Actor Kills Another - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-22-2003, 12:27 PM Thread Starter

Actor Kills Another

Actor Arrested After Fatal Action Scene

MEXICO CITY - An actor who said he thought he was handed a gun with harmless blanks has been arrested after shooting and killing a colleague during the filming of an action scene.

Actor Flavio Peniche was arrested on suspicion of homicide, according to the attorney general's office of Morelos state, just south of Mexico City. He has been released $40,000 bail.

The incident occurred on Saturday during filming of a low-budget movie, "Juana The Scorpion," at a hotel in Cuernavaca, the state capital.

"I was handed the prop gun, and did the scene as I was instructed," Peniche told The Associated Press Thursday. "When I saw the blood come from his chest, at first I though it was fake blood."

Peniche said he quickly realized actor Antonio Velasco, 42, was unconscious and called for help and tried to stop the bleeding.

Velasco died shortly afterward at a Cuernavaca hospital.

Peniche said Velasco was killed by a blank that contained too much gunpowder. But Morelos state prosecutors said it was a real bullet.

If convicted, Peniche could face a prison sentence of 8 to 20 years.

That's gonna be a blow to his acting career. Not that I know the guy and how he acts... but that has really gotta suck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-22-2003, 12:31 PM
YO MAMA

Sportbike: 2010 Electra Glide Police Edition 103cu
Years Riding: a long time!

HOLY SHIT

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-22-2003, 12:54 PM

Sportbike: k7 gsxr 600 track bike project
Years Riding: couple years...
How you found us: google

thats messed up is that even possible for a blank to shoot somethi'n out?
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-22-2003, 01:01 PM

tghere are 2 kinds of prop bullets, one that makes a bang and flash and another that looks like a real bullet

Apparently that's how bruce lee's son was killed too, first they used a prop bullet that looks like an actual round, somehow the bullet itself fell out and got lodged in the barrel, and when they put in a blank round that contains the powder but no projectile, it had enough force to kick the bullet that was already in the barrel out.

Messed up...
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-22-2003, 01:20 PM
"PC" ,my balls

Sportbike: '02 GSXR1000 (street),'02 GSXR600 (track),'94CR125 (dirt), 3x pocketbikes (oval), KTMs x 3
Years Riding: 20 years
How you found us: Google search

There was an actor several years ago messing around with a prop gun. He put it to his head and fired it. The packing (no bullet, just packing) blew a chunk of his skull out the other side. Pure genius.

My wife thinks we're a bunch of Top Gun wannabes with our call signs, so for future reference, I'm Roger

I've done some things I'm not proud of...and the things I am proud of are disgusting - Moe on the Simpsons
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-22-2003, 01:46 PM

isnt that how brandon lee died while filming the crow?
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-22-2003, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bluebusa60544
There was an actor several years ago messing around with a prop gun. He put it to his head and fired it. The packing (no bullet, just packing) blew a chunk of his skull out the other side. Pure genius.
I was just thinking this myself... Guy was on a sci-fi show with a kid... and they wandered through time making things right that were wrong... I can see the show clearly in my head but can't remember the name of it. Timewalkers.... Timesomething... But anyway it was after that show and he started on another one with models and he was a detective or something. He put the blank to his head and pulled the trigger. I can still remember the newscast (as I remember the one with Brandon Lee) where it was stated that he had died.

Kanati
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-22-2003, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Boxuin
isnt that how brandon lee died while filming the crow?
That's what aptyp was saying...
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-22-2003, 10:10 PM
stuck in 6th gear

Sportbike: '99 SV650, GSX-R1K2, CRF230F5, '08 HM-S
Years Riding: not enough lately *(&%# work...
How you found us: LBK back in the day

Quote:
Originally posted by Kanati
I was just thinking this myself... Guy was on a sci-fi show with a kid... and they wandered through time making things right that were wrong... I can see the show clearly in my head but can't remember the name of it. Timewalkers.... Timesomething... But anyway it was after that show and he started on another one with models and he was a detective or something. He put the blank to his head and pulled the trigger. I can still remember the newscast (as I remember the one with Brandon Lee) where it was stated that he had died.

Kanati
Jon-Erik Hexum. The show was Voyagers. That was a coooool show.

Plot synopsis:

Phineas Bogg is a member of a group people called Voyagers. They help history along. Give it a push where it's needed. He is a regular human that was living as a pirate a few hundred years ago, when he was chosen to be a voyager. He travels by way of a gold pocket watch like device called an omni. When the light is flashing red, it means history is wrong. His job is to fix it. In the pilot episode, Bogg ends up in 1982 when his omni malfunctions. (He is only supposed to be able to go as far as 1970.) He ends up in the apartment where 12 year old Jeffery Jones and his aunt and uncle live. (Jones parents were recently killed in an accident.) While there, Jeffery's dog grabs hold of Bogg's guide book (basically a history book.) Bogg being a pretty inept history person has no clue what to do without his book. One thing leads to another and Jeffery falls out of the building's window. The only way to save him is for Bogg to jump out after him and travel through time. Now Bogg is stuck in time with a 12 year old kid (Jeffery), no guide book, and no way of getting Jeffery back. But he does have an ace in the hole. Jeffery's dad was a history professor and Jeffery picked up much of his knowledge. So now the two of them, travel through time, giving history a push along where it is needed.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-23-2003, 12:10 AM

That's IT! And he wasn't too damn bad of an actor either. Shame he was stupid too.

Kanati

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode