OMG!! this will be a shit storm! "Ironhorse Cancelled" - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-04-2008, 10:39 PM Thread Starter
YO MAMA

Sportbike: 2010 Electra Glide Police Edition 103cu
Years Riding: a long time!

OMG!! this will be a shit storm! "Ironhorse Cancelled"

there is so much crap flying around right now with this. i was watching the news tonight which got me started to search the subject. here is 2 links to get ya started.
http://www.austinsaloon.com/IronHorse.htm
http://95wiilrock.com/Ironhorse-Cancelled/2118699

what the news said was the major got informed by the police rival or other bike clubs were going to retaliate? something like that.

but all i gotta say is it sucks, and if it was rival biker clubs? which doesnt make sense i hope they get the bastard and fry his ass in jail for ruining such a gathering of motorcyclist.

if it was the major with some notion of hippies and easy rider 70's style antics?

well one way or the other i hope the truth prevails and if someone was wrong or someone did criminal activity, i hope they get justice served on there ass!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-04-2008, 10:42 PM
its just what i do

Sportbike: bmw R1150R 2005 BMW Boxercup Rep.
Years Riding: 11 years total
How you found us: member

Send a message via Skype™ to CBRay
ditto +1

We'r all good loving people here....aren't we?
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-05-2008, 05:59 AM
Thee original azzhole!

Sportbike: 97 900rr-rip 09/09, 69 chevelle SS, & ???
Years Riding: it doesnt matter
How you found us: i see all

Send a message via AIM to Thunderstruck
ken...where ya been buddy?...they been talking about this all weekend...lol...your just a bit late...the mayor just plain fucked up...

...plus my gf was with me saying "omg slow down, slow down" and I was thinking "Lose annoying squalk box in passenger seat, afford more mods and have less weight in the car and on the back of the bike"...so i dumped her and I'm single again as usual...HERE KITTY KITTY!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch View Post
pussy is the root of all evil...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunny View Post
mmmm pussy
You dont like me....i dont give a fuck...cause i'll still put ya in the hospital...me tollerating you is all that matters...
post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-05-2008, 09:14 AM
Lick Me

Sportbike: '01 sv650s, CRF 70
Years Riding: 3
How you found us: from moparboyy

Send a message via AIM to HeavyHand
that sucks. i hope that one of the local papers gets ahold of this.

-Nick
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-05-2008, 09:44 AM Thread Starter
YO MAMA

ive been busy to say the least. only t.v. time i did was xbox for a few hours here and there.

post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-05-2008, 12:12 PM
Registered lunatic

Sportbike: 1984 FXE, 1966 Triumph, 2000 FLHTC
Years Riding: Bought new 1984, Riding 44yrs
How you found us: ABATE of Illinois, Chicago

Gang fears cancel show

By Marni Pyke | Daily Herald Staff

Published: 5/4/2008 12:03 AM

The abrupt cancellation of a Lake County motorcycle show expected to draw thousands today was sparked by warnings from a state agency of suspected gang activity, authorities said.

Organizers of the Ironhorse Roundup Bike Show had spent the week finalizing details of the event only to learn late Friday afternoon the village of Grayslake had yanked its permit to use the Lake County Fairgrounds.
"Everyone is looking for answers," said Mark Khayat, owner of Austin's Saloon in Libertyville, which sponsors the event.

"We've got people who rode here, they spent money on food and got their bikes ready. It's a real let-down."

Grayslake leaders refused to give reasons other than a terse statement citing "circumstances which threaten the health and public safety" of the village and visitors.

But Lake County Sheriff Mark Curran said the Illinois State Police's Statewide Terrorism and Intelligence Center received information that members of the Outlaws motorcycle club would be in attendance and passed it on to Grayslake.

Federal authorities have identified the Outlaws as an international criminal organization.

"They've been around for as long as most street gangs have been around," Curran said.
"They're bad guys, they're involved in homicides and drug dealing."

A crowd of 40,000 was expected at the fairgrounds. Now vendors and musical acts including Motley Crue frontman Vince Neil had to do a 180.

The decision reinforces negative stereotypes about bikers, organizers fear.
Despite concerns about gang activity that surface with motorcycle events, there's been no incidents at Ironhorse, which is attended by families, Khayat said.

"It's not a public safety hazard. That's why we hire police."
In fact, organizers said they spent months planning and meeting with village officials. They switched from a private security firm to Grayslake police and hired a helicopter pilot to patrol the grounds.

"We dotted the i's and crossed the t's," Khayat said.
The village informed Khayat of its decision around 4:30 p.m. Friday shortly before closing.

"I went to the village directly and everybody scattered," he said.
"The thing that's inexcusable is the terrible lack of communication," said Jhan Dolphin of RealWheels Corp.
The Gurnee company, which manufactures vehicle accessories, was ready to display some of its custom-designed Hummers.
"We had six vehicles completely detailed this week and we were ready to go," Dolphin said.

Hardest hit are vendors and bikers who traveled across the country to make the show, Khayat said.

"There's people staying in hotels from Colorado and Wyoming," he noted.
Austin's Saloon and the Lake County Fair Association have already spent thousands of dollars on preparation. Legal action is an option he's considering, Khayat said.

In addition to an e-mail frenzy protesting the cancellation, a local radio station got into the action. Kenosha-based 95 WILL Rock dropped musical programming to protest Grayslake's decision Friday evening.
Despite the publicity, Khayat said he still expects crowds to show up at the fairgrounds.

Grayslake police Sgt. Brian Ernst said officers will be on hand to redirect bikers with reinforcements from state police.

Grayslake Mayor Timothy Perry didn't return calls Saturday and declined to explain the decision Friday.

Asked for his assessment, of the village's call, Curran said, "I wouldn't second-guess. Better be safe than allow something to happen."
Khayat was hopeful the bike show will return possibly before the end of 2008. The event had been held at the saloon since 2005 but moved to the fairgrounds because they needed more space.

Meanwhile, "I'm trying to pump some life back into the employees. We really got the air knocked out of us."
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-05-2008, 12:12 PM
Registered lunatic

Now who do you think is keeping a GOOD eye on this, Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-05-2008, 12:23 PM

Sportbike: Suzuki GSX-R750
Years Riding: I ride a tricycle
How you found us: Google!

Can someone better informed fill me in with exactly how a congregation of people can be broken up before it happens? Is it not our right to be able to assemble? Our constitutional right even...

I'm confused. If I were still in the area I'd show up and shove a foot up the local government's ass.

-Zach
http://www.myspace.com/zachreborn

PSN: reborn29
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-05-2008, 12:44 PM
Lick Me

i wonder if the patroit act was used. lol

-Nick
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-05-2008, 12:45 PM Thread Starter
YO MAMA

wow thats something else.

so basically some club or what not or gang threatened the gathering...man if something like that was to ever happen to use. i hope we all to work together to make sure that cock smoker was brought into jail!

post #11 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-05-2008, 12:50 PM

Sportbike: Suzuki GSX-R750
Years Riding: I ride a tricycle
How you found us: Google!

I'm really quite confused why this wasn't just abruptly laughed at. 40,000 people show up for an assembly of good times, tell me exactly which PD is going to stop and arrest all 40,000?

Fuck that noise.

-Zach
http://www.myspace.com/zachreborn

PSN: reborn29
post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-05-2008, 12:51 PM
Lick Me

i just hope that anytime there is a large gathering of people that one threat of violence (real or not) will not cause the event to be cancled.

i just dont want people who dont like what a group of people are doing to call at the last minute and get the event cancled with no way to appeal the decision i.e.4:30 on the friday before the event.

-Nick
post #13 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-05-2008, 01:41 PM
Cuddlie as a koala

Sportbike: Which bike?
Years Riding: Too long.
How you found us: Ken offered me money to join.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.B.A.T.E. View Post
Gang fears cancel show

By Marni Pyke | Daily Herald Staff

Published: 5/4/2008 12:03 AM

The abrupt cancellation of a Lake County motorcycle show expected to draw thousands today was sparked by warnings from a state agency of suspected gang activity, authorities said.

Organizers of the Ironhorse Roundup Bike Show had spent the week finalizing details of the event only to learn late Friday afternoon the village of Grayslake had yanked its permit to use the Lake County Fairgrounds.
"Everyone is looking for answers," said Mark Khayat, owner of Austin's Saloon in Libertyville, which sponsors the event.

"We've got people who rode here, they spent money on food and got their bikes ready. It's a real let-down."

Grayslake leaders refused to give reasons other than a terse statement citing "circumstances which threaten the health and public safety" of the village and visitors.

But Lake County Sheriff Mark Curran said the Illinois State Police's Statewide Terrorism and Intelligence Center received information that members of the Outlaws motorcycle club would be in attendance and passed it on to Grayslake.

Federal authorities have identified the Outlaws as an international criminal organization.

"They've been around for as long as most street gangs have been around," Curran said.
"They're bad guys, they're involved in homicides and drug dealing."

A crowd of 40,000 was expected at the fairgrounds. Now vendors and musical acts including Motley Crue frontman Vince Neil had to do a 180.

The decision reinforces negative stereotypes about bikers, organizers fear.
Despite concerns about gang activity that surface with motorcycle events, there's been no incidents at Ironhorse, which is attended by families, Khayat said.

"It's not a public safety hazard. That's why we hire police."
In fact, organizers said they spent months planning and meeting with village officials. They switched from a private security firm to Grayslake police and hired a helicopter pilot to patrol the grounds.

"We dotted the i's and crossed the t's," Khayat said.
The village informed Khayat of its decision around 4:30 p.m. Friday shortly before closing.

"I went to the village directly and everybody scattered," he said.
"The thing that's inexcusable is the terrible lack of communication," said Jhan Dolphin of RealWheels Corp.
The Gurnee company, which manufactures vehicle accessories, was ready to display some of its custom-designed Hummers.
"We had six vehicles completely detailed this week and we were ready to go," Dolphin said.

Hardest hit are vendors and bikers who traveled across the country to make the show, Khayat said.

"There's people staying in hotels from Colorado and Wyoming," he noted.
Austin's Saloon and the Lake County Fair Association have already spent thousands of dollars on preparation. Legal action is an option he's considering, Khayat said.

In addition to an e-mail frenzy protesting the cancellation, a local radio station got into the action. Kenosha-based 95 WILL Rock dropped musical programming to protest Grayslake's decision Friday evening.
Despite the publicity, Khayat said he still expects crowds to show up at the fairgrounds.

Grayslake police Sgt. Brian Ernst said officers will be on hand to redirect bikers with reinforcements from state police.

Grayslake Mayor Timothy Perry didn't return calls Saturday and declined to explain the decision Friday.

Asked for his assessment, of the village's call, Curran said, "I wouldn't second-guess. Better be safe than allow something to happen."
Khayat was hopeful the bike show will return possibly before the end of 2008. The event had been held at the saloon since 2005 but moved to the fairgrounds because they needed more space.

Meanwhile, "I'm trying to pump some life back into the employees. We really got the air knocked out of us."

Translation. The city doesnt want bikers there and used any excuse to shut it down. Same with firearm shows. THey just dont want them there.
post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-05-2008, 01:53 PM
I'm always learning......

Sportbike: 2k14 FLHXS, 1981 FXE, 1949 HD EL Panhead, Yami PW80
Years Riding: Long, long, long, long, long time.
How you found us: GPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odysseys View Post
wow thats something else.

so basically some club or what not or gang threatened the gathering...man if something like that was to ever happen to use. i hope we all to work together to make sure that cock smoker was brought into jail!
No, I think it was just the possibility that an outlaw mc club MIGHT show up. Sounds like complete bs and a hatred of mc's in general by the town management. No threats, just the fact that they might be there was used as an excuse. They could use that excuse for ANY gathering of motorcycles.

Criminal organization. I can't imagine what would happen if the local govt used that excuse to cancel a festival in, say, Elmwood Park or maybe Melrose Park. Everyone there would be connected in some way.

Synthetic Lifelike Organism Responsible for Observation and Logical Learning - SLOROLL

Remember there's a big difference between kneeling down and bending over. Zappa 1974

And I said....."Look here brother, who you jiving with that cosmik debris? Now is that a real poncho or is that a Sears poncho? Zappa 1974

Last edited by SloRoll; 05-05-2008 at 01:56 PM.
post #15 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-05-2008, 01:59 PM Thread Starter
YO MAMA

true, but if someone did make a threat and can prove it was someone?

bonus and hang man time!

post #16 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-05-2008, 02:11 PM
I'm always learning......

Sportbike: 2k14 FLHXS, 1981 FXE, 1949 HD EL Panhead, Yami PW80
Years Riding: Long, long, long, long, long time.
How you found us: GPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odysseys View Post
true, but if someone did make a threat and can prove it was someone?

bonus and hang man time!
IF there was a real threat, they'd already have someone in custody. Hearsay is not a credible threat in this situation. They would have been better off saying it was a bomb threat. What they did do was give away their real motive for cancelling the event.

Synthetic Lifelike Organism Responsible for Observation and Logical Learning - SLOROLL

Remember there's a big difference between kneeling down and bending over. Zappa 1974

And I said....."Look here brother, who you jiving with that cosmik debris? Now is that a real poncho or is that a Sears poncho? Zappa 1974
post #17 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-05-2008, 02:58 PM

Sportbike: 08 YZ250F, 03 Tuono
Years Riding: Eh?
How you found us: .

I'm guessing there will be gang members at the Taste of Chicago. Might also be drugs at Lollapalooza. We'll go ahead and shut those down. Going to be a real lonely summer...

<---- Patrick

Property of Evil Monkey Racing

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.

post #18 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-05-2008, 03:24 PM
-= OuterSpace =-

Sportbike: Yamaha YZ450
Years Riding: too many to keep track
How you found us: Shizzle

Ummm, why don't they just move it to somewhere else?

04 Yamaha YZ450F - Off-Road it, mang
06 Kawasaki BruteForce 750i
09 Yamaha Raptor 700r

- Mike - OldSkool - MC -
post #19 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-05-2008, 03:35 PM

Sportbike: Slow
Years Riding: all of them
How you found us: a real person

I'd like to see what would happen if Sturgis or Daytona was cancelled. Everyone would just show up anyway...

And for Christ sake! They had a fucking helicoptor set up to potral from the air? JEESH! They must have caught wind of something right around the time when the actual Grays Lake Police and Helicoptor was scheduled to be there.

"I pity the poor people who don't ride motorcycles"
-Malcolm Smith, champion motorcycle racer

Nick
STT Staff
Midwest Division
www.sportbiketracktime.com
post #20 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-05-2008, 03:52 PM
Lick Me

damn lake county Elitists!!!!!!!!

-Nick
post #21 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-05-2008, 04:34 PM
Old Squid on a Blade

Sportbike: 2000 929
Years Riding: Longer than most of you have been alive. And I'm still slow.
How you found us: The voices in my head told me to come here

Unfortunately, I doubt anything will come out of this. The mayor knew exactly what he was doing when he pulled the permit late Friday. Unless local merchants that have lost revenue because of this pack enough power to cause the mayor to be voted out, the nebulous rational that they suspect that members of the Outlaws MC would be in attendance will be enough. As others have pointed out, almost any large gathering has the potential to have gangs present. The question is “when do we stop living our lives in fear that something might happen”? If you stop events or social gatherings because of possible gang (or terrorist) presence you give them more credibility and indirectly make them stronger. A better solution would have been to hire an extra 30 cops and wait for the Outlaws. How hard would it be to harass some guys HDs with illegal pipes? Can we say probable cause? Maybe even let the word out that you would be waiting...

There is nothing firm, nothing balanced, nothing durable in all the universe. Nothing remains in its original state, each day, each hour, each moment, there is change. Change is the essence of life. Embrace change as you do life. To fight change is to live in the past.
post #22 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-05-2008, 04:52 PM
yo quiero su taco

Sportbike: Honda CBR 954 blk/slvr
Years Riding: 10 years
How you found us: They found me. Follow the white rabbit.

Outlaws? Fugawi Tribe FTW!

"includes 10 used-car dealers or auto repair shops, 11 liquor stores and bars--two of which advertise lingerie fashion shows and a third billed as a "gentlemen's club"--three cut-rate motels and one trailer park. The squat, brick municipal building is next to a currency exchange and a few steps from an adult video store. The bars open at 10 a.m. and close at 6:30 a.m."

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
Something must be fishy...I am going to go poke around in the back end..
post #23 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-05-2008, 04:58 PM

Sportbike: Resurrection Built YZ250F, Various European Junk
Years Riding: Yes
How you found us: SBN

Nothing will come of it because all they did was pull the permit. If they had started harrassing/arresting/threatening to arrest the law abiding people that showed up, that would be different.
post #24 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-05-2008, 05:00 PM

Sportbike: '04 CBR 600RR
Years Riding: days
How you found us: youngkow's monkey ass

Those bikers are troublemakers! (said in grandpa voice)
post #25 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-05-2008, 10:13 PM
Registered lunatic

On Tuesday May 6th at 7:00pm The Village Of Grayslake will be having a
board meeting and we would like all ABATE members and motorcyclist to
attend to hear what they have to say and about the cancellation of the
Ironhorse Roundup Bike Show. The reason they give is ( Rival motorcycle
gangs will be attending to finnish some unfinnished business between
them)and they were worried about the health and safety of those
attending the event and the People of the community. All of this
information was givin by reginal gang task force and the U.S.
Department Of Homeland Security.This is profiling and complete
dicrimination against motorcyles and people who ride them.We are
looking for everyones support and would like you to attend the
meeting.Please contact as many people as possible and show our
unity.Below is the address of Grayslake Village Hall and we need to see
everone there!
Mike(BIG MIKE) Ingram
847-445-6437

Grayslake Village Hall
10 South seymour
Grayslake Illinois 60030
post #26 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-05-2008, 10:31 PM

yet the nba still play ball.more gangs in sports than a bike party
post #27 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-05-2008, 10:37 PM
its just what i do

Sportbike: bmw R1150R 2005 BMW Boxercup Rep.
Years Riding: 11 years total
How you found us: member

Send a message via Skype™ to CBRay
they should have gone after the bad guys not the good guys, if they want to keep you safe maybe theyll just lock everyone up in their own homes so they dont get hurt.

We'r all good loving people here....aren't we?
post #28 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-07-2008, 09:40 AM
Lick Me

the organizer of the even was just on Johnny B's show on the loop 97.9 talking about the event or lack there of for about 30 minutes.

-Nick
post #29 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-07-2008, 09:42 AM
Serious inquiries only

Sportbike: Specialized Allez Comp; Gkotlin's SV650
Years Riding: Always learning
How you found us: Google

Send a message via AIM to Mort82
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyHand View Post
the organizer of the even was just on Johnny B's show on the loop 97.9 talking about the event or lack there of for about 30 minutes.
It's raining outside.

well, wtf happened?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode