For Anyone In Sales - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes
 
Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-05-2009, 01:23 PM Thread Starter
Bug
Ridiculously Good Looking
 
Bug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Gold Coast
Posts: 32,746
Location: Gold Coast
Sportbike: Sportbike?
Years Riding: No F'in Idea
How you found us: 4 & 6
           
For Anyone In Sales

This should hit just a tad toooooo close to home - Especially if you are in any kind of Technology Related Fields

What I go through everyday summed up in a frickin Youtube Vid


"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming WOW, what a RIDE !!"
Bug is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-05-2009, 01:27 PM
Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
 
SmartDrug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Bartlett
Posts: 11,410
Location: Bartlett
Sportbike: 955i Speed Triple, 100AE Road King, AP1 Honda S2000
Years Riding: 1/3rd of my life.
How you found us: Cave Johnson
           
Bwahahaha!

Brian
NESBA #22
الكافرة مع بندقية سوداء
Si vis pacem parabellum

Quote:
Yeah, I quit doing blow, not being rad!
SmartDrug is offline  
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-05-2009, 01:31 PM
d0 work s0n!
 
paintedblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: West Chicago
Posts: 2,218
Location: West Chicago
Sportbike: '06 GSX-R
Years Riding: Moment I got off the street
How you found us: twinky in the donut?
           
quality. lol...

#910

"if i close my mind in fear, please pry it open. if my face becomes sincere beware.
when i start to come undone, stitch me together.
when you see me stretched remind me of what left this outlaw torn."
paintedblue is offline  
post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-05-2009, 01:32 PM
Illegitimi non Carborundu
 
Paul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Arlington Heights, Il
Posts: 7,291
Location: Arlington Heights, Il
Sportbike: That Bike
Years Riding: That Long
How you found us: Google Search for "sexy."
           
Send a message via AIM to Paul Send a message via MSN to Paul Send a message via Yahoo to Paul Send a message via Skype™ to Paul
So true...

2012 Goldwing Owner
2013 Ninja 1000 Owner
2013 Harley Davidson Night Rod Special Owner
Paul is offline  
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-05-2009, 01:32 PM
Chief Apex Inspector
 
BLARNEY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Bartlett
Posts: 10,598
Location: Bartlett
Sportbike: The Bird is the *word* - XX
Years Riding: Lots
How you found us: Stuck on the bottom of my race boot.......
           
That is hysterical .... well OK painfully funny.


Tom

T2
It's ALL between the ears.....
NESBA Midwest CR #82 ( Hey - T2! ) Retired ?
FJR and a Big Red Wing-Thing
BLARNEY's GARAGE
BLARNEY is offline  
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-05-2009, 02:51 PM
I miss mopar
 
Drama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Highlands Ranch, Colorado
Posts: 8,249
Location: Highlands Ranch, Colorado
Sportbike: 2008 Yamaha Zuma
Years Riding: I can't count that high.
How you found us: i don't remember.
           
Send a message via AIM to Drama Send a message via Skype™ to Drama
Not true at all.

My Customer: What's your cost to make this part?

My company: We don't give out our costs?

My customer: You will, or you will never do business with us again, but don't worry we will give you a fair margin for the device.

My company: Our cost is X

Customer: That's too high. Take 25% off of X and we will buy it. If you don't we will take away all your other business and never do business with you again.

Steve
08 yamaha Zuma 49cc
Dirt: TBD
I love bike shopping.
Drama is offline  
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-05-2009, 03:43 PM
Registered User
 
beac83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Morgan Park, IL
Posts: 3,749
Location: Morgan Park, IL
Sportbike: A couple
Years Riding: too long to have any sense
How you found us: NESBA
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drama View Post
Not true at all.

My Customer: What's your cost to make this part?

My company: We don't give out our costs?

My customer: You will, or you will never do business with us again, but don't worry we will give you a fair margin for the device.

My company: Our cost is X

Customer: That's too high. Take 25% off of X and we will buy it. If you don't we will take away all your other business and never do business with you again.
Steve - been dealing with GE again I see.

That was too close to the truth to be funny. Like Tom said - Painfully funny.

Sounds like nearly every customer visit these days.

Craig
________________
beac83 is offline  
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-05-2009, 04:07 PM
Registered User
 
ceptor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Tinley Park
Posts: 657
Location: Tinley Park
Sportbike: Honda Interceptor
Years Riding: including today?
      
Maybe a bit off topic,but. How about people that come in with their own parts that they purchased elsewhere and expect me to install them. Anyone here a bartender? I would like to come to a bar with my own vodka & tonic, have a bartender mix the drink and not charge for the "parts".
ceptor is offline  
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-05-2009, 04:10 PM
Resident Slow Guy
 
ENutz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: On a plane
Posts: 7,391
Location: On a plane
Sportbike: Ain't got none!
Years Riding: Since May 21, 2011
How you found us: The intarwebz
           
Send a message via Yahoo to ENutz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceptor View Post
Maybe a bit off topic,but. How about people that come in with their own parts that they purchased elsewhere and expect me to install them. Anyone here a bartender? I would like to come to a bar with my own vodka & tonic, have a bartender mix the drink and not charge for the "parts".
Well you still make money off the labor right?

<- Erwin

CCS AM #611

"Nigga if you ride, nigga you gon fall!" - Katt Williams

Ashwin Gopal, David Ryan, Baby Ronin Tyler, John George, Chris Kotacka aka 'Arch', Eva Grzegorczyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob, Esq. View Post
image v. substance. Some people want to be motorcyclists, others just want to be seen as motorcyclists.
ENutz is offline  
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-05-2009, 04:10 PM
I miss mopar
 
Drama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Highlands Ranch, Colorado
Posts: 8,249
Location: Highlands Ranch, Colorado
Sportbike: 2008 Yamaha Zuma
Years Riding: I can't count that high.
How you found us: i don't remember.
           
Send a message via AIM to Drama Send a message via Skype™ to Drama
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceptor View Post
Maybe a bit off topic,but. How about people that come in with their own parts that they purchased elsewhere and expect me to install them. Anyone here a bartender? I would like to come to a bar with my own vodka & tonic, have a bartender mix the drink and not charge for the "parts".
Dude, its called a BYOB place. bring your booze and just pay a corking fee.

Steve
08 yamaha Zuma 49cc
Dirt: TBD
I love bike shopping.
Drama is offline  
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-05-2009, 04:16 PM
[Online]
 
Fracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 3,698
Location: Chicago
Sportbike: Multistrada 1100S; CBR600RR
Years Riding: Since 2004
How you found us: CRR
           
Funny, but there is the other side to it too:

Customer: So how much is the hamburger?

Vendor: Ah, lets see. What kind of car do you drive?

Customer: What kind of... what? Why?

Vendor: I'm just trying to get a general feel of things. So is it a Lexus or BMW or... a Geo?

Customer: It's a Toyota.

Vendor: Great! Good choice of cars, BTW. We typically sell hamburgers to people who drive Mercedes Benz and Range Rovers, but we like Toyota customers. They're financially smart and they know that you get what you pay for. They are willing to invest into wellbeings of their stomaches. Yes... So where do you live?

Customer: Excuse me?

Vendor: Oh, I'm not asking for exact address! Oh, no! That would be so UN-professional! No! Just a name of the neighborhood, intersection would be ideal. It's all the same standard thing, you know, we'd like to get to know our customers.

Customer: The hamburger?

Vendor: Well, I just need your driving license and social security number and then we'll do a ****FREE**** presentation about our hamburgers, we'd like to educate you about keeping proper and healthy diet and make sure you understand how our hamburgers are better than the competitor's. Hey, you will have an excuse to work from home that day and do nothing on the conference call for 7 hours you know and I'll bring 20 of my buddies who will be sitting there on the phone call browsing pr0n and IMing all meeting.

Customer: The fucking hamburger. How much?

Vendor: Yeah, yeah, yeah, we'll get to that, it's our policy to ask all those general questions, you know. But let me be frank with you and make it short: how much money did you make last year?

- Stas

Thou shalt not disfigure the soul.

Last edited by Fracker; 06-05-2009 at 04:19 PM.
Fracker is offline  
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-05-2009, 04:18 PM
[Online]
 
Fracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 3,698
Location: Chicago
Sportbike: Multistrada 1100S; CBR600RR
Years Riding: Since 2004
How you found us: CRR
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceptor View Post
Maybe a bit off topic,but. How about people that come in with their own parts that they purchased elsewhere and expect me to install them. Anyone here a bartender? I would like to come to a bar with my own vodka & tonic, have a bartender mix the drink and not charge for the "parts".
What's wrong with that? What if you don't have the parts I need? I needed to install new shocks today that I bought off the Tire Rack. Got turned down by two shops but the third one (an installer listed on the Tire Rack web site) took it with no problems.

I would do it myself but I haven't got the time and tools and I needed to get it done today.

- Stas

Thou shalt not disfigure the soul.
Fracker is offline  
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-05-2009, 04:20 PM Thread Starter
Bug
Ridiculously Good Looking
 
Bug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Gold Coast
Posts: 32,746
Location: Gold Coast
Sportbike: Sportbike?
Years Riding: No F'in Idea
How you found us: 4 & 6
           
Fraker - Ha - Somewhat true - That is known as the "3rd In Syndrome" meaning "I have prices already from (2) other people and could give a shit about you or your company, I need a number to beat up the guy I plan to buy from on price"

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming WOW, what a RIDE !!"
Bug is offline  
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-05-2009, 04:22 PM
Old Squid on a Blade
 
Blade Runner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Carpentersville
Posts: 9,389
Location: Carpentersville
Sportbike: 2000 929
Years Riding: Longer than most of you have been alive. And I'm still slow.
How you found us: The voices in my head told me to come here
           
Ever get the feeling that you are doing a lot of free consulting lately?

There is nothing firm, nothing balanced, nothing durable in all the universe. Nothing remains in its original state, each day, each hour, each moment, there is change. Change is the essence of life. Embrace change as you do life. To fight change is to live in the past.
Blade Runner is offline  
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-05-2009, 04:23 PM Thread Starter
Bug
Ridiculously Good Looking
 
Bug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Gold Coast
Posts: 32,746
Location: Gold Coast
Sportbike: Sportbike?
Years Riding: No F'in Idea
How you found us: 4 & 6
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade Runner View Post
Ever get the feeling that you are doing a lot of free consulting lately?
Dude - You speakth to me on a level that none have

"Okay, spend countless hours with me and change it five times so I can see it every way possible and then tell me how to map this 0ut again?"

Hi, Tiger Direct, can you quote these SKUS for me?

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming WOW, what a RIDE !!"
Bug is offline  
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-05-2009, 04:37 PM
[Online]
 
Fracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 3,698
Location: Chicago
Sportbike: Multistrada 1100S; CBR600RR
Years Riding: Since 2004
How you found us: CRR
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bug View Post
Fraker - Ha - Somewhat true - That is known as the "3rd In Syndrome" meaning "I have prices already from (2) other people and could give a shit about you or your company, I need a number to beat up the guy I plan to buy from on price"
There is another possibility and I've been in that position recently with HP. I've already used their product (LoadRunner) before, I love it, I just need to know the best price ATM so that I can stick it into a memo I will give to the execs. Yeah, it's a 3rd in and I already have a quote from 2 other companies but the key thing is that I really do want that other product (HP) and I don't need to endure through several hours of sales pitch, especially because I'm super-busy. Just get me the price and you get to do nothing, while I'm selling it for you internally.

Another scenario is when you know the subject matter to smallest detail but they are still trying to "educate" you. Causes immense irritation and rejection. Even though I'm openly asking "just give me your product, let me play with it, if I like it, I'll sell it internally and you don't have to lift a finger except work out the costs in the very end. If I don't like it, nothing is gonna change it." Very few understand it and do as asked.

It's just sad but I guess it's normal, because good sales people are just as rare as good technologists.

- Stas

Thou shalt not disfigure the soul.
Fracker is offline  
post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-05-2009, 04:43 PM
Old Squid on a Blade
 
Blade Runner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Carpentersville
Posts: 9,389
Location: Carpentersville
Sportbike: 2000 929
Years Riding: Longer than most of you have been alive. And I'm still slow.
How you found us: The voices in my head told me to come here
           
Man, I feel your pain. I'm telling you, look into the Sandler system. 28 years of big ticket sales based on a consultative style with solid 6s and I'm completely revamping how I approach "the game". With the pending D I've got to do something to double my income again and shoot for 7s. It is a good time to do something a little different.

There is nothing firm, nothing balanced, nothing durable in all the universe. Nothing remains in its original state, each day, each hour, each moment, there is change. Change is the essence of life. Embrace change as you do life. To fight change is to live in the past.
Blade Runner is offline  
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-05-2009, 04:53 PM Thread Starter
Bug
Ridiculously Good Looking
 
Bug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Gold Coast
Posts: 32,746
Location: Gold Coast
Sportbike: Sportbike?
Years Riding: No F'in Idea
How you found us: 4 & 6
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fracker View Post
There is another possibility and I've been in that position recently with HP. I've already used their product (LoadRunner) before, I love it, I just need to know the best price ATM so that I can stick it into a memo I will give to the execs. Yeah, it's a 3rd in and I already have a quote from 2 other companies but the key thing is that I really do want that other product (HP) and I don't need to endure through several hours of sales pitch, especially because I'm super-busy. Just get me the price and you get to do nothing, while I'm selling it for you internally.

Another scenario is when you know the subject matter to smallest detail but they are still trying to "educate" you. Causes immense irritation and rejection. Even though I'm openly asking "just give me your product, let me play with it, if I like it, I'll sell it internally and you don't have to lift a finger except work out the costs in the very end. If I don't like it, nothing is gonna change it." Very few understand it and do as asked.

It's just sad but I guess it's normal, because good sales people are just as rare as good technologists.
All true Bro and the only retort I have is that if we do not show you EVERYTHING on the product (and maybe just surprise you with something you thought you knew but did not) so you know ALL it can do we can feel confident you will not get stumped and say "this shit sucks, fuck this crap" when you never even gave us the opportunity to show you how it works - To have you sell it for us is nice but I'll be damned if I am not gonna train YOU on the entire product if it is you in front of the decision maker rather than me - It's all a big fucking game and no one trusts anyone due to some shady dealings that have happened to EVERYONE in this business

Loadrunner? - Really? - Very shortsided tool bro - You ever play with any of the F5 Gear? - If you like load runner, you would be BLOWN away by some of the F5 stuff - Loadrunner is 5 yr old technology, no? - Did you ever play with Mercury Interactive back when they owned that space???

Oh and you know that you and I are all good Bro - just having a convo here

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming WOW, what a RIDE !!"
Bug is offline  
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-05-2009, 05:17 PM
[Online]
 
Fracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 3,698
Location: Chicago
Sportbike: Multistrada 1100S; CBR600RR
Years Riding: Since 2004
How you found us: CRR
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bug View Post
All true Bro and the only retort I have is that if we do not show you EVERYTHING on the product (and maybe just surprise you with something you thought you knew but did not) so you know ALL it can do we can feel confident you will not get stumped and say "this shit sucks, fuck this crap" when you never even gave us the opportunity to show you how it works - To have you sell it for us is nice but I'll be damned if I am not gonna train YOU on the entire product if it is you in front of the decision maker rather than me - It's all a big fucking game and no one trusts anyone due to some shady dealings that have happened to EVERYONE in this business

Loadrunner? - Really? - Very shortsided tool bro - You ever play with any of the F5 Gear? - If you like load runner, you would be BLOWN away by some of the F5 stuff - Loadrunner is 5 yr old technology, no? - Did you ever play with Mercury Interactive back when they owned that space???

Oh and you know that you and I are all good Bro - just having a convo here
I'm not against showing stuff in the product, in fact, that would be helpful. But if I'm shopping for a enterprise level load testing tool, do I really need to be educated about the importance of performance/stress testing? Especially when I'm the one who pushed that idea at the client's in the first place.

Another problem is that typically the pace for those educational sessions doesn't match. From my experience, most often sales people approach everyone like an exec level person that needs to be spoon-fed with over-generalizations and ROI calculations. Plus has loads of free time. I didn't pull "7 hour meeting" out of my ass, that's exactly how much time IBM guys tried to schedule for Rational presentation a while ago (I wouldn't even consider Rational, it sucks). I seriously wanted to tell them go fuck themselves . What I mean is that I'd love super-fast-paced technical presentation that is 100% interactive instead of a long monologue. Really nice PowerPoint/PDF presentation given to me in advance would help a lot. I would just skim through it real fast and then concentrate on the areas that are not clear / I didn't understand / had no experience with.

As far as LoadRunner - yeah, it's old and yeah I've used it when it was Mercury Interactive. I think it's even older than 5 years, but it works. We had a very specific requirement - support for WCF TCP calls and only LoadRunner could do it out of the box.

F5 - I didn't even know they made general purpose load testing tools... Do they?

I know it's all good

- Stas

Thou shalt not disfigure the soul.
Fracker is offline  
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-05-2009, 05:31 PM Thread Starter
Bug
Ridiculously Good Looking
 
Bug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Gold Coast
Posts: 32,746
Location: Gold Coast
Sportbike: Sportbike?
Years Riding: No F'in Idea
How you found us: 4 & 6
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fracker View Post
I'm not against showing stuff in the product, in fact, that would be helpful. But if I'm shopping for a enterprise level load testing tool, do I really need to be educated about the importance of performance/stress testing? Especially when I'm the one who pushed that idea at the client's in the first place.

Another problem is that typically the pace for those educational sessions doesn't match. From my experience, most often sales people approach everyone like an exec level person that needs to be spoon-fed with over-generalizations and ROI calculations. Plus has loads of free time. I didn't pull "7 hour meeting" out of my ass, that's exactly how much time IBM guys tried to schedule for Rational presentation a while ago (I wouldn't even consider Rational, it sucks). I seriously wanted to tell them go fuck themselves . What I mean is that I'd love super-fast-paced technical presentation that is 100% interactive instead of a long monologue. Really nice PowerPoint/PDF presentation given to me in advance would help a lot. I would just skim through it real fast and then concentrate on the areas that are not clear / I didn't understand / had no experience with.

As far as LoadRunner - yeah, it's old and yeah I've used it when it was Mercury Interactive. I think it's even older than 5 years, but it works. We had a very specific requirement - support for WCF TCP calls and only LoadRunner could do it out of the box.

F5 - I didn't even know they made general purpose load testing tools... Do they?

I know it's all good
You seem to be getting "Green" Sales reps - If I am chatting tech, I never even discuss ROI - I'll ask your background so I know you'll understand the storm of acronyms I am about to throw at you - Yeah, some Reps in what i do just do not get it - Save the #'s for Finance - Save the Opps for, well, operations, save the Company Background and future of for the CIO and show the guys in the trenches how the shit works and how it can make their life easier

As for load testing, the F5 Big IP's (fancy name for Load Balancers) can do SOOOOOOO much with the Dual Stacks that it makes the Loadrunner look old and dated - It comes with a bigger price tag but it does more too - Not an Apples to Apples but the Big IPs just do soooo much

http://www.f5.com/products/big-ip/

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming WOW, what a RIDE !!"
Bug is offline  
post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-05-2009, 05:37 PM
Moderator

 
Underdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Not Chicago Anymore
Posts: 9,249
Location: Not Chicago Anymore
Sportbike: 08 YZ250F, 03 Tuono
Years Riding: Eh?
How you found us: .
           
Ah the good ole days.

You transition from hero to goat in 30 day intervals. Spend half your time creating a pipeline full of tirekickers and the other half convincing management that they're all just looking for a pen to sign the proposal. Coworkers sniping deals from each other over coffee, and a livable income that resembles a scratch off lottery ticket.

That said, there's nothing like closing a deal (with women or clients). If they could bottle that feeling I'd sell my soul for a fix.

<---- Patrick

Property of Evil Monkey Racing

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.


Underdog is offline  
post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-05-2009, 05:49 PM Thread Starter
Bug
Ridiculously Good Looking
 
Bug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Gold Coast
Posts: 32,746
Location: Gold Coast
Sportbike: Sportbike?
Years Riding: No F'in Idea
How you found us: 4 & 6
           
Not bad UD - Not bad at all - Amen to the Lottery Ref

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming WOW, what a RIDE !!"
Bug is offline  
post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-05-2009, 07:25 PM
[Online]
 
Fracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 3,698
Location: Chicago
Sportbike: Multistrada 1100S; CBR600RR
Years Riding: Since 2004
How you found us: CRR
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bug View Post
You seem to be getting "Green" Sales reps - If I am chatting tech, I never even discuss ROI - I'll ask your background so I know you'll understand the storm of acronyms I am about to throw at you - Yeah, some Reps in what i do just do not get it - Save the #'s for Finance - Save the Opps for, well, operations, save the Company Background and future of for the CIO and show the guys in the trenches how the shit works and how it can make their life easier

As for load testing, the F5 Big IP's (fancy name for Load Balancers) can do SOOOOOOO much with the Dual Stacks that it makes the Loadrunner look old and dated - It comes with a bigger price tag but it does more too - Not an Apples to Apples but the Big IPs just do soooo much

http://www.f5.com/products/big-ip/
Yeah, like I said, most of them are probably green. Sometimes there are great pros that make it easy and quick , but they are rare.

Not sure about how the Big IP could work for the load testing for us. It seems to be a smart network appliance, but what we need is the software where we can script different test scenarios simulating multiple virtual users. It has to be aware of the highest level protocol that is used - in our case WCF TCP or it could be the web services, so TCP wouldn't be enough. Simply recording and playing back network traffic wouldn't work for us.

- Stas

Thou shalt not disfigure the soul.
Fracker is offline  
post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-05-2009, 08:31 PM
Administrator
 
HDTony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Plainfield IL
Posts: 45,956
Location: Plainfield IL
Sportbike: A couple of pasta rockets
Years Riding: Since 1989
How you found us: In the beginning there was CLSB and Tony saw that it was good.
           
Send a message via AIM to HDTony
I just wish my IT dept could find ONE damn system and stick to the damn thing. I deal with 7 different systems a day all to install a simple infinera. One system that I have to use to search for my work as it's hidden in the system instead of being pushed out to me, and doesn't tell me if I make an error in the search so if you screw up you just miss the job. I have one to track my time, one to do inventory the parts, one to enter the asset tags, one to click on 15 different links to find my fiber connections and one help desk program to fill out trouble tickets for half of those systems that dint F'in work!! oh and a 90 page excel document with the one line of specs I need hidden on a different page everytime.

I want a system, that will alert me when I have a work order, let me click once to confirm or deny whether I need the standards parts consumables kit, then click once to close when it's done and installed. oh and running on a black berry or iPhone would be nice as well. Is that so F'in difficult?????

My company is a salespersons dream, we buy everything they come through the door with and mix it in with all our other shit, then give it a cool name like "Project lightwave" or some shit, cause it's gonna save the world.




HDTony.... Damn glad to meet you!

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.

- Ronald Reagan

AirTek Heating & Air inc.
HDTony is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome