Cant get my New bike from Dealer - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 87 (permalink) Old 05-21-2009, 12:54 PM Thread Starter

Cant get my New bike from Dealer

So i am new to this forum and new to riding. 3 weeks ago i purchased a used 08 ninja 250 from banzai motorsports in cyrstal lake. They seemed to have the only one around in a dealer where i could get some financing. However after i purchased everything and signed everything it failed their inspection. They told me they would need to order some parts and get it fixed. However that was 3 weeks ago and now they just told me it will need another week. I am getting a little tired of this i have actually paid for it all already but they keep telling me it isnt ready yet, and that it needed one additional part. Is there anything i can do besides wait this out? I dont want to piss them off an not have my bike working properly but i dont want to have to continue to wait. Next week will be a month since i signed all the paper work. ? any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 87 (permalink) Old 05-21-2009, 12:56 PM
Serious inquiries only

Sportbike: Specialized Allez Comp; Gkotlin's SV650
Years Riding: Always learning
How you found us: Google

Send a message via AIM to Mort82
post #3 of 87 (permalink) Old 05-21-2009, 12:58 PM
Illegitimi non Carborundu

Sportbike: That Bike
Years Riding: That Long
How you found us: Google Search for "sexy."

Send a message via AIM to Paul Send a message via MSN to Paul Send a message via Yahoo to Paul Send a message via Skype™ to Paul
Wait it out. They should be apologizing profusely to you. Don't rush them and get the bike fucked up. Bitch at them, but make sure you get it in good shape.

2012 Goldwing Owner
2013 Ninja 1000 Owner
2013 Harley Davidson Night Rod Special Owner
post #4 of 87 (permalink) Old 05-21-2009, 01:01 PM Thread Starter

Yea i had actually read up on that post already. Their price though wasnt actually terrible i didnt get ripped off but, they probably got a deal on it though knowing that there was something wrong with the bike. They have been appologizing like crazy and said they will through in some free stuff and gift card. However at this point it is 80 and sunny out i just want to take it out for a ride. So it looks like next week is when i will have to wait i am thinking about just showing up there instead of calling.
post #5 of 87 (permalink) Old 05-21-2009, 01:03 PM
You got the talkin' done

Sportbike: 2016 Honda Africa Twin & 1979 Honda CB750F
Years Riding: long enough to have fallen off a few times - glad I wear a helmet!
How you found us: Loose Lips Sink Ships, Loose Wires Cause Fires

what part(s) are they saying it needs?

If you ain't with us, then it's just bad news.
post #6 of 87 (permalink) Old 05-21-2009, 01:07 PM Thread Starter

The sales guy didnt really have a clue and the mechanic tried explaining it to me but since i am pretty new to it wasnt 100% sure. Basically they said the front forks they were replacing because one was off a little. I was a little worried about this but they said they were replacing both of them and that there wouldnt be an issue. Then a week later they said they had to replace something else but never said what it was. Bike is still under warranty not sure if this covers any of that stuff but they had no problem saying they were gonna replace these parts.
post #7 of 87 (permalink) Old 05-21-2009, 01:10 PM
The Violator

Sportbike: A little bit of everything.
Years Riding: Not nearly enough!
How you found us: On a ride in Colorado

See if they've got something else used you can ride til it's done. The answer is likely a no, but it won't hurt to ask.

Had a buddy buy a used sled a few years back. After picking it up, there were obvious clutch issues.

Dealer let him take one of their demo sleds on our trip up north when they couldn't get the parts in time.
post #8 of 87 (permalink) Old 05-21-2009, 01:11 PM

The front forks are a little off? You should find out for sure what the hell they're doing.
post #9 of 87 (permalink) Old 05-21-2009, 01:12 PM
Ride Naked

Sportbike: z1000
Years Riding: divide by zero error
How you found us: Panda Express

Send a message via AIM to mac11
sounds like it was crashed. Just riding it wouldn't make the forks "a little off". If there was a shit ton of miles maybe a fork seal would be leaky.

if you don't mind asking what was the OTD price?

I would find out 100% what is going on with the bike, what needed, still needs and what has been replaced since they day they took possession of it. I can't believe I have to say this but I had to say it to my cousin to...use a fucking pen and paper when talking to them if you won't remember "because your new". That way, when you try to talk to other people that would know what they are talking about you can tell them exactly what was said. Not some half forgotten Chinese telephone version.

Quote:
Oh he can drive. He can drive beyond the limits of the tires, the engine, the car or anything else.
post #10 of 87 (permalink) Old 05-21-2009, 01:14 PM
kc6
I'm mad bro

Sportbike: butter churn
Years Riding: Lots
How you found us: Googled "bullshit artists"

critical or cosmetic parts? go in person, have them show you what parts are needed, then have them show you the ETA of needed parts from kawi or aftermarket distributors. They should be able to show you that your parts are backordered because otherwise parts take no more than a week max to receive. If the needed parts do not pose a safety risk, take the bike and have them do the repairs when parts are in. Ask them to explain why they didn't inspect the bike before taking your money in full. Continue to keep the pressure on them by inquiring in person as to the status. Make it very important to them to resolve the situation and give free service and/or store credit. Don't fly off the handle, but don't accept bullshit excuses either.

*edit*
just read about the forks. If they originally sold it to you under the pretense that it was in perfect working order, get your money back. Tweaked forks are from crashes and replacing them is not inexpensive - they are probably trying to locate used forks which is why its taking so long. Smells like trouble, get out

Kevin

Ask me how to get a free kick in the teeth!

Last edited by kc6; 05-21-2009 at 01:18 PM.
post #11 of 87 (permalink) Old 05-21-2009, 01:14 PM Thread Starter

Hahaha yea nobody really seems to have a good idea of what is going on over there. By off i think one was bent, He said they meausred something and it was meausring off a few mm. Main problem is they only have 1 mechanic who does repairs and basically works his own hours it seems like. Everyone else i have talked to didnt really seem know what was the problem.

I have already pretty much decided not to take my bike back here for servicing. They were pretty friendly and had a good selection but now after i have paid for everything i dont think i am high priority and seems taking their time getting it all fixed up.

They made it clear to me though that i couldnt take it home because of safety concerns. So it is def not cosmetic problems. As far as what OTD i paid it was under 4K, bike has only 500 miles on it, w/ 2 brothers exaust. I pulled the carfax on it too just to see and they got it from an auction. Figured might have been a repo or something. I dont mind a few problems either since i am new and will probably have a few of my own.

Last edited by qball99; 05-21-2009 at 01:18 PM.
post #12 of 87 (permalink) Old 05-21-2009, 01:15 PM
Model citizen

Sportbike: ktm
Years Riding: a few
How you found us: SBN

You sure it has a clean title?

Make sure you personally match the vin on the title to the vin on the frame of the bike. I wouldn't be surprised if Bonzai has a drawer full of random titles for bikes that no longer exist. MATCH THE VIN NUMBER WHILE YOU ARE STILL IN THEIR BUILDING. PREFEABLY WITH THE SALES GUY STANDING NEXT TO YOU

If it needs new forks, its been in a wreck. It doesn't take much damage for insurance to total a motorcycle...especially a bike that is inexpensive in the first place

In the future. Never pay or sign for anything that isn't complete. I would have told them to call me when its fixed and road worthy before I would agree to buy anything.

Eric

Last edited by Maynard; 05-21-2009 at 01:21 PM.
post #13 of 87 (permalink) Old 05-21-2009, 01:19 PM
Ride Naked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maynard View Post
You sure it has a clean title?

Make sure you personally match the vin on the title to the vin on the frame of the bike.

If it needs new forks, its been in a wreck. It doesn't take much damage for insurance to total a motorcycle...especially a bike that is inexpensive in the first place

In the future. Never pay or sign for anything that isn't complete. I would have told them to call me when its fixed and road worthy before I would agree to buy anything.

+1

if it's not road worthy, if you can't ride it out of there while the ink drys, they ink shouldn't be drying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qball99 View Post
Hahaha yea nobody really seems to have a good idea of what is going on over there. By off i think one was bent, He said they meausred something and it was meausring off a few mm. Main problem is they only have 1 mechanic who does repairs and basically works his own hours it seems like. Everyone else i have talked to didnt really seem know what was the problem.

I have already pretty much decided not to take my bike back here for servicing. They were pretty friendly and had a good selection but now after i have paid for everything i dont think i am high priority and seems taking their time getting it all fixed up.

They made it clear to me though that i couldnt take it home because of safety concerns. So it is def not cosmetic problems. As far as what OTD i paid it was under 4K, bike has only 500 miles on it, w/ 2 brothers exaust. I pulled the carfax on it too just to see and they got it from an auction. Figured might have been a repo or something. I dont mind a few problems either since i am new and will probably have a few of my own.
I would think after this amount of time, paying, waiting, etc you should be able to rip up the contract as the signed item is undeliverable.

Quote:
Oh he can drive. He can drive beyond the limits of the tires, the engine, the car or anything else.
post #14 of 87 (permalink) Old 05-21-2009, 01:21 PM

Quote:
it was under $4K, bike has only 500 miles on it, w/ 2 brothers exaust. and they got it from an auction.
post #15 of 87 (permalink) Old 05-21-2009, 01:22 PM
Mmmmmm....

Sportbike: RIP Rsux
Years Riding: .
How you found us: .

Send a message via AIM to Pinkrider
I've only been to Bonzai to buy a few parts and that's only because they give me a cleavage discount. They have a horrible service department though. Half the people don't know a damn thing about bikes and the few that do only work a few hours a day.

They obviously know you have no idea what they are talking about and are taking advantage of you. Do you know anyone who knows about bikes that you can bring in with you or have them call to get a better understanding of what's going on?

Sometimes your knight in shining armor is just a retard wrapped in tin foil.
post #16 of 87 (permalink) Old 05-21-2009, 01:23 PM Thread Starter

Yea lesson learned. I will make sure i do check out the VIN number where on the frame is that located normally?

For next time i will def take all this into consideration, i was with my buddy and he bought a bike to and didnt have any problems. I was expecting to take mine out of there as well but then all this came up. I would have bought something else if i new there was some issues that would take almost a month to fix. However it was a done deal and it was only supposed to be a week fix originally.
post #17 of 87 (permalink) Old 05-21-2009, 01:23 PM
Ride Naked

Quote:

If it's not crashed (clean title) the repo guy raped it when they took it back.

Quote:
post #18 of 87 (permalink) Old 05-21-2009, 01:25 PM
Mmmmmm....

Sportbike: RIP Rsux
Years Riding: .
How you found us: .

Send a message via AIM to Pinkrider
Wat? You paid $4k for the bike?? Seriously? Aren't the brand new 250's under that?

Here's the KBB on it... http://www.kbb.com/motorcycle/retail...ja-250r/232232

Sometimes your knight in shining armor is just a retard wrapped in tin foil.
post #19 of 87 (permalink) Old 05-21-2009, 01:26 PM
Ride Naked

Quote:
Yea lesson learned. I will make sure i do check out the VIN number where on the frame is that located normally?

For next time i will def take all this into consideration, i was with my buddy and he bought a bike to and didnt have any problems. I was expecting to take mine out of there as well but then all this came up. I would have bought something else if i new there was some issues that would take almost a month to fix. However it was a done deal and it was only supposed to be a week fix originally.
I would be pulling the contract and ripping it up.

If the dealship is unwilling to do this, call the bank it was financed through. Explain the situation and tell them you want to keep your business with them but you just need to find a different bike as this one is a safety hazard and has been wrecked. If you default on the loan they have a vested interest in that bike being in good condition. They don't want to have money out on a worthless asset.

Quote:
post #20 of 87 (permalink) Old 05-21-2009, 01:27 PM Thread Starter

Yea i know most of 2008 are going for like 3500 still private and from dealers. I wanted financing so i went with the dealer. I also thought i would be less inclined to get a pile of garbage from them. I guess i was wrong.
post #21 of 87 (permalink) Old 05-21-2009, 01:29 PM
Ride Naked

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkrider View Post
Wat? You paid $4k for the bike?? Seriously? Aren't the brand new 250's under that?

Here's the KBB on it... http://www.kbb.com/motorcycle/retail...ja-250r/232232

new MSRP is 4 flat. but then there are taxes and dealer fees that most people end up paying because the bike was in such high demand. It was real common to see those @ 5k+ OTD new.

Not saying it's justified, just that it is what it is.

Quote:
post #22 of 87 (permalink) Old 05-21-2009, 01:33 PM
Ride Naked

pull that contract.

the zone, champion, dgy, & bbk are all advertising new 09's @ msrp. The way the economy is you should be able to get it OTD very near the same 4 and have it brand new and never fucked with.

Quote:
post #23 of 87 (permalink) Old 05-21-2009, 01:36 PM
Si Vis Pacem Parabellum

Sportbike: 955i Speed Triple, 100AE Road King, AP1 Honda S2000
Years Riding: 1/3rd of my life.
How you found us: Cave Johnson

My :

I'm with Mac11, tell them you no longer want the bike and have them tear up the contract, if they give you shit, hire a lawyer to write a letter, they'll quit after that. At that price, you're getting raped in the ass for that bike. For a starter bike, spend $1,500-2,000, ride a season and upgrade to something cooler, never finance toys like this. You'll end up dropping $6500 for a bike that's worth $2500 the day you ride it off the floor. This is silly, pull that cord between your legs and punch out of this flaming wreckage of a deal.

Brian
NESBA #22
الكافرة مع بندقية سوداء
Si vis pacem parabellum

Quote:
Yeah, I quit doing blow, not being rad!
post #24 of 87 (permalink) Old 05-21-2009, 01:38 PM

back out of the deal and go find yourself a used SV650!!!!
post #25 of 87 (permalink) Old 05-21-2009, 01:38 PM
My mom says I'm cool

Sportbike: KTM 690 Enduro R
Years Riding: Not long enough
How you found us: Slap Chop Guy

Quote:
Yea i know most of 2008 are going for like 3500 still private and from dealers. I wanted financing so i went with the dealer. I also thought i would be less inclined to get a pile of garbage from them. I guess i was wrong.
You could have still gotten financed through a bank. If I was in this situation, this would be my last purchase from them.

WTF! MNDZA just got here and allready he's been quoted in a sig...... Guess I'm just like dungeons and dragons. Cool only when nobody you hang out with knows your a nerd. "Naw I can't. I'm kinda busy tonight..... Gonna go visit with.. grandma. Yeah Grandma."
post #26 of 87 (permalink) Old 05-21-2009, 01:39 PM
Model citizen

I'm with those guys. Peronsally, I would want out of this contract.

I would start by calling the company who is financing the bike. Give them the information and the VIN and any thing you have. Tell the finance company that Bonzai has not produced this motorcycle and you believe they may be defrauding you and the finance comany.

The finance company will call Bonzai and want to know whats going on. The mention of fraud usually gets attention

Eric
post #27 of 87 (permalink) Old 05-21-2009, 01:41 PM Thread Starter

Yea i def not purchasing anything else again from them. I wanted this bike to drive to work in and cruise around the area backroads and stuff. I am a smaller guy only 5' 6" 150 so didnt want a huge bike just something i could have fun with. Did a lot of research and everyone seemed to say these are fun little bikes to drive around on. I am thinking of giving them a call and saying to refund my money and rip up the contract and see what happens from there.

Is there any kind of law i can site with them to say they arent meeting their end of the deal. I dont even have my contract it is with my freakin bike.
post #28 of 87 (permalink) Old 05-21-2009, 01:42 PM

Go there in person.
post #29 of 87 (permalink) Old 05-21-2009, 01:43 PM
Model citizen

Quote:
Yea i def not purchasing anything else again from them. I wanted this bike to drive to work in and cruise around the area backroads and stuff. I am a smaller guy only 5' 6" 150 so didnt want a huge bike just something i could have fun with. Did a lot of research and everyone seemed to say these are fun little bikes to drive around on. I am thinking of giving them a call and saying to refund my money and rip up the contract and see what happens from there.
Right now, you owe money to the finance company cause you siged a contract. Not Bonzai.

Bonzai will not care if you refuse to pay or rip up the contract. They have their check from the finance company. You need to call the finance company

Eric
post #30 of 87 (permalink) Old 05-21-2009, 01:46 PM
The apex was where?

Sportbike: '07 GSX-R 600
Years Riding: Always learning.
How you found us: A vision.

this isn't sounding good...i have never had issues dealing with banzai, but this just sounds like all kinds of trouble.

Bent forks on a auction bike = totaled bike. You really need to check to make sure it is 1, it has a legitimate clean tile, and 2, that the title matches the bike.

Double check again all the parts that stick out to look for any other damage. Check the foot pegs, the bar ends, the low parts of engine covers, if any of it looks damaged or repainted/ repaired, call the lemon law on it and get out of the deal. It is very likely this bike was crashed, totaled, and then sold as a salvaged bike at auction.

i also agree with the poster above that if they need 4+ weeks to get forks for that bike, it is likely they are trying to find used ones. Maybe they are waiting for an auction on ebay for them?

You can use the fact that it is a safety risk if necessary to get out of the deal and get your money back.

I hope all goes well for you, but at this point don't be afraid to get your money back, and walk away.

Corey aka: phkz24
NESBA "I" #24
MSF Instructor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ye Ole Book of Truth
It is easier to ask for forgiveness then for permission
Godspeed Ashwin.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode