Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

Bike Night

4K views 82 replies 17 participants last post by  HEESH 
#1 ·
This wednesday. Pay attention to the forum you're in.

Chills and I are hitting Knoch Knolls on the mountain bikes this wednesday. Meeting at 6:30pm in the parking lot at naper/washington behind the tennis courts.

Just tossing it out in case anyone is interested.

#9 ·
I'm a maybe.

#15 ·
I might be down. How wide are these trails?

As in how much contact with the surrounding bushes will be made.

I am crazy allergic to poison ivy, i have had it 16 times. I would be wearing pants and a long sleeve shirt either way, just curious.

#16 ·
The single track is VERY narrow. Lots of contact with the bushes, tree limbs, everything in the forest.

I ride these trails at least once a week since I live up the road, and (knock on wood) I haven't gotten any ivy or oak poisoning yet.

#18 ·
That site needs a little updating. There are some "permanent" obstacles that have been intentially placed on the trails. Pretty cool ones, too, with smaller branches helping you up on the larger logs. Also, the BMX bowl has been filled in.

Too bad there aren't any good pics of the single track on that site.

#27 ·
You guys going to be having cicadas as energy snacks? Should be able to eat them on the fly, literally.

I just remembered about the cicadas being out. Now I could care less about the bugs, but I don't want to wreck into a tree from a natural instinct to dodge one of those huge buggers to the face.

Chills, have you ridden the trail lately? How bad is it with those buggers out there. The wife ran a half marathon on the north shore on Sunday and they were everywhere.

#33 ·
I think I bought a Gary Fisher last year and it has sat in my bike room downstairs since, well, 4 days after I bought it - No way I can be out in the burbs by 6:30 though - I will do some weekenders though

#35 ·
I was on the trail Saturday. Like I said, I go there often. There were NO cicadas. There really aren't any in Naperville at all. There were some gnats and moquitos near the river, but not bad.

HEESH, this is outdoor trail riding. There will be some bugs and some vegatation. I almost hit a deer on Saturday. You'll be ok. I'll be sure to bring my big First Aid kit in case you get attacked. :D

#37 ·
Cook - Your thread inspired me to go downstairs and dust off the 'ole GF and take her for a spin up to the bike store to fill the tires with air - if I stick to my standard routine, I should be all set and not touch her again until 2008 - Thanks buddy - That 15 mins of peddling was AWESOME!

I am going to start riding more - I felt like a jackass when I walked in that bike room and saw it sitting there

#42 ·
I'm out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.