Cubs Games vs Sox Games - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-22-2008, 07:51 AM Thread Starter
So long San Diego :(

Sportbike: '09 Speed Triple
Years Riding: Since 07/01/06
How you found us: Your Mom told me

Cubs Games vs Sox Games

Went to Cubs last wednesday and Sox last night...

Here is what I observed at the Sox game last night:

-Sox fans are more worried about bashing the Cubs than the team they’re actually playing at the moment; I heard countless times, “F- the Cubs.”
Not once did I hear anyone say F- the Indians
-Too many middle aged drunken women, where’s all the young hotties??
-The Beer is more expensive than at Wrigley, but then again, when your paying $5+ for a beer, what’s a $0.75 difference?
-There were as many Cubs fans around me as there were Sox fans…makes for an annoying game because everyone can’t just shut the hell up and watch the game.

Now, don’t get me wrong. I love baseball in general and will watch/attend any game I possible can regardless of who’s playing. Whenever I’m out in Cali I go to Dodgers/Angels/Padres games. My personal preference is for the Nostalgia and atmosphere of Wrigley. I think the jumbotron at US celluar and the music is fricken annoying.

I have to hand it to the Sox and Jermaine Dye for cleaning up last night though, I thought they we’re going to run out of fireworks after Dye hit back to back homers (a 3-run shot followed by a Solo shot) and Thome jacking one right after Dye’s second homer. It was a fun game to watch.

Got my tickets yesterday for the crosstown classic on 6/22! GO CUBS!

Brandon
2009 Triumph Speed Triple

Kids in back seats cause accidents, Accidents in Back seats cause kids.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-22-2008, 07:59 AM Thread Starter

Oh, and I wish I had my microSD to Sd card converter so i could get the pic off my phone to share with everyone of the 8 inches of buttcrack I got to enjoy from the lady in front of me last night. I literally could have wedged my head in it. She got really drunk too and fell on the lady in front of her, I thought she broke the ladys neck.

Brandon

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-22-2008, 08:17 AM
Midnight Rider

Sportbike: R6 and a Z1000
Years Riding: for a bit
How you found us: random PM on sportbikes.net

The hotties are making their way to the south side, but Wrigley definately wins that category.

Fat Pat #728

If you don't like my fire, then don't come around...
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-22-2008, 09:02 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatFitz9 View Post
The hotties are making their way to the south side, but Wrigley definately wins that category.
Yeah, it was teachers night or something last night, so there were more hotties than usual...still no comparison to Wrigely.

Brandon

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-23-2008, 09:34 AM
Ex-Ninja

Sportbike: 04 Yamaha R1
Years Riding: 5 years
How you found us: Friend

Send a message via AIM to whitedawg Send a message via Yahoo to whitedawg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinto Bean View Post
Went to Cubs last wednesday and Sox last night...

Here is what I observed at the Sox game last night:

-Sox fans are more worried about bashing the Cubs than the team they’re actually playing at the moment; I heard countless times, “F- the Cubs.”
Not once did I hear anyone say F- the Indians
-Too many middle aged drunken women, where’s all the young hotties??
-The Beer is more expensive than at Wrigley, but then again, when your paying $5+ for a beer, what’s a $0.75 difference?
-There were as many Cubs fans around me as there were Sox fans…makes for an annoying game because everyone can’t just shut the hell up and watch the game.
I know this is a COMPLETELY new topic that has NEVER been discussed on this board so I'm going to put up thoughts of my own that I have observed at Cubs games

-Cubs fans are too worried about their feelings hurt by Sox fans. Grow up, it's a rivalry, that's how fans are SUPPOSED to act!
-Okay, I can't say anything about the women, Wrigley wins in that category (not saying that Comiskey has ugly fans, there are some hotties there, I'm just saying Wrigley wins)
-The beer is more expensive at Comiskey (I refuse to call it US Cellular) because it's...well...better beer...I mean really, who pays $5 for OLD STYLE?!?
-I can't believe you actually said that Sox fans can't shut the hell up and watch the game...Isn't that what Wrigley is all about?!? Wrigley is just a huge 3 hour intermission between whatever bar you were at before and whatever bar you're going to afterwards! Half the people there don't know the score because they're too busy socializing...notice that what I said also means that 50% of the peole do know the score, so no reposting as "I'm a diehard Cubs fan and know all the players blah blah blah blah. I was actually at the Cubs/Mets game a couple weeks ago and started talking to my friend's boss there who claims she was a "die hard" Cubs fan, and in the 8th inning asks me if the score was 8-4...Yeah, the score was 4-1, and she was reading the hits for each team...Come on, dont' call yourself a "die hard" fan if you can't even read your own team's scoreboard

These are just my thoughts because I'm a DIE HARD Sox fan and love the Cubs/Sox rivalry...I don't take it too seriously so I'm just trying to have fun with this...Please don't turn this into a bash war

DJ
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-23-2008, 01:08 PM
The Sausage king

Sportbike: Ducati
Years Riding: Since my mid-life crisis
How you found us: Hankered for a hunka cheese

Since this has never been discussed before, I'll throw it out there.......

*They sell more than Old Style in Wrigley.
*Many people claim to be die hards, but wouldn't know a 2-0 count from an 0-2 count.
*There is no excessive drinking at the cell. Because no one drinks before the game, (pepsi only in the parking lots) nor drinks after the game (jimbos and third base have wine and cheese tasting after sox games). The only baseball park where people drink is Wrigley. hahaha

And if you are a die hard fan, I'd like to watch a game with you whitedawg. I like talking baseball at the game. Nothing like actually seeing good baseball. See a player take a fastball down the middle only because the runner on second got a great jump on a steal of third or likewise, why he fouled off a pitch because the runner got a bad jump.

Da Bears!
Ducati
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-23-2008, 01:20 PM
Midnight Rider

Sportbike: R6 and a Z1000
Years Riding: for a bit
How you found us: random PM on sportbikes.net

I for one get drunk at Sox games. and you can drink in the lot, you're just not allowed to drink in the lot

Fat Pat #728

If you don't like my fire, then don't come around...
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-23-2008, 01:30 PM
A to B is for Amatuers

Sportbike: 2 Wheeled Junk
Years Riding: 10
How you found us: BWA

Send a message via AIM to goof4080 Send a message via Yahoo to goof4080
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinto Bean View Post
Sox fans are more worried about bashing the Cubs than the team they’re actually playing at the moment; I heard countless times, “F- the Cubs.”
stop wearing your cubs gear to comiskey then!!!
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-23-2008, 01:52 PM
The Sausage king

Sportbike: Ducati
Years Riding: Since my mid-life crisis
How you found us: Hankered for a hunka cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatFitz9 View Post
I for one get drunk at Sox games. and you can drink in the lot, you're just not allowed to drink in the lot
Yeah, I was being sarcastic..... Plenty of pregame action in the parking lots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goof4080 View Post
stop wearing your cubs gear to comiskey then!!!
I agree, no Cubs gear at the cell unless they are playing the Cubs. And no sox gear at wrigley unless they are playing the sox.

Da Bears!
Ducati
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-23-2008, 04:22 PM Thread Starter

Yeah, I don't care about people yelling the games and shit and getting loud, but I hate when a few people are CONSTANTLY bickering back and forth. If it happens a couple of times, fine with me. But when some douche sits there and says fuck whatever every ten seconds, it's a tad annoying.

And I used to play ball, so I know haw baseball works and the ins and outs, even when I'm f-in wasted.

Oh, and I love Oldstyle, I actually walk all the way to the top of the bleacher section just to get it b/c they only sell it at the one stand.

Brandon

post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-23-2008, 04:26 PM
Ex-Ninja

Sportbike: 04 Yamaha R1
Years Riding: 5 years
How you found us: Friend

Send a message via AIM to whitedawg Send a message via Yahoo to whitedawg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe_Froman View Post

*They sell more than Old Style in Wrigley.
*Many people claim to be die hards, but wouldn't know a 2-0 count from an 0-2 count.
*There is no excessive drinking at the cell.

I'd like to watch a game with you whitedawg. I like talking baseball at the game.
Some more opinions:
*Really?!?
*Die hards can not only tell you the difference between those counts, but they can tell you what pitch should come next and why, what the batter will do and where he will try to pull the ball, how the infield/outfield should shift, and at LEAST what the score of the game is
*You're right about the excessive drinking at Comiskey, there isn't ANY...oh wait...remember the father/son duo who beat up Gamboa (1st base coach for the Royals)? Yeah they were PLASTERED!

Also, anytime you want to watch AND talk baseball at a game, I'm in...kinda sick of bringing people who just ripped the tags off their first Sox/Cubs hat and want to learn about this exciting new thing we call baseball

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode