please speak your mind. i am interested. - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 287 (permalink) Old 06-17-2008, 03:37 AM Thread Starter
YO MAMA

Sportbike: 2010 Electra Glide Police Edition 103cu
Years Riding: a long time!

please speak your mind. i am interested.

ok so things got heated today. what else is new when you get 6000 people together with an active 1000 people all the time.

i ask this of you all. i dont care how bad it is.

i dont care even if its me you wanna tear in ass into.

2 things.

make it public for all to see.

or send me a pm to discuss.

take the currect standings of CLSB into place, and take me and tonys stand points from day 1 for the last 6 years and voice yourself.

we are all adults. if you can talk to me as 1 even if you are pissed. i know i can talking to you too as an adult.

if you wanna complain about something feel free. but i ask you. find a way of what ever your problem is, and offer a solution that will help it and maybe others that might feel the same way.

i am trying so hard to hold on to this site, and find something to keep me going.

as of right now my morals and my feelings are in the gutter.

i KNOW i cant make everyone happy, and i know not everyone will click.

i just dont see the need to run and cry about it else where when i am always here open ears for you along with tony.

i know some might be to hard headed to understand when they are the problem but still 1 day you will come around to realize what it was and why we stand up for common sense and protecting others that dont have the balls or the nerve to go to bat. like i or tony does.

so please.

lets be constructive.

if you just wanna be an ass, keep it to that other other site.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 287 (permalink) Old 06-17-2008, 03:42 AM
yo quiero su taco

Sportbike: Honda CBR 954 blk/slvr
Years Riding: 10 years
How you found us: They found me. Follow the white rabbit.

My biggest complain with the site as of late is the constant threads about gear. The constant threads about squids on blue and white gixxers. The constant threads about SOW idiots.

First off, there is no helmet law in Illlinois. END OF FUCKING STORY!

Second, the motorcycle community is about counterculture and expression. If you can't deal with something the same, something different, something new, something old then go buy a set of Callaways and hit the country club.

Third, those SOW idiots were you just 10 or 20 or 30 years ago. In addition, we have some longtime, respected members who fit the profile of a SOW idiot, so just shut it about all that shit.

You guys sound like pretentious little girls when you bitch about the above.

"includes 10 used-car dealers or auto repair shops, 11 liquor stores and bars--two of which advertise lingerie fashion shows and a third billed as a "gentlemen's club"--three cut-rate motels and one trailer park. The squat, brick municipal building is next to a currency exchange and a few steps from an adult video store. The bars open at 10 a.m. and close at 6:30 a.m."

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
Something must be fishy...I am going to go poke around in the back end..

Last edited by whiteSeatEnvy; 06-17-2008 at 05:05 AM.
post #3 of 287 (permalink) Old 06-17-2008, 03:49 AM
yo quiero su taco

Fourth, you have new members posting strong opinions about things and then completely contradicting themselves just two posts later.

If you are going to mod people's posts, mod the inconsistencies in opinions. Have the mods point this shit out. They are smart enough to know when someone is talking smack.

"includes 10 used-car dealers or auto repair shops, 11 liquor stores and bars--two of which advertise lingerie fashion shows and a third billed as a "gentlemen's club"--three cut-rate motels and one trailer park. The squat, brick municipal building is next to a currency exchange and a few steps from an adult video store. The bars open at 10 a.m. and close at 6:30 a.m."

Quote:

Last edited by whiteSeatEnvy; 06-17-2008 at 03:52 AM.
post #4 of 287 (permalink) Old 06-17-2008, 03:55 AM
yo quiero su taco

Fifth, can the "I Crashed My Shit Again" threads. Just delete that shit. No one wants to know you balled your shit up again. If you crash, keep it to yourself. Tell your loved ones and friends, not the whole fucking board with 10 pages of "Get Better Soon, You'll be Riding Soon".

That shit is depressing and a fucking killjoy like you have no idea. For those that love to ride, we really don't want to hear how your inept, no skilled, shouldn't be on a motorcycle in the first place, stupid ass balled up your shit. You suck as a rider and we all know it, don't post your sorry ass on the board, moron.

Quote:

Last edited by whiteSeatEnvy; 06-17-2008 at 05:06 AM.
post #5 of 287 (permalink) Old 06-17-2008, 04:03 AM
yo quiero su taco

Sixth, we don't care about all the goings on in your life. Great, you washed your kitchen floor. Or sodded your front lawn. Or had a fight with your sister, neighbor, cousin. This isn't the Lifetime channel. This isn't a fucking bible study. This is a motorcycle board. If you want to post that shit, find a forum that gives a crap.

Quote:
post #6 of 287 (permalink) Old 06-17-2008, 04:07 AM

Sportbike: 2002 Turbo Hayabusa
Years Riding: Lost Track
How you found us: Tony

Let me be the first to say I don't know what the hell you're talking about.

Second, who pissed on somebody's Cheerios?

Dave
post #7 of 287 (permalink) Old 06-17-2008, 04:08 AM
yo quiero su taco

Seventh, the economy is bad. People are on hard times. Whether you believe it or not, we were running on debt and people are trying to pay that shit off. Have some fucking tact. Go post your shit on cardomain or some other dedicated site. Do you see people posting up their bank account statement? No, because it is completely pretention and rude. Have some humility.

Quote:

Last edited by whiteSeatEnvy; 06-17-2008 at 04:11 AM.
post #8 of 287 (permalink) Old 06-17-2008, 04:10 AM
yo quiero su taco

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusaDave View Post
Let me be the first to say I don't know what the hell you're talking about.

Second, who pissed on somebody's Cheerios?
Well then you are part of the problem. You are or were a mod and you have no idea what the hell is going on on your site. Poeple are jumping ship and you have no idea.

Quote:
post #9 of 287 (permalink) Old 06-17-2008, 04:10 AM Thread Starter
YO MAMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteSeatEnvy View Post
My biggest complain with the site as of late is the constant threads about gear. The constant threads about blue and white gixxers. The constant threads about SOW idiots.

Second, the motorcycle community is about counterculture and expression. If you can't deal with something different, something new, then go buy a set of Callaways and hit the country club.

Third, those SOW idiots were you just 10 or 20 or 30 years ago. In addition, we have some longtime, respected members who fit the profile of a SOW idiot, so just shut it about all that shit.

You guys sound like pretention little girls when you bitch about the above.

1st off thank you for talking back and forth about some of these issues and others.

as you can see ive been up since 7am working and then still on CLSB and i have had my dick knocked into the dirt on here for all i do.

but i understand what you mean and how you mean it thought your style of putting it WSE

i admit and ill use myself as example, after awhile i have done so much that i have grown tired of squids myself. which i don't go out there as much anymore hitting them upside the head trying to get them to calm down and get to the right place. i feel back then and even now those that grown past the animosity of hating my speeches of safety have grown to preach it for the betterment of others.

while it might work in the long run. it doesnt help the morality of the issue at hand at that time.

still to this day i remember the rolling of eyes. the cringe of "oh god not again"

so i eased up. but year after year with CLSB doors being open and the influx of new members. you see this will never go away.

old timers get tired. new comers get screwed if i dont continue this constant update of information.

the biggest thing i see reall at hand is. the older members know. they know me and how the site works and what its for. and after a while us long time members are having so much fun with each other that each time these things happens.

"and ill be frank"

newbies wadding it up, and we tell them gear up, you should have started on a smaller bike etc and all the good stuff.

the older members are like OH GOD i lived through this already. shut it already.

then we have older members trying to help new members/new riders and the "balance" of fun and education is a line that gets heated.

this will always happen while our doors ARE open.

i never want to close them. me and tony and so many others want to help new people.

so where is the balance? what solution can you offer to off set this?

do you agree this is 1 of the biggest issues we have.

forget about going off for going off sakes and totally having a shit talking fest cause lord knows we have had those. but i feel and its proven now for a fact.

when given the opportunity to slam people any way in any manner. that line continues to be crossed in other aspects and people/members we deal with.

dont you agree? if you do. then what do we do. make a total flame fest forum?

if you say yes, years ago we thought about this and we agreed, there is no way for people to control 1 side of them in a certain area, then act normal in another.

the temptation and deviant nature will eventually get out of that secluded area.

think i am wrong? then look at some other sites that are the premise for there
egsistance.

i am not trying to stroke my own ego. its proven. people have left for certain reasons that they didnt agree with. and as they grow they replicate what CLSB is and stands for "which is good" but there comes a time when fun and games are over and there is other people to consider and bring awareness to them.

thats what we stand for, or I and tony.

i am trying to find a balance. if i didnt.

i would have banned 25 trouble makers. small % to loose would you agree out of 6000.

maybe it puts it in effect just how much you guys mean to us.

if you didnt me and tony would have pulled the plug years ago.

please continue to discuss. just offer solutions please to your issues that you see will work for the benefit of all.

there is always going to be stupid ass quirks. but when you have a major issues that a ton of people are on the same path on. then we CAN address them with adult conversations. and level heads.

cause god knows i can be a cock sucker if i am pushed to far just like anyone else.

its just that i shouldn't! because there is so many people that follow me, that they relay on me to be this way cause i am there protector.

post #10 of 287 (permalink) Old 06-17-2008, 04:11 AM Thread Starter
YO MAMA

Quote:
Fourth, you have new members posting strong opinions about things and then completely contradicting themselves just two posts later.

If you are going to mod people's posts, mod the inconsistencies in opinions. Have the mods point this shit out. They are smart enough to know when someone is talking smack.
i see that all the time.

but i am starting to learn. you members need to address that. why? cause the staff including myself always looks like the bad guys.

and i dont like being a bad guy.

post #11 of 287 (permalink) Old 06-17-2008, 04:13 AM

Quote:
Well then you are part of the problem. You are or were a mod and you have no idea what the hell is going on on your site.
You're the one doing the bitching. You may not have noticed that not only am I not a mod, nor have been for quite some time, but I don't particularly participate that much either.

Dave
post #12 of 287 (permalink) Old 06-17-2008, 04:16 AM
yo quiero su taco

Quote:
You're the one doing the bitching. You may not have noticed that not only am I not a mod, nor have been for quite some time, but I don't particularly participate that much either.
So, you don't participate, but you feel the need to post up now. Ask yourself, was that the right thing to do? Ken, this is what I was talking about in my PM. Your mods are not an invisible hand.

Quote:
post #13 of 287 (permalink) Old 06-17-2008, 04:19 AM Thread Starter
YO MAMA

Quote:
Fifth, can the "I Crashed My Shit" threads. Just delete that shit. No one wants to know you balled your shit up again. If you crash, keep it to yourself. Tell your loved ones and friends, not the whole fucking board with 10 pages of "Get Better Soon, You'll be Riding Soon".

That shit is depressing and a fucking killjoy like you have no idea. For those that love to ride, we really don't want to hear how your inept, no skilled, shouldn't be on a motorcycle in the first place, stupid ass balled up your shit. You suck as a rider and we all know it, don't post your sorry ass on the board, moron.
sometimes accidents happen even to the best. i hope you dont say that to me when i ball it and i wish to share with CLSB my family what happened to me when i need comfort. which is why i feel its done in the 1st place.

Quote:
Sixth, we don't care about all the goings on in your life. Great, you washed your kitchen floor. Or sodded your front lawn. Or had a fight with your sister, neighbor, cousin. This isn't the Lifetime channel. This isn't a fucking bible study. This is a motorcycle board. If you want to post that shit, find a forum that gives a crap.
ahh we are people. and there is more to us then just bikes.
maybe search certain forums that you only care to read? remember there is that option. i am starting to wonder, if your bitter in general, cause it seems your going off on everything that is life related?
if you had a few to drink brow, lets talk tomorrow.

Quote:
Seventh, the economy is bad. People are on hard times. Whether you believe it or not, we were running on debt and people are trying to pay that shit off. Have some fucking tact. Go post your shit on cardomain or some other dedicated site. Do you see people posting up their bank account statement? No, because it is completely pretention and rude. Have some humility.
i know who you are talking about. thats 1 guys and you need to focus that to that person if you have a beef. CLSB is not and never will be about 1 person. me included.

Quote:
Well then you are part of the problem. You are or were a mod and you have no idea what the hell is going on on your site. Poeple are jumping ship and you have no idea.

dave hasnt been a mod on a long time and doesn't read every thread like a small % of us that really get into everything around here.

not his fault or anyones. its his desires of what he wishes to engage in. the same respects we all have or choose to.

post #14 of 287 (permalink) Old 06-17-2008, 04:20 AM

Quote:
So, you don't participate, but you feel the need to post up now. Ask yourself, was that the right thing to do? Ken, this is what I was talking about in my PM. Your mods are not an invisible hand.
I'm not a mod, nor have been for some time.

Count this attitude among those why I don't participate that much.

Dave
post #15 of 287 (permalink) Old 06-17-2008, 04:33 AM Thread Starter
YO MAMA

Quote:
I'm not a mod, nor have been for some time.

Count this attitude among those why I don't participate that much.
i understand you dave.

well i gotta get some sleep i am really tired.

just remember this site is what you make of it everyone.

if you turn your back on it, then its you i feel that has failed.

this site was created for us, and maintained under normal common sense. not some natzi fuck stick.

all you have to do is talk to me or tony, with what you feel is a problem and how to make your problem into a solution that the masses can deal with.

and please excuse me if i cant hold your hand all the time to make you fully understand certain things. i have learned to let GO a lot and allow you to figure things out on your own. even plain full things cause in life those are the lessons that stick in our minds the best.

it just pains me because i tried to steer you clear of it.

but i know there is a few hundred people i know for a fact reading this thinking YEP you were right. thanks for warning me but i still had to do it my way. but i wish i didnt do it.

most of all thank you for sharing it with me to become a better teacher if anything a guiding hand.

good night.

post #16 of 287 (permalink) Old 06-17-2008, 05:03 AM

Sportbike: suzuki GSXR 600
Years Riding: 4
How you found us: MEMBER

Ok...it took me a while to read all that, but honestly i believe that everyone has a right to say whatever they want, as long as its in the limits. now what are the limits? people should know themselves...and if someone do post something outrageous then the Mods should delete it and contact the member. When i first bought my bike i only had a helmet which i baely wore(only on the higways), but after reading the forums about how people got into accidents and thier situation afterwards, i now wear a helmet and jacket every single time, even if its for a neighborhood cruise. Thnx to all you guys who talks about safety.

I dont wana be on anyone's badside, but honestly there is a heading on the forum, and if you don't wana read something don't do it. i go through some forums and the one's i dont wana read, i don't.

Now people talking crap about other people issue, i would request to Tony and Ken to get some more mods, who can take care of those issues.

ok its like 4 in the morning and i need to go to sleep...
everyone plz chill out!!!!

Nite Rider
post #17 of 287 (permalink) Old 06-17-2008, 05:11 AM

Sportbike: suzuki GSXR 600
Years Riding: 4
How you found us: MEMBER

people plz calm down, this forum is to resolve issues not to create more!!! we are adults so we should act like...

Nite Rider
post #18 of 287 (permalink) Old 06-17-2008, 05:13 AM
yo quiero su taco

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqrly View Post
First; I crashed my shit and wrecked my ball. I posted it because I was bragging that I lived instead of dieing, like most would have.

Second; I am a very competitive person. So, for as sucky of a rider as I am, I challenge you to a competition. What do you want to do? In the city, In the burbs, In the country, On the track, In a corn field, Gravel roads, Drag race, Stoppies, Burnouts, You name it!

Third; If you want to step the fuck down and call truce, nothing will ever be mentioned again.

Sqrly out!
Sqrly, knock it off. I am not attacking you personally. If you see my edit, it says "crashed my shit again".

I am referring to a particular instances. I think most can figure it out.

Quote:

Last edited by whiteSeatEnvy; 06-17-2008 at 05:38 AM.
post #19 of 287 (permalink) Old 06-17-2008, 05:21 AM
yo quiero su taco

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqrly View Post
Well I have know idea who you are referring to right now and I don't really care. I just happen to know of myself and three other highly skilled riders that have crashed recently(not all of them on here). You just hit a chord, Sorry.
Well guess what, it hits a chord with me too.

Quote:
post #20 of 287 (permalink) Old 06-17-2008, 05:21 AM
Highspeed ditch inspector

Sportbike: CB-360, RST Futura, 96/97/98/99 compilation of gixxers into one trackbike.
Years Riding: Since 2000
How you found us: Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiteRider View Post
people plz calm down, this forum is to resolve issues not to create more!!! we are adults so we should act like...
Yes mommy.

!!!!!!!(.)(.)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!). (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!( y )!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Garage
post #21 of 287 (permalink) Old 06-17-2008, 05:26 AM
yo quiero su taco

I reread my posts. Sixth could probably be deleted. That was just me bitching. That one I take back.

Quote:
post #22 of 287 (permalink) Old 06-17-2008, 05:39 AM

Sportbike: 97 yzf1000, 05 ZX10R
Years Riding: 100,000 + miles
How you found us: friend

Quote:
Don't you just hate when that happens

Sorry, I couldn't help myself
post #23 of 287 (permalink) Old 06-17-2008, 05:59 AM
Hot-Wire Her With A Pin

Sportbike: Blue Mini Cooper
Years Riding: Done for now
How you found us: Bad weather bikers

Send a message via Yahoo to Paladin
I have no issues with the site or people. It's simple I stay out of the threads that do not interest me.

That being said WSE has a few valid points but you are going to have issues within any community and this one is pretty diverse.

BTW I bought some really cool drywall screws to patch a hole.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bug View Post
I will sock ya square in your snot locker if you EVER use the term "Bron Bron" in my presence - BAHLEEDAT
post #24 of 287 (permalink) Old 06-17-2008, 07:31 AM
Failed rehab

Sportbike: Striple
Years Riding: Dunno, awhile?
How you found us: DML

Send a message via AIM to Rob, Esq. Send a message via MSN to Rob, Esq.
Quote:
My biggest complain with the site as of late is the constant threads about gear. The constant threads about squids on blue and white gixxers. The constant threads about SOW idiots.

Second, the motorcycle community is about counterculture and expression. If you can't deal with something the same, something different, something new, something old then go buy a set of Callaways and hit the country club.

You guys sound like pretentious little girls when you bitch about the above.
So, You should be able to express yourself, just so long as you don't post anything about oil, gear, squids, home improvement, your latest bike bling, helmet laws, Gixxers, or your latest crash and what you learned from it.

Quote:

Brilliant illustration of the point.

Callaway does make some nice clubs.....

Attorney-at-Law: Doing my part to contribute to the downfall of western society.
post #25 of 287 (permalink) Old 06-17-2008, 07:33 AM
rider, rider, racer, ride

Sportbike: Street: 2007 Hayabusa, Track: 2005 R6
Years Riding: Long enough to know there is a lot to learn
How you found us: Moses told me

Send a message via AIM to bluebusa07 Send a message via Yahoo to bluebusa07
Quote:
Fifth, can the "I Crashed My Shit Again" threads. Just delete that shit. No one wants to know you balled your shit up again. If you crash, keep it to yourself. Tell your loved ones and friends, not the whole fucking board with 10 pages of "Get Better Soon, You'll be Riding Soon".

These threads can add a positive value to the site when the individual explains what happened, what they did wrong, and then they receive feedback on how to avoid it next time. Not just to the individual that has wrecked but riders, like myself, who read them and store that info for the next time they are in that situation. And for those who are just in freak accidents, they post it because alot of us are friends both on and off the board and its easier than making 50 phone calls from the hospital. Just my
post #26 of 287 (permalink) Old 06-17-2008, 07:52 AM
Failed rehab

Sportbike: Striple
Years Riding: Dunno, awhile?
How you found us: DML

Send a message via AIM to Rob, Esq. Send a message via MSN to Rob, Esq.
My opinion:

You know I didn't like the NESBA gestapo days, or when we couldn't say a word about a sponsor no matter how fucked up they were. *cough, CCC cough*

Now that those days are gone, its all gravy. For the stuff I don't want to pay attention to, I utilize the 'ignore' function, both in VBulletin and in my own brain. Imagine that!

Attorney-at-Law: Doing my part to contribute to the downfall of western society.
post #27 of 287 (permalink) Old 06-17-2008, 08:29 AM
Fast Old Fart on a Bike

Sportbike: 2001 Ducati S4 / '06 WRX STI Tow Vehicle
Years Riding: Since 1966
How you found us: SBN

Send a message via AIM to tripod
Ya know, aside from bashing, I think pretty much everything is OK.
No one forces you to read about another crash, but there is a lesson to be learned from each get off, and the new riders especially need to hear how experience riders go down.
If you don't care for a thread, don't read it, and don't comment on it, and grow a thicker skin. Not everything said is a bash, and not every thread is meant to start a pissing match.
I find the site very enjoyable, have met some nice people, and stay away from trolls.

Live Fast, Die Young, Have a good looking corpse.
post #28 of 287 (permalink) Old 06-17-2008, 08:31 AM
King Nothing

Sportbike: I ride Ur Mom
Years Riding: As long as Ive known Ur Mom
How you found us: u found me

I really dont see the problem with ANY of the discussions that happen on this site. Different people interact in different ways. Sometimes I choose to be a smart-ass with comments, sometimes I choose to be a gear Nazi.....

Threads about peeps crashing etc, are a good thing IMO. Newbies who havent crashed yet, might get a reality check out of it.

Blaming cagers for the crashes - I dont so much agree with. EVERY accident I have EVER been in, in retrospect was MY FAULT for letting factors build to cause the accident or not paying the fuck attention.

Say what you will about the ancillary posts that are non-motorcycle related.....I call them ancillary cuz I think they are neccessary to support the function and set the tone for the rest of the site - many side conversations result in humor, disagreements etc., but can entertain a large diverse audience - If you dont like these conversations, dont read them. Its that simple. No one is forcing anyone to read A SINGLE post on this site.

I think the camaraderie, the friends Ive made and the people Ive met are all worth the extra fluff.

For the record - Yes I am one of those A-holes who preaches gear, and I am one of those A-Holes who was a squid when I was younger - The reason I am so passionate about it is because I consider myself LUCKY to be alive and unlucky to have witnessed some of the gore I witnessed in my life....I really just care about other motorcyclists (Be they "squids" or not) and want to try to help them.

"When in doubt, use full throttle. It may not improve your situation, but it will end the suspense."
post #29 of 287 (permalink) Old 06-17-2008, 08:33 AM
Serious inquiries only

Sportbike: Specialized Allez Comp; Gkotlin's SV650
Years Riding: Always learning
How you found us: Google

Send a message via AIM to Mort82
I'm sick of a few things. The bitching and whining coming from everyone, and the lack of respect to me and my needs of wanting to ride a girls bike. If one of you is so self conscience that you need to come up to me and criticize me and my bike and my gear because you aren't happy with yourself, so be it. Hopefully you asshats can decipher what a fucking analogy is.
post #30 of 287 (permalink) Old 06-17-2008, 08:37 AM
King Nothing

Sportbike: I ride Ur Mom
Years Riding: As long as Ive known Ur Mom
How you found us: u found me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mort82 View Post
I'm sick of a few things. The bitching and whining coming from everyone, and the lack of respect to me and my needs of wanting to ride a girls bike. If one of you is so self conscience that you need to come up to me and criticize me and my bike and my gear because you aren't happy with yourself, so be it. Hopefully you asshats can decipher what a fucking analogy is.
WAT?

"When in doubt, use full throttle. It may not improve your situation, but it will end the suspense."

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode