Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

Pete The Greek, Other BC Walk Info...

388 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Pete The Greek 
#1 ·
Go to Avonwalk.org
1-888-387-WALK

It's a 2-Day (39 mile) walk that takes place in Chicago June 6 & 7.
I havent checked the website prior to giving you this info but I would assume the minimum fee is much less than the 60 mile 3-Day.

#3 ·
While searching the avon website i noticed an intresting crew position. I plan on calling this week about.
Motorcycle Safety:
Works with Road Dispatch Staff and local law enforcement to guarantee safe passage for Walkers during each day's route. Assist at difficult intersections and other locations as requested. Team members must provide own motorcycle and helmet, as well as valid motorcycle license and insurance.

If anyone else is intrested with the response i get from avon shot me a pm and i will forward all the info. It sounds like a fun way to help out. I think crew members are required to only pay the registration fee of 65 dollars and do not need to do fund raising. I personaly lost my mother to this terrible disease 2 years ago on of all days mothers day. I have dealt with it first hand over 5 years while she battled it, and would love to help out but being an 25 year old under employed kid would make it kinda hard for me to raise 1,800 dollars just to walk. Plus i think this option would be much more fun for most of the people on this board.

#4 ·
ahh, i see (yea i know im only 3 months late) but if anyone is doing this and has a spot open on their team shoot me a pm

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.