game back on... - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-21-2008, 11:39 AM Thread Starter
on cloud 9

Sportbike: na
Years Riding: na
How you found us: na

game back on...

http://www.military.com/features/0,1...ESRC=marine.nl

Quote:
Ban on Sex for Soldiers in Afghanistan Lifted ... Sort Of

Stars and Stripes | Drew Brown | May 15, 2008

JALALABAD, Afghanistan -- Single soldiers and civilians working for the U.S. military in Afghanistan can now have sex legally. Sort of.

A new order signed by Maj. Gen. Jeffrey Schloesser, commander of Combined Joint Task Force-101, has lifted a ban on sexual relations between unmarried men and women in the combat zone.

Poll: Sex in a War Zone Okay?
General Order No. 1 outlines a number of prohibited activities and standards of conduct for U.S. troops and civilians working for the military in Afghanistan. Previously, under the regulation, sexual relations and "intimate behavior" between men and women not married to each other were a strict no-no. The regulation also barred members of the opposite sex from going into each otherís living quarters unless they were married to each other.

To find more deployment news and resources, visit The Deployment Center.

But the latest version of General Order No. 1 for Afghanistan, which Schloesser signed April 19, eases those restrictions.

The new regulation warns that sex in a combat zone "can have an adverse impact on unit cohesion, morale, good order and discipline."

But sexual relations and physical intimacy between men and women not married to each other are no longer banned outright. Theyíre only "highly discouraged," and thatís as long as theyíre "not otherwise prohibited" by the Uniform Code of Military Justice, according to the new order.

Single men and women can now also visit each otherís living quarters, as long as everyone else who lives there agrees, and as long as visitors of the opposite sex remain in the open "and not behind closed doors, partitions or other isolated or segregated areas," according to the new regulation.

Unmarried men and women who are alone together in living quarters must leave the door open, according to the new policy.

Men and women "will not cohabit with, reside or sleep with members of the opposite gender in living spaces of any kind," unless they are married or if itís necessary for military reasons, the new policy states.

A cursory reading of the order would seem to suggest that unmarried men and women could have sex in their living quarters, as long as all other persons who live there agree, or if they left the door open, if they were otherwise alone. But thatís not the case, said Lt. Col. Rumi Nielson-Green, a spokeswoman for Regional Command East and Combined Joint Task Force-101.

"Sex in both scenarios Ö would be a chargeable offense under the UCMJ," Nielson-Green said, referring to the Uniform Code of Military Justice, in an e-mail to Stars and Stripes.

Nielson-Green said the policy change was "not significant on a practical level" since it simply aligns General Order No. 1 in Afghanistan with similar policies in the region. Neither U.S. Central Command, which oversees U.S. forces in Afghanistan and Iraq, nor Multi-National Forces-Iraq bar sexual relations between unmarried men and women in their version of the order, she said.

"The expectation is that troops should behave professionally and responsibly at all times," Nielson-Green said, adding that while the new regulation does not condone sex, it "does recognize that such behaviors happen, and if they result in any chargeable offenses, then appropriate actions will be pursued."

"The bottom line is that the troops are responsible for their own behavior," Nielson-Green said. She declined to "speculate" on the conditions under which soldiers could engage in legal sexual behavior.

The UCMJ contains several provisions under which sexual relations are prohibited between men and women. For instance, married persons cannot engage legally in sex with anyone other than their spouse, or they can be prosecuted for adultery. Sexual relations between subordinates and higher-ranking personnel are prohibited within the same chain of command. Sexual relations between officers and enlisted personnel are generally prohibited as well. Homosexual relations are completely prohibited under the code.

Nielson-Green said the new policy does allow commanders to make the provision on sex more restrictive, as long as they have approval from the CJTF-101 commander.

In eastern Afghanistan, the 173rd Airborne Brigade, which is nearing the end of its 15-month deployment, won approval to stick with the old policy that bans sexual relations between unmarried soldiers.

Maj. Will Helixon, the brigade judge advocate, said the issue was basically one of fairness.

"After weíve treated the soldiers this way for a year, itís not really right to change," said Helixon said. "Thatís the bottom line."

According to Helixonís staff, 28 soldiers from the 173rd Airborne Brigade have been punished for having sex in Afghanistan or for violating the no-entry rule in the past year. Those punishments ranged from letters of reprimand to field-grade Article 15s.

At Forward Operating Base Fenty, near Jalalabad, the reaction of soldiers to the lifting of the sex ban was mixed. Some soldiers declined to comment. Others said they were married, so the change would not affect them. Some thought it simply create more problems. "I think itís a bad idea," said Pfc. Shane Inman, 30, of Fort Dodge, Iowa. "I think thereís going to be a lot more pregnancies going around. Not that there already isnít. But at least they wonít get in trouble for it."

http://www.puppygossip.com/

http://www.myspace.com/ineedtheantidote

If you want to see a hypocrite, look in the mirror ...

"You can't make a weak man strong by making a strong man weak"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-21-2008, 12:11 PM
^That's me

Sportbike: K4 GSXR 750 & K4 RMZ 250 & 2000 CR 250
Years Riding: 7 short years
How you found us: gixxer.com

Send a message via AIM to down_on_monday
Alright...the first good news I have heard since I'm heading over in a few months! lol.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-21-2008, 12:12 PM
YO MAMA

Sportbike: 2010 Electra Glide Police Edition 103cu
Years Riding: a long time!

it never stopped me.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-21-2008, 12:21 PM
C2M
ǝɹoɯʎuɐ ʞɔnɟ ɐ sǝʌıƃ oɥʍ

Sportbike: 636/ zzr600/ r6
Years Riding: Since 07
How you found us: bathroom stall

Ok apperently this is now hitting the public be has been going on for a couple years now

go time traveler style and go back in time, fuck his grandma, then shoot forward in time and then fuck his mom. Then return back to present state and call him a the product of two incest whores and hes your son and show video of you plowing the both members of his family. .
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-21-2008, 12:59 PM
Ooooooooohhh!!!!

Sportbike: Katana 750
Years Riding: 30 years
How you found us: google search

Send a message via Yahoo to blackrose613
Quote:
Men and women "will not cohabit with, reside or sleep with members of the opposite gender in living spaces of any kind," unless they are married or if itís necessary for military reasons

_________
Chrys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odysseys View Post
Lol I am no pimp. I am married and have no game.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-21-2008, 01:02 PM
YO MAMA

Sportbike: 2010 Electra Glide Police Edition 103cu
Years Riding: a long time!

i had a nick name in my unit "007" what ever i did, i did for country

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-21-2008, 01:14 PM
My lil Stunt Girl

Sportbike: Still riding my 04 R6 in my dreams
Years Riding: Retired
How you found us: Craigslist

Send a message via Yahoo to Chigirl
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackrose613 View Post
that's the same part of the article that stood out to me!!

"Live life or get the hell outta my way. "

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusaGirl
Damn haters!

How can you dig for gold when you make your own???
Quote:
Originally Posted by maoisn
That is the beauty of photography. You get to capture a moment in time. Each picture tells a story.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-21-2008, 01:17 PM
teets

Sportbike: teets
Years Riding: teets
How you found us: teets

Send a message via AIM to Flounder
Sometimes you have to bang chicks for secret missions, man. Like infiltrate enemy territory with your schlong. I had scared turtle syndrome plenty a time. My penis is like a trained assassin now, no hesitations and no fear of penetrating hostile situations.

teets

Last edited by Flounder; 05-21-2008 at 01:19 PM.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-21-2008, 01:38 PM
[Online]

Sportbike: Multistrada 1100S; CBR600RR
Years Riding: Since 2004
How you found us: CRR

Apocalypse Now:

Quote:
We train young men to drop fire on people. But their commanders won't allow them to write "fuck" on their airplanes because it's obscene!

- Stas

Thou shalt not disfigure the soul.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode