Last thread I posted was for 22.214.171.124, which was an awesome update, but it had it's flaws. Personally, I had a huge memory leak, and was lucky to have 3MB of free memory. I installed the newest 126.96.36.199/188.8.131.52, and now, even though I have more apps on the phone, I'm between 15-20MB of free memory
It also runs significantly smoother/faster, and they added Wireless Update in Options:Advanced. Looks like you'll finally be do some updating of the OS components without having to dl it and install it using the desktop
Now onto the good stuff:
Software For BlackBerry® Pearl (TM) 8100 smartphone
Contains English; from IndoSat
This will load to any carriers 8100.
BlackBerry Handheld Software v184.108.40.206 (EastAsia)
Package Version: 220.127.116.11
* Applications: 18.104.22.168
* Software Platform: 22.214.171.124
* File name: 8100EastAsia_PBr4.5.0_rel174_PL126.96.36.199_A188.8.131.52 _Indosat.exe
* File size: 89.15MB
Note: The Software Platform and Applications version numbers can be found under Options-About screen on the handheld.
Download here: https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...B53786A2C5FA09
(there has been issues with the download from here, it's really slow, there is no resume, and sometimes even if you manage to download it, it might be corrupt. It took me 4 hours to finally get a working copy. If you're lucky enough to be a Demonoid member, you'll find this available there
This download is from IndoSat but will work on ANY carrier's 8100 model BB. (Not 8110, 8120 or 8130)
1. Download the above OS file to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded. (Vista users be sure to right click on the .exe file and select "Run As Adminstrator.")
2. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml."
3. Plug in BB and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in the same place as the above vendor.xml file.
The process takes about 45 minutes to an hour depending on how much data you have to backup and restore during the process. Once it's done loading the new OS it will reboot (it may do this twice during the entire process.) You will see a white screen with an hourglass for up to 20 minutes at a time while the DM says "waiting for initialization."
If, for some reason, you end up with a white screen with small icons and the number 507, simply connect to the PC again and run Loader.exe again and it should load the OS to the device.
NOTE: the update is also available for 8120, follow the steps above, except use this download:https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...B53786A2C5FA09