What would you do......???? - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-28-2003, 11:44 AM Thread Starter

What would you do......????

We have a work a senerio...... a person constantly complaining they can NOT get their work done ...... their work load is too much. He does not meet his deadlines, other people have to pitch in and do his work. He take regual breaks, regular 45 minute lunches, etc....

But...... when we walk into the office of this person, he is playing SOLITARE or sitting on the internet. When someone walks by, he clicks it off or minimizes it. I caught him SEVERAL TIMES.

He is a new controller who has been on board for about 3 months now. He has his own accounting staff. I do not work for him but rather I work for his boss. I am not in the accounting dept, so I can care less if he makes my life hell.

What would you do?????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-28-2003, 11:47 AM

Sportbike: yz250f
Years Riding: 25 years
How you found us: dont recall

leave an unsigned letter on his desk after he leaves for lunch asking him if he won playing solitaire.

Mike

When the tailgate drops..the bullshit stops
Hunt ethically - Hunt with a trained Retriever !
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-28-2003, 11:53 AM
Head Stepper

Sportbike: TREKK
Years Riding: 9
How you found us: member referal

Send a message via AIM to Pirate Send a message via Yahoo to Pirate
Sign him up for CSLB... That oughta help him get some work done! Oh wait... get work done?? Oh, nevermind.

<-------- Jeff

Hey baby! You ever been on the back of an expensive sportbike??

Property of Evil Monkey Racing
post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-28-2003, 11:54 AM

Sportbike: CURRENTLY LOOKING
Years Riding: since I was 8
How you found us: The NET is MINE

To be honest unless this affects you personally(you said he has his own accounting Staff), I would not get involved. If it does affect you personally or it is affecting the company follow the proper chain of comand and talk to your boss about the issue. The issue can then be taken to HR. And they should be able to handle it.

Logtar - John

My Blog - @Logtar - Google+
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-28-2003, 11:54 AM

Sportbike: CURRENTLY LOOKING
Years Riding: since I was 8
How you found us: The NET is MINE

Hey aren't you at work right now while you are posting this meggy

Logtar - John

My Blog - @Logtar - Google+
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-28-2003, 11:58 AM Thread Starter

Well yeah,....... but..... I get all my work done and stay later without getting paid for it if I need to. He doesn't.

And yes it does affect me because the people who have to do his shit, get time taken away from shit that are on a time line for me that later are late.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-28-2003, 11:59 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by 2weelpilot
leave an unsigned letter on his desk after he leaves for lunch asking him if he won playing solitaire.

LOL LOL LOL LOL

That would of worked but he knows that I saw him.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-28-2003, 12:45 PM

In my experience, guys like this end up gone if the company is actually monitoring results. No results=no job.

How well do you get along with the boss?
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-28-2003, 12:52 PM

Sportbike: 2 many
Years Riding: 12
How you found us: internet

He meets all the qualifications........i think he should be promoted to a Manager
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-28-2003, 01:10 PM

Sportbike: 06 CBR600RR
Years Riding: bought my first street bike in 2000
How you found us: SBN

yeah, i'd be weary about busting him....it could come and bite you in the ass. obviously you use the internet too!!!
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-28-2003, 03:31 PM

When he goes to lunch, get on his computer and delete the Solitaire game. Then put internet filters on his computer.
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-28-2003, 03:38 PM

My .02, I would at least address your problem with him to his face. That way you give him a chance to change his behavior. If he doesn't. him and tell his boss, your boss and any boss who will listen.
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-28-2003, 04:10 PM
Grammaton Cleric

Sportbike: 2005 Suzuki Hayabusa LE
Years Riding: Since 07-01-2001
How you found us: Google, I believe

Send a message via AIM to MrBusa Send a message via Yahoo to MrBusa
Re: What would you do......????

Quote:
Originally posted by MeggysGixxer
We have a work a senerio...... a person constantly complaining they can NOT get their work done ...... their work load is too much. He does not meet his deadlines, other people have to pitch in and do his work. He take regual breaks, regular 45 minute lunches, etc....

But...... when we walk into the office of this person, he is playing SOLITARE or sitting on the internet. When someone walks by, he clicks it off or minimizes it. I caught him SEVERAL TIMES.

He is a new controller who has been on board for about 3 months now. He has his own accounting staff. I do not work for him but rather I work for his boss. I am not in the accounting dept, so I can care less if he makes my life hell.

What would you do?????
Having worked for many Fortune 500 companies over the years and having to put up with the political office bull shit...I have learned to pick my battles VERY carefully.

Since, this person is not a co-worker you deal with directly on a daily basis, I'd recommend letting this situation take it's own course.

Your actions speak for you. This lazy ass will have his day in the sun.

-- Matthew --

"I'm just a simple man trying to make his way in the Universe" - Jango Fett
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-28-2003, 04:43 PM

Sportbike: Moto Guzzi V-11 sport
Years Riding: since 1998
How you found us: .

I wouldn't do a thing and let this guy "hang" himself. He sounds like a hack, and all hacks are usualyy found out. BTW let me know when he's let go, I'll send in my resume!!

Look, I can appreciate this. I was young too, I felt just like you. Hated authority, hated all my bosses, thought they were full of shit. Look, it's like they say, if you're not a rebel by the age of 20, you got no heart, but if you haven't turned establishment by 30, you've got no brains. Because there are no story-book romances, no fairy-tale endings. So before you run out and change the world, ask yourself, "What do you really want?"
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-01-2003, 10:04 AM
Make my day!!!!!

Sportbike: Looking at a shiny Huffy!
Years Riding: 20+ yrs.
How you found us: member

You can complain with directly complaining about him. You said you shit is late cause of him. Complain about your stuff being late they know it is because of him. When they get tired or you complaining (with good reason) they will start complaining about him.

Living life! Because before you know it it is over!

Joe

FACEBOOK
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-01-2003, 11:24 PM

Since I'm new to this site and that no one really met me, well I thought that I would put my two cents in. I am sure that the manager or any higher authority knows of what is going on during the 9-5 work day. I mean that many companies today install software on computers that spy on their employees. E-mail, voice mail, etc, is constantly being checked after the workday is over with. So if anyone that has been checking e-mails, checking voice mails during the times that you are at work, well let's just assume that you are being wathced. I would be cautious of what I say to other person that is doing nothing at work (Not that their is anything wrong with that) LOL. I for one would not say anything because if that person gets fired, and if that person finds out that you had something to do with that matter, he/she might retaliate and do something to you or your car. Please be carefull.

Dennis
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-01-2003, 11:39 PM
Woo Woo

Sportbike: None for now
Years Riding: 6
How you found us: friend

Send a message via AIM to ZoomByU
forget letting it runs its course get in his face and tell him what you think of him. Even though you dont really work with him you are in the same company and in the end it does affect you in some way. And who cares if he messes with anything of yours its can be replaced and you still have a job, you dont get anywhere with letting things slide just my $.02
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-02-2003, 10:17 AM Thread Starter

Just thought I'd let everyone know what happened.......

Someone else beat me to it. They spilled the beans on him. He was asked to stay after 5 pm, and I know him and the VP were in a serious talk. I was there still after 5... so I saw. I guess we shall see what happens next.
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-02-2003, 12:09 PM

Might be late, but I wouldn't say it's your concern. I'm in IT and I see unfair things happen to the collectors all the time and I also see them doing crap like cutting 5 mins here or there on occassion. That's not my business. We have monitoring software (which I run ) and I'll let it handle it...I'm not going to taddle on them. The one time I did was when one collector was on a personal call for about 4 to 5 hours (her manager wasn't here). That was so blatent that it was almost deserved.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode