goin to europe soon, need international license? - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes
Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-11-2009, 10:54 AM Thread Starter
black and red
djomlas's Avatar
Join Date: May 2008
Location: mt prospect
Posts: 110
Location: mt prospect
Sportbike: zx6r,05 R6 Raven, Ducati monster, 05 R1
Years Riding: 4
How you found us: web
Send a message via AIM to djomlas
goin to europe soon, need international license?

or is the US one good to go?
Goin witha buddy, so we either wanna rent a car or jsut rip it out on the bikes trough there, and well stop at the Nurnbergring to ride that track (or perhaps a ring taxi if we can get an opening).

so, anyone? anything?

djomlas is offline  
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-11-2009, 12:00 PM
stuck in 6th gear
Ernie's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Palatine
Posts: 7,631
Location: Palatine
Sportbike: '99 SV650, GSX-R1K2, CRF230F5, '08 HM-S
Years Riding: not enough lately *(&%# work...
How you found us: LBK back in the day
last time I rented a car in the UK, our US driver's license was sufficient
Ernie is offline  
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-11-2009, 12:02 PM
Bop your way home...
Dr. D's Avatar
Join Date: May 2003
Location: on the move in Texas
Posts: 5,621
Location: on the move in Texas
Sportbike: Hypermotard
Years Riding: since 99'
How you found us: Googled "bullshit artists"
I rented a car in Prague in 07', US license was all that was needed.

Balancing the Paradox
of Art and Profit
Dr. D is offline  
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-11-2009, 02:21 PM
A.K.A. Vodka Waters
muddy's Avatar
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Aurora, IL
Posts: 3,787
Location: Aurora, IL
Sportbike: '06 GSX-R600 Red/Black
Years Riding: a few weeks
How you found us: Fell asleep on the keyboard, woke up here
Send a message via AIM to muddy Send a message via MSN to muddy
I don't think you need anything special, but I will remind you to call your Credit card company and tell them you'll be out of the country and will be using it so they don't put a hold on it while you're over there.

muddy is offline  
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-11-2009, 02:25 PM
Serious inquiries only
Mort82's Avatar
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Never-Neverland
Posts: 13,775
Location: Never-Neverland
Sportbike: Specialized Allez Comp; Gkotlin's SV650
Years Riding: Always learning
How you found us: Google
Send a message via AIM to Mort82
AAA has the "international license" for a small fee, few years ago I got one for about $10 I think. I got it just in case, but Spain wanted to see my actual license instead. Better to be over prepared (Just in case the zombies come)
Mort82 is offline  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:


Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome