Nascar Technical Institute - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-16-2009, 08:50 PM Thread Starter

Nascar Technical Institute

I've never really been interested in UTI, but the prospect of working for a race team is a dream of mine.

Does anyone know someone who completed this? I know it's a long shot considering it's in North Carolina but don't really know where to get unbiased answers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-16-2009, 09:00 PM
C2M
ǝɹoɯʎuɐ ʞɔnɟ ɐ sǝʌıƃ oɥʍ

Sportbike: 636/ zzr600/ r6
Years Riding: Since 07
How you found us: bathroom stall

speed channel you'll get tons of nascar info

go time traveler style and go back in time, fuck his grandma, then shoot forward in time and then fuck his mom. Then return back to present state and call him a the product of two incest whores and hes your son and show video of you plowing the both members of his family. .
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-16-2009, 09:05 PM
The Corn Contingency

Sportbike: 954
Years Riding: long enough to know better!
How you found us: Ernie

I had a buddy that attended it. He works in a Nascar shop now. I think he does suspension work.

It all goes back together the way it came apart...unless it came apart at redline!
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-16-2009, 09:23 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSCustoms View Post
I had a buddy that attended it. He works in a Nascar shop now. I think he does suspension work.
Sweet. You still keep in contact with him? When did he attend and did he mention what the job market was like?
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-16-2009, 09:24 PM

Sportbike: ninja
Years Riding: since I was a kid
How you found us: K.I.T.T.

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/nas...l-for-scandal/

I'm sure finding a nascar job is going to be very tough. And they will look for someone that stands out in the field.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-16-2009, 09:30 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by taledarkside View Post
http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/nas...l-for-scandal/

I'm sure finding a nascar job is going to be very tough. And they will look for someone that stands out in the field.
I figured as much, UTI has always seemed shady to me... maybe I should just try going to graduate school.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-16-2009, 09:36 PM

Sportbike: ninja
Years Riding: since I was a kid
How you found us: K.I.T.T.

have you worked on any cars?

southern Illinois has a 4 year automotive program.

Only thing I would find worth going to UTI or wyoming tech is some of the specialized classes.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-16-2009, 09:38 PM
Flyin' Lo and Free

Sportbike: 1998 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Years Riding: too many to count
How you found us: another rider on the street

Hi, being a former UTI Instructor here in Glendale Hts. I can tell you that the NTI course is tough. You have to go through the basic Auto program first and maintain a very high GPA. As mentioned before, and as I understand from the business end of it, job placement is very tough, especially with todays economy. If you were to be at the top of your class your chances would be a little better. I was the type of instructor that always told my students to go for it. Even if you don't make it to where you want to be, at least you tried it and got the experience. You never know what could happen. Give them a call and get the info. Cheers.

1998 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird...Puig Touring screen, Corbin Gunfighter/lady saddle, Two Bros. C2 Polished Aluminum Oval Slip-Ons, Factory Pro Stage 1 jet kit, VFR bars, Pazzo style levers, Hyperpro spring kit w/Jaws fork preload adjusters, Roadsmart tires, more to come.

ASE Automotive Master Tech, 20+ years in the business. Will do side jobs at my house, your parts or mine. PM for available services, questions and labor quote. Happy to give advice as well.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-16-2009, 09:53 PM

Sportbike: '04 CBR 600RR
Years Riding: days
How you found us: youngkow's monkey ass

UTI grad programs are only good if you're willing to sign your life away for a year or 3 after you graduate. You don't pay for the programs so you sign your life away and they basically own your ass for years and can place you in the middle of Oklahoma if they'd like. My personal opinion is if you didn't grow up around cars and fixing them with a natural talent for fixing shit, going to school isn't going to magically make you better at it. You go and pay copious amounts of money to learn at a state of the art facility and then get a piece of paper that helps you get your foot in the door.

If you do it, make sure you do it because it is your passion and not for money. Have you ever seen a rich mechanic? If you think there's a chance you might lose interest don't even bother. In no way do I mean to discourage you, I am only trying to emphasize the importance of choosing and commiting to this path.

I graduated from UTI with a high GPA and had some awards along the way as well. In the end it doesn't mean jack shit unless you have the experience and know how to play shop politics. Book time is a bitch when all the cock smoking juice sucking techs bring donuts for the service writers every morning.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode