Chicago Performance...Ken? - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes
 
Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-07-2008, 12:40 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Nexus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Chicago
Posts: 3,662
Location: Chicago
Sportbike: nada
Years Riding: 18
How you found us: No idea
           
Send a message via AIM to Nexus
Chicago Performance...Ken?

I haven't been to this shop in probably 10 years or more but for some reason this guy reminds me of the owner who I see posts on here...

Nexus is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-07-2008, 12:41 PM
Super Moderator

 
Vcook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Winfield
Posts: 43,229
Location: Winfield
Sportbike: bikeless
Years Riding: 10
How you found us: Shit, you know I'm a clsb OG!
           
Send a message via AIM to Vcook
no spandex? I dont see the resemblence.

Chris
Vcook is offline  
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-07-2008, 12:48 PM
DONATING MEMBER
 
Chicago Performance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Northlake, IL 60164
Posts: 25,074
Location: Northlake, IL 60164
Sportbike: Trackdayz "I" bike!
Years Riding: since last year
How you found us: In a fortune cookie
           
He reminds me of me too. I did hold a number one plate....

The spandex are probably under the jeans...

------->> Best motorcycle shop ever!

http://www.chicagoperformance.com/
Chicago Performance is offline  
post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-07-2008, 12:51 PM
B.O.B
 
EndlessRR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Ill.
Posts: 17,550
Location: Ill.
Sportbike: 'nana.
Years Riding: Look at my join date, ruh-tard.
How you found us: SBN?
           
Send a message via AIM to EndlessRR
I thought CP's name was bob?


Quote:
Originally Posted by G2G
No one says you have to get drunk everytime you drink.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoodles
Isn't that like having sex and not finishing though?
EndlessRR is offline  
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-07-2008, 01:03 PM
Registered User
 
Meulen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Romeoville
Posts: 19,186
Location: Romeoville
Sportbike: looking to get dirty!
Years Riding: long time
How you found us: SBN
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago Performance View Post
He reminds me of me too. I did hold a number one plate....

The spandex are probably under the jeans...
See, another guy that remembers you from back in the day. Even without the spandex

Brian (F.K.A. Crazy)

Gamertag: CRAZY403


“You can’t escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today.”

-Abraham Lincoln


“Blessed are the young, for they shall inherit the national debt.”

-Herbert Hoover
Meulen is offline  
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-07-2008, 01:27 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Nexus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Chicago
Posts: 3,662
Location: Chicago
Sportbike: nada
Years Riding: 18
How you found us: No idea
           
Send a message via AIM to Nexus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago Performance View Post
He reminds me of me too. I did hold a number one plate....

The spandex are probably under the jeans...
I might have old pics but I would have to dig...

I know Chunk on this forum knows them but did you know Kuntai Kim(sp?), Squirrel - Brian, and the rest of that clan?

There was a time that AMA race results from Road America were actually in the Chicago Tribune or Suntimes.
Nexus is offline  
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-07-2008, 01:27 PM
Illegitimi non Carborundu
 
Paul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Arlington Heights, Il
Posts: 7,291
Location: Arlington Heights, Il
Sportbike: That Bike
Years Riding: That Long
How you found us: Google Search for "sexy."
           
Send a message via AIM to Paul Send a message via MSN to Paul Send a message via Yahoo to Paul Send a message via Skype™ to Paul
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndlessRR View Post
I thought CP's name was bob?

That was his screen name. Real name = Ken.

2012 Goldwing Owner
2013 Ninja 1000 Owner
2013 Harley Davidson Night Rod Special Owner
Paul is offline  
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-07-2008, 01:45 PM
Registered User
 
Chunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Chicago
Posts: 13,847
Location: Chicago
Sportbike: I don't ride
How you found us: google
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus View Post
I might have old pics but I would have to dig...

I know Chunk on this forum knows them but did you know Kuntai Kim(sp?), Squirrel - Brian, and the rest of that clan?

There was a time that AMA race results from Road America were actually in the Chicago Tribune or Suntimes.
That entire group pretty much went their separate ways. Kuntae and Squirrel don't even talk anymore. I don't really talk to those boys either except for Boyd and Sean Ryan. I did see Kuntae at the Indy GP and he rides motocross every now and then. Squirrel quit racing at the end of 2002. Boyd is Aaron Yates chassis man, and Sean Ryan started racing again in 2005 and quit in 2006 and is playing full time daddy now. Almost forgot, Jason Tressler married some Cuban mamasita and is a real estate tycoon in Miami.

Last edited by Chunk; 10-07-2008 at 01:47 PM.
Chunk is offline  
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-07-2008, 01:45 PM
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 201
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago Performance View Post
He reminds me of me too. I did hold a number one plate....

The spandex are probably under the jeans...
Finished well in the Daytona 200 against Hayden, Gobert, Yates etc. if my feeble old mind remembers correctly.

Led an AMA Superstock race at Road America once to - then lowsided in turn 5.

Or maybe I have the wrong guy in mind.
racesbikes is offline  
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-07-2008, 02:36 PM
DONATING MEMBER
 
Chicago Performance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Northlake, IL 60164
Posts: 25,074
Location: Northlake, IL 60164
Sportbike: Trackdayz "I" bike!
Years Riding: since last year
How you found us: In a fortune cookie
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meulen View Post
See, another guy that remembers you from back in the day. Even without the spandex
It's terrible I've become just a spandex wearing geek now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndlessRR View Post
I thought CP's name was bob?

I still get people calling me that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus View Post
I might have old pics but I would have to dig...

I know Chunk on this forum knows them but did you know Kuntai Kim(sp?), Squirrel - Brian, and the rest of that clan?

There was a time that AMA race results from Road America were actually in the Chicago Tribune or Suntimes.
Yes I knew them well. Haven't talked to them in quite a while though except for Sean Ryan who stops by every now and then. Those were some crazy mofos for sure. The CLSB Ducati clan would cringe if they knew what Kuntae used to do to Ducatis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcohenchicago View Post
That was his screen name. Real name = Ken.
OK fun's over, Paul spilled the beans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunk View Post
That entire group pretty much went their separate ways. Kuntae and Squirrel don't even talk anymore. I don't really talk to those boys either except for Boyd and Sean Ryan. I did see Kuntae at the Indy GP and he rides motocross every now and then. Squirrel quit racing at the end of 2002. Boyd is Aaron Yates chassis man, and Sean Ryan started racing again in 2005 and quit in 2006 and is playing full time daddy now. Almost forgot, Jason Tressler married some Cuban mamasita and is a real estate tycoon in Miami.
If you talk to Boyd say what's up for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by racesbikes View Post
Finished well in the Daytona 200 against Hayden, Gobert, Yates etc. if my feeble old mind remembers correctly.

Led an AMA Superstock race at Road America once to - then lowsided in turn 5.

Or maybe I have the wrong guy in mind.
Nope that was me. Good memory.

The lowside you are referring to is what we in da bidness call a "racing incident". Eric Wood and I recall different events in that race. @#%$#@@%@#%


------->> Best motorcycle shop ever!

http://www.chicagoperformance.com/
Chicago Performance is offline  
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-07-2008, 02:43 PM
Registered User
 
Chunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Chicago
Posts: 13,847
Location: Chicago
Sportbike: I don't ride
How you found us: google
           
Ken,
I'm getting the impression that you think you a bad dude just cause you learned how to do multiple quotes.
Chunk is offline  
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-07-2008, 02:44 PM
Armed law abiding citizen
 
Dave13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Middleburg, Florida
Posts: 19,055
Location: Middleburg, Florida
Sportbike: '74 Yamaha RD350
Years Riding: idk
How you found us: Google
           
Wow Ken, even back then your ears stuck out a lot.











Dave13 is offline  
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-07-2008, 02:44 PM
DONATING MEMBER
 
Chicago Performance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Northlake, IL 60164
Posts: 25,074
Location: Northlake, IL 60164
Sportbike: Trackdayz "I" bike!
Years Riding: since last year
How you found us: In a fortune cookie
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunk View Post
Ken,
I'm getting the impression that you think you a bad dude just cause you learned how to do multiple quotes.
AND.....

------->> Best motorcycle shop ever!

http://www.chicagoperformance.com/
Chicago Performance is offline  
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-07-2008, 02:45 PM
DONATING MEMBER
 
Chicago Performance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Northlake, IL 60164
Posts: 25,074
Location: Northlake, IL 60164
Sportbike: Trackdayz "I" bike!
Years Riding: since last year
How you found us: In a fortune cookie
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave13 View Post
Wow Ken, even back then your ears stuck out a lot.











I had a specially made helmet for them. True story.

------->> Best motorcycle shop ever!

http://www.chicagoperformance.com/
Chicago Performance is offline  
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-07-2008, 03:38 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Nexus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Chicago
Posts: 3,662
Location: Chicago
Sportbike: nada
Years Riding: 18
How you found us: No idea
           
Send a message via AIM to Nexus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago Performance View Post
It's terrible I've become just a
The CLSB Ducati clan would cringe if they knew what Kuntae used to do to Ducatis.
The first time I met his he was riding his 916 on Peterson and Western. I could barely recognize the fact that this was actually a Ducati. He was the first and only person I ever saw do a rolling endo on LSD going about 70-80mph!!
Nexus is offline  
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-07-2008, 03:43 PM
Registered User
 
Chunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Chicago
Posts: 13,847
Location: Chicago
Sportbike: I don't ride
How you found us: google
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus View Post
The first time I met his he was riding his 916 on Peterson and Western. I could barely recognize the fact that this was actually a Ducati. He was the first and only person I ever saw do a rolling endo on LSD going about 70-80mph!!
man that wasn't a rolling endo. It was locking up the front wheel and basically sliding it on the front wheel. That fucker was out of his mind. One time he cut off this super fat lady walking across the street and the bitch got scared and ran right into me. I fell over due to the momentum the huge bitch was carrying when she hit me. He still has that 916.
Chunk is offline  
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-07-2008, 05:06 PM
DONATING MEMBER
 
Chicago Performance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Northlake, IL 60164
Posts: 25,074
Location: Northlake, IL 60164
Sportbike: Trackdayz "I" bike!
Years Riding: since last year
How you found us: In a fortune cookie
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunk View Post
man that wasn't a rolling endo. It was locking up the front wheel and basically sliding it on the front wheel. That fucker was out of his mind. One time he cut off this super fat lady walking across the street and the bitch got scared and ran right into me. I fell over due to the momentum the huge bitch was carrying when she hit me. He still has that 916.
I can't believe he still has that. Or let me rephrase, I can't believe it is still running and not in a dumpster. He was a true madman.

------->> Best motorcycle shop ever!

http://www.chicagoperformance.com/
Chicago Performance is offline  
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-07-2008, 05:20 PM
with 2 n's
 
glenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: wheeling, Il.
Posts: 931
Location: wheeling, Il.
Sportbike: 2000 SV650(street), 2009 TTR230(dirt)
Years Riding: not long enough
How you found us: member
           
Send a message via Yahoo to glenn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunk View Post
man that wasn't a rolling endo. It was locking up the front wheel and basically sliding it on the front wheel. That fucker was out of his mind. One time he cut off this super fat lady walking across the street and the bitch got scared and ran right into me. I fell over due to the momentum the huge bitch was carrying when she hit me. He still has that 916.
According to Ariel, that was his Ducati.
glenn is offline  
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-07-2008, 06:07 PM
Zydrate addict
 
Piercedqt78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Romeoville
Posts: 5,289
Location: Romeoville
Sportbike: no more riding for me :(
Years Riding: ridin what?
How you found us: I lost a bet, this was my punishment
           
Send a message via AIM to Piercedqt78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus View Post
I haven't been to this shop in probably 10 years or more but for some reason this guy reminds me of the owner who I see posts on here...


Bob, is that you?

I don't ride, I cook!
Piercedqt78 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome