Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

What do you do for a living thread? "CLSB networking"

59K views 417 replies 327 participants last post by  RMarcil34 
#1 · (Edited)
don't know if we have one or not, social networking and maybe we can help each other by using each others resources when they are needed. keep it in the family/CLSB community type of thing.

i am sure we have all back grounds in here. what company you work for or specialty that you do?

also if your a CLSB member and business owner, please let us know BUT "i better not see a member with 1 post count though try to spam us as it will be deleted" :jester

the site will soon be changing its direction and i know this thread will help our CLSB community and also aid us. member to member looking out for the little guys that are trying to save money in some way the best we can or keep what money we spend helping each other prosper with CLSB members business's.

just 1 thing please, no links, and also keep it on topic no jibber jabber.:cheers

--------------------------------------

well as far as myself.

i dont own shit, and even the loan on that is fucked..lol

See less See more
#31 · (Edited)
in the summer I work for a company that manages and maintains pools for condos/apartment associations. I'm managing 5 properties, total of 7 pools, 2 kiddie pools, and a hot tub, and the 30 or so guards it takes to keep those areas safe. We also do some residential maintance/repair/winterizing.

Facebook
58 members so far of the CLSB Group

#12 ·
IBM Certified Database Administrator for IBM LUW by day

Licensed Mortgage agent. don't do much, but enough to keep current.

MSF Instructor.

#13 ·
I'm in consulting. I work with the environmental divisions of several DoD agencies doing all things related to contaminated site restoration. Mostly I work on project cost estimates, and conduct training on the software used to prepare these estimates. I also sit on a committee that develops and tests the software, and I just got a new project managing the VV&A of that software.
My job has a lot of variety and I really love it; I'm able to use all of my education, which is important to me since now I'm paying for all of it.

I also have a direct sales business through Southern Living at Home. So if you need any decorative crap, I'm your gal :laughing

I used to work in Marketing & PR at Texas A&M, and I helped place studens in majors/jobs. I'm good with resumes-- if you need help with yours I always make time to do this for clsbers.

#15 ·
I install paint protection film on cars and other vehicles that customers want covered.

Father in Law has his own business doing this and I work for him. Based out of Hoffman Estates, mobile service.

Best word of advice, you go to a dealership and purchase a car, if they offer it don't get it from them, come to us, because they hire people like us to do and then they upcharge based on waht we charge them, so come to us and cut out the dealership upcharge.

We install only 3M PPF, check it out if you don't know what it is. 3M is known to be the best product out there as far as durability goes, there are other products that are much easier to install, but in a year or 2 is going to look like total dog crap. Father in law has been doing this for almost 6 years now and has seen what happens to material.

#16 ·
SCEA
Sony Computer Entertainment of America,

AKA.

As a national account rep. I train retail stores on selling the product and making sure everything is looking good and working and if not beating up whoever to make my stores look good.

I am also the propietor of www.firespeed.com, Proud sponsor here at CLSB!
Making your bikes look purty.

Also the propietor of www.luvbumps.com

LoL

#17 ·
Currently I am the warehouse manager for The Tile Shop in Lombard. Six out of seven days a week you will find me there, and the sal. is ok. If you need tile contact me or costly duc. Some pics are posted on the site from some projects a few members have done.
Also the side project of SHO*TME car&cycle detail is back in action this summer after taking the last one off.:thumbsup

As for the future, I took a few months to study for the US Postal Exams. I took them back in late march, and found out in mid April that I passed with an 80%!:dance: Not that the tests are hard, just alot of stuff to answer in a very short amount of time. So I am currently waiting to hear back from the Lemont Post Office as to what the next steps are in starting with them.

#21 ·
please re-frame from the jibber jabber please and no links.

Firebreath can though he is a CLSB advertisers.

yes this thread rocks!

if you like make a new thread asking whom ever how they can help you if possible or use the PM feature.

i would really like and i will work towards making this thread be as clutter free as possible.

thank you for your cooperation.

#23 ·
Hello
My thing is tool and Die (mold making mostly)pays the bills.
motor cycle Resurrecting and customparts.pays for family vacations

Reactions: scout67
#26 ·
Manufacturing Sales Rep. we do injection molding, investment cast, etc. if its metal, or plastic we can probably do it for less than what your paying now. We represent multiple factories so that helps.

Been Bartending for 6 years, its what pays most the bills. If anyone knows a club thats hiring and they have a good in let me know, I want out of my current place.

I am also an assoc. producer/marketing/promotions for an independent film company. We are just taking off and its a fun ride.

#28 ·
I work for AT&T, so any phone, dsl, etc issues I can try and help ya. I don't really deal with customers anymore but I have contacts.

I also build websites on the side :righton: Currently going to school for Web Design so still in the process of learning as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.