For The Love of Riding!! - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-14-2003, 08:52 PM Thread Starter
Ryde or Die

Sportbike: 01 R1 Yamaha
Years Riding: 10 Dirt/8 Pavement

For The Love of Riding!!

Some people love the Track, Cruising, Stunting, attempt to stunt or a combination of all 4. What I like and what you like might be two different things. But I'm not going to hate or make fun of you because of that. We are all this board because we have one thing in common. We all love to ride. We like some aspect of the sport. What I thought was great about the site is that you can get a taste of it all. We have people that are knowledgeable in all the areas. I think knowing about all the areas and the types of riding makes you a better and more knowledgeable rider as well.

I have been on a few rides and we know that any CLSB rider would not intentionally try to hurt one another during a group ride. I think we all know that. We have seen it when someone goes down. The whole group sticks together and the issue of safety of that person is and has always been 1st priority. Yes I agree safety is and always should be the main focus when riding in a group or not in a group. There is a place for stunting and there is a place for racing. We all should admit that at some time or another we have done one or the other at a time we shouldn’t have and said to ourselves “ boy that was stupid of me”. We all take chances but these are not the chances we should take when we are in a group. We can take those chances when it is only ourselves at risk. (If you chose to do so that is)

I understand it’s your site and you can moderate it. I think we have a lot of great people on the board and will only get better by respecting other peoples love for the sport. There is a lot of knowledge to be shared. If you want to add a stunt forum where questions, comments and concerns can be posted that would be great as well. Everyday we all learn something from the site that is beneficial. Learning what your bike can do on and off the track is great and can only be advantageous.

If you like dragging tail or dragging knees that’s great. There is skill in both. The bottom line is we all love to ride or else we wouldn’t be here on the site. Let’s stick together and make the site and group rides fun and most of all safe. NOW GO OUT AND RIDE!!

Many men, wish death upon me
Blood in my eye dawg and I can't see
I'm trying to be what I'm destined to be.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-14-2003, 08:57 PM
hayabusa_z

Agreed

Mark
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-14-2003, 09:03 PM
YO MAMA

Sportbike: 2010 Electra Glide Police Edition 103cu
Years Riding: a long time!

so true, now if only a few people will change there ways we wont have this problem in the members rides or gatherings.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-14-2003, 09:47 PM
bwa
Boom

Sportbike: None :(
Years Riding: not long enough
How you found us: Crazeinc

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-14-2003, 09:57 PM

Amen to that Rev. Stalker
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-14-2003, 10:27 PM
Who's faster Lupi

Sportbike: 2004 ZX10R & 2005 CRF50
Years Riding: 20
How you found us: SBN

Ditto

NESBA #456 Intermediate
Always 1 step ahead of Lupi. 1:24:7 BHF
And 1 step behind Kimmy

"SoB gets to spend yet ANOTHER season faster than me." -LUPI-

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode