Motorola STRIKES AGAIN!!! - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-17-2003, 10:31 AM Thread Starter
Grand Master Crash

Sportbike: none for now
Years Riding: ...classified...
How you found us: My psychic advisor told me about it

Motorola STRIKES AGAIN!!!

As some of you know... I quit Motorola at the end of May, to go off and do some independent contract work. Since contracting doesn't have any kind of insurance benefits, I had to extend my existing coverage from Motorola under the COBRA law (don't ask me what that stands for, I have no idea.)

So ok, no problem, before I even quit, I requested all the COBRA paperwork, etc. to get the ball rolling. Sent my check in right away so I didn't have any problems (due to my shoulder I have therapy 3x a week, and Dr's visits every 3, so I'm making a lot of claims, don't want to get stuck with the bill.)

Sent Motorola a check a month ago. 3 weeks ago, the check was cashed. Last week, I hit Walgreens to get a prescription filled... "Sorry sir, we show your policy is invalid..." I had to fork out close to $300 out of my pocket to cover allergy medication and some antibiotic to kill off this lingering cough.

Been busy this week, finally get around to calling Blue Cross this morning. "Yes sir, your employer just sent us the information YESTERDAY, so your policy is now active as of this morning."

WTF??!?! Motorola held on to my fucking money for close to a MONTH before deciding to reinstate my freakin' health insurance?!?!?

FUCK THAT COMPANY. I hope they go bankrupt.

Jim Ptak
-bikeless-

Last edited by OmniGLH; 07-17-2003 at 11:38 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-17-2003, 10:35 AM

Go dump some oatmeal on them....one at a time. That'd be cool. Sorry to hear the situation though, that sucks.
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-17-2003, 10:52 AM
WANTED!!!

Sportbike: 2001 Championship (Pimp) Edition Yamaha R1
Years Riding: Riding What? ;-)
How you found us: Through another Gigolo's word of mouth

Send a message via AIM to EvilR1 Send a message via Yahoo to EvilR1
I propose all the CLSB Members goto Motorola office on their bikes and pop wheelies and do burnouts in the parking lot. This will teach em a lesson....
post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-17-2003, 10:58 AM

Yea screw large companies.
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-17-2003, 11:22 AM

Re: Motorola STRIKES AGAIN!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by OmniGLH
FUCK THAT COMPANY. I hope they go bankrupt. Why can't someone go through their executive floor with a machine gun, like the guy did 3 years ago at my dad's work (Navistar)??? At least at Mot, they'll kill people that MATTER and not a bunch of innocent mechanics....
Dude... are you going postal???

post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-17-2003, 11:26 AM Thread Starter
Grand Master Crash

Re: Re: Motorola STRIKES AGAIN!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by MeggysGixxer
Dude... are you going postal???

LOL... no, I'm not admitting to anything in a public forum...

Jim Ptak
-bikeless-
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-17-2003, 11:28 AM

Sportbike: 2000 Hayabusa Blue & Silver! Mods-> Oh yeah!
Years Riding: Oh just a couple or so....
How you found us: Old SBN days.......

Re: Motorola STRIKES AGAIN!!!

Quote:
Why can't someone go through their executive floor with a machine gun, like the guy did 3 years ago at my dad's work (Navistar)??? At least at Mot, they'll kill people that MATTER and not a bunch of innocent mechanics....
Not cool!

I understand your frustration but you can't wish death on someone.

Don't get mad but all i think of in situations like this is if i was killed what would my daughter and son do as well as my wife?these people have lives other than Motorola.....That's just wrong bud.......

If it did happen how would it benefit you or anyone else? Another assho*e would just step in.

<--Kelly

2000 Hayabusa
2006 Honda CRF50
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-17-2003, 11:39 AM Thread Starter
Grand Master Crash

Re: Re: Motorola STRIKES AGAIN!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Labdog
Not cool!

I understand your frustration but you can't wish death on someone.

Don't get mad but all i think of in situations like this is if i was killed what would my daughter and son do as well as my wife?these people have lives other than Motorola.....That's just wrong bud.......

If it did happen how would it benefit you or anyone else? Another assho*e would just step in.
Edited to spare the sensitive people in our group.

Tho deep down I still wish pain and suffering on them...

Jim Ptak
-bikeless-
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-17-2003, 12:44 PM
Please attend carefully..

Sportbike: 2000 ZX6R (the green one!)
Years Riding: 2000
How you found us: I've been here a while...

Get the paperwork and check the effective date of the policy.

Then, if the effective date of the policy is before the date you had to fork out $300 for the prescription and you get no satisfaction, contact the state Department of Insurance.

"Stupidity is also a gift of God, but one mustn't misuse it." - JP2

"Life is just a place where we spend time between games" - former Philadelphia Flyers coach Fred Shero

"everyone's a nutjob, some just have more restraint than others" - EndlessRR
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-17-2003, 12:50 PM

Sportbike: 2000 Hayabusa Blue & Silver! Mods-> Oh yeah!
Years Riding: Oh just a couple or so....
How you found us: Old SBN days.......

Re: Re: Re: Motorola STRIKES AGAIN!!!

Quote:
Edited to spare the sensitive people in our group.

Tho deep down I still wish pain and suffering on them...
It's cool!

Everyone has opinions and i like that. You know the old saying becareful what ya wish for.........blah blah blah

I just like everyone to know (which i am sure they do) for every action there is a reaction. Death is so final...but for the people left behind it just goes on and on.

I am sorry to sound like a bleeding heart, sympathetic or whatever but i piss people off all the time but i would hate to think because i make someone mad they think i should deserve to die.

Okay i made my point and sorry if i pissed you off and rained on your parade. I sincerely understand a rant cause i sure like to rant!

<--Kelly

2000 Hayabusa
2006 Honda CRF50
post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-17-2003, 01:10 PM

Sorry to hear about that.

I think you in a lose lose situation.

I worked for the Blue Cross and it might not be all motorolas fault. The Cross drops the ball many times but the 2 companies will blame each other an you will never find out what happens.

I hope you get your money back.
post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-17-2003, 01:10 PM Thread Starter
Grand Master Crash

No problem

I get kinda fired up every now and then. Between my health insurance issues and old people, I got a little riled.

I kinda have a "kill 'em all" attitude sometimes. Stupid people should be shot. Idiots should be shot. Sammy Sosa makes a bazillion dollars a year, and cheats at baseball? Shoot him. Old man can't drive and runs over 50 people? Dead. Motorola screws me on my health insurance? You can bet they've got a death wish coming too.

Not that I actually WISH death on anyone - it's just me being a little bit outspoken and blunt with my opinions...

Jim Ptak
-bikeless-
post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-17-2003, 01:49 PM

HR departments at big companies are a bunch of mother fuckers. I laugh my ass off every time I hear a HR person say "I work in the HR dept so I'm a people person".

They totally screwed over my roomate at the place I work. There's some shady backroom deals going on over here.

No offense to Kimmy...I think she's in HR... but for a smaller company.
post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-17-2003, 01:56 PM Thread Starter
Grand Master Crash

Well Cherry, it all becomes much clearer once you finally make this realization:

HR is in place to protect management and it's decisions - NOT the average employee.

Once you actually realize that THIS is how HR departments work, a lot of the decisions they make, at least make sense.

Jim Ptak
-bikeless-
post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-17-2003, 02:00 PM

HR...good lord. I had to create an employee survey at my place and put it on the intranet over here. But it wasn't that simple: the 12 questions were all loaded and poorly worded. In order to maintain anonymity, they they handed out codes "randomly" to the employees of the different depts. But the codes weren't random at all - they were crafted to find out the manager of the employee filling out the form. For example, if I had someone under me the code would be GBKR8T54...etc. Real annonymous, no? Then I happened to come up on the director of HR's secretary and see an excel doc open that has all the employee's names cross-referenced to their "secret codes." In the end I sabotoged my own survey, by spreading rumor via the grapevine, to answer all the questions positively.
post #16 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-17-2003, 04:40 PM
Please attend carefully..

Sportbike: 2000 ZX6R (the green one!)
Years Riding: 2000
How you found us: I've been here a while...

But COBRA is a LAW. There has to be something in the law governing the eligibility and effective date of policies.

Check also with the Department of Labor, that may be who governs COBRA.

**edit** Here is a website that gives some info on COBRA rights for employees:

http://info.insure.com/health/cobra.html

Please check it out. Also, it may be the IRS that governs this.

If Motorola IS at fault, go after them and get them good!!!!!

"Stupidity is also a gift of God, but one mustn't misuse it." - JP2

"Life is just a place where we spend time between games" - former Philadelphia Flyers coach Fred Shero

"everyone's a nutjob, some just have more restraint than others" - EndlessRR

Last edited by Norseman82; 07-17-2003 at 04:45 PM.
post #17 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-17-2003, 05:21 PM

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FUCK THAT COMPANY. I hope they go bankrupt. Why can't someone go through their executive floor with a machine gun, like the guy did 3 years ago at my dad's work (Navistar)??? At least at Mot, they'll kill people that MATTER and not a bunch of innocent mechanics....
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Not cool with that quote either, my dad has worked at motorola for 28 years, started out in Engineering and now is in management. How would ya like it if someone said they were gonna shoot someone in your family because they work at a particular company.........wtf
post #18 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-17-2003, 10:56 PM Thread Starter
Grand Master Crash

Quote:
Originally posted by PumpkinF44
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Not cool with that quote either, my dad has worked at motorola for 28 years, started out in Engineering and now is in management. How would ya like it if someone said they were gonna shoot someone in your family because they work at a particular company.........wtf
Alright, well first off - I edited the post like 12 hours ago - so

Secondly - I *have* had someone walk into my dad's work and start shooting the place up. I lost several family friends, and could have lost my dad (he was literally 2 feet from the gunman.)

As far as Motorola management - sorry but, they really need to CAN all of them. I don't know who your dad is, so sorry if you take offense.. but that company is managed so poorly I can't believe they're still in business.

Jim Ptak
-bikeless-
post #19 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-18-2003, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Secondly - I *have* had someone walk into my dad's work and start shooting the place up. I lost several family friends, and could have lost my dad (he was literally 2 feet from the gunman.)
now, one would think that since you *have* had such a close experience with such an incident that you would be smart enough to not joke about something like that......

Quote:
As far as Motorola management - sorry but, they really need to CAN all of them. I don't know who your dad is, so sorry if you take offense.. but that company is managed so poorly I can't believe they're still in business.
dont say "sorry if you take offense" your saying my dad should be fired......it looks like you did everyone a favor by leaving the company.......
post #20 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-18-2003, 10:34 AM Thread Starter
Grand Master Crash

Quote:
now, one would think that since you *have* had such a close experience with such an incident that you would be smart enough to not joke about something like that......

I *did* feel after I posted it that it was in poor taste, and *did* take it down. Even after I explained myself.

12 hours later, you come along and start whining about it? Tough shit. No sympathy for bleeding heart whiners such as yourself who try to dig up something that has already been recalled and make an issue out of it.

Quote:
dont say "sorry if you take offense" your saying my dad should be fired......it looks like you did everyone a favor by leaving the company.......
I'm not sorry if you take offense, in fact, I could care less WHAT your daddy does. I was just being polite. Fact of the matter is, that company IS poorly managed. Ask ANY Motorola employee who works outside of CGISS, you'll get the same remarks I have made. Ever attend a shareholder meeting? I doubt you have. I have. At the last one, it was damn near a riot because the shareholders WANT Galvin and his management team to step down!

Just because your dad works for Motorola doesn't make him a "good guy". Nor does working for Motorola make him one of the bad ones. It was a blanket statement about upper management.

Jim Ptak
-bikeless-
post #21 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-18-2003, 10:58 AM

Quote:
I *did* feel after I posted it that it was in poor taste, and *did* take it down. Even after I explained myself.
hey is it my fault that i saw the post 12hrs after you put it up?
i guess im just a bleeding heart whiner..... look at yourself when you start whinning about stuff (which is what this entire post was to begin with:whinning about how motorola screwed you, even though you really dont know whose fault it was.....)

Quote:
I'm not sorry if you take offense, in fact, I could care less WHAT your daddy does. I was just being polite. Fact of the matter is, that company IS poorly managed. Ask ANY Motorola employee who works outside of CGISS, you'll get the same remarks I have made. Ever attend a shareholder meeting? I doubt you have. I have. At the last one, it was damn near a riot because the shareholders WANT Galvin and his management team to step down!
first, its " you couldnt care less what my daddy does......and of coure i havent been to a shareholder meeting, im in college. all i know is you said everyone in management should be canned (and shot), and i dont care if you said it 12hrs ago or not, i m gonna tell you i dont like it........

im not trying to start a flame war or anything, sorry you had trouble with motorola, that doesnt warrant a blanket statement saying that everyone who works in management is an @ss hole......
post #22 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-18-2003, 11:19 AM Thread Starter
Grand Master Crash

Quote:
hey is it my fault that i saw the post 12hrs after you put it up?
Yes actually, it is. Because by the time you had read the post, I had already taken it down, explained myself, and things were smoothed over.

Quote:
im in college. all i know is you said everyone in management should be canned (and shot), ..... snip.... doesnt warrant a blanket statement saying that everyone who works in management is an @ss hole......

Ohhh, ok, college student. Gotcha. Your views will change once you work a career job for a few years, and see how things REALLY are. You have much to learn, young grasshopper.

Jim Ptak
-bikeless-
post #23 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-18-2003, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Ohhh, ok, college student. Gotcha. Your views will change once you work a career job for a few years, and see how things REALLY are. You have much to learn, young grasshopper.
sorry, but i know how things REALLY are, ive worked with everyone from upper management to union machinists in the engineering jobs ive had, i know how stuff works in big companies......in fact both me and my bro were layed off from motorola cuz of their down sizing, you dont hear me whinning......
post #24 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-18-2003, 11:32 AM
bwa
Boom

Sportbike: None :(
Years Riding: not long enough
How you found us: Crazeinc

<-- Grabs a chair, beer and popcorn
post #25 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-18-2003, 01:08 PM
Super Moderator

Sportbike: bikeless
Years Riding: 10
How you found us: Shit, you know I'm a clsb OG!

Send a message via AIM to Vcook
ease up guys. the insurance thing stinks for sure. keep this thing civil or take it to PMs. Dont make me abuse my power and delete all your posts!! lol

Chris
post #26 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-18-2003, 01:22 PM
stuck in 6th gear

Sportbike: '99 SV650, GSX-R1K2, CRF230F5, '08 HM-S
Years Riding: not enough lately *(&%# work...
How you found us: LBK back in the day

Quote:
sorry, but i know how things REALLY are, ive worked with everyone from upper management to union machinists in the engineering jobs ive had, i know how stuff works in big companies......in fact both me and my bro were layed off from motorola cuz of their down sizing, you dont hear me whinning......
still in college? so what was your experience? the summer internship programs? if so, that's a limited and pretty skewed perspective of the company.

You were layed off and you're not complaining? Somethings wrong with that.

Jim's initial post may have been overly bitter, but overall, he's nailed things on the head with his generalizations about the company he used to work for and how he got bent over. Let him vent and quit getting him all worked up over it again.
post #27 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-18-2003, 01:43 PM

still in college but that doesnt mean i havent worked at co-ops and internships at major companies for more than just a summer.......call me a newbie if you want but i know what the business world is really like.....

my point was im not complaining that i got layed off cuz that would apparently make me a bleeding heart whinner....

i have no problem with anyone venting but i objected to the stuff he said about shooting people... thats it, im not trying to "make trouble"

im keepin it civil, i can have a disagreement with someone and not resort to insults....
post #28 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-18-2003, 02:59 PM Thread Starter
Grand Master Crash

Quote:
still in college but that doesnt mean i havent worked at co-ops and internships at major companies for more than just a summer.......call me a newbie if you want but i know what the business world is really like.....
Ok so you're claiming you know how the real business world works, based on co-ops and internships? HAHHAHAHAHAHA LOL. Well I guess that ends THAT discussion.

VC - go ahead and close it. I have nothing more to say...

Jim Ptak
-bikeless-
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode