HELP: FZR 600 w/ R1 body kit - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-11-2008, 01:52 PM Thread Starter

HELP: FZR 600 w/ R1 body kit

So i bought my bike, a FZR 600 couple months back and i have been too busy to work on the bke itself. Now that i finally have time i was wondering if some people could help me out.

This bike backfires a lot and i dont know why it does that, does anyone have any ideas?

I'm pretty sure the carbs need to be cleaned, does anyone know where i can go where its fairly cheap and could also check out my bike to see if anything else is wrong?

Also final question, i want to get frame sliders for my bike but i dont know what kind i need to buy. My bike has an R1 body kit on it soooo do i get frame sliders for an R1? or fzr600?

THANKS A LOT APPRECIATE THE HELP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-11-2008, 02:24 PM
Thee original azzhole!

Sportbike: 97 900rr-rip 09/09, 69 chevelle SS, & ???
Years Riding: it doesnt matter
How you found us: i see all

Send a message via AIM to Thunderstruck
amp performance motorcycle repair in villa park should me cheaper then most bike shops out there. If your not afraid if taking the plastics off, I wousld check the gaping on the plugs 1st.

...plus my gf was with me saying "omg slow down, slow down" and I was thinking "Lose annoying squalk box in passenger seat, afford more mods and have less weight in the car and on the back of the bike"...so i dumped her and I'm single again as usual...HERE KITTY KITTY!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch View Post
pussy is the root of all evil...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunny View Post
mmmm pussy
You dont like me....i dont give a fuck...cause i'll still put ya in the hospital...me tollerating you is all that matters...
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-11-2008, 02:52 PM
Cuddlie as a koala

Sportbike: Which bike?
Years Riding: Too long.
How you found us: Ken offered me money to join.

Frame sliders to get are for the fzr600. Then again with how tank like the build of the FZR600 is I wouldnt bother. Frame sliders arent gonna protect the body anyways, just supposed to protect the frame (which is steel on a fzr600). You will have to cut a hole in the bodywork more than likely with the R1 body kit. I dropped my fzr600 and all it got was scrapes on teh fairing decal and broke the turn signals.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-11-2008, 03:02 PM Thread Starter

cut a whole in the bodywork..... hmmmm lol yeah ill take my chances without frame sliders lol. and ill give amp a call appreciate it. I would take off the plastic but i honestly doubt i could even tell whats wrong. I'm not gonna lie i dont know too much about bikes.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-11-2008, 03:03 PM Thread Starter

anyone know what causes the bike to backfire a lot?????? thanks people
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-11-2008, 03:10 PM
Thee original azzhole!

Sportbike: 97 900rr-rip 09/09, 69 chevelle SS, & ???
Years Riding: it doesnt matter
How you found us: i see all

Send a message via AIM to Thunderstruck
backfires can be caused by several things. One is gaping is way off on plugs and causing premature or delayed explosion. Too close and not enough fuel is burned. Too far gaping and it takes longer for fuel to burn and both can cause the bike to run like crap. Carbs could also be causing this by letting too much fuel in. If u don't know much about autos/bikes, I wouldn't even bother trying to look at and just have a mechanic look at it

...plus my gf was with me saying "omg slow down, slow down" and I was thinking "Lose annoying squalk box in passenger seat, afford more mods and have less weight in the car and on the back of the bike"...so i dumped her and I'm single again as usual...HERE KITTY KITTY!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch View Post
pussy is the root of all evil...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunny View Post
mmmm pussy
You dont like me....i dont give a fuck...cause i'll still put ya in the hospital...me tollerating you is all that matters...
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-11-2008, 05:41 PM Thread Starter

allright thanks man

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode