Ashwin's Worldly Goods - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-22-2009, 03:24 AM Thread Starter

Sportbike: 2006 YZF600R
Years Riding: 20
How you found us: Member (Ashwin)

Ashwin's Worldly Goods

Ashwin Gopolakrishnan, aka ashwingop, who I affectionately called “Ash”, was a great man, a great rider, a friend to all, but especially a great friend to me. We met as a result of this forum and spent many hours riding together every chance we could.

As many of you know, and some of you who are new here may not, on July 23, 2009, at approximately 10:30 am EST, our good friend Ashwin Gopolakrishnan died as the result of a collision while leading a group ride at the 2009 annual YZF600R.com Gap Meet.

As a result of this, and in recognition of Ashwin's love for motorcycling and his unending willingness to offer his assistnace and knowledge to anyone in need, Ashwin's parents have graciously decided to allow his generosity to continue. Subsequently, Ashwin's motorcycle related possessions are being made available for sale to all of us here as well as the other forums which he frequented.

Unfortunately, the cost of Ashwin's death was not merely emotional, but financial as well. Many of us have already assisted Ashwin's family financially, offering whatever we could out of the kindness of our hearts, asking for nothing in return. Now you have the opportunity to assist his family further by purchasing the items that Ashwin had left behind. All of these items have been inventoried and detailed here. I, along with the help of Ashwin's family, friends, and others from both this forum and Chicagolandsportbikes.com, have collected his property and will be accepting serious offers for the purchase of these items.

You can view the list of items by downloading the attached spreadsheet. Photos of all of the items are available by clicking the links to the right of the descriptions. If an items photos have not been linked, I will be happy to send you one. Some items have not been linked due to time constraints. I will be updating the links and spreadsheet attached here regularly until all the items are complete. Until then, all of the items can be viewed here at this link.

Payment can be made with either cash, money order or via PayPal ([email protected]). If PayPal is used for payment, an additional 4% will be added to the final cost of the item(s) total to cover the transaction fees. No personal checks will be accepted. Items purchased by money order will be shipped only after the money order has cleared. 100% of the net proceeds will go directly to Ashwin's parents.

Depending on the item, it will be shipped from either TN or IL. The items will be available until sold. All sincere offers will be considered. In the case of a multiple offers for a single item, the highest offer will be considered first. Shipping cost will be the responsibility of the buyer utilizing their carrier of choice.

The following is for the sake of making certain this process is as fair, efficient and civil as possible. I am not a lawyer and I will not pretend to be
one. I post the following as a set of rules for the sales process. If you do not agree with the terms presented, do not partake. If you do partake in any
fashion, you are considered to be accepting of the rules and terms of the sale as an informed participant.

This thread is strictly to be used for display purposes only. Do not post any requests or questions here. All sales and communication will be done via email with the address of [email protected]. If you have interest in any item(s), simply refer to the item number and description in the heading of your email. I will respond to all emails in the order they are received. Sales will be completed after one week (7 days) has passed to allow another potential buyer the opportunity to outbid the previous offer. In the case of a higher offer, I will copy the original bidder(s) on the new offer(s) to allow for a counter-offer. The highest offer received for any given item(s) will be accepted at the end of the one week period and the sale will be final. All interested parties will be notified. All email addresses will be kept confidential and no personal information will be shared with any other participants. All sales are “As is” and final. No refunds will be considered or offered. Once an item has shipped, it will be the responsibility of the buyer to pursue any concerns with shipping. Tracking numbers will be made available if provided by the carrier.

Thank you for the love you have shared with Ashwin. Please continue to share his love with others.

Nelson aka Loki WRX YZF
Attached Files
File Type: zip Ashwin's Inventory.zip (13.8 KB, 14 views)

Last edited by Loki WRX YZF; 05-05-2010 at 09:43 AM. Reason: Attached Updated Spreadsheet File 5-5-10. Current bids are now displayed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-26-2009, 10:37 AM Thread Starter

Bids are coming in!!! Make sure to make yours before it's too late!!!!

BTW - the attached zip file here will provide you the spreadsheet.

Thanks!
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-01-2009, 01:51 AM Thread Starter

Newly updated spreadsheet attached (5/5/10).

Current highest bid is listed in the second column. Date and time the current highest bid was received is listed in the third column. Item's "Sold" status is listed in the fourth column.

The track bike was sold for a bid of $1050.00 to a local CLSB member!!!

Last edited by Loki WRX YZF; 05-05-2010 at 09:44 AM.
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-04-2009, 07:35 PM Thread Starter

IMPORTANT NOTICE!!!!!

An error was made on my behalf. The transaction fee of 3% was incorrect. PayPal charges a transaction fee of 4%. I have made the correction in the above rules/terms of sale. I apologize for the error. Any bids confirmed prior to this notice are exempt from the change.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-14-2009, 03:11 PM Thread Starter

Bump!

Still lots of things available! Don't forget that the value listed in the spreadsheet is not a "reserve" or a "minimum bid"!
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-04-2010, 09:04 PM Thread Starter

Okay, folks. The holidays are past us and there is still a lot to take advantage of!!!
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-29-2010, 10:40 PM Thread Starter

The new season isn't far off and there is a lot left to bid on!!
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-13-2010, 10:31 PM Thread Starter

Bump for spreadsheet update (5/5/10)

Last edited by Loki WRX YZF; 05-05-2010 at 09:44 AM.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-05-2010, 09:51 AM Thread Starter

Okay, folks. The season is upon us and the sales have all but halted. I will soon be forced to put things up for auction on Ebay. I wanted to give all of Ashwin's closest friends the first opportunity to benefit and help, and it seems, based on the slow sales, that we have met that goal.

As result, I will be putting every remaining item up for auction on Ebay, beginning the end of this month (May). You will still be able to place bids on items here, until that time.

Thanks to all of you for all you have done in support of Ashwin and his family.

Nelson

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode