Vaccinations - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-09-2009, 02:50 PM Thread Starter

Sportbike: 2003 Aprilia Mille R Colin Edwards / 01-02 Ninj ZX6r Tracktoy / 2003 SV650
Years Riding: 12
How you found us: some guy at the IBM credit union told me about it

Vaccinations

Today my little one has to go in for her 1 year shots.
I understand why we vaccinate...
I understand it's for the good of the individual, the society... herd immunity...
in general..
I also understand that autism rates keep going up and up...
Some say it's better diagnostics... TV... Electronics... Changed criteria... Etc...
They are reporting 1 in 97 now... That's about double what it was before.. Which was still scary.
This scares the shit out of me...
She is perfect right now...
I don't get my science from playmates.. Although I have been known to enjoy looking at Jenny.. I don't know how much of a scientist she really is...
I don't 100% believe the CDC and the FDA... They have been known to lie.. They make mistakes... and when in doubt.. They are going to error on the side of the many rather than the few...
If vaccinations killed 1 in 1000 children.. Would they be good for society? Yep.. for 99.9% of the population they would...
Who knows how many an outbreak of some type might kill... maybe 1/1000.. maybe 1/100... maybe... maybe none of us know
We have erradicated (mostly) most of the things we vaccinate against...
Fact remains.. I have to roll the dice on an unknown in 2 hours...
I have to do this because if I choose to rely on the herd.. She can't go to school.. travel becomes more dangerous... she can no longer see her (or most) pediatrician...

So I have to do this...
and it's probably the right decision...
and it's best for all of us....

My Chiropractor says they are all bad.. and has lots of pamphlets
My wife worked with CDC in infection control.. and she see's things differently...

Let's just say I am exposed to both sides... and have read both arguments...

and I know.. running the odds I am doing.. what I believe (ok.. know was a strong word.. I believe) that I am doing the right thing...

but damnit.
It's my job to protect her from everything... Including those 4 needles they are going to stick into her while she is playing and happy... and then it's gonna be my job to hold her while she screams and cries.. and looks at me like "how could you let this happen"

I don't like this part of the job.

This sucks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-09-2009, 02:54 PM
Irony helps us play!

Sportbike: 2000 F4
Years Riding: Long enough to know better
How you found us: some hot MILF whispered it in my ear

I don't know whether to respond to your list of thoughts/concerns or just say... do HER right... and let your own feeling be what they are.

Everyone Exaggerates

We're being taken for a ride... agaaaaaaain.....

Best Auto/Moto Insurance | Motorcycle Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-09-2009, 03:02 PM Thread Starter

Sportbike: 2003 Aprilia Mille R Colin Edwards / 01-02 Ninj ZX6r Tracktoy / 2003 SV650

I am
I don't have a blog
So I just ranted right here...
and there is no point even discussing things with the wife... she basically says "are we going to or aren't we.. ?"
she's kind of like a guy in that way.
Lots of new dads on here.. I am sure these thoughts are going through a lot of their minds as well...
95 out of 100 are going to do them...
but...
it's still...
frustrating and scary.. and ... nerve-wracking
post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-09-2009, 03:09 PM
Irony helps us play!

The unknown and the concern for a child is nothing that can really be totally conveyed to one without one... Nothing is 100% safe in life... not vaccines, not the food you eat or the street you cross... Just try to do the calculated best you can each day and take each day as a blessing.

All my 4 have been vaccinated for everything required and we just got flu shots today as well. I have one son 'on the spectrum' and it's sad how many 'experts' tried to tell us it was the vaccinations but they are just flat out wrong because the signs and signals were there well before that time and there's family history of many of the aspects (including in myself)... The reason the numbers are increasing is because more and more things are being considered to be 'in the spectrum' than there ever was before... thus mathematically CAUSING the hit rates to shoot to the moon by default.

Everyone Exaggerates

post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-09-2009, 03:13 PM Thread Starter

I am.
She is sleeping in her stroller behind my desk as I type...
I am sorry youre son is listed in there.. I truly hope it is very mild...
I don't know a lot about autism.. but don't a lot of the children with very slight cases or indications often grow out of it? or is it a matter of they learn how to deal with it and work around it?

I say I don't know because I don't....
I don't believe it is just broader spec
or better testing...
I am sure those contribute.. Perhaps quite a bit..
but I think there are a lot of reasons we are seeing this # go up...
and I think the CDC and centers for health care don't want to scare people from getting them.. because 99 times out of 100 it is the right thing to do.. maybe 1 or less out of a hundred something goes wrong.. but if nobody did them.. then the problem would be much worse... potentially..

Does that make sense?

Perhaps I am paranoid.. I know I am a bit.. I trust people to do what is in their best interest for the most part.. I am rarely let down with this system

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch View Post
The unknown and the concern for a child is nothing that can really be totally conveyed to one without one... Nothing is 100% safe in life... not vaccines, not the food you eat or the street you cross... Just try to do the calculated best you can each day and take each day as a blessing.

All my 4 have been vaccinated for everything required and we just got flu shots today as well. I have one son 'on the spectrum' and it's sad how many 'experts' tried to tell us it was the vaccinations but they are just flat out wrong because the signs and signals were there well before that time and there's family history of many of the aspects (including in myself)... The reason the numbers are increasing is because more and more things are being considered to be 'in the spectrum' than there ever was before... thus mathematically CAUSING the hit rates to shoot to the moon by default.

Last edited by iamnotgreg; 10-09-2009 at 03:17 PM.
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-09-2009, 03:18 PM

Sportbike: ninja
Years Riding: since I was a kid
How you found us: K.I.T.T.

chiropractor isn't a real doctor (my opinion)

They have not proved that vacines are related to austism. Might take another 10-20 years of testing to prove anything.

I dont know what different vaccines we have now vs 20 years ago. But I believe children are more harmful from our environment. And what the mothers are exposed to while pregnant.

non biased doctors feel vaccines are needed to protect your child from deadly illnesses.
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-09-2009, 03:24 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by taledarkside View Post
chiropractor isn't a real doctor (my opinion)

They have not proved that vacines are related to austism. Might take another 10-20 years of testing to prove anything.

I dont know what different vaccines we have now vs 20 years ago. But I believe children are more harmful from our environment. And what the mothers are exposed to while pregnant.

non biased doctors feel vaccines are needed to protect your child from deadly illnesses.
I know ...
well.. she is.. but yeah.. I see you're point..
and I don't base my opinions on it by her opinions.. just pointing out an opinion...

I can't imagine you have done nearly as much research on this as most people who have had kids in the last.. 10 years or so...

and to say Dr's are biased.. of course they are.. everyone is biases.. I am biased you are biased.. Dr's are trained a certain way... Dr's learn from the system that says "there is no way vaccinations can cause this"

Truth be told.. They CANNOT ever admit they did.. Even if they found out.. Because 1 in a thousand or 1 in a 100 getting sick is better than the alternative.. and Dr's and the CDC know this...

So even if testing did show it was the cause.. I don't think it would become common knowledge until a workaround or alternative was in place.

I am not saying vaccinations are bad...
I am not saying they cause autism
I am saying.. wherever there is a chance.. and you knowingly put your child in possible harms way... It's more stressful than you can imagine...

Assuming you know or did your research into what could possibly go wrong.
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-09-2009, 03:26 PM
Irony helps us play!

My son is a 'higher functioning' categorized as Asperger's Syndrome. You'd never know if you met him... Mercury has been out of most of the vaccines for a number of years now, yet the numbers go up and autism isn't just in kids who have been vaccinated. In my son's year several of the kids have not been vaccinated due to 'religious reasons' and are far heavier cases... Go figure.

Everyone Exaggerates

post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-09-2009, 03:31 PM Thread Starter

I was going to ask but I couldn't remember the spelling (and we have to go now... so i didn't look it up)

They say the character Greg House on House has Asperger's...
(i know.. diagnosing a fictional character... yadda yadda yadda)

but it's a very common disorder in the IT field as I am sure you know.. It lends itself to that kind of critical thinking... Again.. So I have read..

Personally I think my ass has just become extremely ADD due to news/internet/clsb/crack cocaine.. and whatnot

Quote:
My son is a 'higher functioning' categorized as Asperger's Syndrome. You'd never know if you met him... Mercury has been out of most of the vaccines for a number of years now, yet the numbers go up and autism isn't just in kids who have been vaccinated. In my son's year several of the kids have not been vaccinated due to 'religious reasons' and are far heavier cases... Go figure.
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-09-2009, 03:36 PM Thread Starter

Connie said she worked with two docs with Asperger.. one of them was the head of neuro psych...
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-09-2009, 03:38 PM

science and math is a huge love of mine.

Just like arch saying. and i said it. Mercury, lead, gassing of products that are new. Are people getting ill from the crap that is made in China? Theres no regulations there. Thats why companies get moved to 3rd world countries.

mercury in fish? I'm sure theres lead on anything we buy from china. Like working with car batteries, you need to wash your hands after touching it. Otherwise, your consuming lead with food. Plus we are getting more and more exposed to high frequency waves from cell phones and other electrical devices. going from 100hertz to megahertz devices.

And doctors are starting to "learn" what autism is and diagnose it better. Something that wasn't really known about back then. And people just got put in the special kids class. And it does seem like there are more kids that are autistic.
post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-09-2009, 03:48 PM

Quote:
I've seen the worse case autism.

but what is the mild. I noticed it says people have a problem with social issues.
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-09-2009, 04:13 PM
TERRAdactyl

Sportbike: 07 600RR
Years Riding: on the street since 01
How you found us: accidentally stepped in it

Send a message via Yahoo to catwlights
Note: Im not a parent.

with that... I work with several. One of which has a story..... a shocking story that I just learned about last week.

Two years ago his three year old daughter suffered a nearly fatal seizure. Cause - high levels of mercury and lead in her system. She had to have some kind of process performed (chelation). They spent THOUSANDS of dollars trying to find the source. Never did. Even tested the school she attended and every possible aspect of any item that could have entered her body.

They made the decision after that to completely relinquish all toxins from their home and bodies. Including no vaccines for the second (youngest of two) daughter.

I have never heard of the risks of vaccinations before this story, but I tell you what.... if I ever become a parent of a child, after seeing what this family went through... I will get Sherlock Holmes on this subject.

Terra
STT Staff
Midwest Instructor
www.sportbiketracktime.com

Pushing the Limits of Life's Opportunities
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-09-2009, 04:39 PM
Irony helps us play!

Certain Chelation treatments can kill you.

There's also mega $$ in the treatments and a log of snake oil salesmen surrounding it.

The 'cause' can be as simple as where you live which translates into 'what you breathe'.

Everyone Exaggerates

post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-09-2009, 05:18 PM Thread Starter

Done. We took her for cake afterwards.
That scream goes through you in a way no nonparet could understand.
She's being a little tired trooper and keeps offering me her stinky blanket to sniff (that's how she calms down she breathes through her blanket.)
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-09-2009, 05:20 PM

Sportbike: Honda Interceptor
Years Riding: including today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotgreg View Post
Today my little one has to go in for her 1 year shots.
I understand why we vaccinate...
I understand it's for the good of the individual, the society... herd immunity...
in general..
I also understand that autism rates keep going up and up...
Some say it's better diagnostics... TV... Electronics... Changed criteria... Etc...
They are reporting 1 in 97 now... That's about double what it was before.. Which was still scary.
This scares the shit out of me...
She is perfect right now...
I don't get my science from playmates.. Although I have been known to enjoy looking at Jenny.. I don't know how much of a scientist she really is...
I don't 100% believe the CDC and the FDA... They have been known to lie.. They make mistakes... and when in doubt.. They are going to error on the side of the many rather than the few...
If vaccinations killed 1 in 1000 children.. Would they be good for society? Yep.. for 99.9% of the population they would...
Who knows how many an outbreak of some type might kill... maybe 1/1000.. maybe 1/100... maybe... maybe none of us know
We have erradicated (mostly) most of the things we vaccinate against...
Fact remains.. I have to roll the dice on an unknown in 2 hours...
I have to do this because if I choose to rely on the herd.. She can't go to school.. travel becomes more dangerous... she can no longer see her (or most) pediatrician...

So I have to do this...
and it's probably the right decision...
and it's best for all of us....

My Chiropractor says they are all bad.. and has lots of pamphlets
My wife worked with CDC in infection control.. and she see's things differently...

Let's just say I am exposed to both sides... and have read both arguments...

and I know.. running the odds I am doing.. what I believe (ok.. know was a strong word.. I believe) that I am doing the right thing...

but damnit.
It's my job to protect her from everything... Including those 4 needles they are going to stick into her while she is playing and happy... and then it's gonna be my job to hold her while she screams and cries.. and looks at me like "how could you let this happen"

I don't like this part of the job.

This sucks.
I could be mistaken here but........I seem to remember Jenny Mcarty saying that her childs problems were caused by wheat & gluton. When she eliminated those from the diet, the child(a boy,I think) became 95% better.
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-09-2009, 05:24 PM
Irony helps us play!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceptor View Post
I could be mistaken here but........I seem to remember Jenny Mcarty saying that her childs problems were caused by wheat & gluton. When she eliminated those from the diet, the child(a boy,I think) became 95% better.
Yes, in some kids certain food allergies can cause a world of pain, discomfort and ongoing problems (both behavioral and physical) that escalate.

Everyone Exaggerates

post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-09-2009, 05:25 PM

oh ya, jim carey and mcarty are all "green"

post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-10-2009, 08:56 AM

Sportbike: R6
How you found us: Sportbike Track Time

I understand your concern as a parent.

Overall, and that is the goal for society, vac. shots help us. Look back through history and you'll see that...

mercury has (allegedly) been removed from vaccines. If you don't know mercury is like a nuke to brain cells. Years ago they didn't know what it did to the human body. Naturally, one would think "umm, it's fuk'n mercury...hello?"

Based on swine flu studies (just to keep with current issues)

An August 1979 article in the American Journal of Epidemiology reported that surveillance uncovered a total of 1098 patients with onset of GBS (GBS causes the body to attack the CNS and you become paralized) from October 1, 1976, to January 31, 1977. Of those, 532 patients had recently received the swine flu shot and another 15 were vaccinated after they developed GBS symptoms. The article concluded: When compared to the unvaccinated population, the vaccinated population had a significantly elevated attack rate in every adult age group, with most of the affected people sickened within five weeks of immunization. The vaccine has been blamed for upwards of 25 deaths.

Again, with all the above crap I, as a parent, understand your concern...honestly, I do. However, the greater good in your child's case will likely prevail.

Search engine all the vaccines given and print a list of side effects including the time lines if available. This will become very important to you if
1)recognize any initial indicators and
2) have all the information if an issue arises

REMEMBER: all Doctors are PRACTICING MEDICINE. Get it? Practice. No two humans are the same.

Nick Amelio
Northern Division Director and Gunshow provider
SPORTBIKETRACKTIME.COM

[email protected]

Last edited by GunshowNick; 10-10-2009 at 08:58 AM.
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-10-2009, 09:01 AM

Sportbike: R6
How you found us: Sportbike Track Time

Quote:
She's being a little tired trooper and keeps offering me her stinky blanket to sniff (that's how she calms down she breathes through her blanket.)
So the blanket smells?

or

it takes away all the bad when she smells it?

just curious

Nick Amelio
Northern Division Director and Gunshow provider
SPORTBIKETRACKTIME.COM

[email protected]
post #21 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-10-2009, 10:33 AM
Wild slide rule roots

Sportbike: 2002 Suzuki TL1000R, yel/blk (Street) & '04 GSXR750 (Track)
Years Riding: 8
How you found us: Got the link through NESBA

Quote:
You didn't ask, but I think you did the right thing. As painful and frightening as the needle is, the diseases it prevents can be a thousand times worse.

Morrand
NESBA #561 (I)
Jabber/Google Talk: [email protected]

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode