So much for firefighters being courteous [RANT] - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-13-2008, 05:37 PM Thread Starter

Sportbike: 01 Giggy 7fidday
Years Riding: been riding your mom for years
How you found us: The hobo on lower wacker sold me the link.

So much for firefighters being courteous [RANT]

So Maria and me were driving home on 294 and this white astro van comes behind me riding my ass. I paid it no attention and since there was a car next to us he couldnt go around. (I was doing between 65-70) So he swings around me when he can and cuts me off and hits his brakes. Apparantly i was going to slow for him and he decided to be a prick about it. So of course being in the truck i wanted to catch up to him and find out wtf his problem is. So im in the lane next to him and he decides to come into my lane and push me off the road!! Luckily there wasnt to much traffic because I swerved out and he never hit us. I called in the state patrol but of course they didnt catch him. Saw his license plate and it had FF on it. (assuming Firefighter?)

So after he cut into my lane and tried to push me off the road, i backed off because its not worth putting us in that situation. So i slowed down and kept a good distance while he was swerving through traffic like crazy. (i kept him in view but not close enough to him for him to do anything.) So he slows down, waits untill he is close enough to me and swerves in my lane again!! He continued to do this a few more times. Everytime i either sped up or slowed down to avoid him.

So i figured, I'll keep him in view untill our exit. And just my luck, he exited the same exit I did. He kept his distance at the light and i wasnt about to jump outta the car because the last thing i wanna do is risk him having a gun or any other weapon. So i went straight at the light and he jumped over to the farthest turning lane to avoid me. Then we both come back to an intersection that was a square from where we were and I saw him at the light.

So he obviously lives somewhere near me and Im gonna check some firehouses and see who the hell this guy is and what the fuck his problem is. I never provoked him or did anything to have him run us off the road. I guess if your going to slow for somebody its ok to push them off the road.

Dgrsuspension.com

~ High Performance Coilovers

Silentedition.com
Quote:
Watching the Cubs lose is the opposite of appreciating a fine wine ó itís like watching a car accident in progress. Itís horrifying, yet gruesomely riveting, and you canít help but watch and sympathize with the poor souls inside.
Quote:
Originally Posted by burntash View Post
coming to CLSB for relationship advice is like asking fat people in mcdonalds about nutrition.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-13-2008, 05:39 PM

Sportbike: 05 DRZ-SM, 80 GS1100E, 99 KTM 125SX, 03 KTM 200MXC
Years Riding: Since 2001
How you found us: ?

Send a message via AIM to Ryan Send a message via Yahoo to Ryan
He's obviously an asshole but I'd just let it go. Don't go stalking him at the firehouse, it's not worth the trouble.
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-13-2008, 05:41 PM
Si Vis Pacem Parabellum

Sportbike: 955i Speed Triple, 100AE Road King, AP1 Honda S2000
Years Riding: 1/3rd of my life.
How you found us: Cave Johnson

Just some advice, shooting a firefighter will not go over well for you and they love trannyboys in the pen. Firehouses are pretty tight knit microcosms and you won't get much aside from an assbeating there. Probably best to let this one go.

Brian
NESBA #22
الكافرة مع بندقية سوداء
Si vis pacem parabellum

Quote:
Yeah, I quit doing blow, not being rad!
post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-13-2008, 05:44 PM Thread Starter

Shoot him? wow calm down. I was just going to report him and possibly talk to the shithead face to face and find out what his deal is.

Dgrsuspension.com

Silentedition.com
Quote:
Watching the Cubs lose is the opposite of appreciating a fine wine ó itís like watching a car accident in progress. Itís horrifying, yet gruesomely riveting, and you canít help but watch and sympathize with the poor souls inside.
Quote:
coming to CLSB for relationship advice is like asking fat people in mcdonalds about nutrition.
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-13-2008, 05:47 PM
Clever Girl

Sportbike: 'Fightered F3
Years Riding: 3 years
How you found us: I woke up here.

Send a message via AIM to Noodles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silentalero View Post
I guess if your going to slow for somebody its ok to push them off the road.
True Story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodles View Post
Noodles accepts no liability for the content of this post, or for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided, unless that information is subsequently confirmed in writing. Any views or opinions presented in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Noodles.
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-13-2008, 05:49 PM
How you like me now?

Sportbike: 06GSXR1000 totalled, wife's GS500
Years Riding: since Friday
How you found us: voices in my head told me

Send a message via Yahoo to Bratva5
Alot of the firefighters I came across are assholes. I think they are under impression that the whole world owes them. Most of the cops I've met have better attitudes then firefighters.

Russ
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-13-2008, 05:50 PM

Sportbike: ??<-COMING SOON
Years Riding: 1
How you found us: Some dude

not sure if the FF on the plates necessarily means he is a firefighter, yeah shit like that you just got to let go. But I feel how you feel I would F the dude up!
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-13-2008, 05:50 PM
BSB > WSBK > MotoGP

Sportbike: '02 GSXR 600 / '98 CBRF3
Years Riding: Since '03
How you found us: Google

I thought anyone can get those 'FF' plates as they are just donations to Firefighters funds; I don't think it means he is one.

Jeff
NESBA #311
'02 GSXR600
'98
Smokin' Joe's F3
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-13-2008, 05:50 PM
enf

Quote:
So Maria and me were driving home on 294 and this white astro van comes behind me riding my ass. I paid it no attention and since there was a car next to us he couldnt go around. (I was doing between 65-70) So he swings around me when he can and cuts me off and hits his brakes. Apparantly i was going to slow for him and he decided to be a prick about it. So of course being in the truck i wanted to catch up to him and find out wtf his problem is. So im in the lane next to him and he decides to come into my lane and push me off the road!! Luckily there wasnt to much traffic because I swerved out and he never hit us. I called in the state patrol but of course they didnt catch him. Saw his license plate and it had FF on it. (assuming Firefighter?)

So after he cut into my lane and tried to push me off the road, i backed off because its not worth putting us in that situation. So i slowed down and kept a good distance while he was swerving through traffic like crazy. (i kept him in view but not close enough to him for him to do anything.) So he slows down, waits untill he is close enough to me and swerves in my lane again!! He continued to do this a few more times. Everytime i either sped up or slowed down to avoid him.

So i figured, I'll keep him in view untill our exit. And just my luck, he exited the same exit I did. He kept his distance at the light and i wasnt about to jump outta the car because the last thing i wanna do is risk him having a gun or any other weapon. So i went straight at the light and he jumped over to the farthest turning lane to avoid me. Then we both come back to an intersection that was a square from where we were and I saw him at the light.

So he obviously lives somewhere near me and Im gonna check some firehouses and see who the hell this guy is and what the fuck his problem is. I never provoked him or did anything to have him run us off the road. I guess if your going to slow for somebody its ok to push them off the road.
I could be wrong but I thought members of an immediate family of a fireman can also get the FF plates. Maybe it was some disgruntled inbred bastard child...
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-13-2008, 05:50 PM
B.O.B

Sportbike: 'nana.
Years Riding: Look at my join date, ruh-tard.
How you found us: SBN?

Send a message via AIM to EndlessRR
Quote:
I was just going to report him and possibly talk to the shithead face to face and find out what his deal is.
Dude. No. Fuhgetabout it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G2G
No one says you have to get drunk everytime you drink.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoodles
Isn't that like having sex and not finishing though?
post #11 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-13-2008, 05:55 PM
self proclaimed n3rd

Sportbike: 2008 GSXR 600
Years Riding: 2nd season
How you found us: SBN Member down_on_monday

Send a message via AIM to RocketGirlie
Anyone can get those plates by donating to the IL Firefighters Memorial:

http://www.cyberdriveillinois.com/de..._memorial.html

By purchasing the Firefighters Memorial License Plate, you can contribute to the Illinois Firefighters Memorial that is located on the grounds of the Illinois State Capitol Complex in Springfield.

The Firefighters Memorial License Plate has a $27 issuance fee, $12 which goes to the Illinois Firefighters Memorial Fund and $15 covers administrative costs of producing the plate. You also must pay the standard $78 registration fee. When renewing this plate, the fee is $17 in addition to the standard renewal fee of $78. The Firefighter's Memorial Fund receives $15 and $2 goes toward administrative costs.

It's not worth even pursuing it. Some people are just douchebag drivers.

Sarah

Roses are ff0000
Violets are 0000ff
All my base
Are belong to you.
post #12 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-13-2008, 05:56 PM
The Benchwarmer

Sportbike: Ninja
Years Riding: Long
How you found us: Dong

this is coming from the guy speeds rigorously down the interstate 80-90mph coming within feet of peoples bumpers riding them as he honks his horn because they are going to slow for him at 60-70....

Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest - Denis Diderot
post #13 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-13-2008, 05:57 PM
B.O.B

Quote:
this is coming from the guy speeds rigorously down the interstate 80-90mph coming within feet of peoples bumpers riding them as he honks his horn because they are going to slow for him at 60-70....
PWNED. I'd rep you but says i give you too muchie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G2G

Quote:
post #14 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-13-2008, 05:57 PM
self proclaimed n3rd

Quote:
this is coming from the guy speeds rigorously down the interstate 80-90mph coming within feet of peoples' bumpers riding them as he honks his horn because they are going too slow for him at 60-70....
fixed it for ya.

Sarah

Roses are ff0000
Violets are 0000ff
All my base
Are belong to you.
post #15 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-13-2008, 05:58 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
umm no. When im in the truck i keep pace at about 65-70. If not gas mileage goes to shit. Filling up hurts.

Dgrsuspension.com

Silentedition.com
Quote:
Quote:
post #16 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-13-2008, 06:00 PM
The Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketGirlie View Post
fixed it for ya.
Quote:
umm no. When im in the truck i keep pace at about 65-70. If not gas mileage goes to shit. Filling up hurts.
haha, whatever, to both of yas. and you most certainly do not pace 65-70. just look how fast we made it to galena for snowboarding

"Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?"

Carlin

Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest - Denis Diderot
post #17 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-13-2008, 06:07 PM
B.O.B

You shoulda just transformed into guy and kicked his ass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G2G

Quote:
post #18 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-13-2008, 06:10 PM
Fear is the mind killer

Sportbike: 05 GSXR 600, 03 RM 250
Years Riding: Thousands of miles, multiple engines
How you found us: www.gsxr.com

Quote:
Quote:
haha, whatever, to both of yas. and you most certainly do not pace 65-70. just look how fast we made it to galena for snowboarding

"Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?"

Carlin

I think he got you here Mark. In that situation, I would have passed the car next to me and moved to the right lane out of the guy's way. No need to block him or get into any Changing Lanes movie type situation. If anyone is flying way faster than me, I get out of the damn way, it is the German Autobahn way and the ChiefBD way .

Xbox Live GOW Killer
Handle : ChiefBDR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegger View Post
"Ride it like you have 30 monthly remaining payments" should keep most people out of trouble.
post #19 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-13-2008, 06:33 PM

Sportbike: .
Years Riding: .
How you found us: .

Oh gee, I thought everyone loved firemen!!! bwahahahaha!!!!!!!
post #20 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-13-2008, 06:47 PM
enf

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefBD View Post
I think he got you here Mark. In that situation, I would have passed the car next to me and moved to the right lane out of the guy's way. No need to block him or get into any Changing Lanes movie type situation. If anyone is flying way faster than me, I get out of the damn way, it is the German Autobahn way and the ChiefBD way .
I have a bad habit of messing with jerkstores like that... This situation would be enough for me to let him go off on his merry little way though...
post #21 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-13-2008, 06:49 PM Thread Starter

Quote:

Carlin
Doing 80 on an open road early in the morning with no traffic is different than running somebody off the road.

Dgrsuspension.com

Silentedition.com
Quote:
Quote:
post #22 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-13-2008, 06:51 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefBD View Post
See if i did it intentionally ok. But it wasnt, we were just driving normal and he was only behind me for about 4-5 seconds. Literally long enough to pass through ipass, then right after he swung around me and all the shenanigans began

Dgrsuspension.com

Silentedition.com
Quote:
Quote:
post #23 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-13-2008, 07:07 PM
Irony helps us play!

Sportbike: 2000 F4
Years Riding: Long enough to know better
How you found us: some hot MILF whispered it in my ear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bratva5 View Post
Alot of the firefighters I came across...

Everyone Exaggerates

We're being taken for a ride... agaaaaaaain.....

Best Auto/Moto Insurance | Motorcycle Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #24 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Quote:
fixed it for ya.
technically people is plural, and with no such word as peoples the correct placement is people's

you could've also thrown in a "who" between guy and speeds

post #25 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 12:20 AM
self proclaimed n3rd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja 13 View Post
technically people is plural, and with no such word as peoples the correct placement is people's

you could've also thrown in a "who" between guy and speeds

next time i will proofread my own work before bashing jeffey's grammar

Sarah

Roses are ff0000
Violets are 0000ff
All my base
Are belong to you.
post #26 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 12:26 AM
U-P-G-R-A-Y-E-D-D

Sportbike: 04 GSXR6
Years Riding: 2
How you found us: I thought it was a line for muffins

Send a message via AIM to FiReBReTHa
yea, them and their cocky attitude.

Firefighter - "We run into fires... yea. im a bad ass."

Me - "I breathe fire, Bitch."

Me - 1

www.firespeedtactical.com
Trial By Fire.
Like our page!
http://www.facebook.com/firespeedtactical

Quote:
"I'm spooning a barrett 50 cal. I could kill a building."
-Archer
post #27 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 12:27 AM
The Benchwarmer

Quote:
next time i will proofread my own work before bashing jeffey's grammar
thats right girl!

post #28 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 01:30 AM
Cuddlie as a koala

Sportbike: Which bike?
Years Riding: Too long.
How you found us: Ken offered me money to join.

SHould had just called teh state police and reported him as a drunk driver. As far as you know he may have been drunk.

Just a quick observation about volunteer FF's. I find them to be complete morons behind the wheel. We just had one of them FLIP a tanker on the way to a call. They tried to take a 90 deg corner at xtreme speed. Hell my brother is one and I gorgot how many times he's hit something or got a ticket. Hell he just crashed his new truck a few weeks ago when a tree jumped in front of it.
post #29 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 08:24 AM
Serious inquiries only

Sportbike: Specialized Allez Comp; Gkotlin's SV650
Years Riding: Always learning
How you found us: Google

Send a message via AIM to Mort82
Road Rage!

This morning a cow-oker was honking randomly at people. We are out in the middle of suburbia, it isn't NYC.

You gotta let shit like that roll of your shoulders, there is no reason. What are you going to accomplish, get a Mr. Tough Guy sticker?
post #30 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 09:05 AM
Rockband &amp; GH3 Queen!

Sportbike: 08 Ninja 250
Years Riding: a couple of years
How you found us: my imaginary friend told me about it....

Send a message via AIM to M.G.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadrach View Post
I thought anyone can get those 'FF' plates as they are just donations to Firefighters funds; I don't think it means he is one.
+1

I bleed GREEN

Facebook
<-- Add me

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode