Wow this biker is pissed off - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-12-2009, 06:04 PM Thread Starter
C2M
ǝɹoɯʎuɐ ʞɔnɟ ɐ sǝʌıƃ oɥʍ

Sportbike: 636/ zzr600/ r6
Years Riding: Since 07
How you found us: bathroom stall

Wow this biker is pissed off

From Cl

Idiot cage drivers - from a biker
Reply to: pers-4tf6f[email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]
Date: 2009-05-12, 11:50AM CDT

Iíve been riding for a few years, with a lot of miles under my belt, so Iíve gotten pretty good at picking out whoís going to do something dumb.

So today Iím riding to work on my bike, trafficís pretty tied up on Lake street so I go to cut over to North Ave on Glen Ellyn road, Iím just starting to throttle up after my turn when I see two people at a stop sign waiting to turn right into my lane. The first guy has plenty of clearance, but the second guy I identify as probably going to blow the sign so I maintain speed and sure as heck the guy blows it. I give the guy a shot with the horn and the ďWTFĒ hand movement, he gives me the ďsorryĒ wave, and I shake my head ďnoĒ.

Usually this is where this ends in a normal day to day close call with an idiot. I forget about it in about ten minutes or so when heís out of sight, and they probably forget or stopped caring as soon as they knew I didnít die. But today the idiot went the extra mile. We got to the next stop sign and he stops and puts his car in park, I immediately put down my kickstand and start to get off the bike getting ready for a fight. He opens his door and puts his hands over his head like heís surrendering to police until I sit back down.

Now this guy looks like Ed Begley and sounds like William H Macy. He walks up to me and pats me on the arm and says ďIím sorry my head was up my assĒ, and he kind of stares at me. At this point my face is turning red because I am that pissed, and Iím having trouble not getting up to beat his ass, and I tell him ďHis head up his ass could have been my body in the groundĒ. The guy looks shockedÖ, like he was expecting me to pat him on the head and say ďitís okayĒ, and turns and walks back to his car.

Itís not okay. I understand that I take certain risks by getting on a motorcycle, I accept that, Iíve almost hit a deer, Iíve gone down on loose gravel, Iíve had a friend die. Having your head up your ass is not a valid excuse, doing your nails is not a valid excuse, being 130 years old and getting the gas and brake pedals confused and crushing someone between your car and a semi is not an excuse. Now I let it slide all the time, we all have brain farts, it happens, if your driving and have a brain fart like the guy today, I can accept it, but itís not okay. If youíre doing your nails and not watching the roadÖ., I do not accept that. If youíre too old to know the difference between go and stop, I donít accept that. If you canít look into the lane you want to merge into and sideswipe a bike, I do not accept that.

The other thing that was not okay was this guy touched me. Iím a pretty mellow guy especially lately, but my heart rate skyrocketed with me wanting to kick his ass. As a general rule, donít touch someone you donít know, and sure as hell donít touch someone whoís aggravated with you. How the hell did he know I wasnít going to mess him up. Odds are if he was a younger guy, and I wasnít on my way to work had he touched me something would have happened.

People in cars, I have no problem with denting your doors and fenders with my boot, banging your windows with my fists, or throwing something at you to get your attention when you come too close to me changing lanes. You think rocket guys are assholes out on the expressway? Try riding down North Avenue or Lake Street and having some douche bag in a Beemer coup whipping past you at 70 in a 45 cut you off literally just miss your rear wheel by inches as he moves through the center lane on his way to the left lane from the right, and do the same thing again seconds later as moves left to right, hitting me on either pass would almost certainly be death. Try going down the expressway and have a guy try to merge on top of you, where he gets so close you can smell his cologne or reach out and touch the door handles. If I got that close to you in my pickup truck youíd be having a heart attack, but since I am on a bike I am expected to accept itÖ., not happening.

This latest death of a motorcyclist by a woman doing her nails should act as a wakeup call. People get your heads out of your asses. DO I think there should be more laws about distracted driving? NO!!!! I believe a cop looking in your vehicle without cause is illegal search and seizure and is unconstitutionalÖ, however I believe that penalties for deaths caused by a vehicle should be increased. I believe that the public needs more education on motorcycles, and the right that motorcyclists have.

Also I would appreciate it if you would stop throwing lit cigarette butts out the window if you see one of us around.

Please feel free to comment back here on CL, or my myspace user name tcwjoe

Here is a reply back to him

Idiot cage drivers - from a biker (Chicago)
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]
Date: 2009-05-12, 3:47PM CDT

I hope you and your noise pollution replacement for a big penis slide under a truck and are dragged until your skin and attitude wear off.

go time traveler style and go back in time, fuck his grandma, then shoot forward in time and then fuck his mom. Then return back to present state and call him a the product of two incest whores and hes your son and show video of you plowing the both members of his family. .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-12-2009, 06:07 PM

Sportbike: '04 CBR 600RR
Years Riding: days
How you found us: youngkow's monkey ass

hahahahaha! was it wrong to laugh at the comment?
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-12-2009, 06:18 PM

Sportbike: 2002 Honda CBR 600F4i
Years Riding: 150 cc bike 4 Years - CBR 600F4i - 2nd Season running
How you found us: From the person who sold the bike to me

couldn't agree with you more. public awareness and LOTS of it is needed for motorcycle safety.
safe riding everyone.
post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-12-2009, 06:28 PM
A to B is for Amatuers

Sportbike: 2 Wheeled Junk
Years Riding: 10
How you found us: BWA

Send a message via AIM to goof4080 Send a message via Yahoo to goof4080
wow i bet this guy is an idiot, well actually i'm sure of it. If some apologies when they don't have to and you want to beat his ass? I mean c'mon.

So who thinks he was wearing a helmet? anyone, anyone?

4-wheels may be a privilege, but 2-wheels are a passion.

-geoff d.
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-12-2009, 07:14 PM

Sportbike: R6, SV1000s, rm250
Years Riding: since 2001 in socal
How you found us: team chicago

was it too much? I mean I felt justified.
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-12-2009, 07:16 PM
Administrator

Sportbike: A couple of pasta rockets
Years Riding: Since 1989
How you found us: In the beginning there was CLSB and Tony saw that it was good.

Send a message via AIM to HDTony
Quote:
Originally Posted by goof4080 View Post
wow i bet this guy is an idiot, well actually i'm sure of it. If some apologies when they don't have to and you want to beat his ass? I mean c'mon.

So who thinks he was wearing a helmet? anyone, anyone?
Oakleys, zoobaz and a wifebeater FTW! this guy eats steroids for breakfast and hangs out at SOW

HDTony.... Damn glad to meet you!

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.

- Ronald Reagan

AirTek Heating & Air inc.
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-12-2009, 07:20 PM
BSB > WSBK > MotoGP

Sportbike: '02 GSXR 600 / '98 CBRF3
Years Riding: Since '03
How you found us: Google

I'd be amazed if a driver apologized for a mistake.

The tool rider sounds like he's looking for fights anyways.

Jeff
NESBA #311
'02 GSXR600
'98
Smokin' Joe's F3
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-12-2009, 07:30 PM
The Benchwarmer

Sportbike: Ninja
Years Riding: Long
How you found us: Dong

this guy has anger issues.

Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest - Denis Diderot
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-12-2009, 07:37 PM
Midnight Rider

Sportbike: R6 and a Z1000
Years Riding: for a bit
How you found us: random PM on sportbikes.net

Thunderstruck??? :P

Fat Pat #728

If you don't like my fire, then don't come around...
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-12-2009, 08:03 PM
Fat guy on a sport bike

Sportbike: Schwinn
Years Riding: 7 minutes and 52 seconds
How you found us: ask.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatFitz9 View Post

I could see him saying a few choice words, "flipping the bird", then attempting to spin the rear wheel while leaving, but end up hanging his head in shame when he stalls the bikes.
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-13-2009, 01:09 AM Thread Starter
C2M
ǝɹoɯʎuɐ ʞɔnɟ ɐ sǝʌıƃ oɥʍ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocket Rockets View Post

I could see him saying a few choice words, "flipping the bird", then attempting to spin the rear wheel while leaving, but end up hanging his head in shame when he stalls the bikes.
i concur

go time traveler style and go back in time, fuck his grandma, then shoot forward in time and then fuck his mom. Then return back to present state and call him a the product of two incest whores and hes your son and show video of you plowing the both members of his family. .
post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-13-2009, 06:56 AM

Sportbike: 600rr & Zuma125
Years Riding: since 2002
How you found us: linked on the interwebs

Send a message via AIM to Audiofyl Send a message via MSN to Audiofyl
what he should've said when the guy got out of the car to apologize was "not now chief, I'm in the fuckin zone!"

Eric

2003 CBR600RR
2009 Zuma 125
2005 VW Golf TDI
1994 Honda Civic Turbo

My Fuelly

Flickr

posterous

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadrach
The art of reading is lost on all....
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-13-2009, 07:17 AM
DONATING MEMBER

Sportbike: Trackdayz "I" bike!
Years Riding: since last year
How you found us: In a fortune cookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocket Rockets View Post

That bike is nearly impossible to ride though....

------->> Best motorcycle shop ever!

http://www.chicagoperformance.com/
post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-13-2009, 07:27 AM
bwa
Boom

Sportbike: None :(
Years Riding: not long enough
How you found us: Crazeinc

Quote:

First thing that popped in my head!
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-13-2009, 07:28 AM
BSB > WSBK > MotoGP

Sportbike: '02 GSXR 600 / '98 CBRF3
Years Riding: Since '03
How you found us: Google

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwa View Post
First thing that popped in my head!
Me too....hahahaha

Jeff
NESBA #311
'02 GSXR600
'98
Smokin' Joe's F3
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-13-2009, 08:13 AM
-= OuterSpace =-

Sportbike: Yamaha YZ450
Years Riding: too many to keep track
How you found us: Shizzle

Second response:

Date: 2009-05-12, 1:09PM CDT

I accept my risk riding my motorcycle. It's one thing I clearly state in my original comment. I also do not believe that cage drivers are responsible for my safety, any more than they are responsible for the safety of other people in cars.
There are people out there that KNOWINGLY take risks with my safety because they feel all nice and safe in their car, and believe that they have the right of way just because they are in a car, and I am not.

By law, I am afforded the entire width of my lane when I am riding, that means when someone in a car decides to begin to change and enter my lane while my front wheel is even with his, he is breaking the law. He has taken away an area that I may have to swerve into to avoid a dangerous object in the road. This person has KNOWINGLY put me at risk with an illegal activity. People are all concerned with having the police pull over and ticket people talking on cell phones. I have repeatedly had this happen in front of State Troopers in rush hour commute on I-355, 290, and route 53, and they do nothing about it. Why? Because I am a motorcyclist, so I have invited risk upon myself. Never mind that had that guy crept into a lane with another car, or forced another car onto the shoulder (as has happened to me) they would be on them like a fly on shit.

I understand mistakes happen, and I accept it. Guy had a brain fart..., it happens. It doesn't make it okay however. I appreciate this guy getting out to apologize. I am however sick of " I didn't see him/her" as a valid excuse to hitting someone on a bike. I also do not however appreciate the fact that he thought he had the right to lay his hands on me.

Talking about denting doors and punching windows, this is my only defense against a driver not paying attention. It is a matter of my safety, and my safety is worth more than your paint job. I kicked a guys door once and he got pissed off at me. I was in the left lane on Rt 53 in Addison and the guy almost pushed me into a concrete divider because he didn't see me. He would have crushed me had I not gotten his attention, but he was mad at me flipping the bird and screaming for about quarter of a mile down the road.

04 Yamaha YZ450F - Off-Road it, mang
06 Kawasaki BruteForce 750i
09 Yamaha Raptor 700r

- Mike - OldSkool - MC -
post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-13-2009, 08:32 AM

Sportbike: 01 Giggy 7fidday
Years Riding: been riding your mom for years
How you found us: The hobo on lower wacker sold me the link.

Quote:
It has his written all over it

Dgrsuspension.com

~ High Performance Coilovers

Silentedition.com
Quote:
Watching the Cubs lose is the opposite of appreciating a fine wine ó itís like watching a car accident in progress. Itís horrifying, yet gruesomely riveting, and you canít help but watch and sympathize with the poor souls inside.
Quote:
Originally Posted by burntash View Post
coming to CLSB for relationship advice is like asking fat people in mcdonalds about nutrition.
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-13-2009, 08:53 AM
habitual line stepper

Sportbike: F4,Brutale,Warrior,DRZ
Years Riding: X
How you found us: .

Send a message via AIM to Jack
Quote:
Originally Posted by C2M View Post
From Cl
Here is a reply back to him

Idiot cage drivers - from a biker (Chicago)
Date: 2009-05-12, 3:47PM CDT

I hope you and your noise pollution replacement for a big penis slide under a truck and are dragged until your skin and attitude wear off.
IMHO your response was uncalled for. Did you sign your name or hide like a common internet tough guy.
post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-13-2009, 11:39 AM Thread Starter
C2M
ǝɹoɯʎuɐ ʞɔnɟ ɐ sǝʌıƃ oɥʍ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
IMHO your response was uncalled for. Did you sign your name or hide like a common internet tough guy.
MY response? I think not I never responded to him let alone would I wish another rider dragged under a truck.

Common sense buddy.

post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-13-2009, 02:36 PM
habitual line stepper

Sportbike: F4,Brutale,Warrior,DRZ
Years Riding: X
How you found us: .

Send a message via AIM to Jack
Quote:
Originally Posted by C2M View Post
MY response? I think not I never responded to him let alone would I wish another rider dragged under a truck.
My apologies then. I thought that was your response to him.
post #21 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-13-2009, 02:42 PM Thread Starter
C2M
ǝɹoɯʎuɐ ʞɔnɟ ɐ sǝʌıƃ oɥʍ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
My apologies then. I thought that was your response to him.
I dont respond on CL I just go over there to waste some time looking at the silly shit

post #22 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-13-2009, 02:42 PM
161 Club; soon to be 129

Sportbike: GSXR 600
Years Riding: Every Sunny Day
How you found us: I forgot

Send a message via AIM to poproxmimo3 Send a message via Yahoo to poproxmimo3
Guess who's buying 12 inch knifes and putting them on the side of the wheels on his bike like it was roman times? haha. stabbing tires in case they come near me. haah.

This is going to be a long-term relationship
post #23 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-13-2009, 02:44 PM
Administrator

Sportbike: A couple of pasta rockets
Years Riding: Since 1989
How you found us: In the beginning there was CLSB and Tony saw that it was good.

Send a message via AIM to HDTony
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiofyl View Post
what he should've said when the guy got out of the car to apologize was "not now chief, I'm in the fuckin zone!"

HDTony.... Damn glad to meet you!

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.

- Ronald Reagan

AirTek Heating & Air inc.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode