Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

just saw a segway downtown

590 views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  bluebusa60544 
#1 ·
One of those 2 wheeled gyroscopic things.. Scenes of PeeWee Herman flashed through my head:laughing

G
#4 ·
I don't think that company will go belly up really soon. If it passes its trial tests here in Chicago, it may be used for postal carriers all across the country, except those postal carriers r just going to get fatter on those things so the new to add some hp or a turbo:D

#5 ·
I've seen some guy riding one all over the DePaul Center @ State and Jackson a few weeks ago. He was zippin in and out of handicapt entrances with ease.

#8 ·
Yeah they aren't very practical, more of a novelty for the people with nothing better to do with their money.

But the technology behind that thing is awesome. It looks impossible, but ill be damned if it dont work! Its cool to think about what kind of weird shit people will be thinking up next.

#9 ·
What the fuck is wrong with walking? I gave up golf, because alot of private courses will not let you walk the course. If I want to get somewhere on two wheels I'll take my bicycle or the bike:twofinger I walk and run 4 times a week to stay in shape. If you don't want to walk take a fucking wheelchair:mad What a stupid idea:nono

#10 ·
GelbKreuz said:
the O'Hare airport police roll around on them. I can see gov agencies spending $4000 for one, but not the common man. I remember it started with all the hype surrounding it.

Go up steps, then that will be something.
He actually has made a weel-chair that can go up steps. The fucker is expensive, but is a feat in and of itself. Lot's of handicap people are interested in it.

#12 ·
If these start to catch on they'll pass a law to make them illegal on sidewalks and we'll have one more thing to dodge on the street.:rolleyes

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.