Tell us a secret you know... - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-17-2009, 01:51 PM Thread Starter
Resident Slow Guy

Sportbike: Ain't got none!
Years Riding: Since May 21, 2011
How you found us: The intarwebz

Send a message via Yahoo to ENutz
Tell us a secret you know...

Because of your work that others might not know.

I borrowed this thread idea from another forum and found some really crazy shit and thought I would share. Feel free to contribute.

Quote:
cut up fruit assortments or anything that is obviously cut up and for sale in a produce market is 95% of the time rotten fruit that was salvaged
Quote:
Dairy Queen--

A small blizzard costs roughly 15 cents. You pay around 2.99.

Almost every topping is mixed with a substance called "simple syrup." Simple syrup is basically a mixture of nasty tap water, tons of sugar, and acid.

Simple syrup is mixed fifty-fifty or greater with toppings like chocolate, strawberries, pineapple, butterscotch, and so on.

It doesn't matter if fruit gets mold on it, we just take it off and use it all anyway.

The ice cream isn't real, it's all synthetic and it costs next to nothing.
Quote:
Canvasing for children's charity, a.k.a.: sponsoring a child:

- The money you give actually doesn't go directly to the child, it goes to the community or charity center the child lives near. So don't believe it when you hear "the money goes straight to the child". The only thing the kid gets is to be allowed to participate in the charity program.

- It actually takes 6 sponserships for one child to live off. Even if the kid has a sponsor, he/she won't live adequately unless the charity finds him/her 5 more sponsors or so.

- Non-for-profit organizations have an overhead as much as 45%, but the best ones have only 20%.

- Charities hire "middlemen" for million dollar contracts. The middlemen are basically private sector companies that have a responsibility to bring the charity certain amount of sponsors/donations in any means, usually canvasing on the street.

- The people on the street who work for the middlemen, who in turn works for the charity, will say and do almost anything to get you to sponsor a child. They have a quota and get bonuses every time they get people to sign up.

- The same thing goes for other non-profit organizations, like for example, greenpeace. They do the exact same thing.
Quote:
My youngest brother worked briefly at a "free-range" farm in western Massachusetts. It consisted of big barns of chickens (15,000 per barn) all crowded together on cement floors. The same with cows. He basically informed me that "organic" and "free-range" foods are one of the biggest scams going right now.
Quote:
Dog pounds sell euthanizied dog and cat back to pet food companies which break down the animals into canned dog and cat food or powdered substances for fish food and livestock. This substance is often listed as "meat-by product".

<- Erwin

CCS AM #611

"Nigga if you ride, nigga you gon fall!" - Katt Williams

Ashwin Gopal, David Ryan, Baby Ronin Tyler, John George, Chris Kotacka aka 'Arch', Eva Grzegorczyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob, Esq. View Post
image v. substance. Some people want to be motorcyclists, others just want to be seen as motorcyclists.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-17-2009, 01:53 PM
Serious inquiries only

Sportbike: Specialized Allez Comp; Gkotlin's SV650
Years Riding: Always learning
How you found us: Google

Send a message via AIM to Mort82
McDonald's is unhealthy.
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-17-2009, 01:55 PM Thread Starter
Resident Slow Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mort82 View Post
McDonald's is unhealthy.

<- Erwin

CCS AM #611

Ashwin Gopal, David Ryan, Baby Ronin Tyler, John George, Chris Kotacka aka 'Arch', Eva Grzegorczyk

Quote:
image v. substance. Some people want to be motorcyclists, others just want to be seen as motorcyclists.
post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-17-2009, 01:59 PM
Lookin to Ride!

Sportbike: 2008 CBR 1000RR and 2010 Victory Jackpot premium
Years Riding: One could say, I've been around the block a few times....
How you found us: Through the "GrapeVine"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mort82 View Post
McDonald's is unhealthy.
You stop it with those rediculous accusations!!!!!

Tom
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-17-2009, 02:02 PM
Model citizen

Sportbike: ktm
Years Riding: a few
How you found us: SBN

I'm not wearing underwear

Eric
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-17-2009, 02:02 PM
Bop your way home...

Sportbike: Hypermotard
Years Riding: since 99'
How you found us: Googled "bullshit artists"

"Quote: cut up fruit assortments or anything that is obviously cut up and for sale in a produce market is 95% of the time rotten fruit that was salvaged"

This is actually fruit that had dents or soft spots. If the produce industry would just throw this fruit away instead of taking the effort to use the good parts of the fruit you would be paying double for fruit. Maximizing profit and reducing waste...not a bad thing at all.

-Alan-
Balancing the Paradox
of Art and Profit
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-17-2009, 02:03 PM
Armed law abiding citizen

Sportbike: '74 Yamaha RD350
Years Riding: idk

People complain about a train rumbling through their neighborhood with a car of napalm, but we carry stuff 10x worse than that more often than napalm.
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-17-2009, 02:04 PM Thread Starter
Resident Slow Guy

More...

Quote:
Insurance companies don't make money off of premiums, i.e. from actually insuring people.

For every dollar they take in premiums, they pay approx one dollar in claims / operating costs.

They make money by investing the money while they have it (i.e. after they take in the premiums but before they pay it out in claims).

Also, bodyshops and towtruck drivers are crooks who make disgusting amounts of $$. They act all blue-collar, but you should see the houses some of these jerks live in.
Quote:
Hotels

- Getting your room, food, etc. for free during your stay is pretty easy if you're willing to complain enough

- If you're checking in during a time when you think the hotel is sold out get there early, all hotels oversell their rooms anticipating that some people won't show up

- Conversely, if you show up late after all of the rooms have been given out (and you have a reservation) they will comp your stay at another hotel

<- Erwin

CCS AM #611

Quote:
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-17-2009, 02:10 PM Thread Starter
Resident Slow Guy

More...

Quote:
The idea behind the warranty is similar to the idea behind the mail-in rebate. The companies are hoping that:

1. You'll forget to register your extended warranty
2. Nothing will happen to the shitty product you bought
3. You'll forget you even bought the warranty

Same thing with rebates. Statistics show that if you forget to fill out a mail-in rebate the day you purchased a rebate item, there's an 80% chance you'll never fill it out. Which means you just paid full price for something you could have gotten money back for.

Plus, the extra money you spend before you get the rebate check is first invested by the company. That way, the company can snag a little interest off you before they give you your money back.

Warranties on more expensive items are usually more cost effective. But where I work, we try to sell warranties on the stupidest shit. Unless you're buying something for more than $500 dollars, it probably isn't worth your money (unless you KNOW that what you're buying is gonna crap out). Also, you gotta make sure that the warranty you buy is good for full reimbursement, and not just repair. Fine print is important.

<- Erwin

CCS AM #611

Quote:
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-17-2009, 02:41 PM
Flyin' low...............

Sportbike: '06 CBRF4i
Years Riding: off n on for 15 years
How you found us: I love Portillos!

all those lil bottles of liquor you pay $6 on the airline when flying?

the airlines get them for free as "promotional" from the liquor makers, so it's pure profit from your pocket to ours
post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-17-2009, 02:52 PM Thread Starter
Resident Slow Guy

More...

Quote:
Back in the mid-90's I was called in to investigate a handful of cases involving corpse molestations in a local hospital morgue.....It seems a member of the staff was entering the morgue in the wee hours and taking liberties with some of the bodies (I won't get graphic). Because the hospital staff was so large it was near impossible to pin down who was doing it but I suspected a security guard who quickly resigned as soon as the interviewing began. No DNA to work with (smart dude who was probably bagging before tagging).

Several months later I went to a seminar and related my experience to detectives from other agencies. More than a handful advised me that they had had similar investigations in their jurisdictions.

The M.E. who worked in the hospital was a well travelled dude who had worked for a dozen or so jurisdictions in his lengthy career. He told me that just about every place he had worked in the past had these type of incidents . He also told me that the hospital administrations tend to hinder investigations and or sweep things under the rug to avoid the inevitable embarassment and the onslaught of law suits.
Quote:
Oftentimes Judges make up their mind before hearing the oral arguments.
I worked for a a judge last summer. The night before she would hear a case the research attorney and I would "brief" her on the situation, the arguments, and how we thought she should rule. Then the next day the attorneys would come in and argue their cases, she'd act stupid (as if she didn't know what they were talking about), and then rule the way she had planned to rule the night before.
Quote:
Psychiatry is so full of half-truths and misconceptions (on the part of the clinicians), I could scarcely note them all. Here's a few:

My fave: many symptoms presented by children that get treatment are actually in response to abuse and abandonment, not ADHD.

If you have insurance to pay for outpatient therapy, even if you're in horribly dire straights, have been abused, addiction etc- you'll be lucky to get 6 sessions.

Many clinicians suggest meds because they've run out of their own ideas, or are simply confronted with their own incompetence, as opposed to someone really requiring them.

Psychiatrists often charge for "a therapeutic hour", but often see their clients for barely 15 minutes.

We don't really know how and/or why (sometimes if) most every pharmaceutical psychoactive drug works.

Music:
You're hardly listening to a lot of the bands you think you are. Vocalists are constantly getting pitch-corrected.

A lot of instruments are being played by studio musicians as opposed to the bands themselves.

People aren't even playing through songs and recording 'em. They pick the best "sections" (verses, choruses, bridges etc), and copy/paste 'em in software.

Lots of lyrics aren't even being written by the bands/artists. We're not talking about doing covers or collaboration- there's cats that simply get their stuff purchased and played by other "musicians" because their own songs are t3h suxx0rz.

Bands do not make a shitload of money. They're lucky to make a buck (literally) off of every CD. However, the rationale then used for downloading music hurts the artist as much as it hurts the record company in question.
Quote:
I forgot earlier, but Duct cleaning is a complete fucking scam. There is no reason whatsoever that you would ever need to clean out your ducts. I'll explain why...

You have two sets of ducts in your house, supply ducts and return ducts. Your furnace sucks in cold air through the return ducts in your house, heats it, and sends it back through supply ducts. The only dust you'll find in your supply ducts is dust that falls through the register on the floor. You can clean this yourself with a vacuum cleaner hose.

The return air ducts however may be filled with all kinds of dust. The thing is, that you have a fucking filter that stops the dust from getting through.

So, either pay 2 dollars and change your filter. Or pay over 200 dollars and have a duct cleaning company come out and hook up hoses to a truck and suck out shit from your ducts. Also, just a reminder, change your filters every month, and you'll save on heating costs as well as help prevent future repairs.

<- Erwin

CCS AM #611

Quote:
post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-17-2009, 02:52 PM
he who is absent foreskin

Sportbike: Z1000
Years Riding: 3 years
How you found us: Search Engine

Send a message via AIM to Loki047
Scrambled eggs at some restaurants come as a yellow liquire in a giant container. If you want to make sure you have real eggs order them some other way than scrambled.

Bakers Square Regular Ranch and the Lite Ranch were both from the same container.
post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-17-2009, 02:56 PM
he who is absent foreskin

Sportbike: Z1000
Years Riding: 3 years
How you found us: Search Engine

Send a message via AIM to Loki047
That load about duct cleaning is bullshit. I have seen some pretty disgusting ducts in my life.
post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-17-2009, 03:00 PM Thread Starter
Resident Slow Guy

More...

Quote:
private title companies will overcharge you and are always behind producing policies.

my old company used to tack on a "warranty" charge of about 800 bucks. warranty? for what!? not to mention they'd up the prices of tax/judgment searches as well as other charges that are state regulated. if you catch them, you can have them shut down.

check your HUD with a fine-tooth comb. it's about 2 pages, and you could save yourself about a grand or more. look for charges that don't seem to represent anything. ask questions. it's your money, you have the right to ask whatever the fuck you want. and private companies are so hard up for money at the moment, they'll do anything you want. title companies are "yes" companies. i work the biggest title company in the world, at the headquaters, and it's still like that here. we're overworked, don't produce what we say we will, but we still "yes" everyone to death for business. we're in the process of making one of our big costumers believe we're not as overworked and under producing as we are by hiding all the loose work and boxes full of files that haven't even been looked at yet in any place out of sight so when they come to see the office, they don't go into fuckin shock.

so yeah. title companies will fuck you over. not to mention it's the most pointless form of insurance in the world.
Quote:
I worked for VISA for a couple of years a while back.

Any establishment that accepts VISA cards is forbidden, by VISA, to make you buy a certain amount before you can charge it on your card. So if you go into a restaurant or liquor store or wherever, they are not allowed to make you buy $10.00 worth of stuff before you can use your VISA. They are not allowed to make you buy even 1 cent. The stores do this because they are charged by VISA for every transaction and they lose money if you don't buy something that costs more than what they are charged. Regardless, VISA will drop some heavy fines on the establishment or discontinue their service altogether if they find out about it.

<- Erwin

CCS AM #611

Quote:
post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-17-2009, 03:09 PM Thread Starter
Resident Slow Guy

Mortgage Industry -
Quote:
Just because the "loan officer" is charging you little to no points on your home's total finance amount, it doesn't mean he/she isn't making a point or 2% incentive from the bank by giving you a much higher Int.-rate than what you qualify for.

Example:
The average mortgage in So Cal is about 550+K... 1-2% of that = 5,500-10K <--- 75-90% net of that, and Mortgage-Industry-crooks make a killing at the expense of your ignorance.

Advice:
SHOP AROUND! Make sure you get what you truly qualify for, NOT what's in the best interest of some shady broker.

When shopping for an interest rate, don't just settle for a verbal quote, get it in writing and find out what the YSP (Yield Spread Premium) is. The YSP is disclosed in your Escrow's Final Estimate.. but - considering the stacks of papers to sign and thousands of diff figures - the YSP amount often & easily gets ignored. Ask and confirm any rebate/incentive going towards the broker/loan officer.

"No points up front" is total bull $hit.

Up until recently, this industry was like the wild-west. It's sad it took the market slowing down, for the Fed to start to scrutinize and punish questionable practices that have contributed to the recent stagnant housing bubble.

*shrugs* I guess in every profession there's more than a fair share of idiots giving professionals a bad name.
Quote:
high school teacher - my girl is a high school science teacher. the school board isn't concerned with academic growth as much as they're concerned with state test grades. every state has their own general evaluation testing that they run, and then those figures are compiled and released back to show state performance rankings in respect to which states are doing well and which are doing poorly. anyway, the school board tells the teachers to "teach to the test", meaning, don't worry about giving a complete run down of what needs to be learned, just cover what's on the state exams. Make sure they know that, and THEN you can move on to the other portions of the subject. But as all of you know, you don't end up covering all that you should have.

Basically, kids are getting cheated out of a full education in order for us to rank higher on a state-wide scale, which still pales in comparison on an international level. This is one reason why America ranks so low on the world's scale of education; we're half-assing and covering up, as usual.

<- Erwin

CCS AM #611

Quote:
post #16 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-17-2009, 03:19 PM
Ex-Ninja

Sportbike: 04 Yamaha R1
Years Riding: 5 years
How you found us: Friend

Send a message via AIM to whitedawg Send a message via Yahoo to whitedawg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erz View Post

That made me chuckle out loud at work.
post #17 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-17-2009, 03:35 PM
Sgt USMC

Sportbike: 2006 GSX-R 750
Years Riding: Apr 2007

... Congress does not need to know when/where Marines are 'deployed'

"I and the Public know, what all schoolchildren learn
Those to whom evil is done, do evil in return"
W. H. Auden
post #18 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-17-2009, 03:35 PM
Bug
Ridiculously Good Looking

Sportbike: Sportbike?
Years Riding: No F'in Idea
How you found us: 4 & 6

For Rdrash:

Cisco Systems has been providing customers with 35% to 45% discounts for years and making them think they are special with that discount level - Cisco will go up to 70% off list price without a moments hesitation if they think they are going to lose a customer to competition

How long have they been ripping you off?

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming WOW, what a RIDE !!"
post #19 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-17-2009, 03:35 PM Thread Starter
Resident Slow Guy

Wireless phones.

Quote:
Never purchase a phone from an independent dealer. If you're walking through the mall, do not stop at those cell phone carts. They are authorized dealers who are allowed to sell a particular service and charge absurd termination fees and give a very short refund/cancellation period. Go to a corporate store instead.

Secondly, most people who sell phones work on commision. Features pay the most. When I sold phones, features such as text messaging, picture messaging, mobile internet, etc.. paid dollar for dollar. So, if you were given the $4.99 text messaging plan, I would get a commision check for $4.99 at the end of the month. It would be safe to say that every person I dealt with, for whatever reason, left the store with something added to their bill. I would waive the first month and most customers would call customer care as opposed to coming back to the store when they figured out their bill was higher than usual. Most people don't even notice. If they came back and complained, we would tell them that it was a special promotion and they could cancel at any time. This applies to contract extensions as well, I remember a $5.00 bonus for every two year contract that was re-signed. Whether you liked it or not, you were re-signed.

Lastly, when you go to the phone store, do not have anything stored in your phone that is private. I'm talking about naked pictures, homemade porn, text messages, etc.

<- Erwin

CCS AM #611

Quote:
post #20 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-17-2009, 04:03 PM

Sportbike: 2003 Aprilia Mille R Colin Edwards / 01-02 Ninj ZX6r Tracktoy / 2003 SV650
Years Riding: 12
How you found us: some guy at the IBM credit union told me about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave13 View Post
People complain about a train rumbling through their neighborhood with a car of napalm, but we carry stuff 10x worse than that more often than napalm.
Trains in Indiana are *sometimes* carrying VX
The Times was nice enough to print the route and schedule.
..... and I still have to take my shoes off and occasionally have an asstard adjust my sack at the airport...
post #21 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-17-2009, 04:06 PM

Sportbike: 2003 Aprilia Mille R Colin Edwards / 01-02 Ninj ZX6r Tracktoy / 2003 SV650

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erz View Post
Dairy Queen--

It doesn't matter if fruit gets mold on it, we just take it off and use it all anyway.
I worked at a Dairy Queen in Indiana for .. like a month when I was 16 ...

You know how the hot dogs spin on that heater thing all day... Well at the end of the day they made us take them off.. put them in the fridge.. Bring them out the next day.. repeat repeat repeat -- after about a week they started turning green...

At that point we were told to make Chili dogs out of them.
post #22 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-17-2009, 04:09 PM
A.K.A. Vodka Waters

Sportbike: '06 GSX-R600 Red/Black
Years Riding: a few weeks
How you found us: Fell asleep on the keyboard, woke up here

Send a message via AIM to muddy Send a message via MSN to muddy
Quote:
Originally Posted by gconsier View Post
Trains in Indiana are *sometimes* carrying VX
The Times was nice enough to print the route and schedule.
..... and I still have to take my shoes off and occasionally have an asstard adjust my sack at the airport...
What's VX?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gconsier View Post
I worked at a Dairy Queen in Indiana for .. like a month when I was 16 ...

You know how the hot dogs spin on that heater thing all day... Well at the end of the day they made us take them off.. put them in the fridge.. Bring them out the next day.. repeat repeat repeat -- after about a week they started turning green...

At that point we were told to make Chili dogs out of them.
That's just fawkin sick...

Adam
post #23 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-17-2009, 04:11 PM Thread Starter
Resident Slow Guy

Here's a good one for all you college students and drunks...

Quote:
Lets see, I've worked so many jobs in my life, I can go on and on.

Professor: I can write a book on this. For one thing we rarely read your final paper or even grade your finals, unless you are a very close case, which means you are between grades. It's not that we don't care but that they do NOT give us enough time to turn the grades in. You might have even noticed that if you were doing great in a class, but bombed the final, your grade seems unaffected.

Here's another tip for college, and it's linked to the first one. You are much better off getting an A in the midterm or the first paper, and then slowly declining, than doing crappy at the beginning and working your way up. They say first impressions are key, and this is true in a class. If a student writes a kickass first paper Im likely to give them the benefit of the doubt all quarter because I see how well they can do. If a student does a crappy first paper, I might even be suspicious if the next one or last one is amazing, and will pay careful attention to the writing.

Also, we do talk to each other about mutual students, especially outstanding students or weird ones.

Also, you know annoying people in your classes? they annoy us too.

---

bartender: if you're drunk, you're getting watered down drinks. If you're really drunk, you are getting ones with almost no alcohol, and you will not know the difference.

there are a million things we can do to your drink if you piss us off. NEVER piss off or become belligerent with a bartender. Believe me, I'll stir your martini with my dick and watch you drink it if you mess with me.

<- Erwin

CCS AM #611

Quote:
post #24 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-17-2009, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddy4dsm View Post
What's VX?

That's just fawkin sick...
VX is one of the most obnoxious horrible things we have ever come up with.. It's a nerve gas... There are thousands of tons of it stored in Indiana... A few years back they decided they wanted to move it (i think to Jersey) to have it mixed with something and made inert.. Needless to say word got out and protests and this and that.. Then I saw an article in the paper about the whole deal.. it included the route and schedule (i really hope it was some decoy or bad info) I never saw anything else about it... (one might wonder why they wouldn't make it inert *then* take it on a railcar roadshow... I don't know.. Might have something to do with military intelligence.. or maybe it would saw Dow a few bucks? )

VX is bad like.. 1 drop in a room could kill dozens of people in minutes bad.. bad. -- holding your breath doesn't work, it goes through your skin

I think it might have been the stuff in the Rock, but I don't remember the chemical stuff as good as I remember all of the Connery quotes

and about the green hot dogs... yeah.. that was nasty

Also.. everyone at every fast food place is fucking everyone else at that fast food place.. Sometimes in the bathroom.. Sometimes in the cooler... Occasionally the counter... -- I was there once and a guy came through the drive through twisting one off.. He spunked right as he got to the window... and here is the classic part asked the girl for napkins... hahaha He spun off as we all ran over laughing, as she ran away shreeking... good times.. I mention I only worked there a matter of weeks? and I have at least a dozen other good stories

Last edited by iamnotgreg; 04-17-2009 at 04:26 PM.
post #25 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-17-2009, 04:28 PM Thread Starter
Resident Slow Guy

Valet.

Quote:
i worked two years as a valet driver. let's just say that from my experience:

1) if you leave any valuable items in plain view or glove compartment, they will be stolen.

2) when your car pulls up, we check for physical damages (dents, scratches, etc) and bring it up to the owner prior to driving away. some people scam the valet company to avoid paying the cost to repair their pre-existing damage.

3) if your car is sporty, we will test drive your car.

4) that mysterious dent or missing cd is our doing.

5) girls love it when you open the door for them. it's a good segue to get name, number, and ass.

6) if you're a regular customer and are notorious for being a no-tipper, we will steal stuff from you.

7) if a new guy doesn't know how to drive a stick shift, we will use your car for practice.

unless it's the only option, don't have your car valeted.

<- Erwin

CCS AM #611

Quote:
post #26 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-17-2009, 04:36 PM Thread Starter
Resident Slow Guy

Here's a good one, secrets of the construction industry:

Quote:
Back in 2001 when I was an employee at this construction company our boss would come every 3 hours to the jobsite and push us to "work faster", to get the job finished in as little as possible.

At other times he will bring us coffee and donuts and sit down to talk to us.... our 15 mins. breaks became 1 hr long sometimes. He told us to take it "easy" and "go slow, don't hurt yourself going fast".

I was dumbfounded at this contradiction and asked my foreman WTF is going on here? My foreman explained it to me:

"When we get a 'closed' contract project, they pay us in advance, so if they pay us $500,000 for a job, our boss pushes us to finish fast because with each day that passes he loses $10,000 in wages and equipment rental"

"But if we get an 'open ended' contract (the government usually does this) we are paid by day basis..... so we earn $24/hr but our boss charges the gov't $45/hr, so if he has 20 workers he's making almost $1,000 an hour profit, so the longer we take the more money we make"

One time we got a contract from the government for a driveway paving that should had taken 2 days to finish in a "closed contract", but because the canadian government loves giving money away they agreed to a "open ended" contract. We spent more than a week there doing nothing, like 15 guys.

Your tax dollars at work.

<- Erwin

CCS AM #611

Quote:
post #27 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-17-2009, 04:41 PM
Irony helps us play!

Sportbike: 2000 F4
Years Riding: Long enough to know better
How you found us: some hot MILF whispered it in my ear

Yes, VX was the stuff in "The Rock".

Think of it as the best damned bug spray ever invented... For people.

Everyone Exaggerates

We're being taken for a ride... agaaaaaaain.....

Best Auto/Moto Insurance | Motorcycle Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #28 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-17-2009, 05:19 PM
Fat guy on a sport bike

Sportbike: Schwinn
Years Riding: 7 minutes and 52 seconds
How you found us: ask.com

<------ Helps if I read posts before making comments...

Last edited by Pocket Rockets; 04-17-2009 at 05:31 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode