06 gsxr 1k problems - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-25-2008, 02:56 AM Thread Starter

06 gsxr 1k problems

hey guys in mot a nweb but for some reason it wont let me post. i think my account was disabled by the admins. my username is colloso if anybody wants to help me figure that one out, but on a much more serious note...

IM STUPID. my bike worked perfectly fine but i decided to take a look at my spark plugs. i took off the airbox as well as all the accompanying hoses and sensors. pulled off the coil and unscrewed the plug. i went away and my buddy NOTE: retard, decided to start the engine. i come back and NOTE: retard, admire the cool sound of only 3 cylinders firing. after the bike is back together i realize i probably filled the cylinder with gas... and i didnt put the bike back together until about a week later. now when i start it, it idles badly. in fact it sputters at all rev ranges and wont idle. when i let off the throttle it cuts out.

any help?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-25-2008, 06:40 AM
Thee original azzhole!

Sportbike: 97 900rr-rip 09/09, 69 chevelle SS, & ???
Years Riding: it doesnt matter
How you found us: i see all

Send a message via AIM to Thunderstruck
it almost sounds like a few spark plugs wires might have been switched around when they plug back into the head...make sure u have the right wire plugs on the right cylinders...this would also cause this problem, as it would in a car...so double check that...

...plus my gf was with me saying "omg slow down, slow down" and I was thinking "Lose annoying squalk box in passenger seat, afford more mods and have less weight in the car and on the back of the bike"...so i dumped her and I'm single again as usual...HERE KITTY KITTY!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch View Post
pussy is the root of all evil...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunny View Post
mmmm pussy
You dont like me....i dont give a fuck...cause i'll still put ya in the hospital...me tollerating you is all that matters...
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-25-2008, 06:48 AM

Sportbike: '03 Gsxr 1000, '04 Zuma,07 GSXR 600 trackbike
Years Riding: june 2007, since new,july '10
How you found us: friend

Send a message via AIM to Pilotx1 Send a message via Yahoo to Pilotx1
redo entire operation minus retarded friend. make sure all hoses are in proper locations, all wires go to their proper plugs, all coils are firmly seated on plugs. without a spark plug that cylinder wont flood with the engine running, the liquid gets pumped out the spark plug hole with each upstroke.

-Jason
CCS AM #31
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-25-2008, 08:10 PM Thread Starter

okay. im gonna try it right now
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-25-2008, 09:58 PM Thread Starter

okay. so when i FIRST pulled the plug out (back when the bike worked perfectly) it looked great. i put it back in, the bike didnt run well, i pulled all of the plugs back out and they're covered in some kinda black residue. like if you took a lighter to a fork or something like that.

any suggestions? i already know i have to replace the plugs now but does anyone know what i did wrong to make that happen?
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-26-2008, 06:41 AM

the black stuff is carbon.
i would seriously ask retarded friend if anything was put into the engine then it was run without the plug

was the coil module still hooked up to its ignition wires when he ran it, im concernec the high voltage discharge might have screwed something up

once youre done redoing everything try disconnecting the battery for a minute or 2 this should clear the computer of any trouble codes hopefully.

-Jason
CCS AM #31
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-26-2008, 07:31 AM
C2M
ǝɹoɯʎuɐ ʞɔnɟ ɐ sǝʌıƃ oɥʍ

Sportbike: 636/ zzr600/ r6
Years Riding: Since 07
How you found us: bathroom stall

Note to self never let friends that wanna hear the bike around when it is in pieces

go time traveler style and go back in time, fuck his grandma, then shoot forward in time and then fuck his mom. Then return back to present state and call him a the product of two incest whores and hes your son and show video of you plowing the both members of his family. .
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-26-2008, 08:07 AM

oh yea...

you need to kick this friend in the nuts if you havent already, if you have do it again to refresh the lesson

-Jason
CCS AM #31
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-26-2008, 08:13 AM
YO MAMA

Sportbike: 2010 Electra Glide Police Edition 103cu
Years Riding: a long time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by limitdone View Post
hey guys in mot a nweb but for some reason it wont let me post. i think my account was disabled by the admins. my username is colloso if anybody wants to help me figure that one out, but on a much more serious note...

IM STUPID.
i am 1 of the admins here, i just checked your account. you never activated your account by checking your e-mails for the confirmation e-mail that gets sent out automatically for new users to confirm there registration.

so ahh your accusation is

good luck getting your bike fixed.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode