good a smoke as I ever tasted.
Brendan Behan

The big difference between sex for money and sex for free is that sex for money usually costs a lot less.
Brendan Behan

The most important things to do in the world are to get something to eat, something to drink and somebody to love you.
Brendan Behan

There is no such thing as bad publicity except your own obituary.
Brendan Behan

What the hell difference does it make, left or right? There were good men lost on both sides.
Brendan Behan

When I came back to Dublin I was courtmartialed in my absence and sentenced to death in my absence, so I said they could shoot me in my absence.

Then move to Shane MacGowan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bug View Post
I will sock ya square in your snot locker if you EVER use the term "Bron Bron" in my presence - BAHLEEDAT
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-29-2008, 11:23 PM Thread Starter
yo quiero su taco

Sportbike: Honda CBR 954 blk/slvr
Years Riding: 10 years
How you found us: They found me. Follow the white rabbit.

Wino Wisdom on www.moderndrunkardmagazine.com is similar to what I came across, but I am sure it was a different site. I actually think the site I am looking for linked me to the moderndrunkardmagazine.

Anyway, I found these off another site:

“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy” - Benjamin Franklin

“An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with fools.” - Ernest Hemingway

"It was a natural as eating and to me as necessary, and I would not have thought of eating a meal without drinking beer"- Ernest Hemingway

"The worst thing about some men is that when they are not drunk they are sober." - Yeats

"I have taken more out of alcohol than alcohol has taken out of me." - Winston Churchill

"Once, during Prohibition, I was forced to live for days on nothing but food and water." - W.C.Fields

"Give me a woman who truly loves beer and I will conquer the world" - Kaiser Wilhelm

"Oh, you hate your job? Why didn't you say so? There's a support group for that. It's called EVERYBODY, and they meet at the bar." - Unknown

"Give my people plenty of beer, good beer and cheap beer, and you will have no revolution among them" - Queen Victoria

“Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn’t drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, “It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true, than be selfish and worry about my liver.” - by Jack Handy

“I feel sorry for people who don’t drink. When they wake up in the morning, that’s as good as they’re going to feel all day.” - Frank Sinatra

"It only takes one drink to get me loaded. Trouble is, I can't remember whether it's the thirteenth or fourteenth." - George Burns

"Let's get out of these wet clothes and into a dry Martini..." - Mae West

“Twenty-four hours in a day, twenty-four beers in a case. Coincidence?” - Stephen Wright

"A psychologist once said that we know little about the conscience - except that it is soluble in alcohol." - Thomas Blackburn

"After drinking four Martinis, my husband turns into a disgusting beast. And after the fifth, I pass out altogether." - Anonymous

"One more drink and I'd have been under the host." - Dorothy Parker

"The problem with the designated driver program, it's not a desirable job. But if you ever get sucked into doing it, have fun with it. At the end of the night, drop them off at the wrong house." - Jeff Foxworthy

"I'm not so think as you drunk I am !" - John Squire

"If love makes the world go around, then whisky makes it go around twice as fast!" - Compton Mackenzie

"You're not drunk unless you can lie on the floor without holding on !" - Dean Martin

“A woman drove me to drink and I didn’t even have the decency to thank her.” - W.C. Fields

“When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading !!!” - Henny Youngman

“When we drink, we get drunk. When we get drunk, we fall asleep. When we fall asleep, we commit no sin. When we commit no sin, we go to heaven. Sooooo, let’s all get drunk and go to heaven!” - Brian O’Rourke

“You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.” Frank Zappa

"includes 10 used-car dealers or auto repair shops, 11 liquor stores and bars--two of which advertise lingerie fashion shows and a third billed as a "gentlemen's club"--three cut-rate motels and one trailer park. The squat, brick municipal building is next to a currency exchange and a few steps from an adult video store. The bars open at 10 a.m. and close at 6:30 a.m."

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
Something must be fishy...I am going to go poke around in the back end..

Last edited by whiteSeatEnvy; 04-29-2008 at 11:25 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode