city folk - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-25-2008, 03:20 AM Thread Starter
The Benchwarmer

Sportbike: Ninja
Years Riding: Long
How you found us: Dong

city folk

i just wanna say that city folk are hermits and trying to get them to leave their comfy city living is far too dangerous. trying to get them to leave the city is like trying to get an old couple to leave their beach house in the middle of a hurricane. they make it seem if they were to leave their homestead they would be abandoning everything they hold dear to their hearts and would never see again. if you try to get someone from the city to hang out with you, any suggestion you make is followed by "uh huh,... fawk dat dude! why dont YOU come here and try to hang out at club xyz..."

in closing, try to come 5 miles out of the city. if you cant follow the yellow brick road to the smelly dank hangouts of suburbia just click your designer shoes 3x and youll magically appear back in your 900 sq ft condo/apartment you pay a premium to live in just like the triple markups you pay for the drinks in your shitty small overhyped, overcrowded clubs/bars.

heres to city dwellers

im not mad, but i have had some to drink and im just making an acute observation about city peeps

flame on!

Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest - Denis Diderot
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-25-2008, 03:26 AM

Sportbike: ninja
Years Riding: since I was a kid
How you found us: K.I.T.T.

I hate the city or anyplace in Chicago. Streets suck. Only good thing is walking downtown checking out chicks in business skirts.

You hear the moms bragging "oh, remember Lisa, shes living in the city, ya shes doing good. shes got a city job. Driving a cta bus. "
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-25-2008, 03:28 AM Thread Starter
The Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by taledarkside View Post
I hate the city or anyplace in Chicago. Streets suck. Only good thing is walking downtown checking out chicks in business skirts.

You hear the moms bragging "oh, remember Lisa, shes living in the city, ya shes doing good. shes got a city job. Driving a cta bus. "
haha yeaaaa theres some tail to look at. but if you're not out roaming for drunk skanky fake tail, then theres really no reason to party it up in the big C.

Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest - Denis Diderot
post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-25-2008, 04:06 AM
ask me about my jiu jitsu

Location: where they plant the seeds to grow the trees to make the sticks
Location: where they plant the seeds to grow the trees to make the sticks
Sportbike: 2002 ducati 748S, 2009 triumph speed triple
Years Riding: 13
How you found us: google

i hear you. i lived in suburbia for 4 years and i know first hand how it goes. getting my city friends to come out to visit was like pulling teeth. i try to be a conscientious city dweller and always make some sort of effort to get out to the sticks to see my friends at least once a week, if not more. so you see, we don't all suck.

"i'm a sweetheart, i'm a prom queen" - big black
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-25-2008, 06:07 AM
Your friendly Crazy Canuk

Sportbike: Ducati ST3 2005 Gloss Black, Monster 620, 2007 Sport Classic 1000
Years Riding: Crashing sucessfully since 1969
How you found us: Thru favorednation (ron)

Send a message via AIM to RickC1957 Send a message via Yahoo to RickC1957
I did big cities for 20 or so years...had my fill. I'm the opposite now Jeff, I hate leaving the suburbs, I like my quiet, boring little burb. I can leave the car unlocked, the house unlocked, I can leave my tools laying around while I make a run to the hardware store, the Starbucks, everyone knows my name, Wool Pub has great food, good beer, eye candy and I can walk there and back without the fear of being robbed at gunpoint or knife point. Yep I like my suburb

Sometimes goodbye is your second chance.
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-25-2008, 07:28 AM
BSB > WSBK > MotoGP

Sportbike: '02 GSXR 600 / '98 CBRF3
Years Riding: Since '03
How you found us: Google

I have the perfect setup: my 2 car house in the quiet suburbs which is a 15 minute walk to the train station versus my girlfriend's high-rise condo in the city which is a 15 minute walk to Soldier Field, the Musuem campus, Millenium Park, etc.

For as inconvient as it is to for one of us to be constantly packing clothes for a weel/weekend, it's great to have options. I highly recommend finding yourself a downtown girl to shack-up with As cool as Chicago is, I couldn't live there 24/7.

Jeff
NESBA #311
'02 GSXR600
'98
Smokin' Joe's F3
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-25-2008, 07:40 AM
Bop your way home...

Sportbike: Hypermotard
Years Riding: since 99'
How you found us: Googled "bullshit artists"

I want to live on a farm with goats and ponies, true story.

-Alan-
Balancing the Paradox
of Art and Profit
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-25-2008, 08:35 AM
Serious inquiries only

Sportbike: Specialized Allez Comp; Gkotlin's SV650
Years Riding: Always learning

Send a message via AIM to Mort82
Good post jeffy
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-25-2008, 09:10 AM
Former Chicagoian

Sportbike: 950 Super Enduro / FZ6 / 640 ADV
Years Riding: Never enough!
How you found us: SBN

LOL...if you can't appreciate what the ciy has to offer, you're missing out. Same goes for what the burbs have to offer I suppose. And if you can't appreciate the sticks then you're REALLY missing out. I grew up in the Adirondack mountains, live in the city, like to get out to the burbs every now and then but the burbs would definitly be the LAST place I would want to live....but if cozy, safe, and familiar is what makes you happy, have fun, just try not to flick off to many soccer moms!

Oh and about the high cost of living, you get paid more too. If you're smart, you can pocket the difference.

A superior rider uses superior judgment to avoid situations that require superior skill.
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-25-2008, 11:27 AM Thread Starter
The Benchwarmer

i have no problem with the city, i love the city. its just something ive noticed about people that live there, like colleen said trying to get them to leave and hang out somewhere other than the city is like pulling teeth. just take a look at the birthdays on here. when mine came up and i posted where i was headin the city folk all wanted to go to a club downtown where that ho kim kardashian was. in fact i think some even just dropped by for like an hour and retreated back into the city for some bars/clubs.

i cant be off my rocker here if some notice it too.

post #11 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-25-2008, 11:35 AM
Former Chicagoian

Sportbike: 950 Super Enduro / FZ6 / 640 ADV
Years Riding: Never enough!

I think it's way more common that the suburban people are impossible to get into the city...the city is too expensive, and traffic, and crowded, and it's so far and they will have to drive home, and waaa waaa waaaa. But I guess it goes both ways...

EDIT - burntash, I'm stuck at home working on my bike getting it ready for a long trip to the smokies starting Thursday, with plans to go to a party in the SUBURBS later tonight at a friend's house...that's my excuse for being online right now, what's yours??!!?!?!

A superior rider uses superior judgment to avoid situations that require superior skill.

Last edited by DefyInertia; 05-25-2008 at 11:38 AM.
post #12 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-25-2008, 11:40 AM Thread Starter
The Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefyInertia View Post
I think it's way more common that the suburban people are impossible to get into the city...the city is too expensive, and traffic, and crowded, and it's so far and they will have to drive home, and waaa waaa waaaa. But I guess it goes both ways...

EDIT - burntash, I'm stuck at home working on my bike getting it ready for a long trip to the smokies starting Thursday, with plans to go to a party in the SUBURBS later tonight at a friend's house...that's my excuse for being online right now, what's yours??!!?!?!
haha, for the record it is too expensive, too crowded, and shitty traffic. but any happening bar could be, just like the ones in downtown naperville when they get busy its shoulder to shoulder.

and im goin riding in a few minutes

post #13 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-25-2008, 11:44 AM

Sportbike: 08 gsx six fiddy F
Years Riding: 1
How you found us: forum link

I hate going to the city. You know your gonna run late with traffic. You know your blood pressure is gonna rise with all the assholes. You know your walking in to a free for all. You know its gonna be an expensive trip. You know there are NO rules. Everything about it is just a hassle to me. I cant say ive never had a good time but theres a price to pay for having that fun, MOST of the time, not all. I like living out in no were land. Plently of shopping malls withing a half hour, tons of places to go. Peacefull and not as much of a hassle to do spur of the moment things. Best part of all is you dont have kim jong il cutting you off in his taxi.

FLAME ON

2008 Suzuki gsx 650f.

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have"
Thomas Jefferson
post #14 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-25-2008, 04:02 PM
Cuddlie as a koala

Sportbike: Which bike?
Years Riding: Too long.
How you found us: Ken offered me money to join.

I just wish city people just freaking stay in the city areas and quit ruining the country life. Fucking annoys the hell out of me when some city dweller decideds to buy some land out in the country, build a house and then fucking bitch and moan about farmers out at 5am with their combines, the smells of different farms, how long it takes snow plows to plow the road they live on and a big FUCK YOU goes out to the assholes who buy prime farm land up to build developments.

BTW city people, before you go out 'hunting', learn what the game LOOKS like and quit shooting at anything that moves.
post #15 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-25-2008, 04:22 PM
Resurrection Janitor

Sportbike: 600RR
Years Riding: Since a week ago Thursday.
How you found us: Dead hooker's thigh tattoo.

Send a message via AIM to Streaker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. D View Post
I want to live on a farm with goats and ponies, true story.
Goats are cool, ponies are lame.

-Jim
post #16 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-25-2008, 04:31 PM
Bop your way home...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streaker View Post
Goats are cool, ponies are lame.
Goats are for me, Ponies are for the ladies.

I WILL own a pygmy goat in the next few years.

-Alan-
Balancing the Paradox
of Art and Profit
post #17 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-25-2008, 04:50 PM
Resurrection Janitor

PotBelly Pigs are cool too. They can be house trained and are known to be very smart.

-Jim
post #18 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-25-2008, 04:50 PM
Serious inquiries only

Sportbike: Specialized Allez Comp; Gkotlin's SV650
Years Riding: Always learning

Send a message via AIM to Mort82
Quote:
PotBelly Pigs are cool too. They can be house trained and are known to be very smart.
yup,

can you tell I'm a redneck?
post #19 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-25-2008, 04:53 PM
Bop your way home...

Quote:

Well, add Pot bellied pigs to list. Maybe a Llama and a donkey, definitely a donkey.

-Alan-
Balancing the Paradox
of Art and Profit
post #20 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-25-2008, 04:55 PM
Resurrection Janitor

I'd like an ass too.

-Jim
post #21 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-25-2008, 05:00 PM
Ex-Ninja

Sportbike: 04 Yamaha R1
Years Riding: 5 years
How you found us: Friend

Send a message via AIM to whitedawg Send a message via Yahoo to whitedawg
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefyInertia View Post
Ok I'm going to have to respectfully say that that's a crock of shit You hear people say all the time "I'm going into the city tonight," but when have you EVER heard..."Dude, tonight...I'm goin out to Tinley Park!"

I gotta say the mindset at the bars is completely different though. If I'm at a bar in the city, I know I got a 50/50 chance of at least meeting a girl who has some decent ambition...But in the suburbs, MOST (read, not all) of the girls I've met at bars are useless and the most that they will ever contribute to the world is a burning sensation between your thighs.
post #22 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-25-2008, 05:06 PM
Model citizen

Sportbike: ktm
Years Riding: a few

Can you train sheep? Cause I have an idea

Eric
post #23 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-25-2008, 05:06 PM Thread Starter
The Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitedawg View Post
Ok I'm going to have to respectfully say that that's a crock of shit You hear people say all the time "I'm going into the city tonight," but when have you EVER heard..."Dude, tonight...I'm goin out to Tinley Park!"

I gotta say the mindset at the bars is completely different though. If I'm at a bar in the city, I know I got a 50/50 chance of at least meeting a girl who has some decent ambition...But in the suburbs, MOST (read, not all) of the girls I've met at bars are useless and the most that they will ever contribute to the world is a burning sensation between your thighs.
first part, yes.

second part, i wouldnt say that. girls up in the city are all about club life, as are the guys. thats where the drunken hooking up and such happens. suburbian bars are more like the towns folk going to have some beers after work and be able to talk and maybe watch the game. clubs are loud and obxnious and you're dressed to impress because their entire niche is hookups. you are there strictly for pussy and you will pay out the ass in cover charges, beer, and attire to acquire that snatch.

but women are there to dance

post #24 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-25-2008, 08:22 PM

Sportbike: 08 YZ250F, 03 Tuono
Years Riding: Eh?
How you found us: .

turns out the city is a big place, something down here for anyone that takes the time to look.

clubs are clubs no matter where you go. most of us go to bars that they haven't heard of in schaumburg, and at the end of the night, my designated driver is there to take me home for $5.

i found all my favorite haunts in the city by accident. point and shoot city visits will never uncover the real gems.

<---- Patrick

Property of Evil Monkey Racing

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.

post #25 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-25-2008, 08:34 PM
Armed law abiding citizen

Sportbike: '74 Yamaha RD350
Years Riding: idk

The city scares me. I had to muster up all my courage just to drive to Maos house to pick up my tires.
post #26 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-25-2008, 08:38 PM
im the greek guy

Sportbike: Currently taking a break
Years Riding: not long enough
How you found us: the monkey made me do it

Send a message via AIM to Pete The Greek
hey just cuz i dont go out much doesnt mean you gotta make fun of me...

sometimes you need to run before you can walk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drama View Post
CLSB, where you find the truth about fat girls and blow jobs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
When I got mine it died quickly from playing with it all day, after a while I can make it last the whole day.
post #27 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-25-2008, 08:43 PM
its just what i do

Sportbike: bmw R1150R 2005 BMW Boxercup Rep.
Years Riding: 11 years total
How you found us: member

Send a message via Skype™ to CBRay
Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
turns out the city is a big place, something down here for anyone that takes the time to look.

clubs are clubs no matter where you go. most of us go to bars that they haven't heard of in schaumburg, and at the end of the night, my designated driver is there to take me home for $5.

i found all my favorite haunts in the city by accident. point and shoot city visits will never uncover the real gems.

wise words, pay attention jef

We'r all good loving people here....aren't we?
post #28 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-25-2008, 08:45 PM
Armed law abiding citizen

Sportbike: '74 Yamaha RD350
Years Riding: idk

Pete, when are you throwing that bash at your house? I want pictures of clsb hotties doing naughty things with the statues in your back yard.
post #29 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-25-2008, 08:46 PM
Zydrate addict

Sportbike: no more riding for me :(
Years Riding: ridin what?
How you found us: I lost a bet, this was my punishment

Send a message via AIM to Piercedqt78
I love the city, it's great for the clubs, people watching, shopping. But I love living in the burbs. It's nice to live less than 30 mins away and have the entire city at my finger tips, even if Dave won't go with me. And yes Jeffery most girls are at the clubs to hang with their girls and dance. It takes something really great to make a girl drop panties and give it up in that situation.

Edit: Hi Pete!

I don't ride, I cook!
post #30 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-25-2008, 10:07 PM
Ex-Ninja

Sportbike: 04 Yamaha R1
Years Riding: 5 years
How you found us: Friend

Send a message via AIM to whitedawg Send a message via Yahoo to whitedawg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piercedqt78 View Post
It takes something really great to make a girl drop panties and give it up in that situation.
<------Something really great

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode