How or would you expose this handicapped parking abuser??? - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-21-2003, 11:24 AM Thread Starter

Sportbike: looking to get dirty!
Years Riding: long time
How you found us: SBN

How or would you expose this handicapped parking abuser???

For about a year now me and some of the other commuters have sat and watched while one lady parks for free in a handicapped spot by the train station and walks to the train no problem. A long time ago I noticed a cast on her foor but that must have been more than a year ago. While the rest of us pay our parking fee she parks for free displaying a handicapped sign on her rear view mirror. When I get downtown I see her walk from Union Station to the Lake (a little more than a mile walk) with no problems. I've even seen her almost miss a bus and break into a full sprint one time.

Anyway,

this is driving me nuts cause everyone else has to pay to park there. Should I expose this moron?????

How do I do it? Do you just call a tip into the local police or is there a special hotline or something for handicapped abusers???

What do you think?

Brian (F.K.A. Crazy)

Gamertag: CRAZY403

“You can’t escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today.”

-Abraham Lincoln

“Blessed are the young, for they shall inherit the national debt.”

-Herbert Hoover
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-21-2003, 11:27 AM
Human lawn dart

Sportbike: 03 ninja 6r 05 ttr-230 04 klx300r
Years Riding: 12
How you found us: I know all

Send a message via AIM to rdrash
Call her in. I absolutly hate when people abuse that.

I'm not short. I'm aerodynamically efficient.

Anti Helmet Laws Pro Darwinism
MotoGP 200 mph no roll cage
NESBA # 599
post #3 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-21-2003, 11:29 AM
bwa
Boom

Sportbike: None :(
Years Riding: not long enough
How you found us: Crazeinc

If she's got a handicapped sign than she's all legal... unless of course she's using someone elses...

It's a toss up... If she has it legally, I'd feel like a dumbass reporting it.
post #4 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-21-2003, 11:30 AM

Well those are issued by the DMV I think, so maybe contact a department at the Secretary of State's office.

P.S. Are you sure that she is well? I mean what if this is some sort of thing that happens every so often?
post #5 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-21-2003, 11:32 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by bwa
If she's got a handicapped sign than she's all legal... unless of course she's using someone elses...

It's a toss up... If she has it legally, I'd feel like a dumbass reporting it.

I dunno.....she's only around 30 years old and I've seen her run and walk long distances. Like you said she's legal but obviously shouldn't be, unless I'm missing something. The only thing wrong with her is she's overweight, but like I said that didn't stop her from running for the bus.

Brian (F.K.A. Crazy)

-Abraham Lincoln

-Herbert Hoover
post #6 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-21-2003, 11:33 AM
YO MAMA

Sportbike: 2010 Electra Glide Police Edition 103cu
Years Riding: a long time!

people parking in the handicapped has been an on going, law violation for years!

call the DMV and ask what to do, but basical you need to geta cop on scence while she parks and walks away, he can pull her permit if she does have one i believe and call it in and make sure its to her and its still valid.

your almost better off just telling her off personally and making a scene out of it.

cause it sounds like she doesnt need it any more.

post #7 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-21-2003, 11:37 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Odysseys

your almost better off just telling her off personally and making a scene out of it.

cause it sounds like she doesnt need it any more.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm that sounds like fun.

Brian (F.K.A. Crazy)

-Abraham Lincoln

-Herbert Hoover
post #8 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-21-2003, 11:39 AM
I'm always learning......

Sportbike: 2k14 FLHXS, 1981 FXE, 1949 HD EL Panhead, Yami PW80
Years Riding: Long, long, long, long, long time.
How you found us: GPS

Try a note on the windshield. Let her know she's being watched and no disability is being seen. Let her know she'll be reported if she is not legally diabled. If she's a phony, maybe this will knock some sense into her. If she's got a valid excuse maybe she'll respond.

Synthetic Lifelike Organism Responsible for Observation and Logical Learning - SLOROLL

Remember there's a big difference between kneeling down and bending over. Zappa 1974

And I said....."Look here brother, who you jiving with that cosmik debris? Now is that a real poncho or is that a Sears poncho? Zappa 1974
post #9 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-21-2003, 11:41 AM
bwa
Boom

I knew a woman that had the permit, but she could walk just like the one you're talking about. She had some kind of skin disease. I don't know how that made her available for the permit, but it did...
post #10 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-21-2003, 11:44 AM

Sportbike: 06 CBR600RR
Years Riding: bought my first street bike in 2000

i'm just gonna say forget about it. you never know.....there could be something wrong with her. either that, or next time you walk by her car, just check and see if there is some kind of an expiration date on there. if its expired, then call it in.
as long as she is getting a note from her doctor, she is doing it legally....even if she has no need for it.
post #11 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-21-2003, 11:44 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by bwa
I knew a woman that had the permit, but she could walk just like the one you're talking about. She had some kind of skin disease. I don't know how that made her available for the permit, but it did...
That sucks Jay........It drives me nuts to see her walking around just fine. She's got a nice car to so it's not like she can't afford the $1 a day to park. It just really gets me that the rest of us have to pay. I'm pretty sure the laws have stiffened in the last couple of years.

Do we have any officer friends in Lemont that could take care of this on the board????

Brian (F.K.A. Crazy)

-Abraham Lincoln

-Herbert Hoover
post #12 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-21-2003, 11:47 AM

Sportbike: 2000 Hayabusa Blue & Silver! Mods-> Oh yeah!
Years Riding: Oh just a couple or so....
How you found us: Old SBN days.......

Brian there are 3 things to keep in mind.

1- she needs it for a possible medical problem (legit)

2- She NEEDED it (past tense) and no longer needs it and is abusing it.

3- Someone in her family needs it and she drives them and is legally entitled to use it WHEN that person is in the vehicle.

Mind you that you have every right on behalf of ALL handicapped people to begin an inquiry into this matter as a concerned citizen.
It PISSES me off to no end when people do this and no one stands up to them.

I was at a Sports Authority in Bloomingdale when i parked my truck and as i was approaching the handicap stall a lady turned in real quick almost hitting me (not really but close) and i looked at her plate and nothing. I asked her if she had a tag to park there and she said she would only be a minute and then asked me why i cared snotty like!) Okay well now i am pissed so i go back to my truck and pull out of the spot and i stop close to the rear of her vehicle and blocked her in. she had the pole and barrier in front so she was locked in!

I put on my hazards, lift my hood, and go inside to shop for my golf balls and what do you know there she is ranting and raving. (15-20 minutes went by) As i approached the truck she recognized me and was yelling and i said "Gee sorry lady but a breakdown is uncontrollable and i think i might have flooded my engine!" As a Bloomingdale finest was driving through the parking lot i flagged him over and then explained the situation. He asked me to accompany him to the rear of his vehicle and asked if i needed a tow truck smiling. I said ya know maybe it will start now. we went to the truck and low and behold it started up.

I thanked him and smiled at her while the officer asked if this was her vehicle and as she replied he busted out a ticket for her.

Its not fair to abuse that because handicap parking is not a privledge. Its a right for them!

Just my.02

<--Kelly

2000 Hayabusa
2006 Honda CRF50
post #13 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-21-2003, 11:47 AM
I'm always learning......

Sportbike: 2k14 FLHXS, 1981 FXE, 1949 HD EL Panhead, Yami PW80
Years Riding: Long, long, long, long, long time.
How you found us: GPS

Sometimes people use the handicapped permits that are issued to their parents as priority parking passes. I've seen this and think it's despicable.

Synthetic Lifelike Organism Responsible for Observation and Logical Learning - SLOROLL

Remember there's a big difference between kneeling down and bending over. Zappa 1974

And I said....."Look here brother, who you jiving with that cosmik debris? Now is that a real poncho or is that a Sears poncho? Zappa 1974
post #14 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-21-2003, 11:52 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Labdog
I put on my hazards, lift my hood, and go inside to shop for my golf balls and what do you know there she is ranting and raving. (15-20 minutes went by) As i approached the truck she recognized me and was yelling and i said "Gee sorry lady but a breakdown is uncontrollable and i think i might have flooded my engine!" As a Bloomingdale finest was driving through the parking lot i flagged him over and then explained the situation. He asked me to accompany him to the rear of his vehicle and asked if i needed a tow truck smiling. I said ya know maybe it will start now. we went to the truck and low and behold it started up.

I thanked him and smiled at her while the officer asked if this was her vehicle and as she replied he busted out a ticket for her.

Its not fair to abuse that because handicap parking is not a privledge. Its a right for them!

Just my.02

Sheesh!!!!! if I still had my truck I'd just take the tow straps and pull it out of the spot. I did that once to a guy that parked in front of the fire hydrant by my appartment Pull it out into the street and she'd get a ticket for sure LOL

Brian (F.K.A. Crazy)

-Abraham Lincoln

-Herbert Hoover
post #15 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-21-2003, 11:52 AM
YO MAMA

Sportbike: 2010 Electra Glide Police Edition 103cu
Years Riding: a long time!

i like sloroll idea of leaving a note. and yes i know alot of lemot cops, none of which would care to much about this though..but leave a note, and see if her permit is still withien date before i bug one of the guys to go baby sit some car.

post #16 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-21-2003, 11:53 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by SloRoll
Sometimes people use the handicapped permits that are issued to their parents as priority parking passes. I've seen this and think it's despicable.

Yeah........all these are possibilities. Truth is I don't know what is going on. All I know is she can get around fine

Brian (F.K.A. Crazy)

-Abraham Lincoln

-Herbert Hoover
post #17 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-21-2003, 11:57 AM
bwa
Boom

Quote:
Originally posted by Labdog
Brian there are 3 things to keep in mind.

1- she needs it for a possible medical problem (legit)

2- She NEEDED it (past tense) and no longer needs it and is abusing it.

3- Someone in her family needs it and she drives them and is legally entitled to use it WHEN that person is in the vehicle.

Mind you that you have every right on behalf of ALL handicapped people to begin an inquiry into this matter as a concerned citizen.
It PISSES me off to no end when people do this and no one stands up to them.

I was at a Sports Authority in Bloomingdale when i parked my truck and as i was approaching the handicap stall a lady turned in real quick almost hitting me (not really but close) and i looked at her plate and nothing. I asked her if she had a tag to park there and she said she would only be a minute and then asked me why i cared snotty like!) Okay well now i am pissed so i go back to my truck and pull out of the spot and i stop close to the rear of her vehicle and blocked her in. she had the pole and barrier in front so she was locked in!

Just my.02
That is awesome. Glad to see the cop cooperate.
post #18 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-21-2003, 12:04 PM

Sportbike: BMW R1100s
Years Riding: 13
How you found us: Rider

Expose the bitch!

Take pictures and send them to the Dept of Revenue!

Then send them to Walter Jacobson and Fox News! If you're lucky she'll be a City of Chicago Employee and they'll raise a stink!

Blah, Blah, Blah

Get your Portable ID!
post #19 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-21-2003, 12:14 PM
Please attend carefully..

Sportbike: 2000 ZX6R (the green one!)
Years Riding: 2000
How you found us: I've been here a while...

Maybe she's mentally handicapped???????

"Stupidity is also a gift of God, but one mustn't misuse it." - JP2

"Life is just a place where we spend time between games" - former Philadelphia Flyers coach Fred Shero

"everyone's a nutjob, some just have more restraint than others" - EndlessRR
post #20 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-21-2003, 12:16 PM
Your friendly Crazy Canuk

Sportbike: Ducati ST3 2005 Gloss Black, Monster 620, 2007 Sport Classic 1000
Years Riding: Crashing sucessfully since 1969
How you found us: Thru favorednation (ron)

Send a message via AIM to RickC1957 Send a message via Yahoo to RickC1957
Brian,

I have a "challenged" child, my youngest boy is autistic, which qualifies my wife and I for handicap permits. We chose not to get the permit, because he's fully mobile, people who are challenged physically should have those spots. I would report her.

Rick

Sometimes goodbye is your second chance.
post #21 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-21-2003, 12:27 PM
Please attend carefully..

Sportbike: 2000 ZX6R (the green one!)
Years Riding: 2000
How you found us: I've been here a while...

Quote:
Originally posted by RickC1957
people who are challenged physically should have those spots. I would report her.

Rick
EXACTLY!!!!!

Unless there is some unseen disability (physical or mental), she is causing an inconvenience and grave injustice to someone who REALLY needs it.

Go into shark attack mode and smell blood.

"Stupidity is also a gift of God, but one mustn't misuse it." - JP2

"Life is just a place where we spend time between games" - former Philadelphia Flyers coach Fred Shero

"everyone's a nutjob, some just have more restraint than others" - EndlessRR
post #22 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-21-2003, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by SloRoll
Try a note on the windshield. Let her know she's being watched and no disability is being seen. Let her know she'll be reported if she is not legally diabled. If she's a phony, maybe this will knock some sense into her. If she's got a valid excuse maybe she'll respond.
White a professional letter liek above and have everyone at the train station that agrees with you to sign it....almost liek a petition.... because you're all gettign screwed by her not paying.

She should be ticketed in some manner and might even be required to not only prove her disability to a court, but also if found guilty, be required to pay for back parking charges.

I'm pretty asure that even with a valid handicapped parkign pass, you must yourself or a passenger in your vehicle be disabled and have a valid NEED to park there.

It could be that a relative that she regularly cares for is disabled and she's taking advantage of havign that parking pass.
post #23 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-21-2003, 12:39 PM

Mind your own business!
post #24 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-21-2003, 01:00 PM

Yea we only know one side of the story so it's not fair to say anything. My question is why don't they charge a fee to park in the handicap spot? Not to sound crappy, but if we're all battling for equality, then why is this small fee waived?
post #25 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-21-2003, 01:22 PM
bwa
Boom

Quote:
Originally posted by BIGGY
My question is why don't they charge a fee to park in the handicap spot? Not to sound crappy, but if we're all battling for equality, then why is this small fee waived?
I agree. I thought the permit only gave you a spot close to location, not waived the parking charge?
post #26 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-21-2003, 01:29 PM
Bring it on!!!!

Sportbike: Honda F6B
Years Riding: Since 98
How you found us: Friend, Motobeagle-RIP

Welcome to reality! Fake a limp and get your own pass. I work with a women who is constantly on dissability because she's FAT, your cryin about a dollar a day, this lady doesn't even come to work and gets paid as much as the rest of us. The worst part is nobody minds cause she is such a bitch, we pay her not to come.

Anti-drama
post #27 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-21-2003, 05:19 PM
(no comment)

Sportbike: 98 YZF-R1, 2004 FJR1300
Years Riding: since 95
How you found us: Stumbled in

Leave her a note asking her to contact me at my email address. I'd love to get my hands on one of those permits.
post #28 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-21-2003, 05:39 PM

Some people think the signs should say this instead, so they park there. Jerks. My displeasure grows proportionately to the price of the car illegally parking there.
post #29 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-21-2003, 11:17 PM
Registered Abuser

Sportbike: ATK605,CR250,VTX
Years Riding: 26
How you found us: S.C.M.O.D.S.

I think you should get your own handicap tag and take her spot

Life has no instruction manual. Parts and labor can be impossible to find. Many go down the road with parts that are in need of service. A breakdown is eventual.
post #30 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-21-2003, 11:20 PM

i agree,

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode