So Here is my Situation..... (Long Read) - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 104 (permalink) Old 03-19-2009, 05:48 PM Thread Starter
Bug
Ridiculously Good Looking

Sportbike: Sportbike?
Years Riding: No F'in Idea
How you found us: 4 & 6

So Here is my Situation - PICS..... (Long Read)

I rent my parking spot in my Bldg as when I bought here back in '03, I was coming off a 6 month "break in work" when I toured with that ALMS Race Team so $$ was a little tight and I did not have an extra $25K to throw at a spot to buy - I have been paying $175.00 a month with no contract to the owner of the spot who lives in the Bldg - I just slip cash under their door in an envelope at the 1st of every month - Uber Cool Couple that lets me skip a month and pay dbl next time or if $$ is fat, I pay like 3-4 months at a time too - FFWD to present day....

There is a new spot renter next to me now (spot was empty FOR EVER and I loved it, so easy to get the bikes out with no car next to me) and the dude is a fucking toolbag - He parks sooooo close to me because he is scared to get close to the wall on the other side - So much that sometimes he is over the line in my spot - I have been polite in asking for him to not get so close - Hand written letters with all my contact info - Face to Face conversations in a nice tone and no bashing - Dude still keeps parking WAY close to me - He has door dinged my car about 6 times now - I have no proof it was him but the dings have Black Paint like his and I have never had ONE ding until he started parking there - When I park outside of my Bldg I park WAY out so to avoid dings so I know it is him - He does not even live in the Bldg but rents a spot because he spends most of his time with his fat ugly girlfriend who lives here

I have the opportunity to move down a floor and rent (2) spots side by side and one of the spots is next to a wall - This will allow me to put both bikes in the spot next to the wall and have the VW in the other - This however comes with a $150.00 for each spot per month price tag and I do not have a back wall to keep the elements out of the picture - There is a half wall with screen but wind and crap can still get in - There is also ANOTHER single spot for rent on my current floor for only $185.00 a month and it is an End Spot so getting the bikes in and out would be a breeze

Do I buck up and take on the extra $125.00 a month from what I am spending right now (would not break me but in today's economy, I am trying to be smart with my spending) and have the liberty of a 2nd spot for the bikes or even a guest or do I just take the other single spot with easy end parking and in & out access for the bikes? - I am tired of fighting with this choad and do not want anymore door dings and would LOVE easy access for the bikes - Not to mention I am about at the fist to cuffs stage with him and do not need any "legal ramifications" if I lose my temper and sock him square in the snaught locker

Thoughts? - I am REALLY leaning towards the dbl spot but the exposure to the elements thing has me in a pickle

Thanks for your time

EDIT.....See Pics Attached at how close he is to me and how much room he has on the other side - This is what I come home to everyday now
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 30446.jpg (56.9 KB, 155 views)
File Type: jpg 90640.jpg (45.2 KB, 138 views)

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming WOW, what a RIDE !!"

Last edited by Bug; 03-19-2009 at 06:34 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 104 (permalink) Old 03-19-2009, 05:52 PM

Flip a coin, the coin knows all.
post #3 of 104 (permalink) Old 03-19-2009, 05:53 PM
Super Moderator

Sportbike: bikeless
Years Riding: 10
How you found us: Shit, you know I'm a clsb OG!

Send a message via AIM to Vcook
get the 2 spots.

3 weeks after moving take a crobar to this guys doors and leave several "door dings".

Chris
post #4 of 104 (permalink) Old 03-19-2009, 05:53 PM
Greg

Sportbike: 2008 HD VRSCAW, 1985 Honda XR350R (Sold), 2001 SV650s (Sold), 2002 Sea-Doo GTX Di
Years Riding: I thought I was getting the hang of it...back to the basics.
How you found us: mentioned on svrider.com

Send a message via Yahoo to gsd656
Sounds like you own a unit in this building. If so, make a formal complaint to the board, some are better then others, and see if they can give you any assistance in addressing the problem. Sounds like you have a decent spot, decent rate and cool landlords, you never know how the owners of the other spots are gonna be and if they give you shit.

Just my 2 cents, good luck.

Greg

post #5 of 104 (permalink) Old 03-19-2009, 05:54 PM
You got the talkin' done

Sportbike: 2016 Honda Africa Twin & 1979 Honda CB750F
Years Riding: long enough to have fallen off a few times - glad I wear a helmet!
How you found us: Loose Lips Sink Ships, Loose Wires Cause Fires

My thought is to put on a pair of boots and put a big old dent in his door. On the side that faces the wall.

The board may not help you if it is a violation of the rules to rent that spot out.

If you ain't with us, then it's just bad news.
post #6 of 104 (permalink) Old 03-19-2009, 05:54 PM

Sportbike: '04 CBR 600RR
Years Riding: days
How you found us: youngkow's monkey ass

What a tool bag. First I'd ding the shit out of his car and then I'd move to the single spot that is away from the elements of the double spot. Costs less and you're doing fine without the double space anyways.
post #7 of 104 (permalink) Old 03-19-2009, 05:54 PM
Flyin' low...............

Sportbike: '06 CBRF4i
Years Riding: off n on for 15 years
How you found us: I love Portillos!

6 door dings???

man I woulda been at his car with a ball peen hammer already
post #8 of 104 (permalink) Old 03-19-2009, 05:54 PM
Clever Girl

Sportbike: 'Fightered F3
Years Riding: 3 years
How you found us: I woke up here.

Send a message via AIM to Noodles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vcook View Post
get the 2 spots.

3 weeks after moving take a crobar to this guys doors and leave several "door dings".
Vcook is always right.

Anyone else in your building have a bike? Any possibility to rent part of the second space to another biker for $75/month?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodles View Post
Noodles accepts no liability for the content of this post, or for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided, unless that information is subsequently confirmed in writing. Any views or opinions presented in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Noodles.
post #9 of 104 (permalink) Old 03-19-2009, 05:55 PM
Teach me to Ride Please

Sportbike: 2012 HD street glide, 2011 BMW S1000RR, 2006 CBR F4I, 2003 Honda XR50
Years Riding: Not long enough
How you found us: The voices in my head

Send a message via AIM to Guess Who? Send a message via MSN to Guess Who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bug View Post
I rent my parking spot in my Bldg as when I bought here back in '03, I was coming off a 6 month "break in work" when I toured with that ALMS Race Team so $$ was a little tight and I did not have an extra $25K to throw at a spot to buy - I have been paying $175.00 a month with no contract to the owner of the spot who lives in the Bldg - I just slip cash under their door in an envelope at the 1st of every month - Uber Cool Couple that lets me skip a month and pay dbl next time or if $$ is fat, I pay like 3-4 months at a time too - FFWD to present day....

There is a new spot renter next to me now (spot was empty FOR EVER and I loved it, so easy to get the bikes out with no car next to me) and the dude is a fucking toolbag - He parks sooooo close to me because he is scared to get close to the wall on the other side - So much that sometimes he is over the line in my spot - I have been polite in asking for him to not get so close - Hand written letters with all my contact info - Face to Face conversations in a nice tone and no bashing - Dude still keeps parking WAY close to me - He has door dinged my car about 6 times now - I have no proof it was him but the dings have Black Paint like his and I have never had ONE ding until he started parking there - When I park outside of my Bldg I park WAY out so to avoid dings so I know it is him - He does not even live in the Bldg but rents a spot because he spends most of his time with his fat ugly girlfriend who lives here

I have the opportunity to move down a floor and rent (2) spots side by side and one of the spots is next to a wall - This will allow me to put both bikes in the spot next to the wall and have the VW in the other - This however comes with a $150.00 for each spot per month price tag and I do not have a back wall to keep the elements out of the picture - There is a half wall with screen but wind and crap can still get in - There is also ANOTHER single spot for rent on my current floor for only $185.00 a month and it is an End Spot so getting the bikes in and out would be a breeze

Do I buck up and take on the extra $125.00 a month from what I am spending right now (would not break me but in today's economy, I am trying to be smart with my spending) and have the liberty of a 2nd spot for the bikes or even a guest or do I just take the other single spot with easy end parking and in & out access for the bikes? - I am tired of fighting with this choad and do not want anymore door dings and would LOVE easy access for the bikes - Not to mention I am about at the fist to cuffs stage with him and do not need any "legal ramifications" if I lose my temper and sock him square in the snaught locker

Thoughts? - I am REALLY leaning towards the dbl spot but the exposure to the elements thing has me in a pickle

Thanks for your time
Your bikes are in storage in the winter correct? If you don't need 2 spots then I wouldn't waste the money but that is just me. I would opt more for the end spot on your current level. what do you do with the extra spot whenthe bikes are in storage?

RIP ASHWIN 7/23/2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odysseys View Post
trust me i am not the same cock sucker i was a few years ago either and so on.
post #10 of 104 (permalink) Old 03-19-2009, 05:56 PM
Super Moderator

Sportbike: bikeless
Years Riding: 10
How you found us: Shit, you know I'm a clsb OG!

Send a message via AIM to Vcook
Quote:
Vcook is always right.

Anyone else in your building have a bike? Any possibility to rent part of the second space to another biker for $75/month?
ding ding ding. you should be able to find someone to use some of that space at least a few months out of the year.

Chris
post #11 of 104 (permalink) Old 03-19-2009, 06:01 PM

Sportbike: yz250f
Years Riding: 25 years
How you found us: dont recall

name of fat ugly GF please...bet she can polish a knob like a pro!

Mike

When the tailgate drops..the bullshit stops
Hunt ethically - Hunt with a trained Retriever !
post #12 of 104 (permalink) Old 03-19-2009, 06:02 PM Thread Starter
Bug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess Who? View Post
what do you do with the extra spot whenthe bikes are in storage?
Never thought of this - Helluva a point

I have approached the Mgt Office and I can file a formal complaint but it really does nothing but go on recored to show a complaint - The Mgt Office owns the dbl spots and I would be renting from them if I go the Dbl route - I just hung up with the owner of the spot on my floor and he is way cool and turns out I know him from the Bldg (well, the pool really) and he has moved to Texas but rents his place here and the current owner does not have a car and does not need the single spot

I have not retaliated to this kid for fear of what he might do to my bikes - He can ding my shit and it does not hurt me physically but if he starts to fuck with my bikes which causes me to go down (and not in the way i am accustom to) then was it worth me fucking his shit up to start all this? - I have thought this through on every level

it would however be nice to have a 2nd spot for guests and such

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming WOW, what a RIDE !!"
post #13 of 104 (permalink) Old 03-19-2009, 06:07 PM
Don't stare for too long

Sportbike: 2 Wheels and an engine
Years Riding: Not long enough
How you found us: ?

Why am I thinking of brake fluild..... hmmm...
post #14 of 104 (permalink) Old 03-19-2009, 06:12 PM

Sportbike: 2003 Aprilia Mille R Colin Edwards / 01-02 Ninj ZX6r Tracktoy / 2003 SV650
Years Riding: 12
How you found us: some guy at the IBM credit union told me about it

6 bucks a gallon or so...
Any pool supply store should have it
post #15 of 104 (permalink) Old 03-19-2009, 06:13 PM Thread Starter
Bug

The Dings are tiny and the car is leased so they fall under the normal "wear & tear" but it is more a matter of principal at this point - Guy Code - You don't fuck with another mans ride - Plain and simple

post #16 of 104 (permalink) Old 03-19-2009, 06:17 PM

Sportbike: A couple
Years Riding: too long to have any sense
How you found us: NESBA

Sounds like the end spot is a trade from the newly bad situation you find yourself in for only a $10/mo increase.

2 spots would be cool, especially if you could sublet some space in them to other bikers. A cover on each bike would go a long way to protect against the elements.

So - do you want the 2 spots, or just to be free of the jerk parking next to you? You might even treat the 2-spot option as if it were an upgrade from the present spot sans the jerk for purposes of evaluating the value of the 2-spot option.

The answer(s) to that question(s) will point you in the proper direction.

And I'd explain to your current landlord why you are leaving, and that it's not them, but the jerk who parks next to you.

Don't get into the revenge/retribution game. Everyone loses when you go there.

Craig
post #17 of 104 (permalink) Old 03-19-2009, 06:21 PM Thread Starter
Bug

Quote:
The beauty of the spots here are that they are HUGE (that is what kills me with this douche and his inability to fuckin park) and all those who have bikes do as I do and just tuck them in front of their cars - Hell, I can fit (2) bikes and a car in my current spot - I hate to take on an extra buck twenty five a month - The only bummer abut the other single spot is that it is on the same floor and is close to the ramp to get down - Plenty of room on the other side for cars to get by - My only concern is just having both bikes out in plain view for all to see as they enter and exit the fifth floor or come down from 6 & 7 to leave or go up to 6 & 7 to park - Damn it! - I had it SOOOOOO good until dickfuck started parking next to me

post #18 of 104 (permalink) Old 03-19-2009, 06:23 PM Thread Starter
Bug

Quote:
Originally Posted by beac83 View Post
Don't get into the revenge/retribution game. Everyone loses when you go there.
Precisely

post #19 of 104 (permalink) Old 03-19-2009, 06:33 PM
Evil Moderatrix

Location: Think corn and pigs. Lots and lots of corn and pigs.
Location: Think corn and pigs. Lots and lots of corn and pigs.
Sportbike: A Big Blue One, a threesome of Sexy Red Ones - and a Happy Yellow One!
Years Riding: Quarter century.
How you found us: I was looking for Jimmy Choo's in my shoe closet.

Send a message via AIM to KBOlsen
From my time as a Lincoln Park Trixie... two spaces is the hot setup.

Perfect for 'company'... bikes... etc... well worth it.

Kim
CCS AM #815 - the cute, fuzzy, yellow, spoiled-rotten half of Team Duc Tape!
I break stuff
Duck, duck, duck, GUZ!
post #20 of 104 (permalink) Old 03-19-2009, 06:35 PM Thread Starter
Bug

See first Post updated with Pics

You have a great point Kim - Def adds to the Baller Status

post #21 of 104 (permalink) Old 03-19-2009, 06:36 PM

Sportbike: Honda Interceptor
Years Riding: including today?

Here ya go. Send some nice flowers to fugly girl friend, with no card. She calls him to thank him. Argument ensues. He shitcans her. You get extra space back.
post #22 of 104 (permalink) Old 03-19-2009, 06:37 PM Thread Starter
Bug

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceptor View Post
Here ya go. Send some nice flowers to fugly girl friend, with no card. She calls him to thank him. Argument ensues. He shitcans her. You get extra space back.
Dude, I like how you think - I would have expected this from EMR but DAMN you are good - No offense to all knowing Primate but.......

post #23 of 104 (permalink) Old 03-19-2009, 06:40 PM

Sportbike: Honda Interceptor
Years Riding: including today?

Or offer to trade spaces with toolbag. you get a nice corner spot
post #24 of 104 (permalink) Old 03-19-2009, 06:40 PM
Enjoying Life!!

Sportbike: 09 Night Rod Black Denim
Years Riding: Not Long Enuff!!!!
How you found us: Friends

I would take the pics to his Gf and tell her to fuckin deal with it or else and see what happens.

I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin', and hook up with them later!!
post #25 of 104 (permalink) Old 03-19-2009, 06:45 PM
Cruising through life

Sportbike: '11 Harley VRSCF
Years Riding: 7 years
How you found us: searched under "degenerates"

are there any cameras in your parking garage?? just asking because if any damage were to befall this douchebag's car having a cop *cough cough* provide an ailbi works wonders you know... hypothetically of course
post #26 of 104 (permalink) Old 03-19-2009, 06:46 PM Thread Starter
Bug

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceptor View Post
Or offer to trade spaces with toolbag. you get a nice corner spot
Dealing with that wall is a pain in the ass but I HAVE thought of this too

Chey - I did talk to her with him there one time and she was a fucking cunt (sorry ladies) to me - Told him "C'mon, we don't have to listen to this" and pulled him away - Fat Ass Bitter Bitch! - It does not help matters when I am in a suit looking as good as one possibly can and her douchebag boyfriend has the style of a fucking Hobo - Wait, that is a bit of an insult to the common everyday Hobo.....

post #27 of 104 (permalink) Old 03-19-2009, 06:48 PM Thread Starter
Bug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muskrat View Post
are there any cameras in your parking garage?? just asking because if any damage were to befall this douchebag's car having a cop *cough cough* provide an ailbi works wonders you know... hypothetically of course
No cameras and one of my close friends is CPD and is on the Mayor's Body Guard Detail - 6'6 Brotha about 240 and ripped - When I asked him about it, he told me to quit being a pussy and just beat the shit outta the kid - He then asked me to stop wasting his time with such bullshit - I love that fuckin Cop buddy of mine

post #28 of 104 (permalink) Old 03-19-2009, 06:50 PM
Cruising through life

Sportbike: '11 Harley VRSCF
Years Riding: 7 years
How you found us: searched under "degenerates"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bug View Post
No cameras and one of my close friends is CPD and is on the Mayor's Body Guard Detail - 6'6 Brotha about 240 and ripped - When I asked him about it, he told me to quit being a pussy and just beat the shit outta the kid - He then asked me to stop wasting his time with such bullshit - I love that fuckin Cop buddy of mine
his name wouldn't be brian would it?? used to know a guy who fits that description when i used to work at the multiplex years ago
post #29 of 104 (permalink) Old 03-19-2009, 06:52 PM

Sportbike: A couple
Years Riding: too long to have any sense
How you found us: NESBA

Are there any other spots available to buy? Maybe there are some other spots that won't have the issues that these 3 do.

Can you move your car farther to the other side of the spot without crowding your other side neighbor?

Civil suit for damages to the car?

Looking at the pics - ask him to back in?

Craig

Last edited by beac83; 03-19-2009 at 06:56 PM.
post #30 of 104 (permalink) Old 03-19-2009, 07:00 PM
Chief Apex Inspector

Sportbike: The Bird is the *word* - XX
Years Riding: Lots
How you found us: Stuck on the bottom of my race boot.......

File a vandalism complaint with the local Police ?

Tom

T2
It's ALL between the ears.....
NESBA Midwest CR #82 ( Hey - T2! ) Retired ?
FJR and a Big Red Wing-Thing
BLARNEY's GARAGE

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode