And the hits keep on comin'...... - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-26-2009, 11:33 AM Thread Starter
DONATING MEMBER

Sportbike: Trackdayz "I" bike!
Years Riding: since last year
How you found us: In a fortune cookie

And the hits keep on comin'......

As communicated in our recent letter to customers, we deeply regret that all Advanta Business Credit Card accounts will be closed effective May 30, 2009. Please refer to the questions and answers below for additional information about this action.

Why are you closing my account?
Does this mean I have to pay off my account immediately?
What should I do with my credit card on May 30th?
I wrote convenience checks recently. Will they clear?
Will you honor promotional rates on convenience checks and balance transfers?
I used my Advanta Business Card for recurring bill payments. Will those continue to go through?
What will happen to the rewards that I have earned on my account?
My account is in good standing, why are you closing my account?
How does this affect my credit score? How will the account appear on my credit bureau?
What if I have a billing dispute after my account is closed?
How do I contact customer service after my account is closed?
Will I still be able to manage my account online after my account is closed?
Will I have to pay the annual fee on my account?
I just paid an annual fee. Will I get my money back?
Can I apply for a new credit card with Advanta?

Q: Why are you closing my account?

A: Substantially all Advanta accounts are funded by an independent trust which owns the account balances and provides funding for new transactions. The trust is going to stop funding activity. The trust also restricts our flexibility to fund account activity. As a result, all Advanta Business Card accounts will be closed effective May 30th. The last day you will be able to use your account is May 29th.
Top of Page

Q: Does this mean I have to pay off my account immediately?

A: Not at all. You may continue to pay down your account over time according the terms of your Business Card Agreement.
Top of Page

Q: What should I do with my credit card on May 30th?

A: You should cut up your credit card, as well as any employee cards, convenience checks and PIN numbers. However, you should keep a record of your account number. You’ll need it if you have questions about your account in future.
Top of Page

Q: I wrote convenience checks recently. Will they clear?

A: We understand that you may have written checks, including promotional rate convenience checks, on your account before May 30th. We will make every effort to honor checks written to third parties that are presented to us for payment by June 3rd. You should notify anyone you’ve written a convenience check to recently to cash their checks as soon as possible.
Top of Page

Q: Will you honor promotional rates on convenience checks and balance transfers?

A: If the promotional rate convenience check was written to a third party before May 30th and presented to Advanta for payment by June 3rd, we will honor the promotional rate according to the terms of the original offer. If the balance transfer request is received by Advanta before close of business on May 29th, we will honor the promotional rate according to the terms of the original offer.
Top of Page

Q: I used my Advanta Business Card for recurring bill payments. Will those continue to go through?

A: Recurring bill payments will not be processed after May 29th. You should make alternative arrangements to pay those bills as soon as possible to avoid missed payments.
Top of Page

Q: What will happen to the rewards that I have earned on my account?

A: If you participate in a Cash Back program, you will receive a check for the amount of any accrued rewards more than $1.00 as long as you make at least the required minimum payments and your account remains in good standing. If you participate in a Business Rewards points program, you have at least 60 days to redeem your points as long as you make at least the required minimum payments and your account remains in good standing.
Top of Page

Q: My account is in good standing, why are you closing my account?

A: This action is not a reflection of your creditworthiness. All Advanta Business Card accounts are being closed, regardless of credit status.
Top of Page

Q: How does this affect my credit score? How will the account appear on my credit bureau?

A: If you have never been delinquent and do not become delinquent, the account closure will have no impact on your consumer credit score. For delinquent customers, we are working with representatives from the three major credit reporting agencies and the Fair Isaac Corporation (the company that computes your FICO credit score.) on this point. They have assured us that closing your account, and whether it is reported as “closed by the issuer” or some other way, is not directly factored into your credit score. However, you should be aware that “utilization percentage”, which is a way of describing how much of your available credit you use, may be affected because your available credit will decrease as a result of the closure, and this may affect your credit score. You can get free information about credit scores at www.annualcreditreport.com and www.myfico.com.
Top of Page

Q: What if I have a billing dispute after my account is closed?

A: Customer service will continue to be available and you can continue to dispute charges. The procedures for disputing charges are outlined on every monthly billing statement.
Top of Page

Q: How do I contact customer service after my account is closed?

A: You can contact our Customer Service team at the toll free number that appears on your monthly billing statement – (800) 705-7255.
Top of Page

Q: Will I still be able to manage my account online after my account is closed?

A: Yes
Top of Page

Q: Will I have to pay the annual fee on my account?

A: No. We have discontinued charging an annual fee.
Top of Page

Q: I just paid an annual fee. Will I get my money back?

A: If you paid an annual fee at any time after June 1, 2008, we will pro rate the fee through May 2009, and credit your account the difference. For example, if you paid a $50 annual fee in December 2008, we will credit your account with $25 because your account was closed after six months.
Top of Page

Q: Can I apply for a new credit card with Advanta?

A: No. Advanta is not taking applications for new credit card accounts at this time.

------->> Best motorcycle shop ever!

http://www.chicagoperformance.com/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-26-2009, 12:00 PM
Chief Apex Inspector

Sportbike: The Bird is the *word* - XX
Years Riding: Lots
How you found us: Stuck on the bottom of my race boot.......

Was that your business LOC ?

Tom

T2
It's ALL between the ears.....
NESBA Midwest CR #82 ( Hey - T2! ) Retired ?
FJR and a Big Red Wing-Thing
BLARNEY's GARAGE
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-26-2009, 12:02 PM
Illegitimi non Carborundu

Sportbike: That Bike
Years Riding: That Long
How you found us: Google Search for "sexy."

Send a message via AIM to Paul Send a message via MSN to Paul Send a message via Yahoo to Paul Send a message via Skype™ to Paul
Damn!

2012 Goldwing Owner
2013 Ninja 1000 Owner
2013 Harley Davidson Night Rod Special Owner
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-26-2009, 12:14 PM Thread Starter
DONATING MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLARNEY View Post
Was that your business LOC ?

Tom
Nope, just another business credit card, but WTF? I used to have 10 credit cards in perfect standing. Now I am down to 4, and 2 of them reverted to ass rape interest rates because they had a "change in terms". Luckily I have the cash flow this time of year to deal with the loss of credit, but this BS is really pissing me off. If it was the winter it would be a different story, and I would be paying their interest, which I can't stand. I just don't get how they can pull the plug with little to no warning making people with good credit and who pay their bills jump through hoops at the last minute.

post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-26-2009, 12:16 PM
he who is absent foreskin

Sportbike: Z1000
Years Riding: 3 years
How you found us: Search Engine

Send a message via AIM to Loki047
its sucks, but its their money...
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-26-2009, 12:25 PM
Ride Naked

Sportbike: z1000
Years Riding: divide by zero error
How you found us: Panda Express

Send a message via AIM to mac11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago Performance View Post
Nope, just another business credit card, but WTF? I used to have 10 credit cards in perfect standing. Now I am down to 4, and 2 of them reverted to ass rape interest rates because they had a "change in terms". Luckily I have the cash flow this time of year to deal with the loss of credit, but this BS is really pissing me off. If it was the winter it would be a different story, and I would be paying their interest, which I can't stand. I just don't get how they can pull the plug with little to no warning making people with good credit and who pay their bills jump through hoops at the last minute.

i'm not looking forward to having to keep an inventory in the near future and have to deal with BS like this....

good luck man.

Quote:
Oh he can drive. He can drive beyond the limits of the tires, the engine, the car or anything else.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-26-2009, 12:25 PM Thread Starter
DONATING MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki047 View Post
its sucks, but its their money...
Yep I hear that, but that seems a little unfair. The law states I can sell a bike after 15 days of storage too, but that doesn't seem right either. I don't do that because I value my customers and try to work with them as best I can, not try to take advantage of an opportunity screwing them over in the process. If you have been with a company for 10 years and had no late payments or issues I think that would be considered a "good" customer in any business except this one. When the need to have the service or business outweighs the options for customers and a lack of choice is when the problems arise. Think DMV, post office, Comcast, etc.

post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-26-2009, 01:24 PM

Sportbike: 07' Superduke
Years Riding: not long enough...
How you found us: The Fixer

I know a few good lenders if you are looking for a LOC or loan.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-26-2009, 01:29 PM
Lemonhead

Sportbike: 07 r6
Years Riding: Not enough, everyday i'm learning.
How you found us: Hooker pointed me here after a BJ

Send a message via AIM to Incubi
Sucks to see that Ken. My parents are going through the samething and it is unfair.

PIN: 20e2ecc7
facebook.com/sykim26
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-26-2009, 01:44 PM
Administrator

Sportbike: A couple of pasta rockets
Years Riding: Since 1989
How you found us: In the beginning there was CLSB and Tony saw that it was good.

Send a message via AIM to HDTony
if they are gonna shut down and not offer you service, you should be free to not pay them. thats bullshit.

HDTony.... Damn glad to meet you!

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.

- Ronald Reagan

AirTek Heating & Air inc.
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-26-2009, 02:13 PM Thread Starter
DONATING MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDTony View Post
if they are gonna shut down and not offer you service, you should be free to not pay them. thats bullshit.
I wish I knew the exact day I was gonna die and didn't need credit. I would make sure the debt was as high as possible and then call and ask for a temporary credit line increase. "Oh it's OK, go ahead and charge me the overlimit fee".

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-26-2009, 02:15 PM
he who is absent foreskin

Sportbike: Z1000
Years Riding: 3 years
How you found us: Search Engine

Send a message via AIM to Loki047
Quote:
Yep I hear that, but that seems a little unfair. The law states I can sell a bike after 15 days of storage too, but that doesn't seem right either. I don't do that because I value my customers and try to work with them as best I can, not try to take advantage of an opportunity screwing them over in the process. If you have been with a company for 10 years and had no late payments or issues I think that would be considered a "good" customer in any business except this one. When the need to have the service or business outweighs the options for customers and a lack of choice is when the problems arise. Think DMV, post office, Comcast, etc.
Well from the sound of it the fund that was putting the money out has shut its doors. The credit card company has no money to lend, ie regardless of how good of a customer I was to you, if you didn't have money to buy gloves you couldn't sell me gloves.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-26-2009, 02:56 PM
Teach me to Ride Please

Sportbike: 2012 HD street glide, 2011 BMW S1000RR, 2006 CBR F4I, 2003 Honda XR50
Years Riding: Not long enough
How you found us: The voices in my head

Send a message via AIM to Guess Who? Send a message via MSN to Guess Who?
Not fair but nothing we can do.

RIP ASHWIN 7/23/2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odysseys View Post
trust me i am not the same cock sucker i was a few years ago either and so on.
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-26-2009, 03:42 PM

Sportbike: 2012 Ducati M696
Years Riding: 4
How you found us: Google

Quote:
If you have been with a company for 10 years and had no late payments or issues I think that would be considered a "good" customer in any business except this one.
The credit card industry term for you is deadbeat. Such a topsy turvy world, the credit card business.
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-26-2009, 09:52 PM
n00b

Sportbike: Yamaha feejer and Suzuki vstrom
Years Riding: 5 years
How you found us: search engine

Send a message via AIM to zed88
How did they make money off you if you always paid on time and such? Was there a yearly charge or something? Or was it just from the fee's they charged people who accepted the card? Just wondering.
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-27-2009, 12:33 AM

Sportbike: '07 Factory RSVR
Years Riding: not long enough
How you found us: member

citicard

Quote:
I hear ya. Citicard tried to raise my % rate (change in terms) and I refused so they will cancelling my membership when my current cc expires. Fine by me.
I'm sure this can be a major inconvenience and place many obstacles in your business. Good luck
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-27-2009, 05:56 AM

Sportbike: CBR1000/GSXR1000
Years Riding: Not long enough
How you found us: Buddy

Send a message via MSN to BFLY
Things just keep hitting harder and harder.. I feel the pain right along with ya..

過労死
--------------------------------------------
Brian
Nesba #98
CBR1000

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode