poor dude - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-13-2008, 05:13 PM Thread Starter
Every motor needs a turbo

Sportbike: Had a Liquid Silver R1
Years Riding: longer than paved roads were common
How you found us: fellow rider

poor dude

so its pretty often that while cruising around in my ram air ta i get dudes (mostly kids) trying to race me. they think cuz im driving that car that im interested in racing or something. but when you have faster cars and bikes at home, you kind of think a bone stock trans am is pretty slow (i do).

well today i finally got some justification. im driving home for lunch and theres this s2000 riding my ass and trying to get next to me. we both make a left hand turn onto a road thats pretty open. i take the right lane he takes the left. i instantly see a cop (it was an explorer) in the distance and just chuckle, knowing this guy is gonna pull up next to me to race. he does exactly that. so i goose it just a bit and he takes off...speeding past the cop going the other way...prolly doing about 80 or so.

so i see the cop bust a U and then speed up behind me. i knew he wasnt coming after me so i slowed down and pulled over a bit. he got next to me, gave me a little wave and then went after the dude and pulled him over.

i swear i dont know what it is about this car but everything tries to race me. when i had my ss camaro that was prepared to beat just about anything on the street...and sounded stock....no one wanted to race but i would NEVER egg a race on...not my style...but no one else would either. now in a stock ta everyone wants to race. weird.

i dunno just a little payback for all the people that try to race me everday when im just trying to tavel down the road in my bone stock car

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-13-2008, 05:16 PM

Sportbike: Kawi ZX-10R
Years Riding: Since February 2012
How you found us: NESBA bbs

Send a message via Yahoo to Chills
Hey Ken, its good to see you didn't bite at the Honda driver's taunting, even if there wasn't a cop. I get this every so often when driving the Pcar. I just let them go. What do we have to prove?

Never a bad time to climb... unless the weather is really horrible, and then you climb inside!

I bleed GREEN
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-13-2008, 05:21 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chills View Post
Hey Ken, its good to see you didn't bite at the Honda driver's taunting, even if there wasn't a cop. I get this every so often when driving the Pcar. I just let them go. What do we have to prove?
exactly my thoughts. im too old for that shit now. yes cop or not i would have just let him go while i laughed that he thought he was special in his 13sec honda

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-13-2008, 05:22 PM

Sportbike: 05 CBR600RR
Years Riding: 1 year
How you found us: CBR Forum

Send a message via AIM to AgentofDarkness
A guy in a Civic tried to race me on my Ninja 250 once. He got stuck at a red light. This guy I know challenged me to a race with his 350Z, he said I have to give him 3 lengths though. I'm waiting till someone challenges me on the street so I can do the exact same thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch View Post
In motorcycle terms, that's like taking your Ducati to a dealer for service, and they hand you back a 1979 backfiring Honda 400 Hawk.. because after all, a bike is a bike.
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-13-2008, 05:30 PM
B.O.B

Sportbike: 'nana.
Years Riding: Look at my join date, ruh-tard.
How you found us: SBN?

Send a message via AIM to EndlessRR
People just look at my car in awe. I assume they're surprised that it runs?

I got pwned years ago, about 2003. Not racing, but trying to get in front of another car. Have a seat, cause i haz a story to tell.

2003, just got my bike, and i was very eager to get home. I was going down Church st and got caught at the light on Grosspoint/Niles center rd going east, and i wanted to pass this Explorer that was going uber slow. So, at the light, i go on the right lane (merges into 1 lane about 3 blocks down), and i gun it at the green. I hit about 70mph (30mph SL) when i see a copper radaring and i crap my pants. He pulls me over and while sitting, wating for the copper to come arrest me, the Explorer rolls by, windows down, and everyone in teh car is LTAO. I felt like a fucking idiot! needless to say, i didn't get to ride that day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G2G
No one says you have to get drunk everytime you drink.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoodles
Isn't that like having sex and not finishing though?
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-13-2008, 05:34 PM Thread Starter

this reminds me of when i was a kid. im talking like 5 or so. my moms daily driver was a mint black w/white stripes 70 chevelle SS454...and of course my dad had it all hopped up and stuff. kids would try to race her all the time. she would rev the motor and make it look like she's getting ready to go when the light turns green....then just crawl away from the light like a snail while the other guy tears his tires out of there i would always ask her why you didnt smoke them. she said theres no sense in racing them when you know you can win

post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-13-2008, 05:37 PM
Let's boogie!

Sportbike: Proven Winner
Years Riding: Since you were on the teat..
How you found us: The Big Sur Merlot & Mescaline Tasting Tour

Quote:
Originally Posted by LsilverR1 View Post
so its pretty often that while cruising around in my ram air ta i get dudes (mostly kids) trying to race me. they think cuz im driving that car that im interested in racing or something. but when you have faster cars and bikes at home, you kind of think a bone stock trans am is pretty slow (i do).

well today i finally got some justification. im driving home for lunch and theres this s2000 riding my ass and trying to get next to me. we both make a left hand turn onto a road thats pretty open. i take the right lane he takes the left. i instantly see a cop (it was an explorer) in the distance and just chuckle, knowing this guy is gonna pull up next to me to race. he does exactly that. so i goose it just a bit and he takes off...speeding past the cop going the other way...prolly doing about 80 or so.

so i see the cop bust a U and then speed up behind me. i knew he wasnt coming after me so i slowed down and pulled over a bit. he got next to me, gave me a little wave and then went after the dude and pulled him over.

i swear i dont know what it is about this car but everything tries to race me. when i had my ss camaro that was prepared to beat just about anything on the street...and sounded stock....no one wanted to race but i would NEVER egg a race on...not my style...but no one else would either. now in a stock ta everyone wants to race. weird.

i dunno just a little payback for all the people that try to race me everday when im just trying to tavel down the road in my bone stock car
I feel your pain; I get this all the time, although it doesn't matter what I'm driving. Work van, my truck, my wife's Passat wagon, doesn't matter.

See, the thing is, I just look so damn fast. True story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maoisn View Post
There will always be a better ride out there. It's not the bike that bends, it's the rider. There is no spoon.
CCS/ASRA #904

Sponsored by: TeamMCC.com

Yep, still.

Farmboys Garage
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-13-2008, 06:07 PM
Highspeed ditch inspector

Sportbike: CB-360, RST Futura, 96/97/98/99 compilation of gixxers into one trackbike.
Years Riding: Since 2000
How you found us: Member

I do the same thing to squids. When I see a cop, I try to instigat a race. I have yet to succede in getting them busted, but I have come close. I'll get them punks one day.

Warning to all; If I rev my motor, egging on a race, there is a cop in view.

Yes, I can be a prick.

!!!!!!!(.)(.)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!). (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!( y )!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Garage
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-13-2008, 06:07 PM
Armed law abiding citizen

Sportbike: '74 Yamaha RD350
Years Riding: idk
How you found us: Google

I do not get very many people trying to race me in the Hyundai. They see the 10th anniversary special edition tags and they back down every time.
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-13-2008, 06:08 PM

Sportbike: ??<-COMING SOON
Years Riding: 1
How you found us: Some dude

Quote:
this reminds me of when i was a kid. im talking like 5 or so. my moms daily driver was a mint black w/white stripes 70 chevelle SS454...and of course my dad had it all hopped up and stuff. kids would try to race her all the time. she would rev the motor and make it look like she's getting ready to go when the light turns green....then just crawl away from the light like a snail while the other guy tears his tires out of there i would always ask her why you didnt smoke them. she said theres no sense in racing them when you know you can win
dude sweet motor!
post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-13-2008, 06:11 PM
enf

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqrly View Post
I do the same thing to squids. When I see a cop, I try to instigat a race. I have yet to succede in getting them busted, but I have come close. I'll get them punks one day.

Warning to all; If I rev my motor, egging on a race, there is a cop in view.

Yes, I can be a prick.
Just desserts are always the best desserts...

COMEUPPANCE!!! (shakes fist)
post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 04:42 PM
Raging lunar zoomonkey

Sportbike: 06' CBR 1000RR
Years Riding: we're supposed to ride?
How you found us: yahoo

Send a message via AIM to stumbl1 Send a message via MSN to stumbl1 Send a message via Yahoo to stumbl1
Quote:
when i had my ss camaro that was prepared to beat just about anything on the street...and sounded stock....no one wanted to race
man you were lucky people bug me in my SS all the time and it's only slightly modified.
post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 05:01 PM
Sunny and 70

Sportbike: 2008 Tuono 1000 R
Years Riding: 12 years
How you found us: GSXR.com

A few years ago I was driving back from a track day in my A4. I was driving about 85 MPH and calmly moving in and out of traffic on 88. I passed a kid in a Honda Civic with all the body kit crap and huge wing (which I never understood on a FWD car, is he getting to much traction?), and he started weaving in and out trying to keep up with me. After a few minutes he was right behind me, tailgating me pretty bad. Another couple miles down the road I spotted one of those semi truck tire treads in the road about 1/4 mile ahead. I held my speed and headed right for it, made sure the coast was clear in the right hand lane and perfomed an emergency lane change at the last second. He was following so close he had NO time to react and hit the tire dead in the center of his car. It ripped that stupid cat catcher front bumper right off.
post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 05:03 PM

Sportbike: '04 CBR 600RR
Years Riding: days
How you found us: youngkow's monkey ass

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhauditech View Post
A few years ago I was driving back from a track day in my A4. I was driving about 85 MPH and calmly moving in and out of traffic on 88. I passed a kid in a Honda Civic with all the body kit crap and huge wing (which I never understood on a FWD car, is he getting to much traction?), and he started weaving in and out trying to keep up with me. After a few minutes he was right behind me, tailgating me pretty bad. Another couple miles down the road I spotted one of those semi truck tire treads in the road about 1/4 mile ahead. I held my speed and headed right for it, made sure the coast was clear in the right hand lane and perfomed an emergency lane change at the last second. He was following so close he had NO time to react and hit the tire dead in the center of his car. It ripped that stupid cat catcher front bumper right off.
nice nice. excellent maneuver!
post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 05:04 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
i like that story

post #16 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 05:05 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumbl1 View Post
man you were lucky people bug me in my SS all the time and it's only slightly modified.
i got the one guy here or there but NOTHING like it is in my TA. probably cuz i had drag rims/tires on it most of the time im guessing. people were scurd.

post #17 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 05:09 PM
BSB > WSBK > MotoGP

Sportbike: '02 GSXR 600 / '98 CBRF3
Years Riding: Since '03
How you found us: Google

Funny, back in high school I was riding shotgun in my friends '93 5.0 notchback and some tool in a WS6 tried racing us at a light for the merging lane. We let him go past after a dead-even 1st gear pull and coasted up to the speed limit, while he stayed on it up to 80+. Then we watched the squad car come up behind us and pull the guy over. HA ha. Guess he didn't think to look in his rear-view.

Jeff
NESBA #311
'02 GSXR600
'98
Smokin' Joe's F3
post #18 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 05:15 PM
Lookin to Ride!

Sportbike: 2008 CBR 1000RR and 2010 Victory Jackpot premium
Years Riding: One could say, I've been around the block a few times....
How you found us: Through the "GrapeVine"

That is freaking great.....

I've been on both sides of this particular situation and now that I'm a bit older and wiser it's just silly! who really wins when ur ass has to take a day off work and drop a bill on a stupid ass ticket. But on that note the greatest part of it is I obviously have the bike at home and all that good stuff soo my car isn't what I use to go fast but my ride is quick as shit and the best part of it is nowing that I can stay wit trans am's in my 4banger! Gotta luv the Horizontally Oppozed technology shared with Porche. To bad my 4cyclinder gets the same damn gas mileage as a freaking V8!
post #19 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 05:16 PM

Sportbike: '03 Gsxr 1000, '04 Zuma,07 GSXR 600 trackbike
Years Riding: june 2007, since new,july '10
How you found us: friend

Send a message via AIM to Pilotx1 Send a message via Yahoo to Pilotx1
This crap happens to me all the time, especially near SOW on a summer night It started when i bought my prelude a couple years have and due to an exhaust leak in the flex pipe it has a raspy/rumbly note to it. Ive jumped on the green maybe once or twice but was immediately off the gas after then just watching. It happens nearly constantly with the gixxer in that area Ive never even jumped on a start on the bike, I do bait em though practically every time, the way i see it id rather have that idiot out infrom of me where i can somewhat control the situation rather than next to me still trying to get a race. Ive seen cops pull out of the forest preserve drives a couple times as they go by.
post #20 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 05:18 PM
Lookin to Ride!

Quote:

NICELY DONE!!!!!!!
post #21 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 05:21 PM
Lookin to Ride!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilotx1 View Post
This crap happens to me all the time, especially near SOW on a summer night It started when i bought my prelude a couple years have and due to an exhaust leak in the flex pipe it has a raspy/rumbly note to it. Ive jumped on the green maybe once or twice but was immediately off the gas after then just watching. It happens nearly constantly with the gixxer in that area Ive never even jumped on a start on the bike, I do bait em though practically every time, the way i see it id rather have that idiot out infrom of me where i can somewhat control the situation rather than next to me still trying to get a race. Ive seen cops pull out of the forest preserve drives a couple times as they go by.

The one thing I can't stand is watching some PRICK in a 3kLB+ car gettin jazzi all over the rd trying to race me on my bike! Half these KIDS that race these cars are a FREAKING ACCIDENT WAITIN TO HAPPEN! NOT 4 ME
post #22 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 05:22 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
I do bait em though practically every time
even though we dont like it....we still bait em

post #23 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 05:23 PM
Si Vis Pacem Parabellum

Sportbike: 955i Speed Triple, 100AE Road King, AP1 Honda S2000
Years Riding: 1/3rd of my life.
How you found us: Cave Johnson

Quote:
So you endangered the lives of yourself and passengers, him and his passengers and anyone else on the road who might have been effected by his panicked maneuvering?

Hmmm... I'm going to go do more wheelies on public roads and stop being a boner.

Good story.

Brian
NESBA #22
الكافرة مع بندقية سوداء
Si vis pacem parabellum

Quote:
Yeah, I quit doing blow, not being rad!
post #24 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 05:28 PM

Sportbike: '03 Gsxr 1000, '04 Zuma,07 GSXR 600 trackbike
Years Riding: june 2007, since new,july '10
How you found us: friend

Send a message via AIM to Pilotx1 Send a message via Yahoo to Pilotx1
Quote:
even though we dont like it....we still bait em
i cant help letting people make themselves look stupid
post #25 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 05:29 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Ive jumped on the green maybe once or twice but was immediately off the gas after then just watching.
i used to do that in my camaro. thats all i needed to do to prove they had nothing for me. a quick roll on the throttle and id put 2 cars on them instantly. if they felt the need to speed past me that was their choice. they knew they had just got owned within 1 second. even an awd wrx all spittin and poppin thought he had the goods on me one time. still put 2 on him and then let off. god i miss that car!

post #26 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 05:38 PM
Sunny and 70

Sportbike: 2008 Tuono 1000 R
Years Riding: 12 years
How you found us: GSXR.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartDrug View Post
So you endangered the lives of yourself and passengers, him and his passengers and anyone else on the road who might have been effected by his panicked maneuvering?
Yes.
post #27 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 09:32 PM
RIDER SEARCHING FOR A RID

Sportbike: '02 NINJA ZX9R, WTB '98 & up ZX9R
Years Riding: 10
How you found us: SEARCH ENGINE

Send a message via Yahoo to ECLIPSE
Quote:
my moms daily driver was a mint black w/white stripes 70 chevelle SS454...and of course my dad had it all hopped up and stuff.

You & your fam drive cool cars sir.

ZX9 - THE LEGEND LIVES ON!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode