Tattoo Artist - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

View Poll Results: Which of the following do you feel is the best Tattoo Shop?
Spider Tattooz (Belvidere) 2 16.67%
B Dinstinct Tattoos (Crestwood) 2 16.67%
Augie's Tattos (S. Elgin) 1 8.33%
Jade Dragon (?) 3 25.00%
Skin Gallery (D.G.) 1 8.33%
Deluxe Tattoo (Irving Park) 3 25.00%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-23-2009, 11:40 PM Thread Starter
no happy medium

Sportbike: GSX-R 600
Years Riding: Finishing up 3rd Season
How you found us: Through the grapevine

Tattoo Artist

Ok....

I posted a thread getting suggestions for a new tattoo artist and these were the responses. If you could just please vote for one that you feel is an extremely reputable, quality tattoo artist.

THANKS..... lots!

Tiara

GsX-R6oo

Dress for the crash, not for the ride!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-23-2009, 11:49 PM
Armed law abiding citizen

Sportbike: '74 Yamaha RD350
Years Riding: idk
How you found us: Google

I voted B-Distinct tattoo. The owner Brian is a great guy, has a degree in graphic art, and an awesome tattoo artist. He tattooed my right leg from ankle to knee. Brilliant work.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-23-2009, 11:53 PM
Pierced & tattooed freak!

Sportbike: 1999 GSX-R750
Years Riding: "None of your bleepin' business!" - Joe Pesci
How you found us: Read about it in a fortune cookie

I got none of my tats at any of the places listed here.

But REALLY I'm more attached to the tattoo artists, not the places, so, I go wherever they go.

Dante: [to Randal] You never go ass-to-mouth!
Randal: [to Dante] Would you grow up!
Becky: [to Dante] OK, I'm only telling you this because we're friends, but sometimes, in the heat of the moment, it's forgivable to go ass-to-mouth.
Randal: [chuckling] Ha! I knew it.
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-23-2009, 11:56 PM Thread Starter
no happy medium

Well whenever you guys do vote, put the name of the specific tattoo artist that you go to at that place.

Feel free to tell me of any other places and specific aritsts other than the ones listed on the poll.

Tiara

GsX-R6oo

post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-24-2009, 12:01 AM

Sportbike: 07 ZX6R ss trim 08 zx6r stock
Years Riding: long enough to know i only need a 600
How you found us: chitownracing

I vote none of the above. I have been going to a little shop in blue island for the last 10 years. Little smitty's tattoo magic, also know as blue skies. It's on western and wireton (130 th). The owner has been in the industry his whole life. Grew up in the fat joe family. My favorite artist there is Neily. The other artist that busts out amazing work is kevin. Look them up tell them skinny sent ya. It's an old school shop opens at noon closes at 2am. They will take care of u like ur family. Come in there with an idea and let them do some drawings. What they come up with. And their prices will blow u away. They are more intrested into turn out works of art instead of ripping people off giving people flash based tattoos that have been done tons of times already.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-24-2009, 12:07 AM Thread Starter
no happy medium

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil skinny View Post
I vote none of the above. I have been going to a little shop in blue island for the last 10 years. Little smitty's tattoo magic, also know as blue skies. It's on western and wireton (130 th). The owner has been in the industry his whole life. Grew up in the fat joe family. My favorite artist there is Neily. The other artist that busts out amazing work is kevin. Look them up tell them skinny sent ya. It's an old school shop opens at noon closes at 2am. They will take care of u like ur family. Come in there with an idea and let them do some drawings. What they come up with. And their prices will blow u away. They are more intrested into turn out works of art instead of ripping people off giving people flash based tattoos that have been done tons of times already.

Thanks a lot. I will have to call. Do you have the number on hand by any chance?

Tiara

GsX-R6oo

post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-24-2009, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xgamesboi View Post
But REALLY I'm more attached to the tattoo artists, not the places, so, I go wherever they go.
+1 Brian owned another shop and sold it, then opened B-Distinct. I followed him from one shop to the other. You can say some shops may not be clean, but typicially a good artist will not stay in a dirty shop.

Mandy bought me a postcard book for good clean pictures for my leg (Nightmare before Christmas). Brian, Mansy and myslf sat down for hours with Brian drawing up ideas and the three of us figuring out the layout. He spent at least 10 hours drawing and lying stuff out before any inkwork was started. I don't allow photos of my leg (I don't want it copied) but I'll take a small pic tomorrow and post up part of my leg.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-24-2009, 12:12 AM Thread Starter
no happy medium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave13 View Post
+1 Brian owned another shop and sold it, then opened B-Distinct. I followed him from one shop to the other. You can say some shops may not be clean, but typicially a good artist will not stay in a dirty shop.

Mandy bought me a postcard book for good clean pictures for my leg (Nightmare before Christmas). Brian, Mansy and myslf sat down for hours with Brian drawing up ideas and the three of us figuring out the layout. He spent at least 10 hours drawing and lying stuff out before any inkwork was started. I don't allow photos of my leg (I don't want it copied) but I'll take a small pic tomorrow and post up part of my leg.

No problem. Thanks a lot. If you're not comfortable posting a picture, then just don't. I will take your word.

Tiara

GsX-R6oo

post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-24-2009, 12:15 AM

It's ok, I'll post up a small piece. I had Tattoo magazine want to snap some photos of it and I declined. I don't want my work copied and on someons else.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-24-2009, 12:25 AM

Sportbike: Broken
Years Riding: 0-1
How you found us: Magic

Ben Wahhh is a great artist and runs a tight ship at Deluxe. It would take a lot for me to go to someone else.
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-24-2009, 12:46 AM

Sportbike: N/A
Years Riding: N/A
How you found us: N/A

My artist of choice is Scott Marshall at Vanity Tattoo...

Vanity Tattoo
25 W. 163 Lake St.
Roselle, IL 60172
(630) 529-3293
www.vanitytattoo.com
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-24-2009, 06:51 AM

Sportbike: 07 ZX6R ss trim 08 zx6r stock
Years Riding: long enough to know i only need a 600
How you found us: chitownracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woofy* View Post
Thanks a lot. I will have to call. Do you have the number on hand by any chance?
Got the number for you. Last post was made via my phone so i couldn't pull up the number. Neil work everyday but tue and wed. 708 489 6885.

Also Vanity Tattoo and Ben Wahhh fron delux are also amazing shop/ artists. They get my seal of approval even though though they have never graced my skin with their artwork. True artists that look at tattooing as something more then a 2d drawing. There use shadding and color contrasts to create tattoo with depth that not only look good but will continue to look good years down the road.
Most tattoo shops will put whatever you want anywhere you want on your body regardless of the size you want it. A true master of there craft will tell you it like it is. Some items need to be a certain scale to get the details you want without becoming a blob down the road, Also some tattoos will look amazing as soon as they are done but end up looking like horse shit later on in your life. The difference between the true artist (picaso's) and the big name want to do nothing more then make money shops (Pirates) is that the true artists have enough confidence in there skill to tell you what can and can't be done, and what it will end up looking like 10 - 20 years down the road.
"Good tattoos aren't cheap, and cheap tattoos don't look good" You looking for true artwork here. I can tell because your researching your options, and you didn't pull the major no no of going to some BS tattoo party to get your work done. I could go on for days about all the tattooing but the only thing that really matters is your comfortable with your artist, the atmosphere, your getting tattooed in, and your end work of art.
Give and of the above 3 artists a call. Best bet is on a week day and sit down and talk to them. Meet them face to face. Make sure you two are on the same though plane as them. Sit in there shop see real life works of there's right after there done. The 3 shops i listed are not out to steal your money. They all are well established and know there strengths and weakness, if you want something someone is better off suited doing then them they will send you in the correct direction.

In case you are wondering i am not a tattoo artist. I spent the years of my life from 16-25 in my friends tattoo shops.
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-24-2009, 08:44 AM
Seriously?

Sportbike: 06 Gsx-R 600
Years Riding: 4 years
How you found us: Your Mom!

Send a message via AIM to Hunny Send a message via Yahoo to Hunny
There is a few of us going to Top Notch in Elgin next Friday if you want to go then... they do AWESOME work there...

Bikes can be replaced...people can't...ride safe!!
http://public.fotki.com/kemeiz/
Sex is like math... you add the bed, subtract the clothes, divide the legs and pray you don't multiply!
<---- Kristin
UR MOM RACING
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-24-2009, 09:42 PM Thread Starter
no happy medium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunny View Post
There is a few of us going to Top Notch in Elgin next Friday if you want to go then... they do AWESOME work there...
Really? I may have to take you up on this. I may not get inked, but I'll come to check things out. Let me know details and I'll see what I can do for babysitters and whatnot. Scott's off too so he might come. I don't know, we'll see.

Can anyone vouch for Top Notch????

Tiara

GsX-R6oo

post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-25-2009, 02:03 PM

I originally recommended Augie's Place in South Elgin. I had mine done by Augie; he also did my sister's 2 (soon to be 3), her friend's 2 and one of her husband's. If you're going to check out Top Notch see if you can swing by Augie's Place to.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode