waste management strike? - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-16-2008, 10:58 AM Thread Starter
Thee original azzhole!

Sportbike: 97 900rr-rip 09/09, 69 chevelle SS, & ???
Years Riding: it doesnt matter
How you found us: i see all

Send a message via AIM to Thunderstruck
waste management strike?

so I thought these guys were going on strike? I'm glad they are not cause off all the dmege to the flooded houses. Got our guy pickin up right now at work. They do a job must people wouldn't thnk about doing and smelling andvdealing with shit... They want a raise, I say give it to them

...plus my gf was with me saying "omg slow down, slow down" and I was thinking "Lose annoying squalk box in passenger seat, afford more mods and have less weight in the car and on the back of the bike"...so i dumped her and I'm single again as usual...HERE KITTY KITTY!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch View Post
pussy is the root of all evil...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunny View Post
mmmm pussy
You dont like me....i dont give a fuck...cause i'll still put ya in the hospital...me tollerating you is all that matters...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-16-2008, 11:00 AM
K.I.S.S

Sportbike: CBR600RR & H-D Softail Custom
Years Riding: almost as long as it took to fill this out
How you found us: through a miracle

Send a message via AIM to MikeD
i dont know what they are makeing these days so i cant say anything.

Willard: When I was home after my first tour, it was worse. I'd wake up and there'd be nothing. I hardly said a word to my wife, until I said "yes" to a divorce. When I was here, I wanted to be there; when I was there, all I could think of was getting back into the jungle.
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-16-2008, 11:01 AM
B.O.B

Sportbike: 'nana.
Years Riding: Look at my join date, ruh-tard.
How you found us: SBN?

Send a message via AIM to EndlessRR
I'd pick up garbage for 60k a year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G2G
No one says you have to get drunk everytime you drink.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoodles
Isn't that like having sex and not finishing though?
post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-16-2008, 11:02 AM

Sportbike: '04 CBR 600RR
Years Riding: days
How you found us: youngkow's monkey ass

gawdamn Sopranos!
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-16-2008, 11:04 AM

Sportbike: Ask my wife
Years Riding: a while
How you found us: google

The hell with that those guys are making 60k plus for a job that requires no education. I had a friend that paid his way through college working for WM or one of the other big collectors. They keep complaining and they'll just get replaced with immigrant labor. This is the problem with our country everyone thinks they're entitled we all want to work a half day for 2 days pay and we wonder why our economy sucks.

My Gear saved my life.

Click here for really good coffee
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-16-2008, 11:05 AM

Sportbike: Squat
Years Riding: More then one hands worth.
How you found us: Your Mother

Send a message via AIM to MM Racing
Unions FTL

Ian
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-16-2008, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Unions FTL
+1
lets continue to reward mediocrity

My Gear saved my life.

post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-16-2008, 11:22 AM

Sportbike: 96 zx7r
Years Riding: long time
How you found us: tasty, if a bit overcooked

I was home one day and watched our garbage get picked up. He was talking on his cell phone the whole time. Can't be too hard, gimme a break.
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-16-2008, 11:28 AM
Pringles can user

Sportbike: 2005 YZ250
Years Riding: 1977
How you found us: Geo

Its a shitty job, youve got to deal with weather, when its 100 or 20 below out, heavy ass shit, blow your back out youre screwed. Most cdl truck drivers are at over 20$ an hr as it is. If its so easy then why isnt everyone signing up. I would blow my head off if everyday i got up i had to deal with fucked up cans and bags with shitty diapers, bloody maxi pads, stinking garbage. screw that.

Whos at work right now on Clsb typing on the clock, its no different then some dude on his cell phone.
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-16-2008, 11:29 AM
B.O.B

I haz an idea.

Starting Thursday, don't put your cans on the street, let them walk over and get it themselves. YEA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by G2G

Quote:
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-16-2008, 11:29 AM
B.O.B

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnat View Post
Its a shitty job, youve got to deal with weather, when its 100 or 20 below out, heavy ass shit, blow your back out youre screwed. Most cdl truck drivers are at over 20$ an hr as it is. If its so easy then why isnt everyone signing up. I would blow my head off if everyday i got up i had to deal with fucked up cans and bags with shitty diapers, bloody maxi pads, stinking garbage. screw that.

Whos at work right now on Clsb typing on the clock, its no different then some dude on his cell phone.
Srsly. Only ex gangbangers that still smoke pot become garbage men.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G2G

Quote:
post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-16-2008, 11:40 AM

Sportbike: A couple
Years Riding: too long to have any sense
How you found us: NESBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM Racing View Post
Unions FTL
I don't know.

Life pretty much sucked and there was no middle class at all before Organized Labor came along in the late 1800's / early 1900's. 12-16 hour workdays 6 days a week and barely enough to feed you and your family in the pay envelope. Read some Upton Sinclair or something from that time period to get the feel for what it was like to live and work before unions.

Not to say that I agree with everything unions have done, but in all, they have contributed much to American society over the last 100 years. 8 hour workdays, 5 day work weeks, middle class incomes. None of us would enjoy these things without the hard won battles of organized labor.

In fact, Reagan's assault on unions beginning with the Air Traffic Controllers affair in 1981 was the start of the decline in middle class incomes and quality of life for all of us.

Not that Reagan acted outside the law, but his actions and his appointments to the NLRB and Federal Judges set a tone and caused corporations across the spectrum to start busting unions and generally attack organized labor across the board, in the media, at the bargaining table, and in Congress.

Contract negotiations take two parties to agree. Most management only thinks about the short term, and thus agree to contracts that hurt the business in the long run.

I can't fault the union for trying to get their members the best deal. That's what they are there for.

But the corruption, etc. - I'm not OK with that. From either side.

Craig
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-16-2008, 11:50 AM
The Victim Newbie

Sportbike: 2007 mountain bike
Years Riding: just started
How you found us: svrider.com

Send a message via AIM to clearwaterms Send a message via MSN to clearwaterms Send a message via Yahoo to clearwaterms
Quote:
Originally Posted by beac83 View Post
I don't know.

Life pretty much sucked and there was no middle class at all before Organized Labor came along in the late 1800's / early 1900's. 12-16 hour workdays 6 days a week and barely enough to feed you and your family in the pay envelope. Read some Upton Sinclair or something from that time period to get the feel for what it was like to live and work before unions.

Not to say that I agree with everything unions have done, but in all, they have contributed much to American society over the last 100 years. 8 hour workdays, 5 day work weeks, middle class incomes. None of us would enjoy these things without the hard won battles of organized labor.

In fact, Reagan's assault on unions beginning with the Air Traffic Controllers affair in 1981 was the start of the decline in middle class incomes and quality of life for all of us.

Not that Reagan acted outside the law, but his actions and his appointments to the NLRB and Federal Judges set a tone and caused corporations across the spectrum to start busting unions and generally attack organized labor across the board, in the media, at the bargaining table, and in Congress.

Contract negotiations take two parties to agree. Most management only thinks about the short term, and thus agree to contracts that hurt the business in the long run.

I can't fault the union for trying to get their members the best deal. That's what they are there for.

But the corruption, etc. - I'm not OK with that. From either side.
you forget that CLSB is VERY right wing. Give me my guns and my money and fuck everybody else.

<-- Chris

turn the bars left and go right; that just isn't right
post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-16-2008, 12:20 PM
Pringles can user

Sportbike: 2005 YZ250
Years Riding: 1977
How you found us: Geo

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndlessRR View Post
Srsly. Only ex gangbangers that still smoke pot become garbage men.
if theyre smokin they wont last too long due to the Cdl requirements of mandatory random drug tests, you guys are harsh. Thats a unfair statement to generalize all of them as ex-gangbangers man, alot of those guys are just uneducated and fell into driving a truck, it doesnt make then losers. My old man was a truck driver local 705 teamsters he did local pickups and deliverys, we would have been in the poor house had it not been for the union, back in 1979 he had a double bypass and was off for like 6 months, if he wasnt covered by the union we would have lost our house and maybe had to go out and suck dick for money. My old man dropped out of high school at 15 yrs old when his dad died and started working. he didnt get hs ged until 1980 when he was 41 yrs old. he had to retire at 55 due to getting hep c from his heart surgery. That union pension he paid into is paying off now. hes got a pretty good life at 70.
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-16-2008, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clearwaterms View Post
you forget that CLSB is VERY right wing. Give me my guns and my money and fuck everybody else.
And we wouldn't be able to enjoy those things without the presence of Organized Labor for the last 100 years. No time to play, no money for bikes and guns, no money at all.

Craig
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-16-2008, 12:40 PM
The Victim Newbie

Send a message via AIM to clearwaterms Send a message via MSN to clearwaterms Send a message via Yahoo to clearwaterms
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnat View Post
if theyre smokin they wont last too long due to the Cdl requirements of mandatory random drug tests, you guys are harsh. Thats a unfair statement to generalize all of them as ex-gangbangers man, alot of those guys are just uneducated and fell into driving a truck, it doesnt make then losers. My old man was a truck driver local 705 teamsters he did local pickups and deliverys, we would have been in the poor house had it not been for the union, back in 1979 he had a double bypass and was off for like 6 months, if he wasnt covered by the union we would have lost our house and maybe had to go out and suck dick for money. My old man dropped out of high school at 15 yrs old when his dad died and started working. he didnt get hs ged until 1980 when he was 41 yrs old. he had to retire at 55 due to getting hep c from his heart surgery. That union pension he paid into is paying off now. hes got a pretty good life at 70.
another thing, when the teamsters had the "family" running it, the pension fund was always over funded, and there was no shortage, now look at it, big business seems to run like big government.

<-- Chris

post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-16-2008, 12:43 PM
The Victim Newbie

Quote:
And we wouldn't be able to enjoy those things without the presence of Organized Labor for the last 100 years. No time to play, no money for bikes and guns, no money at all.
i agree with you, the point I was trying to make (and I will admit, it was a very tongue in cheek way) was that CLSB is very conservative. Generally speaking Unions are more of a democratic alignment (meaning democrats vs. republicans)

<-- Chris

post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-16-2008, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clearwaterms View Post
i agree with you, the point I was trying to make (and I will admit, it was a very tongue in cheek way) was that CLSB is very conservative. Generally speaking Unions are more of a democratic alignment (meaning democrats vs. republicans)
Yea, I caught that.

I'm something of a history buff, and I was just pointing out some historical facts.

I'm pretty much over the political party stuff. Not much difference between them, so I just do candidate by candidate evals. Usually boils down the to the lesser of 2 evils. Especially here in Illinois/Cook County/Chicago.

Craig
post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-16-2008, 01:14 PM
The Victim Newbie

Quote:
Yea, I caught that.

I'm something of a history buff, and I was just pointing out some historical facts.

I'm pretty much over the political party stuff. Not much difference between them, so I just do candidate by candidate evals. Usually boils down the to the lesser of 2 evils. Especially here in Illinois/Cook County/Chicago.
my only complaint is that more often then not they vote down party lines. So I have come to this very simple conclusion

when the democrats are in office, the little guy wins, more funding for social programs etc.

when the republicans are in office, the big guy wins, more tax cuts and lax big business oversight.

in both cases the middle class loses. the middle class thrives when it's left on it's own, so when one is in power, i vote for the other one. because with balence the middle class can thrive. to much of any one thing hurts us.

and when I mean in power, in IL the two powers are the governer and the mayor

at the federal level, it's the president and the senate / house.

<-- Chris

post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-16-2008, 01:30 PM

There was a time for union labor and there is also a time for men to be men and stand on their own two feet and work for what is theirs to take. I run a very socially responsible company, we buy fair trade goods because in the areas of the world that produce them there is still massive inequity. I also think that many Americans need to pull out the tampon and get back to work. I look at the economy crumbling around us because every asshole thinks they are entitled to a free ride. I used union labor to build out my shop paid too much money and got the absolute minimum effort from most of the guys on site the only reason they finished on time was because that asshole owner was on site every day.

My Gear saved my life.

post #21 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-16-2008, 01:51 PM
Cuddlie as a koala

Sportbike: Which bike?
Years Riding: Too long.
How you found us: Ken offered me money to join.

Quote:
I can't fault the union for trying to get their members the best deal.

Get their members the best deal? Hell all they are concerned about is their own pocketbook. Been screwed over TWICE by the UAW and once by the NWCC. Amazing how fast they scream when they want dues, but sure as hell wont lift a fucking finger to help a member find work. Not to mention how apprentices get treated.
post #22 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-16-2008, 02:01 PM Thread Starter
Thee original azzhole!

Sportbike: 97 900rr-rip 09/09, 69 chevelle SS, & ???
Years Riding: it doesnt matter
How you found us: i see all

Send a message via AIM to Thunderstruck
worked for local 701(electrical) for 1 year and left. Most unions these days have fucked themselves cause of their bullshit. It's no longer about what's best for the group but it's more about me me me. But some unions are still needed these days. I was running circles around these 26 year old kids and I have had a heart attack and M.S. And some people actually had the gall to bitch that I was out working their slow fat asses. I got tired of it and left cause I didn't want to deal with anymore bullshit. But the unions have fucked themselves in my eyes. But a bargae guy say in the city of Chicago or new York has to go up and down stairs grabbing garbage and shit like that and they damn well deserve a raise for bustin their asses in the shifty weather and areas they have to go to

...plus my gf was with me saying "omg slow down, slow down" and I was thinking "Lose annoying squalk box in passenger seat, afford more mods and have less weight in the car and on the back of the bike"...so i dumped her and I'm single again as usual...HERE KITTY KITTY!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch View Post
pussy is the root of all evil...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunny View Post
mmmm pussy
You dont like me....i dont give a fuck...cause i'll still put ya in the hospital...me tollerating you is all that matters...

Last edited by Thunderstruck; 09-16-2008 at 02:05 PM.
post #23 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-16-2008, 06:30 PM

Human nature being what it is, we all want something for nothing.

I have experienced Coffeeguy's issues (from both as a union guy and as a manager/customer) and have had my issues with internal union politics as well. I've been a member of two different unions. I retain one membership currently, but do not work in a union job, and haven't for several (like 17) years.

Thunderstruck, I know where you are coming from as well.

Being self serving is a short-term thinking kind of thing. Not good in the long run for anyone.

Craig

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode